PDA

View Full Version : Is Favre still a "kid at heart"?

Patler
07-28-2006, 09:23 AM
I sure hope so! Look at the roster in the column for "age":

Davis 37
Favre - 36 (soon to be 37)
Henderson - 35

The only others over 30 are:
Harris - 31
Driver 31
Clifton 30

There are only a few in their late 20s. It will be interesting to see the average age of the final roster. With all the rookies this year and last, it should be a very young roster.

MJZiggy
07-28-2006, 09:27 AM
They'll be like the counselors at your kid's camp...(hopefully without the zits)

Patler
07-28-2006, 09:32 AM
Good analogy, MJZ!

Think of your own worplaces. The recent college grad and the employee who has been there 15-20 years. Often, they have very little in common.

MJZiggy
07-28-2006, 09:35 AM
Nevermind.

Green Bud Packer
07-28-2006, 09:42 AM
is favre still a kid at heart? check out woodbucks topic about favre working out at a local high school for your answer.

Badgepack
07-28-2006, 09:43 AM
Good analogy, MJZ!

Think of your own worplaces. The recent college grad and the employee who has been there 15-20 years. Often, they have very little in common.

I play ball with kids young enough to be my own. Many are friends of my youngest daughter. I will play b-bal, softball, go golfing, get invited to their weddings, and have beers with them. The younguns keep me young at heart.

Green Bud Packer
07-28-2006, 09:51 AM
same here badge pack. i hold a wiffle ball tourney once a month in the summer.me and some buds vs my sons and thier buds.the wiffle ballis pretty even but the young guns are starting to out drink us.maybe i am getting old but still not growing up.

Patler
07-28-2006, 10:04 AM
That's why I said I hope he is still young at heart!. Some are, some aren't.

The difference here, of course, is that it is not an occassional activity for a few hours. It is 5-6 days a week of being a kid, all day for 6 months. I don't remember if it was Favre or someone else who said it gets difficult when you have more in common with the equipment guys than your own teammates!

FavreChild
07-28-2006, 10:33 AM
In regard to your workplace analogy, Patler...

Being a "kid at heart" is much different than being young physically. Recent college grads are immature. Not the same thing. Being young at heart means you don't take things too seriously. It's ok to have fun, to get dirty, to follow the simple rules of being a kid. :wink:

woodbuck27
07-28-2006, 02:07 PM
Good analogy, MJZ!

I play ball with kids young enough to be my own. Many are friends of my youngest daughter. I will play b-bal, softball, go golfing, get invited to their weddings, and have beers with them. The younguns keep me young at heart.

I'm just that way also.

Young people are refreshing and have a zest for life that I dig, and that works for me. :mrgreen:

woodbuck27
07-28-2006, 02:10 PM

Being a "kid at heart" is much different than being young physically. Recent college grads are immature. Not the same thing. Being young at heart means you don't take things too seriously. It's ok to have fun, to get dirty, to follow the simple rules of being a kid. :wink:

May I add:

To live life to the fullest, to let some of your guard down (sensably) and to really laugh, as much as possible. :mrgreen:

oregonpackfan
07-28-2006, 08:52 PM

Profound advice, FavreChild. It is important we remember to be child-like, not childish.

Oregonpackfan

Tarlam!
07-29-2006, 04:18 AM
I think you ask a really valid question, Patler. Is he still a kid at heart?

The answer must be no, surely.

Anybody that reaches his age, has buried his father and brother-in-law, has beaten alcoholism and drug addiction, support a wife through chemo-therapy and cancer-rehab can no longer have the innocence of a child in their heart.

But is that really what this team needs?

I think a Brett Favre that leads from his grey hairs might be even more valuable to a team full of rookies that the sand-lot guy many feel he should be in order for us to win.

I'd like to see a smart, considerate general this year that has it as a high priority to protect himself and possession of the pill. I'd like him to share the responsibility of winning, rather than have him feeling he needs to make up for all the rookies by himself.

MJZiggy
07-29-2006, 09:48 AM
Nicely put, Tar.

woodbuck27
07-29-2006, 10:02 AM
Re: Brett Favre

"I'd like to see a smart, considerate general this year that has it as a high priority to protect himself and possession of the pill. I'd like him to share the responsibility of winning, rather than have him feeling he needs to make up for all the rookies by himself." Tarlam

PERFECT !

That is one of the sticks - I've adopted to measure the growth of the Packers this season.

Realistically, we have to weigh in with OUR OL also.