PDA

View Full Version : JUSTIN MILLER AVAILABLE

gbpackfan
11-28-2009, 04:57 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/28/jets-waive-justin-miller/

Miller is a hell of a kick returner. We could use this guy.

Brando19
11-28-2009, 06:22 PM
Yeah, I just heard the news about him. We could really use Miller...even if he just returns kicks. 5 kick returns for TD's since 2005....impressive.

Fosco33
11-28-2009, 06:59 PM
With Kampman still on the roster, put him on IR and bring him in... Jordy is too tall.

Freak Out
11-28-2009, 07:06 PM
What' s the line on TT bringing him in?

gbgary
11-28-2009, 07:50 PM
why is kampman still on the roster?

digitaldean
11-28-2009, 08:54 PM
My thoughts exactly. Kampy should be on IR, Jordy should be a WR only and get Miller in here. Jordy clearly is not the answer as a returner. He got hurt fumbling a kick and thankfully Jordy's fumble wasn't a deciding factor in the Lions' game.

retailguy
11-28-2009, 09:04 PM
if he's so great, why did the jets waive him during week 11? (I did not read the article).

channtheman
11-28-2009, 09:09 PM
if he's so great, why did the jets waive him during week 11? (I did not read the article).

Well he has been great and we've got a spot on the roster if we IR Kampman. Really, it's more a point of why not bring him in and see what he can do?

Brando19
11-28-2009, 09:15 PM

Sirius NFL Radio is reporting he missed a team meeting. :shock:

retailguy
11-28-2009, 09:20 PM

then I guess he's not "packer people". there must be a reason that Ted has not IR'ed Kampman. Maybe the injury isn't as serious as reported? Or they are not certain it is season ending?

Fosco33
11-28-2009, 10:36 PM

then I guess he's not "packer people". there must be a reason that Ted has not IR'ed Kampman. Maybe the injury isn't as serious as reported? Or they are not certain it is season ending?

I asked Pelissero during the post game chat. He said the Pack has went with 52 for the last 2 weeks and to get to the 45 man game day roster - he was kept off IR. Guess there's no one on the PS they care to bring up and no FAs they've been eyeing. That, in itself, is shocking.

SnakeLH2006
11-29-2009, 02:24 AM

I asked Pelissero during the post game chat. He said the Pack has went with 52 for the last 2 weeks and to get to the 45 man game day roster - he was kept off IR. Guess there's no one on the PS they care to bring up and no FAs they've been eyeing. That, in itself, is shocking.

That is shocking that with TT's talent eye no one is worth bringing in...Damn. That does surprise Snake.

What's he been doing lately? First we lose future star QB Brian Brohm off our practice squad last week and now this! Let's hang TT from a basketball hoop! I just got cheap rope from my Black Friday deals. :pc: :lol:

Maxie the Taxi
11-29-2009, 08:48 AM
This Jets blog says all there is to know about Miller:

http://www.thejetsblog.com/2008/11/11/jets-cut-justin-miller/

Bottom-line: A long time under-achiever who flashed brilliance but has off-filed problems and fumble problems who can't play corner and plays special teams no better than Ahmad Carroll.

We don't need him.

KYPack
11-29-2009, 09:19 AM
Thompson is always reluctant to bring in a vet who would take practice reps from one of the kids. I think we could use his depth at CB and play him as a KR. He's also a cover guy. Let him cover and keep Bush healthy to play dime corner?

Brandon494
11-29-2009, 03:14 PM
Thompson is always reluctant to bring in a vet who would take practice reps from one of the kids. I think we could use his depth at CB and play him as a KR. He's also a cover guy. Let him cover and keep Bush healthy to play dime corner?

Justin Miller can't cover to save his life, horrible CB. As a KR he is one of the best. Would love to bring him in to return kicks but hes not going to take Bush off the field on defense.

Bretsky
11-29-2009, 03:49 PM

Justin Miller can't cover to save his life, horrible CB. As a KR he is one of the best. Would love to bring him in to return kicks but hes not going to take Bush off the field on defense.

I'd take anything to help the return unit's; one play can mean a victory come playoff time and right now I don't think many fear our return guys

Partial
11-29-2009, 04:20 PM

I'd take anything to help the return unit's; one play can mean a victory come playoff time and right now I don't think many fear our return guys

Yep. They already signed Trevor Ford, too, to be the last resort corner, so might as well bring in a threat to put some points up.

KYPack
11-29-2009, 06:15 PM

Cover on kick rush, not necessarily on D. Whatever job Bush has on the kick rush team, let this guy do.

Use Miller as a return guy and when we punt, let him get hit with the kick , like Bush does.

woodbuck27
11-29-2009, 07:39 PM
:D

I hoped we's draft this fella or Justin Tuck in TT first draft for us. Will TT show an interest in giving him a chance to revive his once promising potential? He would be a good option in the kick return game.