PDA

View Full Version : Got to love Al Harris' optimism...

digitaldean
11-28-2009, 09:28 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Al-Harris-Ill-be-back-in-6-months.html

Here's the headline..
Al Harris: ‘I’ll be back in 6 months’

It's from Harris' agent. Harris is convinced he will be back in 6 months time and plans on playing 3 to 4 more years.

His skills have gone down somewhat the past couple seasons, but if he can be back to even just help out in 9 months (let alone 6) think of the leadership boost this team can get.

Given his comeback from the spleen injury, I wouldn't bet against him.

BallHawk
11-28-2009, 09:30 PM
I believe him. The dude is a warrior.

retailguy
11-28-2009, 09:33 PM
I believe him. The dude is a warrior.

Quality guy, great teammate, good packer person. But probably done.

He'll come back, but at 35, his speed will be affected and he was never that fast to begin with.

Don't want to bet against such a great person, but the odds are not in his favor.

Little Whiskey
11-28-2009, 11:24 PM
a serious knee injury to a corner past his prime is not a good thing. I've always like Al. but his better years are behind him, and this isn't a twisted ankle. I'd like to see him retire a packer though

SnakeLH2006
11-29-2009, 12:47 AM
a serious knee injury to a corner past his prime is not a good thing. I've always like Al. but his better years are behind him, and this isn't a twisted ankle. I'd like to see him retire a packer though

QFT.

The Leaper
11-29-2009, 12:58 AM
IMO, Al was likely to become a borderline starter as early as next season...he's been beaten deep numerous times this year, but more often than not has been lucky that the QB hasn't been able to make a good throw.

It is a big loss for GB right now...because we really don't have anyone to replace him yet, and our depth at CB is mediocre. I don't think this is a big loss long term though...Al simply doesn't have much left in the tank.

SnakeLH2006
11-29-2009, 01:15 AM
IMO, Al was likely to become a borderline starter as early as next season...he's been beaten deep numerous times this year, but more often than not has been lucky that the QB hasn't been able to make a good throw.

It is a big loss for GB right now...because we really don't have anyone to replace him yet, and our depth at CB is mediocre. I don't think this is a big loss long term though...Al simply doesn't have much left in the tank.

Agreed and you may have missed this thread, Leaper, to cast your vote:

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=19437&highlight=

Smidgeon
11-29-2009, 10:23 AM
He'll come back, but at 35, his speed will be affected and he was never that fast to begin with.

They say the quicker athletes are usually done when their speed starts to go. It's the athletes that find a way to be highly successful with a slower 40 that seem to hang on forever. Because when their speed goes, they can still be effective because they never relied solely on that speed.

Bretsky
11-29-2009, 10:44 AM
Harris will be fine; he's a football player that relies on strength and technique. Speed has never been his forte. He'll be fine.

mission
11-29-2009, 11:07 AM
Yeah, I think Al will bounce back just fine as a Packer next season.

gbgary
11-29-2009, 12:35 PM
Harris will be fine; he's a football player that relies on strength and technique. Speed has never been his forte. He'll be fine.

this!! if he's allowed to play the way he plays best, tight man to man, then he'll be a major contributor for a couple more years (if his rehab goes well)...but tt needs to look for his successor in the next draft.

Smidgeon
11-29-2009, 01:33 PM
this!! if he's allowed to play the way he plays best, tight man to man, then he'll be a major contributor for a couple more years (if his rehab goes well)...but tt needs to look for his successor in the next draft.

I agree, but it's nice to point out that it's not as if TT has been ignoring the CB position in the draft:

2005: Mike Hawkins 5th
2006: Will Blackmon 4th
2008: Pat Lee 2nd
2009: Brandon Underwood 6th

And that doesn't mention the CBs that TT signed as undrafted or unrestricted free agents. Pat Lee still has a chance. I know we like to see results immediately, but I'll give him another year to find out.