PDA

View Full Version : Dec 20 game - GB v PIT

The Leaper
11-30-2009, 10:10 AM
Does this game get moved up to Sunday night??

The current matchup of Minnesota-Carolina looks BAD, and you have to think NBC wants off that game. Even with Favre, that game is a ratings dud.

There are 2 good matchups for them to choose from...our game vs the Steelers, and the Bengals vs Chargers. Personally, I think the Bengals/Chargers is probably a better matchup...but if NBC is looking for ratings (of course they are) then Packers/Steelers makes sense, as those are two teams with massive fan bases that draw national interest.

gbgary
11-30-2009, 10:15 AM
i hope they don't move it. outside december is bad enough without having to play at night too.

PackerTimer
11-30-2009, 12:01 PM

The current matchup of Minnesota-Carolina looks BAD, and you have to think NBC wants off that game. Even with Favre, that game is a ratings dud.

There are 2 good matchups for them to choose from...our game vs the Steelers, and the Bengals vs Chargers. Personally, I think the Bengals/Chargers is probably a better matchup...but if NBC is looking for ratings (of course they are) then Packers/Steelers makes sense, as those are two teams with massive fan bases that draw national interest.

They'll never take Favre out of primetime.

mraynrand
11-30-2009, 12:16 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_CJiMltRI5UQ/SuSGRfcV_-I/AAAAAAAAQcU/DpfUlTjP0q0/s320/DeannaFavre.jpg

Exactly. Plus they can get some new footage of Deanna up there. Perhaps she can write a new poem just for the game. "My Brett..."

Smidgeon
11-30-2009, 01:40 PM

Depends on if the game is protected by the network that currently has it or not.

The Shadow
11-30-2009, 04:38 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_CJiMltRI5UQ/SuSGRfcV_-I/AAAAAAAAQcU/DpfUlTjP0q0/s320/DeannaFavre.jpg

Exactly. Plus they can get some new footage of Deanna up there. Perhaps she can write a new poem just for the game. "My Brett..."

Is that a marital aid she's holding?

mraynrand
11-30-2009, 05:00 PM

They may take Favre out of primetime, but they'll never take Primetime out of Favre!

http://cdn.holytaco.com/www/sites/default/files/deion_sanders_dad.JPG

Brandon494
11-30-2009, 05:10 PM
I'm going to this game and can not wait! I go to college with Kevin Green's nephew and he got us free tickets to the game. Only thing that sucks is I'll be the only Packers fan going along with 3 Steelers fan so if we lose I'm going to have to hear it the whole ride home.