PDA

View Full Version : Another reason to enjoy this season . . Bears are a disaster

cheesner
11-30-2009, 02:25 PM
We can't really enjoy fully how terrible the Bears are.

The Bears brought in their new franchise QB who is currently:

Ranked 23rd in QB Rating at 74.4
Ranked 1st in interceptions with 16
He has never played for a team past HS with a winning record and unless they win out at 4-7, that isn't going to change.

Add to this the fact that the guy they gave up, Kyle Orton, is ranked 14th at 87.9 QB rating.

Also, they traded away their #1 pick in this years draft, which is exceptionally deep. A top 10 pick could result in an impact player.

Pugger
11-30-2009, 02:28 PM
It's enough to make me want to dance a jig right here! :bump:

channtheman
11-30-2009, 02:34 PM
I thought your INT number for Cuntler looked low. He's actually thrown 20.

cheesner
11-30-2009, 02:39 PM
I thought your INT number for Cuntler looked low. He's actually thrown 20.

My mistake. It is 20 ints. 16 is actually his TD number. Which gives him a TD/INT ratio of 0.8. Which ranks 27th in the NFL.

cheesner
11-30-2009, 02:47 PM
They also traded for Adam Gaines, giving up their 2nd round pick in the upcoming draft. How did that work out for them so far?

Adam Gaines
Games: 6
Starts: 0
Tackle: 1
Assists: 2
Sacks: 0

It is pathetic when I had to correct my grammer so that 'Tackle' wasn't plural.

Tony Oday
11-30-2009, 03:54 PM
Who would ever think 7-4 would be struggling...

cheesner
11-30-2009, 03:59 PM
You are exactly right. My bad.

I should have said troubling issues. Offensive Line issues. Special team issues.

mraynrand
11-30-2009, 04:03 PM

I should have said troubling issues. Offensive Line issues. Special team issues.

It's all relative - the Division leader swept us, has one loss, will have a playoff bye, might get homefield throughout, has our HOF QB, and may very well be the team that knocks us out of the playoffs, should we make it. No matter how well the Packers may be doing, that shadow overwhelms just about everything.

bobblehead
11-30-2009, 04:12 PM

It's all relative - the Division leader swept us, has one loss, will have a playoff bye, might get homefield throughout, has our HOF QB, and may very well be the team that knocks us out of the playoffs, should we make it. No matter how well the Packers may be doing, that shadow overwhelms just about everything.

Or he could throw 2 red zone picks like he did when we swept the queens and met them in the playoffs not so long ago.

SkinBasket
11-30-2009, 04:15 PM
Cutler is without a doubt the best QB in the division.

We should all remember to temper our thoughts with sanity at times.

pbmax
11-30-2009, 05:04 PM
They also traded for Adam Gaines, giving up their 2nd round pick in the upcoming draft. How did that work out for them so far?

Adam Gaines

I might have late onset Dyslexia, but I think his name is Gaines Adams.

pbmax
11-30-2009, 05:04 PM

Wait until his next good game and then the thread bumping will begin.

Brandon494
11-30-2009, 05:22 PM

I use to post at packerscout.com and after the Bears got Cutler the admin there said TT was a idiot for drafting Rodgers in 2005 and should have known Cutler was coming out the next year and that we should have drafted him instead and TT should have known this. :roll:

That being said he had a man crush on Cutler because he reminded him of Favre and of course he hated TT with a passion because he had a man crush on Favre.

MadScientist
11-30-2009, 05:53 PM
The Bears organization is terrible for QB's. I wonder what would happen if they got Darrell Bevell to be their head coach next year if they fire Lovie? That might bring hope for Cutler and send Voldemort down south for good.

cheesner
11-30-2009, 06:05 PM

Adam Gaines

I might have late onset Dyslexia, but I think his name is Gaines Adams.

http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab186/dawiesner/58thumbnail.jpg

huhhhhh? What? I can't hear you PBM, I'm busy.

Rastak
11-30-2009, 07:35 PM
Wow, from ESPN Insider Rumors....

Back in July, there was a rumored feud between Brian Urlacher and Jay Cutler -- with Urlacher referring to his new teammate as a [wimp] to Bobby Wade -- but at least publicly, Urlacher denied that he said anything of the sort.

But in a column written by Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports following a hijinks-filled weekend with No. 54 in Chicago, perhaps there's something to those initial rumors.

While Urlacher doesn't call Cutler's manliness into question, he does think the move to get him was a mistake: "Look, I love Jay, and I understand he's a great player who can take us a long way, and I still have faith in him," Urlacher said. "But I hate the way our identity has changed. We used to establish the run and wear teams down and try not to make mistakes, and we'd rely on our defense to keep us in the game and make big plays to put us in position to win. Kyle Orton might not be the flashiest quarterback, but the guy is a winner, and that formula worked for us. I hate to say it, but that's the truth."

Team records following Week 12: Orton's Denver Broncos: 7-4; Cutler's Chicago Bears: 4-7.

ThunderDan
11-30-2009, 07:40 PM
Wow, from ESPN Insider Rumors....

Back in July, there was a rumored feud between Brian Urlacher and Jay Cutler -- with Urlacher referring to his new teammate as a [wimp] to Bobby Wade -- but at least publicly, Urlacher denied that he said anything of the sort.

But in a column written by Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports following a hijinks-filled weekend with No. 54 in Chicago, perhaps there's something to those initial rumors.

While Urlacher doesn't call Cutler's manliness into question, he does think the move to get him was a mistake: "Look, I love Jay, and I understand he's a great player who can take us a long way, and I still have faith in him," Urlacher said. "But I hate the way our identity has changed. We used to establish the run and wear teams down and try not to make mistakes, and we'd rely on our defense to keep us in the game and make big plays to put us in position to win. Kyle Orton might not be the flashiest quarterback, but the guy is a winner, and that formula worked for us. I hate to say it, but that's the truth."

Team records following Week 12: Orton's Denver Broncos: 7-4; Cutler's Chicago Bears: 4-7.

As a friend of mine once told me, when someone puts a but in a sentence ignore EVERYTHING before the but.

Rastak
11-30-2009, 07:55 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Biggs-Urlachers-comments-dont-play-well-with-Lovie.html

LAKE FOREST, Ill.—Bears coach Lovie Smith wasn’t thrilled with the remarks linebacker Brian Urlacher made publicly about his struggling team over the weekend, but the coach acknowledged there isn’t a lot he can do about it.

Urlacher was critical of the Bears’ identity in remarks to Mike Silver of Yahoo! Sports, and also seemed to take some shots at running back Matt Forte while he watched the team get dismantled 36-10 by the Minnesota Vikings.

“Look, I love Jay (Cutler), and I understand he’s a great player who can take us a long way, and I still have faith in him,” Urlacher said. “But I hate the way our identity has changed. We used to establish the run and wear teams down and try not to make mistakes, and we’d rely on our defense to keep us in the game and make big plays to put us in position to win. Kyle Orton might not be the flashiest quarterback, but the guy is a winner, and that formula worked for us. I hate to say it, but that’s the truth.”

As far as the Bears’ last-ranked rushing offense, he seemed to point his commentary at the play selection of offensive coordinator Ron Turner and Forte, the second-year back who has struggled.

“Now we’re gonna run that (expletive)!” Urlacher said of a run play in the fourth quarter. Earlier, discussing a botched screen pass, he said, “You know why that doesn’t work? We don’t make anyone (expletive) miss. I guess I just don’t realize what great tacklers these (opposing defenders) are. They’re amazing.”

Those are not words that are going to go over well in Halas Hall. Remember, ex-Bear Bobby Wade said on the eve of training camp that Urlacher had called Cutler a word that rhymes with wussy, one that we don’t condone at the National Football Post. So does that make these remarks a coincidence?

“I think right now at this stage, everyone is frustrated with where we are and everybody will speak their mind,’’ Smith said. “Brian Urlacher is a team guy, like all of our players are, and they will voice their opinion. I would like all comments to be positive toward what we’re doing but guys have a chance to voice their opinion. I can’t do a whole lot about that, I just know that brian is a team player. He’s behind everything that we’re doing.”

Teammates were not sure what to make of the most recent hullabaloo.

Cheesehead Craig
11-30-2009, 08:38 PM
It's going to be a hell of a soap opera in CHI this offseason and into next year.

Wonder who's going to leave first, Urlacher or Cutler. May not be this offseason but they are not going to be able to co-exist for long.

Little Whiskey
11-30-2009, 09:19 PM

I'm still laughing!! tears are in my eyes.

SkinBasket
11-30-2009, 09:28 PM

But are they tears of happiness or sadness? I'm guessing both.

get louder at lambeau
11-30-2009, 09:54 PM

But are they tears of happiness or sadness? I'm guessing both.

Are those the only two options?

cheesner
12-03-2009, 09:06 AM
And how could I forget?

The Bears highest draft pick in recent memory, Cedric Benson is a miserable failure and they end up cutting him after giving him millions.

He joins the Bengals and becomes a force. He is currently ranked 9th in the NFL in rushing yards.

Fritz
12-03-2009, 11:53 AM
This is an excellent thread. In our myopia over this weird up and down Packer season, we've forgotten how much enjoyment is to be had by looking south to our friends in Chicago.

Jay Cutler sucks ass! Gaines Adams sucks ass! Their offensive line sucks ass! Their defense is aging! They have no first or second round pick next year!

Man, your team is 4-7 and you can't even look forward to next year. Well, unless da Bears decide to trade their 2012, 2013, and 2014 first round picks to win now, baby. You know, like they did this year.

mngolf19
12-03-2009, 12:04 PM
Living in Chicago I listen to their discussions all the time on this. They mostly feel Urlacher is wrong due to the fact that:

1. They don't have the defense they used to so they can't play the conservative game.

2. They have a QB they believe will bring them down the path towards the NFL norm of being a passing team. And they have invested alot in him.

All feel that while Cutler has not been good, he is much better than he has shown. The real problem lies in bringing him in while having weaknesses at OL, WR. He can't perform optimally without that. So the investment needs to be made there. I think I agree with this. Will probably take them a long time though and possibly a new management.

Fritz
12-03-2009, 12:08 PM
And they've put themselves into a spot in which they've traded away the high picks that would allow them to get a better shot at the players they need on the o-line, at wide receiver, and on the aging defense.

So...do they trade away more picks and sign more free agents to try to plug the holes now, while Cutler is in his prime (snicker, snicker), or do they wait patiently while Cutler gets beat to hell and throws more picks until soon he's bitching his way out of Chicago?

mngolf19
12-03-2009, 12:18 PM
Hub Arkesh(spell?) also said he thought the Bears were a plum org to coach and/or GM. :lol: I don't see that but he mentioned it while they were discussing Angelo and Lovie's future. They believe Cowher has been reached out to.

bobblehead
12-03-2009, 12:28 PM
This is an excellent thread. In our myopia over this weird up and down Packer season, we've forgotten how much enjoyment is to be had by looking south to our friends in Chicago.

Jay Cutler sucks ass! Gaines Adams sucks ass! Their offensive line sucks ass! Their defense is aging! They have no first or second round pick next year!

Man, your team is 4-7 and you can't even look forward to next year. Well, unless da Bears decide to trade their 2012, 2013, and 2014 first round picks to win now, baby. You know, like they did this year.

Thanx fritz, you made my day. Bears fans are delusional though, the ones I know are telling me that Cutler just needs a year to adjust to his new team and their theme.

I tell them that he will end up pissed at the bears, force his release and go play with minnesota right after BF retires in 2018, at which point he will play mistake free and taunt the bears with "see, I told you so"

sharpe1027
12-03-2009, 01:18 PM
Living in Chicago I listen to their discussions all the time on this. They mostly feel Urlacher is wrong due to the fact that:

1. They don't have the defense they used to so they can't play the conservative game.

2. They have a QB they believe will bring them down the path towards the NFL norm of being a passing team. And they have invested alot in him.

All feel that while Cutler has not been good, he is much better than he has shown. The real problem lies in bringing him in while having weaknesses at OL, WR. He can't perform optimally without that. So the investment needs to be made there. I think I agree with this. Will probably take them a long time though and possibly a new management.

Haha. Bears fans will never learn. I heard similar arguments defending Sexy Rexy. Wishful thinking aside, Culter is as good or as bad as his play on the field. It doesn't matter what Bears fans need to believe to stay sane. It also doesn't matter what sports writers need to say to try to save face after all the praise they gave both him and the Bears after the trade.

Freak Out
12-03-2009, 01:49 PM
The meltdown continues in Chicago....

From Yahoo:

• Toxic fallout continues to rain on various Bears, following Monday's Morning Rush. After watching a failed screen pass to Matt Forte(notes), Brian Urlacher(notes) told Michael Silver, "We don’t make anyone [expletive] miss." Speaking later to Brad Biggs, Forte responded with this: "Urlacher has his own opinion. If I couldn't make anybody miss, I probably wouldn't be playing pro football." Unless I'm mistaken, the Bears are melting down. Let's not rule out the possibility of a home loss to the Rams. [National Football Post]

Fritz
12-04-2009, 01:15 PM
A writer from that website, a former safety who played for the Packers, Matt Bowen, wrote an interesting article a few weeks back when both the Pack and Bears were sitting at 4-4. He noted that both head coaches were on eggshells - a delicate and crucial moment for both men. Not that either team was openly in rebellion, but that players were on the verge of losing confidence in the schemes (and thus the coaches), and both coaches' fates might hang on their ability to turn things around and keep things from falling apart.

Looks like for the moment at least MM has avoided losing the confidence of his group, while the Bears' recent losses has really hurt that team's mind set.

mraynrand
12-04-2009, 01:50 PM
The worst thing about all this is that they will play their guts out against the Packers. They will play with wild abandon and the Packers better be up for it or they'll get crushed. They way things are going, that game against the Packers will look like the Bears' last hurrah before the whole construct collapses. That's a dangerous game if I ever saw one. You know what they say about a wounded bear....

cheesner
12-08-2009, 08:37 PM
The worst thing about all this is that they will play their guts out against the Packers. They will play with wild abandon and the Packers better be up for it or they'll get crushed. They way things are going, that game against the Packers will look like the Bears' last hurrah before the whole construct collapses. That's a dangerous game if I ever saw one. You know what they say about a wounded bear.... they poop in the woods?

Yep. Whenever the Pack and the Bears play, you can forget about the records. I think the Pack are just too strong though and the bears are in too much disarray. The prospect for the Packers this Sunday is good, the prospects for the next few years, as pointed out above, is excellent!

Fritz
12-08-2009, 08:41 PM
I fear this is a trap game, despite the rivalry. Mraynrand is right.

The Shadow
12-08-2009, 08:54 PM

How nice of you to mention!

MJZiggy
12-08-2009, 09:14 PM
I fear this is a trap game, despite the rivalry. Mraynrand is right.

I have to admit to being nervous myself.

DannoMac21
12-08-2009, 10:54 PM
What...what I'm gonna do is...we're 10-2...we just won the division...with Rex at quarterback.

channtheman
12-09-2009, 12:08 AM
I agree the Bears game is going to be a tough one big time. We better come to play.

Iron Mike
12-09-2009, 12:10 AM
Bears fans are already throwing in the towel:

http://boards.chicagobears.com/forums/thread/1954086.aspx

Tyrone Bigguns
12-09-2009, 12:25 AM
Ty would trade a Ravens win for a Bears win.

Beating the ravens and going 1-1 against da bears. Meh.

Losing to the ravens and going 2-0 against da bears. Bedlam!!

Scott Campbell
12-09-2009, 12:42 AM

Best thread ever.

channtheman
12-09-2009, 01:28 AM

Best thread ever.

Ironically enough, same thing could have been said about our board before the Cowboy game.

SkinBasket
12-09-2009, 07:52 AM
Moreover, the Bears have not, to date, gotten the benefit of the doubt on most penalties, even when there are blatant pass interference calls. Consequently, the Packers, despite being one of the most penalized teams in the league, will appear to be saints in the eyes of the officials and the Bears most likely lose.

Someone didn't watch the Monday night game. Or read the stats. I did find a nice avatar there though.

pbmax
12-09-2009, 07:54 AM
No kidding about the aftermath of Tampa. The only people posting were not just predicting a loss, they were calling for heads to roll.

Bretsky
12-09-2009, 08:30 AM
No kidding about the aftermath of Tampa. The only people posting were not just predicting a loss, they were calling for heads to roll.

Ah, but the geniuses recovered and guaranteed the Pack to go to 7-4 after the TB loss :lol:

mraynrand
12-09-2009, 09:54 AM

Not me. I drew the parallel to the 1997 season, when the Packers lost on the road to the 0-10 Colts and then came back to Lambeau and crushed the Cowboys after being tied 10-10 at half. FUCKIN' A BABY, IT CAME TO PASS!!!!!!!!

SkinBasket
12-09-2009, 10:01 AM
I still want a new head coach.

mraynrand
12-09-2009, 10:10 AM
I still want a new head coach.

Stubby doesn't like you either.

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/Workedem.jpg

packers11
12-09-2009, 10:58 AM
Well if we ever make it to the Superbowl in this decade, at-least we won't have wrexy ruining it for us :)

Fritz
12-09-2009, 11:01 AM
Where have DabaddestBear and Bearman gone? They love to stir the pot, but now it's time to face the music. I will say thought that at least DBB started a thread a few weeks back in which he acknowledged the sucknicity of the Bears.

mission
12-09-2009, 11:13 AM

Best thread ever.

Some pretty funny posts in there.

Reading that makes me feel generally better about my life.

Bears fans are miserable!

mraynrand
12-09-2009, 11:31 AM
Where have DabaddestBear and Bearman gone? They love to stir the pot, but now it's time to face the music. I will say thought that at least DBB started a thread a few weeks back in which he acknowledged the sucknicity of the Bears.

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/typicalbearstroll1.jpg

Bossman641
12-09-2009, 12:52 PM
I'm a little nervous, but believe me when I tell you the Bears are awful. Forte has been a complete non-factor all year. Expect the Bears to throw numerous bubble screens during the game.

On offense, I think we should fare much better this time around if the OL comes to play. After a fast start, Ogunleye has tailed off. Alex Brown is playing pretty well, but Tommie Harris is still inconsistent. He flashes occassionally, but can't do it down after down. They have been trying out all kinds of safety pairs and actually settled on a decent one last week in Payne and Afalava, but it was against the Rams so tough to judge. I don't know whether Briggs is playing this week, but the backup Jamar Williams played well last week.

The one thing that could kill us is special teams, especially with how shitty we have been. That is the only thing that can keep the bears in the game.

I guarantee if the Packers get off to a quick start the fans will turn on the team. At this point, they are just looking for things to boo about.