PDA

View Full Version : Move over Tom, theres a new sheriff in town.

bobblehead
11-30-2009, 07:43 PM
I have a feeling the torch for elite QB in the league is going to get passed tonight. Long live the new king....Drew Brees.

Time will tell if I'm right or wrong.

Partial
11-30-2009, 07:45 PM
I have a feeling the torch for elite QB in the league is going to get passed tonight. Long live the new king....Drew Brees.

We'll see. I think the Pats got this one but we'll see what happens

bobblehead
11-30-2009, 07:52 PM

We'll see. I think the Pats got this one but we'll see what happens

As a fan I'm somewhat neutral to what I want. I like the Pats dominance and ability to stay on top, but I like Brees, he is a warrior. Its my hunch, but not necessarily my hope that Brees shows himself in this game. OK, maybe a touch of hope as I'm ready for a new top gun, but I don't begrudge Brady a thing, man is flat out awesome under pressure.

Brandon494
11-30-2009, 07:55 PM
Saints recieve their first lost tonight.

gbgary
11-30-2009, 08:16 PM
theres a new sheriff in town...

and his name is reggie hammond!

bobblehead
11-30-2009, 09:07 PM
Saints recieve their first lost tonight.

Not to say the Pats can't come back, but it will be REALLY tough. Gotta give Brees some wicked props, this guy is having the quietest back to back monster seasons ever.

He still will have to perform in the playoffs to get the big time recognition, but man is he sick sometimes.

Partial
11-30-2009, 09:11 PM

Looks like you're going to end up correct. Would not be the least bit surprised to see the PP's get back in the gam though.

Rastak
11-30-2009, 09:13 PM
theres a new sheriff in town...

and his name is reggie hammond!

I was thinking sheriff Bart aka Cleavon Little. RIP on that dude.

packers11
11-30-2009, 09:14 PM
I have a feeling the torch for elite QB in the league is going to get passed tonight. Long live the new king....Aaron Rodgers.

Fixed :)

Partial
11-30-2009, 10:12 PM
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :flag: :flag: :flag:

Pretend the flag is white.

Lurker64
11-30-2009, 10:26 PM
The Saints are truly the class of the NFC this year.

Partial
11-30-2009, 10:29 PM

Too soon to tell. Minne's pass rush will be able to get on top of 'em. Philly has the speed to mathc up with both.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-30-2009, 10:39 PM

Too soon to tell. Minne's pass rush will be able to get on top of 'em. Philly has the speed to mathc up with both.

Yes, 11 games is to soon tell about the saints, but early enough for you to make proclamations about GB and Arod.

Do you even think before you post?

Partial
11-30-2009, 10:59 PM

Yes, 11 games is to soon tell about the saints, but early enough for you to make proclamations about GB and Arod.

We've seen a lot of the Pack and not a lot of the Saints. I still think it's too early to form a concrete opinion on the Pack even. It's going to come down to who gets hot at the right time.

Cheesehead Craig
11-30-2009, 11:02 PM
I think the Saints are 1a and the Vikes are 1b. Both teams are completely rolling and have very few holes. The difference between them isn't much, but I'll give the nod to the Saints right now.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-30-2009, 11:07 PM

We've seen a lot of the Pack and not a lot of the Saints. I still think it's too early to form a concrete opinion on the Pack even. It's going to come down to who gets hot at the right time.

We've seen a lot of the pack? So, you are now confident to talk about the rest of us? Wow. What chutzpah.

Oh, now it is concrete opinions. Dude, you have been making proclamations about the pack all season. Man up.

The saints are undefeated..they are the class of the NFC.

Lurker64
11-30-2009, 11:16 PM
I think the Saints are 1a and the Vikes are 1b. Both teams are completely rolling and have very few holes. The difference between them isn't much, but I'll give the nod to the Saints right now.

I would say the Saints are #1 and the Vikes are #2. Remember, the Vikings have one loss, and two wins one of which was the result of a missed makeable kick by a now unemployed kicker, and the other which was the result of an improbable (even for the old man) touchdown reception. The Vikings have had some close games, but the Saints just dominate teams in the second half.

Bossman641
11-30-2009, 11:17 PM
I think the Saints are just a little more dangerous than the Vikings. For a group of mostly no-name receivers, they are playing extremely well and can score from any point on the field.

On top of that, the D played really well tonight.

Zool
11-30-2009, 11:18 PM
The Vikes are a very good team(I really hate typing that), but the Saints are playing lights out.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-30-2009, 11:25 PM
The Vikes are a very good team(I really hate typing that), but the Saints are playing lights out.

Exactly.

the saints just went out and beat a very good Pats team with half their secondary out and street free agents just brought in.

Bossman641
11-30-2009, 11:27 PM

Exactly.

the saints just went out and beat a very good Pats team with half their secondary out and street free agents just brought in.

Mac da Great....dayum

Partial
11-30-2009, 11:52 PM

We've seen a lot of the pack? So, you are now confident to talk about the rest of us? Wow. What chutzpah.

Oh, now it is concrete opinions. Dude, you have been making proclamations about the pack all season. Man up.

Not saying they're not, but I know better than to "take it to the bank" on an undefeated team. Giants were a 6 seed and shocked the world..

I'm still sticking with Philly. Go big or go home, I guess.

Tyrone Bigguns
12-01-2009, 12:45 AM

Not saying they're not, but I know better than to "take it to the bank" on an undefeated team. Giants were a 6 seed and shocked the world..

You arent' saying they aren't..funny, but that is EXACTLY what you said.

Nobody said anything about taking it to the bank. What was said is that they are the class of the NFC.

Jimx29
12-01-2009, 03:30 AM
Haven't heard of a new sheriff in town since Denny Green showed up in Minnesota years ago

channtheman
12-01-2009, 03:38 AM
Haven't heard of a new sheriff in town since Denny Green showed up in Minnesota years ago

They are who we thought they were!

mraynrand
12-01-2009, 08:03 AM

You arent' saying they aren't..funny, but that is EXACTLY what you said.

Nobody said anything about taking it to the bank. What was said is that they are the class of the NFC.

Too soon to tell. :lol:

mraynrand
12-01-2009, 08:06 AM

Too soon to tell.

Cheesehead Craig
12-01-2009, 09:04 AM

Too soon to tell.

Come on mraynrand, you let him off the hook!

mngolf19
12-01-2009, 11:52 AM

I would say the Saints are #1 and the Vikes are #2. Remember, the Vikings have one loss, and two wins one of which was the result of a missed makeable kick by a now unemployed kicker, and the other which was the result of an improbable (even for the old man) touchdown reception. The Vikings have had some close games, but the Saints just dominate teams in the second half.

And the Vikes loss was on a call that even Dungy mentioned was wrong. Also the Saints won some games in the last second as well. Saints get the props for being undefeated. Looking at how NE tried to pressure Brees last night, I know MN would do much better. There was none up the middle. And MN beat a similar Saints team in NO last year. I wouldn't want to bet either way in a game between them.

mraynrand
12-01-2009, 12:31 PM

Too soon to tell.

Come on mraynrand, you let him off the hook!

Too soon to tell.

(I can keep on using that - it really has a universal vagueness to it that allows it's irrelevant usage in most situations. Very unsatisfying!).

ThunderDan
12-01-2009, 12:53 PM
And the Vikes loss was on a call that even Dungy mentioned was wrong. Also the Saints won some games in the last second as well. Saints get the props for being undefeated. Looking at how NE tried to pressure Brees last night, I know MN would do much better. There was none up the middle. And MN beat a similar Saints team in NO last year. I wouldn't want to bet either way in a game between them.

Which the NFL's chief of officals said was the right call after it was reviewed.

Didn't think Tony Dungy was the final word on anything officiating.

mngolf19
12-01-2009, 04:40 PM

Which the NFL's chief of officals said was the right call after it was reviewed.

Just saying it isn't a homer thing in deciding whether it was a good call or not. And that if you are going to say that Vikes got lucky on one hand, they also got unlucky as well. Are you going to say the Chief of Officials is never wrong as well?

ThunderDan
12-01-2009, 07:41 PM

Just saying it isn't a homer thing in deciding whether it was a good call or not. And that if you are going to say that Vikes got lucky on one hand, they also got unlucky as well. Are you going to say the Chief of Officials is never wrong as well?

When Matthews grazed Stafford's helmet this week he got a 15 yard penalty. I didn't like the call but it's in the books and should be called.

You didn't have to like the penalty during the PITT game but Mike Pierra(sp?) said it was the correct call.

Partial
12-01-2009, 08:37 PM
158.3. Holy crap.