PDA

View Full Version : Woodson named NFC defensive player of the week, again

packers11
12-01-2009, 06:55 PM
Woodson named NFC defensive player of the week, again

No surprise here, but Packers cornerback Charles Woodson will be named NFC defensive player of the week tomorrow, an NFL source said.

Woodson dominated the Packers' Thanksgiving victory at Detroit with two interceptions, a sack and a fumble.

It's the second time that Woodson has won the award in the last month. He also was honored after the Packers' win over the Cowboys. He also was named NFC defensive player of the month for September.

-- Rob Demovsky, rdemovsk@greenbaypressgazette.comhttp://twitter.com/RobDemovsky

posted by PackersNews.com at 2:47 PM | 14 Comments

packers11
12-01-2009, 06:56 PM
DMVP of year? I'd say hes on pace. :bclap:

Partial
12-01-2009, 07:43 PM
On thanksgiving I tried to think of a single player on D playing better than Chuck. I could not think of one. Maybe Jared Allen.

mission
12-01-2009, 07:53 PM
On thanksgiving I tried to think of a single player on D playing better than Chuck. I could not think of one. Maybe Jared Allen.

Why, because he had 83 sacks against the Packers?

He's hardly been as consistent as Woodson has been this year.

If you want me to prove it -- I can -- and you can ignore the thread/post/reply like you usually do until it falls to the bottom of the front page.

Partial
12-01-2009, 08:27 PM

Why, because he had 83 sacks against the Packers?

If you want me to prove it -- I can -- and you can ignore the thread/post/reply like you usually do until it falls to the bottom of the front page.

?

Like I said, maybe Jared Allen.

Packers4Ever
12-01-2009, 10:28 PM
[quote="mission"][quote=Partial]On thanksgiving I tried to think of a single player on D playing better than Chuck. I could not think of one. Maybe Jared Allen.

Why, because he had 83 sacks against the Packers.

If you want me to prove it -- I can -- and you can ignore the thread/post/reply like you usually do until it falls to the bottom of the front page.[/quot
Like I said, maybe Jared Allen.[/quote

Changing the subject, just a LITTLE, I caught Chuck on Mac's show tonight,
what a neat guest, he was taking questions from the audience and keeping them entertained. Did you know he also donated 2 mill to a childrens' hospital in Michigan, that's 4 mill to that hospital as Greg J. also donated recently.
What's nice to hear is how much Chuck is enjoying his time as a Green Bay Packer as he'd worried a bit that GB might not be the right team/City for him. I hope his time here can stretch out to at least 2 or 3 more years.