PDA

View Full Version : VERNON DAVIS SIGNS. HAWK'S CONTRACT SHOULD BE EASY NOW!

gbpackfan
07-28-2006, 11:54 AM
49ers | Davis signed
Fri, 28 Jul 2006 09:40:42 -0700

Matt Maiocco, of the Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports the San Francisco 49ers have signed first-round draft choice TE Vernon Davis. Terms of the deal are not yet available.

Now that Ferguson (4th pick) and Davis (6th pick) have both signed, Hawk's deal should be real easy to figure out. However, it seems that money usually isnt the issue at this point, it is years of service. 5 or 6 year deal?

We are just hours away from the Hawk signing!

Green Bud Packer
07-28-2006, 12:03 PM
sweet. i've got a feeling he'll be on the field tonight.

Fosco33
07-28-2006, 12:06 PM
NICE!

I'm in the league of a 5 year deal for rookies - not that its that far off from another season but this is gonna cost the Packers a lot and while we're all hopefull of great things from AJ - only time will tell....

What are your thoughts - 5 or 6?

Deputy Nutz
07-28-2006, 12:34 PM
It not even the years that are the problem right now, it is figuring out all the incentives and benchmarks. Hawk is a linebacker and it is a bit tricky to determine incentives for that position since the league does not have tackles as an offical stat. To hard to keep track of.

I still say it is going to be a six year deal with the last year going to be an option.

woodbuck27
07-28-2006, 12:35 PM
NICE!

I'm in the league of a 5 year deal for rookies - not that its that far off from another season but this is gonna cost the Packers a lot and while we're all hopefull of great things from AJ - only time will tell....

What are your thoughts - 5 or 6?

Fosco33:

I've been actually thinking that Hawk may want - only a four year deal with his option for a fifth.

Fosco33
07-28-2006, 12:48 PM
It not even the years that are the problem right now, it is figuring out all the incentives and benchmarks. Hawk is a linebacker and it is a bit tricky to determine incentives for that position since the league does not have tackles as an offical stat. To hard to keep track of.

I still say it is going to be a six year deal with the last year going to be an option.

Dumb question. Is there a difference b/w signing a contract, agreeing in principle and agreeing to terms? I've always heard all three used but never really paid attention or looked into the differences.

Could Hawk agree in principle and work on those details (incentives, etc.) to get into camp today?

pittstang5
07-28-2006, 12:58 PM
I'm getting antsy now. What's the hold up? Get it done....get it done now! And Hodge too.

SudsMcBucky
07-28-2006, 01:28 PM
I don't even know why management would quibble about a 5 or 6 year deal. Everyone seems to want to renegotiate after 2 or 3, anyway! Hopefully AJ won't be one of those.

gbpackfan
07-28-2006, 01:30 PM
I would LOVE to see Hawk sign a 6 year deal. However, I believe it will be 5. I doubt it will be a 4 year deal. It seems a lot of these first round guys are signing 5 year deals. And from everything I have heard about Hawk, he would love to stay in GB for at least 5 years and will not push for a 4 year deal. I hope he is on the field tonight! Come on guys, GET IT DONE!

woodbuck27
07-28-2006, 02:02 PM
I'm getting antsy now. What's the hold up? Get it done....get it done now! And Hodge too.

BIG TIME !

Something will come in today on that, I'm expecting.

I agree with Fosco33. Get the Contract done in principle and " all the bells and whistles " come later. We need those fellas at the start of TC.

I believe. :mrgreen: