PDA

View Full Version : Defensive Line

Partial
12-02-2009, 02:18 PM
In the off-season, my number one beef with the Pack was the lack of depth on the DL. So far I've been proven to look like a chump as they've played very well, in fact great and stayed healthy

With the Raji injury, I thought they were screwed with three men and a Mike Montgomery.

I'm a little worried about the DL starting to wear down now that we're into the dog days of the season, but thus far have been shown that there is very little reason to worry.

Just giving kudos to a group I feel is performing very well and better than expected. Their play has really set the tone and set the D up for success.

Smidgeon
12-02-2009, 02:33 PM
With the Raji injury, I thought they were screwed with three men and a Mike Montgomery.

So on what team does Montgomery find himself next year?

pack4to84
12-02-2009, 02:36 PM

So on what team does Montgomery find himself next year?Bears after they fire their coach and hire Bill who will then switch to 3-4. After that they would need some DE who played under 3-4. AKA Montgomery perfect fit.

boiga
12-02-2009, 06:46 PM
Agreed. I've been extremely impressed by the group.

-Jolly has upped his game considerably.
-Cullen has finally become the playmaker all the announcers predicted of him.
-Raji is coming on strong exactly during the time of the year when we'll need a well rested D-line rotation the most.
-Pickett hasn't lost anything as a plug in the middle.

They've been the biggest reason for our increased defensive production this year IMO.

3irty1
12-02-2009, 06:50 PM
Montgomery should find himself on this team next season. IMO he's a much better fit at 3-4 DE than 4-3 DE.

packer4life
12-02-2009, 07:25 PM

-Raji is coming on strong exactly during the time of the year when we'll need a well rested D-line rotation the most.

They've been the biggest reason for our increased defensive production this year IMO.

I agree with the sentiment in this room, the DL is playing much better than I would have ever expected. A question, though. Cullen a playmaker? I know he hogs up double-teams, but I felt like his presence was felt more last year in the 4-3 before he got hurt. I could be wrong, please enlighten me on his play this year in a new position

ND72
12-02-2009, 09:47 PM

I agree with the sentiment in this room, the DL is playing much better than I would have ever expected. A question, though. Cullen a playmaker? I know he hogs up double-teams, but I felt like his presence was felt more last year in the 4-3 before he got hurt. I could be wrong, please enlighten me on his play this year in a new position

Jenkins has been just as much a playmaker this year as he had in past years. He has basically been exactly what I had hoped. Teams have to be accountable for him, especially on passing downs, which has left a Tackle alone on Matthews, who has shown to be very quick off the corner.

Fritz
12-03-2009, 12:05 PM
This could be a lesson entitled "How to Work Around a Busted #1 Pick."

Personally, I still have hope that Harrell will come back and play next year. That would be huge - he's had two seasons to rehab and rest that back. Wouldn't that be huge if he came back and could play to the level or near the level they've projected? Apparently he's a nice fit, size wise, as a 3-4 end.

But then again, I still have hope that Drew Barrymore will call me up and ask me out.

MichiganPackerFan
12-03-2009, 12:34 PM
But then again, I still have hope that Drew Barrymore will call me up and ask me out.

You'd have better odds with Drew Carey.

http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/2226856/drew-carey-main_Full.jpg

mraynrand
12-03-2009, 12:38 PM

The problem is you are a better talker than listener. But, the number is still the same, and you're still on the other end. Play some Paul McCartney music and maybe you'll have a chance. Also try: "Are you talking to me?"

Fritz
12-04-2009, 01:18 PM
What? What'd you say?

get louder at lambeau
12-04-2009, 01:25 PM

This could be absolutely key going forward. Both 1st round picks look really good, and both got rested early in the year due to injury, so they may avoid the rookie wall and help the Packers win in the playoffs.

mraynrand
12-04-2009, 01:38 PM
What? What'd you say?

http://liveforfilms.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/everybodys_fine.jpg