PDA

View Full Version : Marc Trestman - HC of the Grey Cup Champ Montreal Alouettes

woodbuck27
12-03-2009, 04:57 PM
Getting to know future and talented coaching prospects for the NFL.

Marc Trestman committed yesterday to fulfill his three year contract with the Montreal Alouettes after the huge celebration parade in Montreal following the thrilling come from behind win for the Al's over the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2009-11-29/montreal-alouettes-win-grey-cup

I believe that. This man will one day be a fine NFL Head coach:

http://en.montrealalouettes.com/page/marc-trestman

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Trestman

CaliforniaCheez
12-03-2009, 05:07 PM
I would never crap on the CFL, but Marc Trestman's multiple failures at the NFL landed him in the CFL.

woodbuck27
12-03-2009, 05:11 PM
With the score Sasketchewan 27 - Montreal 11 and less that 11 minutes left in the fourth quarter. The Montreal Alouettes staged a remarkable comeback. With 6 seconds on the clock kicker Damon Duvall missed a 43 yard FG only to get a second chance with Sasketchewan called for too many men on the field (13 men).

Damon Duval made no mistake on the kick from 33 yards and no time remaining on the clock generating a 28-27 victory for the Montreal Alouettes.

After the remarkable comeback. The Alouettes were treated to a huge parade and celebration yesterday in Montreal. It was estimated that some 3 hundred thousand fans attended the celebration party. It was given full coverage on the local CTV television station so I was able to enjoy it. It was very impressive, as is Marc Trestman, the head coach of the Montreal Alouettes.

I'd love to see Marc Trestman raise some interest in Green Bay and become our next head coach. This man is special.

GO PACK GO!

CaliforniaCheez
12-03-2009, 05:22 PM
I saw him as offensive coordinator for the 49'ers.

He better have gotten a lot smarter since then. The guy was never a successful coordinator at the NFL level. I would not risk him with the Packers.

woodbuck27
12-03-2009, 05:28 PM
I would never crap on the CFL, but Marc Trestman's multiple failures at the NFL landed him in the CFL.

Did you read the entirety of my post before you came up with your '' Marc Trestman was a failure in the NFL '' assessment CaliforniaCheez ?

Marc Trestman is and has been, given all circumstances, an overall success in and outside of the NFL.

Read this carefully please:

http://en.montrealalouettes.com/page/marc-trestman

CaliforniaCheez
12-03-2009, 05:38 PM
One game makes the guy great?

Go ahead and be enthused.
I'm not.

woodbuck27
12-03-2009, 05:39 PM

He better have gotten a lot smarter since then. The guy was never a successful coordinator at the NFL level. I would not risk him with the Packers.

Excuse me but this would contradict you.

In January 1995, after three years away from the NFL, Trestman was hired by the then Super Bowl Champion coach, George Seifert, to become San Francisco 49ers’ offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach.

Seifert asked Trestman to forget everything he knew about the game and learn the “West Coast” offence made famous by the 49ers, and to teach it as Mike Holmgren, Mike Shanahan and Bill Walsh had done before him.

** In Trestman’s first season with the then defending Super Bowl champions, the 49ers were ranked first in the NFL with 457 points scored, 644 pass attempts and 4,779 passing yards.

** They also ranked second with 391.1 total yards per game. Legendary wide receiver Jerry Rice set an NFL record that still stands with 1,848 yards receiving on 122 catches, scoring 15 touchdowns along the way. Hall of Fame quarterback Steve Young made the Pro Bowl after throwing for 3,200 yards and 20 touchdowns.

** In 1996, the San Francisco offence finished second in passing and sixth overall. The 49ers won 12 regular season games and Young once again had a Pro Bowl season, leading the league in passing efficiency. Rice had 108 catches en route to yet another trip to Hawaii as well.

Comment based on the above:

I believe the above states just how very successful Marc Trestman was with the San Francisco 49ers CaliforniaCheez.

woodbuck27
12-03-2009, 05:45 PM
One game makes the guy great?

Go ahead and be enthused.
I'm not.

Are you grouchy today? :D

I never said Marc Trestman ''is great'' CaliforniaCheez. I'm more than just enthused over Marc Trestman observing his hard work, progress, results and outstanding respect by other coachs and management, players,media and fans in Montreal.

sharpe1027
12-03-2009, 05:47 PM
I particularly like how the bio touts how great job he did in San Fran as O coordinator, yet somehow he ends up taking a demotion to QB coach for Detroit.

Too funny. :lol:

Woody, I am not convinced. :wink:

woodbuck27
12-03-2009, 06:27 PM
I particularly like how the bio touts how great job he did in San Fran as O coordinator, yet somehow he ends up taking a demotion to QB coach for Detroit.

Too funny. :lol:

Woody, I am not convinced. :wink:

sharpe1027 . Was Marc Trestman a failure in Detroit? Hardly.

Bobby Ross hired Trestman to be the Detroit Lions quarterbacks coach in 1997. With Scott Mitchell at quarterback, the Lions passed for 3,484 yards that season, good for second most in team history.

Tailback Barry Sanders rushed for 2,053 yards, the third highest total in NFL history.

I'm here to inform you. Since he came up here he's been nothing but golden. He's hard working and always on the ball with his openness and rapport with the players and press.

He's taken his team to two league championships and won the Grey Cup this season. He led the Alouettes to the finest regular season in their entire history. Two weeks ago the rumors were flying that Marc Trestman was a candidate to be the HC of either Oakland or Buffalo.

Marc Trestman is an honorable and respectful man up here and a fine football coach. His resume reflects 'just that fact'. He's not available by all reports for the NFL in 2010. Trestman will be HC again in Montreal honoring his contract and try to lead the Alouettes to back to back Grey Cups.

mraynrand
12-03-2009, 07:44 PM

Excuse me but this would contradict you.

In January 1995, after three years away from the NFL, Trestman was hired by the then Super Bowl Champion coach, George Seifert, to become San Francisco 49ers’ offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach.

Seifert asked Trestman to forget everything he knew about the game and learn the “West Coast” offence made famous by the 49ers, and to teach it as Mike Holmgren, Mike Shanahan and Bill Walsh had done before him.

** In Trestman’s first season with the then defending Super Bowl champions, the 49ers were ranked first in the NFL with 457 points scored, 644 pass attempts and 4,779 passing yards.

** They also ranked second with 391.1 total yards per game. Legendary wide receiver Jerry Rice set an NFL record that still stands with 1,848 yards receiving on 122 catches, scoring 15 touchdowns along the way. Hall of Fame quarterback Steve Young made the Pro Bowl after throwing for 3,200 yards and 20 touchdowns.

** In 1996, the San Francisco offence finished second in passing and sixth overall. The 49ers won 12 regular season games and Young once again had a Pro Bowl season, leading the league in passing efficiency. Rice had 108 catches en route to yet another trip to Hawaii as well.

Comment based on the above:

I believe the above states just how very successful Marc Trestman was with the San Francisco 49ers CaliforniaCheez.

Fritz Shurmur ATE Marc Trestman's lunch - again and again.

"It was very tasty," said Fritz

http://www.packers.com/rotate/images/fritz_sb.jpeg

MJZiggy
12-03-2009, 08:00 PM
How did he wind up getting hired as SF's OC and then just two years later QB coach for Detroit? What happened?

digitaldean
12-03-2009, 08:15 PM
Woody,

I just caught the last 6-7 plays of the Grey Cup on justin.tv

Sask. had the game won. Even when Montreal rushed to get that FG kicked, the only thing that kept them from victory was the too many men on the field penalty.

Wasn't sure if it was the owner or one of the coaches in the Sask. press box but he pounded the table after that penalty. Pure heartbreak for the RoughRiders fans.

Tyrone Bigguns
12-03-2009, 08:49 PM
comment deleted. Admin....

Sparkey
12-04-2009, 08:47 AM

and it begins.......................

woodbuck27
12-04-2009, 09:58 AM
Woody,

I just caught the last 6-7 plays of the Grey Cup on justin.tv

Sask. had the game won. Even when Montreal rushed to get that FG kicked, the only thing that kept them from victory was the too many men on the field penalty.

Wasn't sure if it was the owner or one of the coaches in the Sask. press box but he pounded the table after that penalty. Pure heartbreak for the RoughRiders fans.

This exciting Grey Cup finish wes watched by a record audience digitaldean.

No doubt about that loss and heartbreak for the Roughriders. Here is a fact I became aware of recently. 47% of CFL games are won in the last three minutes. The Alouettes had a huge comeback but news from the dressing room at half time left the players with a resolve to get that game back. All season the Montreal Alouettes worked hard and dominated. They had their best record in franchise history (15-3) and hadn't won a Grey Cup since 2002 losing last season 22-14 to the Calgary Stampeders and also suffered loss's in 2003, 2005 and 2006.

** Montreal scored 17 unanswered points over the game’s final 10 minutes for a 28-27 come-from-behind victory over the Roughriders. It marked the Als’ first Cup since 2002 and sixth in franchise history.

Head Coach Marc Trestman, the man who has brought a calming influence to this team for the last two years despite arriving with no head coaching or CFL experience, didn’t hesitate or waver in discussing his future.

“Yes sir,” he said. “I plan on coming back next year.”

Trestman has recently been listed as a potential head coaching candidate with the Buffalo Bills, and last winter his name was linked to the Oakland Raiders. As more and more NFL coaches begin to get fired — something that’s inevitable — it’s imagined the rumour mill will begin churning Trestman’s name out with some regularity. And it’s hard to believe NCAA Division I programs haven’t taken notice of his success.

Trestman remains under contract to the Als for another season, and the Montreal Gazette reported last week the organization has started discussing a contract extension. But it’s difficult to speculate whether Trestman plans on being here for an extended period or whether he’ll use the CFL as a stepping stone to return to the more-prestigious and higher-paying NFL.

woodbuck27
12-04-2009, 10:02 AM
How did he wind up getting hired as SF's OC and then just two years later QB coach for Detroit? What happened?

There is an opportunity for you tro do some research MJ. :D

That is an excellent question.

woodbuck27
12-04-2009, 10:08 AM

Can I post on this board Tyrone without attacks from you?

Do you have to be censored like some sociopathic adolescent?

ThunderDan
12-04-2009, 10:12 AM

How is this exceptable?

If we are censoring some how do we not censor all?

This can't go on.

mraynrand
12-04-2009, 10:21 AM

How is this acceptable?

This can't go on.

Text spell-checked by administrator

ThunderDan
12-04-2009, 10:24 AM

How is this acceptable?

This can't go on.

Text spell-checked by administrator

:lol: :lol:

woodbuck27
12-04-2009, 10:54 AM

How is this exceptable?

This can't go on.

Do you not know how this works ThunderDan? I'm sure you do but in any case here is my take.

If a poster like Tyrone Bigguns posts something of an attacking and an inflamatory nature. The attacked poster responds defensively and may even demonstrate an antagonized state. A war of words begins and we have people who are prominant posters here that just love the issues that come arise from such encounters.

Then there are other posters here that can't stand that crap and will not visit Packerrats as often as they might. If people who post here would post without attack or insult. The overall affect of allowing posters to bully others is a decline in quality posts and threads and articles as a result.

So we have an issue. It appears to me that the too many Favre threads issue is being handled. It all goes in one thread. That is intended as a best case scenario to make everyone happy short of banning any mention of Brett Favre. There are some here that might actually take that issue that far.

So with regard to attacks. How does the Administrator handle it? I would add. With the damned if he does - damned if he doesn't poker in place, as well. Well he does his best to remove the burr from the assault. He censors the post. He ( the Administrator ) could resort to banning the poster who persists in attacking anyone or others. Instead he bends over backwards and deals with the constant pressure of a poster ( to a few ) that potentially are ' those bad apples '.

If the Administrator stops the censor? What then is your best alternative approach to a reasonable ' SOCIAL PEACE ' at Packerrats?

Administrator
12-04-2009, 11:02 AM
Woodbuck - I had dealt with this. Stirring it up further served no purpose at all.

thread closed.