PDA

View Full Version : A different perspective

MJZiggy
12-03-2009, 06:21 PM
Here is the take of a writer from Baltimore on this week's game...

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bal-sp.cowherd03dec03,0,2810342,full.column

He may be forgetting that the last time the Packers were in Balto it was just as cold (I was there and it took months to grow my ass back after it froze off).

get louder at lambeau
12-03-2009, 06:26 PM
They have a poll on the side of that article- "Poll: Better defense — Ravens or Packers? The Green Bay Packers are ranked No. 1 in the NFL in total defense. The Ravens are 10th. Which defense do you think is better?"

The Packers are winning, even in a Baltimore newspaper. :cow:

Freak Out
12-03-2009, 06:41 PM
The Ravens have three very good running backs and a pretty formidable defense....even with Suggs being out. This is going to be a hard fought game and the Packers are going to have to play tough disciplined football to come out on top.

woodbuck27
12-03-2009, 07:14 PM
They have a poll on the side of that article- "Poll: Better defense — Ravens or Packers? The Green Bay Packers are ranked No. 1 in the NFL in total defense. The Ravens are 10th. Which defense do you think is better?"

The Packers are winning, even in a Baltimore newspaper. :cow:

Scoring or Points allowed:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&role=OPP&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=SCORING&season=2009&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=true&Submit=Go

Total yards allowed:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&role=OPP&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=TOTAL_YARDS&season=2009&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=true&Submit=Go

Game Stat's:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&role=OPP&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&season=2009&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=true&Submit=Go

MichiganPackerFan
12-03-2009, 07:16 PM
Good read - thanks!

Fritz
12-03-2009, 07:16 PM
Here's what seems an odd line to me from Vandermause, commenting on how well Clay Matthews has played and how Thompson acquired him:

"Let that be a lesson to Ted Thompson that it's OK to trade up in the draft."

Why would Ted Thompson need a lesson that it's okay to trade up if he'd already done it with the very example Vandermause uses?

Is this Wonderland or something?

hoosier
12-03-2009, 07:24 PM
Here's what seems an odd line to me from Vandermause, commenting on how well Clay Matthews has played and how Thompson acquired him:

Why would Ted Thompson need a lesson that it's okay to trade up if he'd already done it with the very example Vandermause uses?

Let that be a lesson to you not to take at face value everything Vandermause writes.

PlantPage55
12-03-2009, 07:39 PM

God damn, our beat writers must all get hired from the Twilight Zone. What a bunch of negative, vindictive little fucks.

HarveyWallbangers
12-03-2009, 08:29 PM
Nice!

Tony Moll, the backup offensive lineman the Ravens signed in September, spent three seasons playing at Lambeau with the Packers.

He loved the fact that the Packers were owned by the citizens of Green Bay, the only community-owned team in all the major professional sports.

And he came to appreciate the tremendous pride the town took in Lambeau Field.

Partly because, well, there aren't a whole lot of other places in Green Bay that get your heart thumping.

"The people volunteer there on days when it snows!" Moll said, his voice full of wonder. "They come in and shovel the stadium out. Where else do people do that?

"The tradition that they have there, the numerous championships over the years ... what better place to play on a cold wintry day? Or on 'Monday Night Football'?"

Tyrone Bigguns
12-03-2009, 08:41 PM

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bal-sp.cowherd03dec03,0,2810342,full.column

He may be forgetting that the last time the Packers were in Balto it was just as cold (I was there and it took months to grow my ass back after it froze off).

that explains why you have no outfits that make you ass look fat!

Partial
12-03-2009, 11:43 PM
Nice!

Tony Moll, the backup offensive lineman the Ravens signed in September, spent three seasons playing at Lambeau with the Packers.

He loved the fact that the Packers were owned by the citizens of Green Bay, the only community-owned team in all the major professional sports.

And he came to appreciate the tremendous pride the town took in Lambeau Field.

Partly because, well, there aren't a whole lot of other places in Green Bay that get your heart thumping.

"The people volunteer there on days when it snows!" Moll said, his voice full of wonder. "They come in and shovel the stadium out. Where else do people do that?

"The tradition that they have there, the numerous championships over the years ... what better place to play on a cold wintry day? Or on 'Monday Night Football'?"

Good post. Love the attitude of Moll.

Sparkey
12-04-2009, 08:34 AM

If so, who is playing John Holmes ?

sheepshead
12-04-2009, 09:17 AM

Positively charming visualization, I'm sure the entire PackerRat group joins me in thanking you for this stomach turning image.

Zool
12-04-2009, 10:08 AM

And this is why I don't bother to read any of these guys anymore. If he traded up and Matthews sucked they would be up in arms about giving up so much to get him.

Fritz
12-04-2009, 01:11 PM
To be fair, Vandermause gives kudos to TT and MM for not stoking the BF fires by talking much or criticizing BF.

My point was specific to this quote. It seems just, well, weird. Nonsensical.