PDA

View Full Version : Official Packers will win the division thread!

channtheman
12-07-2009, 01:00 AM
Here is what it will take for the Packers to win the division. They will basically HAVE to win out.

The Packers remaining schedule

Baltimore
@ Chicago
@ Pittsburgh
Seattle
@ Arizona

The next three games are tough but I can see them winning those. Seattle at home is a win and the final game against Arizona could go either way, but if we go into that on a 7 game win streak, I guarantee we also win that game.

The Vikings remaining schedule

Cincinnatti
@ Carolina
@ Chicago
New York Giants

The Vikes next game is no gimme, at Carolina could go either way, and at Chicago I think is 60/40 in the Bears favor. New York could be playing for a playoff spot or a shot at the playoffs in their last game. That will be a tough one. Favre looked good throwing 2 interceptions tonight with a couple more that should have been picked off. All of a sudden when the Vikes defense doesn't look good and the Vikes running game doesn't work, oh Favre doesn't look good either. I honestly did not see him going into a late season dive, but here we are with 5 games left and he looked like shit in the first of five. We'll see how the rest of the season goes.

EDIT: Huh, in my excitement for knowing this will happen I actually forgot to say what has to happen. The Packers need to win out and finish 12-4. This will happen. Now the Vikes have to lose 3 more games this year and I can see that happening. Especially if Favre starts to think he has to do it all. The only way the Pack can win the division if they lose one game is for the Vikes to lose out, I don't see them losing all of their games, but I wouldn't rule it out completely if Favre starts throwing INT's again.

Anyway, this thread is for Packer homers such as myself to think of the possibilities of the Packers taking the division at 12-4 this year. I will bump this thread as the Packers come closer and closer to winning it. With the Vikings loss, half of phase 1 is complete. When the Packers have no chance of winning the division, I will cease the bumpage, but until then get used to seeing this thread!

GO PACK GO!

HarveyWallbangers
12-07-2009, 01:14 AM
Not going to happen. We would have to win all 5 and the Vikes would have to lose 3 of 4. Neither is likely to happen. How about we worry about beating Baltimore, so we can solidify our Wild Card positioning.

bobblehead
12-07-2009, 02:00 AM
I likes me a good gulp of the kool aid, but I'm with harv...lets crush baltimore and make a statement for our D to deserve the #1 ranking. I'll worry about the playoffs after the season, and worry about getting into them now.

channtheman
12-07-2009, 02:26 AM
Man you guys are lame. :D

I don't play for the Packers, I can look ahead as far as I want! Will this happen, not likely. Can it happen, yes. And that's all this thread is for. So lets just hope the Pack win tonight against the Ravens and we'll see what happens. Can phase 1 of the division race become complete after tonight? I sure hope so.

Lurker64
12-07-2009, 03:38 AM
I think the Packers could be able to take care of their part of the equation, but looking at the other guys it's hard to see it happening. Though I expect a Vikes loss to Cincinnati as the Bengals are probably the most physical team in the league on both sides of the ball and the Vikes are a little dinged up along the OL, in the secondary, and at LB; but both Carolina and Chicago are pretty bad teams this year and won't be playing for anything other than pride. The defensive weakness of the Vikings is their pass D, and Carolina is primarily a running team and their QB is terrible, though Steve Smith can do special things. The Bears game could very well be a loss for the Vikings as the old man historically hasn't played that well outdoors, in cold weather recently (let's hope for a repeat of his 2007 performance at Chicago). The Giants? Who knows if that game is meaningful for either team at that point.

So let's beat the Ravens and the Bears and see if the purple can answer the "Who Dey?" call, and then I may be on this bandwagon.

channtheman
12-07-2009, 03:43 AM
I think the Packers could be able to take care of their part of the equation, but looking at the other guys it's hard to see it happening. Though I expect a Vikes loss to Cincinnati as the Bengals are probably the most physical team in the league on both sides of the ball and the Vikes are a little dinged up along the OL, in the secondary, and at LB; but both Carolina and Chicago are pretty bad teams this year and won't be playing for anything other than pride. The defensive weakness of the Vikings is their pass D, and Carolina is primarily a running team and their QB is terrible, though Steve Smith can do special things. The Bears game could very well be a loss for the Vikings as the old man historically hasn't played that well outdoors, in cold weather recently (let's hope for a repeat of his 2007 performance at Chicago). The Giants? Who knows if that game is meaningful for either team at that point.

So let's beat the Ravens and the Bears and see if the purple can answer the "Who Dey?" call, and then I may be on this bandwagon.

Thats a little bit more like it. Is it likely to happen, no. But it certainly is possible! Let's get a win tonight on MNF against the Ravens and see what happens! WOOOOO!

sheepshead
12-07-2009, 05:11 AM
Man you guys are lame. :D

I don't play for the Packers, I can look ahead as far as I want! Will this happen, not likely. Can it happen, yes. And that's all this thread is for. So lets just hope the Pack win tonight against the Ravens and we'll see what happens. Can phase 1 of the division race become complete after tonight? I sure hope so.

HAAA exactly....

pbmax
12-07-2009, 07:09 AM
As the guy who predicted 12-3-1, I see no reason this is not possible. :lol:

RashanGary
12-07-2009, 08:04 AM
Haha. . .

Probably not going to happen, but it's too bad we had to play them twice so early in the season. I think if we played them now or in a week or two, it would be a better fight and we really could win the division.

The bright side of playing them early is that we had a stubborn coaching staff (mostly MM) and the early hot seat forced him out of his stubborn ways.

mission
12-07-2009, 09:49 AM
I just don't want:

1) The Vikings to win the Super Bowl
2) Brett Favre to win the MVP
3) The Vikings to go to the Super Bowl

... in that order.

If Brett can take care of that for me -- as it's looking -- then maybe I'll like him again (10 years form now)

gbgary
12-07-2009, 10:58 AM
win the division...ain't happenin'!

ThunderDan
12-07-2009, 11:03 AM
win the division...ain't happenin'!

That's the line that everyone was using in the 10-6 thread!! :lol: :lol:

sheepshead
12-07-2009, 11:14 AM
Vikings looked terrible against the 17th ranked defense in the league. There's some hope in Packerland.

channtheman
12-07-2009, 11:19 AM
This is not a good game for GB Packers; matchup is good on paper but man to man the Cowboys will wear down Packers with size & strength.

Cowboys 34 Packers 18

:cow:

Yeah I don't think so. Packers owned TOP today and dominated on defense.

Cowboys 24, Packers 17

We can hold them on defense...but we'll watch Rodgers get sacked about 12 more times.

Yeah I'll say we hold them on defense. Ohhhhh you still had us losing. Weak.

Cowboys 38
Packers 10

Pathetic.

I hate having to predict this!

Cowpies 34
Rudderless Packers 20 :cry:

You should cry after failing like that.

Cowtits 31
Sackers 17

Lame.

Cowboys 27
Packers 13

This shit is starting to piss me off.

stay off the freeways until both of you sober up! :lol:

Cowboys 24
Packers 21

Closer than you might think, but just not quite there yet. True to form the past couple of years, I do expect their play to improve as the season rolls along.

Even in 2007, their play in the first 8 games stunk, but they managed to win. You don't strike lightning twice... I have no idea what to make of this team. Right now, they just aren't very good.

Good enough to beat the Coyboys I guess.

Cowboys - 37
Sackers - 10

Edit: sorry Brando19 just saw your post, didn't mean i steal "sackers." lol

Who gives a shit about the "sackers"? That pick sucks!

Cowmen- 26
ButtPack- 17

Yeah, no.

But for the first time in a long time, I am going against the Pack. They really disappointed me last week and have plugged my well of eternal optimism.

Cowboys 38
Packers 27

Going against the Pack? Did I hear you right?

A lot of you said it was not possible for us to beat the Cowboys. If any of you are above, please refrain from visiting this thread until you can eat your crow and love it to. :P

ThunderDan
12-07-2009, 11:29 AM
This is not a good game for GB Packers; matchup is good on paper but man to man the Cowboys will wear down Packers with size & strength.

Cowboys 34 Packers 18

Cowboys 24, Packers 17

We can hold them on defense...but we'll watch Rodgers get sacked about 12 more times.

Cowboys 38
Packers 10

Pathetic.

Cowpies 34

Cowtits 31
Sackers 17

Lame.

Cowboys 27
Packers 13

Cowboys 24
Packers 21

Closer than you might think, but just not quite there yet. True to form the past couple of years, I do expect their play to improve as the season rolls along.

Even in 2007, their play in the first 8 games stunk, but they managed to win. You don't strike lightning twice... I have no idea what to make of this team. Right now, they just aren't very good.

Cowboys - 37
Sackers - 10

Cowmen- 26
ButtPack- 17

Yeah, no.

But for the first time in a long time, I am going against the Pack. They really disappointed me last week and have plugged my well of eternal optimism.

Cowboys 38
Packers 27

A lot of you said it was not possible for us to beat the Cowboys. If any of you are above, please refrain from visiting this thread until you can eat your crow and love it to. :P

I am glad I didn't put my negativity in that thread. I desided not to post if I would pick the Cowpukes.

Great game to be at Lambeau Field!!! Most of the action was at the north endzone. :( Except the Woodson pick! :D

RashanGary
12-07-2009, 11:38 AM
AP, Jared Allen, Williams Wall, Vikes ST's and Favre playing within himself and to the strengths of their offense.

The odds of them losing 3 of 4 is slim.

Ravens, Cardinals, Steelers, (Bears on road), Seahawks

I have a hard time imagining us winning all of these games.

It could happen, but both things that have to happen seem like long shots. Anything can and does happen in teh NFL, but I"d have to have pretty good odds if I were to bet on the Packers winning teh division right now. Maybe 60:1 or so.

Guiness
12-07-2009, 11:53 AM
Sign me up for the improbable thread, but...

Not like the Vikings are not known for late season swoons. And lately, Brett has been as well. What year was it that they started the season 6-0 and we took the division?

After a remarkably uninjured run, they're banged up, and heading into a tough stretch of games. Arizona (???) run D showed last night that AP is human, and everybody in the league is going to be looking at THAT tape.

I say they lose out, so let's take care of business!!!!! :P

mission
12-07-2009, 12:02 PM
I love chann's enthusiasm! :D

Airin' Rodgers
12-07-2009, 12:09 PM
I'm on the bandwagon. Improbable but not impossible. Let's win tonight against Baltimore first though

channtheman
12-07-2009, 12:18 PM
I'm on the bandwagon. Improbable but not impossible. Let's win tonight against Baltimore first though

Exactly. We do need to take care of our business. After tonight will we be one step closer, or will the Packers have killed my enthusiasm after just one week? Stay tuned folks!

PlantPage55
12-07-2009, 12:19 PM
Even more improbable than the last time the Cardinals helped us into the playoffs over the Vikes.

But hey, crazy shit happens all the time. :lol:

TennesseePackerBacker
12-07-2009, 12:50 PM
My fandom will not allow me to predict a loss.

Green Bay 2
Cowgirls 1

Granted that was no convincing win prediction by me, but I knew the Packers had it in them(conviently I did bet the spread @ +5.5). I'm just going to reiterate what everyone else has said. Yes I believe the Packers have it in them to win out, and even WILL go on a nice run to end the season. And yes, I do believe the Vikings will lose another 2 games. But, I just don't see the perfect storm of events happening that it will take for us to win the division.

If we win the next two and the Vikings lose to Cincy then yes, I too will be on the division bandwagon. I am no hypocrit, I admit, after the 49'ers game I told one of my fellow Packer friends there was no way in hell we would win the division, but that we would take a wild card birth. If we take the division I will eat some sweet tasting crow.

bobblehead
12-07-2009, 01:13 PM
I'll be happy enough if we go into the playoffs hot and confident and the queens limp in cold and depressed, then if we do meet them we can punk them in front of all 18 of their diehard fans.

denverYooper
12-07-2009, 02:10 PM
They have the guys.

Do they have the guts?

BlueBrewer
12-07-2009, 02:18 PM
I just don't want:

... in that order.

If Brett can take care of that for me -- as it's looking -- then maybe I'll like him again (10 years form now)

I could not have said it better myself. I have the same thoughts on the subject, go Saints because we are unlikely to get it done. I would much rather hear about an undefeated Saints season than the reemergence of Favre.

Brando19
12-07-2009, 03:31 PM

Cowboys 34 Packers 18

Cowboys 24, Packers 17

Cowboys 38
Packers 10

Pathetic.

Cowpies 34

Cowtits 31
Sackers 17

Lame.

Cowboys 27
Packers 13

Cowboys 24
Packers 21

Cowboys - 37
Sackers - 10

Cowmen- 26
ButtPack- 17

Yeah, no.

Cowboys 38
Packers 27

"Channtheman calling me out in a different thread."

douche

channtheman
12-07-2009, 11:17 PM
Phase 1 is complete! Next week look forward to the Vikings faltering at home to the Bengals and watch the Pack kill the Bears. See ya next week.

channtheman
12-09-2009, 12:10 AM

Cowboys 34 Packers 18

Cowboys 24, Packers 17

Cowboys 38
Packers 10

Pathetic.

Cowpies 34

Cowtits 31
Sackers 17

Lame.

Cowboys 27
Packers 13

Cowboys 24
Packers 21

Cowboys - 37
Sackers - 10

Cowmen- 26
ButtPack- 17

Yeah, no.

Cowboys 38
Packers 27

"Channtheman calling me out in a different thread."

douche

I think this is sarcasm, but if not I didn't mean to offend you. Those were just comments I made after the Cowboys game that I thought were fitting for this thread.

Lurker64
12-09-2009, 12:54 AM
I just don't want:

... in that order.

I definitely agree with you on #1 and #2, but if the Vikings go to the Superbowl and they lose a game in which the old man throws 7 INTs and completes less than half of his passes, that wouldn't be so bad.

mission
12-09-2009, 09:38 AM
I just don't want:

... in that order.

I definitely agree with you on #1 and #2, but if the Vikings go to the Superbowl and they lose a game in which the old man throws 7 INTs and completes less than half of his passes, that wouldn't be so bad.

That's true... could live with that!

Although I wouldn't mind 7 INTs against us or the Saints in the NFCCG either :P

channtheman
12-13-2009, 05:20 PM
Well the Packers won their game today, but so did the Vikings. I was really banking on the Vikings tanking after losing to AZ last week. It's still possible for the Packers to win the division. All that has to happen is we need to win out and they need to lose out!

MOBB DEEP
12-13-2009, 07:52 PM
Well the Packers won their game today, but so did the Vikings. I was really banking on the Vikings tanking after losing to AZ last week. It's still possible for the Packers to win the division. All that has to happen is we need to win out and they need to lose out!

really now...

channtheman
12-14-2009, 03:12 AM

really now...

Clearly you do not understand this thread's point.

steve823
12-14-2009, 03:52 AM

really now...

Clearly you do not understand this thread's point.

Hes a vikings fan deep down

Fosco33
12-20-2009, 07:28 PM
Guess not...

channtheman
12-20-2009, 10:30 PM
Guess not...

We are a missed holding call away from still being able to win the division. Damn refs. Oh well.