PDA

View Full Version : Mike McCarthy's Packer Teams by Quarters

Lurker64
12-07-2009, 11:32 PM
Breaking the season into 4 game quarters, we see that McCarthy's teams have done the following:

2006:
1st Quarter: 1-3
2nd Quarter: 2-2
3rd Quarter: 1-3
4th Quarter: 4-0

Final: 8-8

2007:
1st Quarter: 4-0
2nd Quarter: 3-1
3rd Quarter: 3-1
4th Quarter: 3-1

Final: 13-3

2008:
1st Quarter: 2-2
3rd Quarter: 1-3
4th Quarter: 1-3

Final: 6-10

2009:
1st Quarter: 2-2
3rd Quarter: 4-0
4th Quarter: ???

pbmax
12-08-2009, 12:04 AM
8-4 overall in the 4th quarter of the season. Let's hope it holds for the next four weeks.

And his 3rd quarter seems to be the bell weather. in 07 and this year, very good in the 3rd quartile. 06 and 08? He was 2-6.

RashanGary
12-08-2009, 12:29 AM
I like what I've seen from the offense and defense. It's really sad that our ST's is so pathetic because the Packers would be a legit SB contender if they had above average ST's instead of the leagues worst.

I was sitting in indoor club seats for the game tonight. Derrick Martin was jumping around like a raped ape before the big ST's return that they gave up. As soon as the ball was kicked, he ran down there like a screaming banshee, leading the charge like William Wallace in Braveheart.

Then I saw something the camera views on TV never show. I was sitting in the North endzone up in the indoor clubs and I had an aerial shot of the whole play developing. Martin cut out of his lane to avoid a blocker and try to sneak behind to make a star ST's play. Instead, he left his gap, got shoved to the side by the blocker and bam, a huge return broke loose right up his gap.

Very next play his ST's position was moved from right near the kicker to a couple places down.

I'm not sure exactly what is happening on every play, but if tonights horrible play by Marin is an example of what is happening when our ST's fails, someone needs to be fired. Look how quickly Capers installed accountablity. It seems Slocum has none. Good bye.

channtheman
12-08-2009, 12:35 AM
I know the lane assignments on ST are getting blown but why? Are the players just that stupid or is the coach that bad? Also, how fucking hard is it to NOT hit a guy in the back. I bet over half the team has had at least one called on them. Absolutely unacceptable, and yet here we are 3/4 through the season and yet to get it fixed.

pbmax
12-08-2009, 07:28 AM
I know the lane assignments on ST are getting blown but why? Are the players just that stupid or is the coach that bad? Also, how fucking hard is it to NOT hit a guy in the back. I bet over half the team has had at least one called on them. Absolutely unacceptable, and yet here we are 3/4 through the season and yet to get it fixed.
They are breaking them in order to make a play and tackle and then failing to finish the play. But right now, the Packers are so wildly inconsistent that it happens NEARLY every return.

They need to strive for some nice tackles by committee. After a period of success, only a select few should be given the green light to freelance. Sometime next year, maybe.

mraynrand
12-08-2009, 07:45 AM
They are breaking them in order to make a play and tackle and then failing to finish the play. But right now, the Packers are so wildly inconsistent that it happens NEARLY every return.

They need to strive for some nice tackles by committee. After a period of success, only a select few should be given the green light to freelance. Sometime next year, maybe.

Noted that they screwed up on the long return. Every other KO was angled to the corner, but the long return was down the middle. Actually, Crosby has become very skilled at the coffin corner KO. I suspect the coaches are using that to cover flaws in the KO coverage team, but don't like it due to the possibility of a start at the 40 on the OObounds penalty. They are just going to have to keep kicking to the corner. With injuries, you have to move everyone up and you're just going to get inexperienced guys/guys that haven't practiced together as long on 'teams. It's too bad, but that's one area where a young team can come up short. The good news is that the guys that got promoted due to injuries are doing OK (OK, OK, Williams had a rough outing). Keep up the Koffin Korner Kickoffs.

Fritz
12-08-2009, 11:42 AM
"Derrick Martin was jumping around like a raped ape."

-JH

If I were an ape, and I had been raped, I would be crying quietly in a corner, curled into the fetal position, my back to the wall.