PDA

View Full Version : Ray Rice Would Not Recommend Green Bay As Travel Destination

pbmax
12-08-2009, 08:28 AM
Everything about this place is terrible, to be honest with you."

Tip: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/08/ray-rice-doesnt-like-green-bay/

Source: http://onmilwaukee.com/sports/articles/packersbeatbaltimore.html?21072

ND72
12-08-2009, 08:38 AM
Oh Well....

As I've heard from other guys who have come to Green Bay..."It grows on you". Reggie White's Family couldn't believe they were coming to Wisconsin, but come back all the time to this day.

Chuck Woodson said before he came here he never would have came here. His first off season he was nowhere to be found. Now, he's here almost year round, has even mentioned a few times he has found to love it here.

So I really don't care what some 20 some year old Running Back feels about Green Bay.

sheepshead
12-08-2009, 08:41 AM
When all you see is the turf through your facemask it's generally not a pleasant experience.

red
12-08-2009, 08:50 AM
i'm getting kind of tired of this

what exactly does green bay lack? size? thats about it

it has all the same shopping and restaurants as any other city in the country. maybe they only have 1 best buy instead of 20, of well.

i seriously doubt any nfl player is taking in the art and science museums that the big cities have

maybe they don't have all the ganster filled night clubs the bigger cities have, good. nfl players shouldn't be in those places anyways

the area has all the golf and outdoorlife anyone could ever ask for.

my guess is that the young players that don't want to come here are the same ones that aren't "packer people" anyways

the longwell applebees comment is really one of the dumber ones i've ever heard. wisconsin has some of the best places to eat anywhere. you just have to find them. they might look like hell, and you might not pay 100 bucks for a meal, but the food will be just as good if not better then any high priced downtown joint in any city

pbmax
12-08-2009, 08:53 AM
When all you see is the turf through your facemask it's generally not a pleasant experience.
Exactly. Mr. Hot Running Back Property has a case of sour grapes from being knocked around. Good call.

pbmax
12-08-2009, 08:57 AM

it has all the same shopping and restaurants as any other city in the country. maybe they only have 1 best buy instead of 20, of well.

i seriously doubt any nfl player is taking in the art and science museums that the big cities have

maybe they don't have all the ganster filled night clubs the bigger cities have, good. nfl players shouldn't be in those places anyways

my guess is that the young players that don't want to come here are the same ones that aren't "packer people" anyways

the longwell applebees comment is really one of the dumber ones i've ever heard. wisconsin has some of the best places to eat anywhere. you just have to find them. they might look like hell, and you might not pay 100 bucks for a meal, but the food will be just as good if not better then any high priced downtown joint in any city

Its young players and the night life they miss. Plus a larger community of African-Americans. There isn't anything wrong with Green Bay, it just doesn't have everything that might be on their list.

Fosco33
12-08-2009, 12:01 PM
Baltimore - really?

My friend lived there for a few years (and he grew up in Rockford, IL - an upgrade in ghetto-ness). Baltimore is a crime filled population (2/3 are black, 1/3 white - only 600,000 people). I looked - 218 murders in '09 to date. If you did a visual mapping of the murdes - looks like the city has chicken pox. Though this is significantly lower than the record-high 379 homicides in 1993, the homicide rate in Baltimore is nearly seven times the national rate, six times the rate of New York City, and three times the rate of Los Angeles.

http://baltimorecrime.blogspot.com/

Milwaukee - also about 600,000 people had 71 murders in 2008.

They've done wonders in restoring the 'row' houses and moving certain crime elements to one neighborhood. The Harbor is cool and they have a great aquarium. Beyond that - not a place many would chose to live. The folks that live on the outskirts have it nice. They can get to the city or over to DC for work and get outta downtown.

But Mr. Rice - have you been water skiing on a Saturday afternoon on one of the 1000s of lakes in N WI? Ever been to Door County in the Fall? Went camping on Rock Island? Been on a fishing charter in Lake Michigan? Watched your kids build a snow fort or snowman? Tried snowmobiling? Like gambling or strippers or drinking? GB and surrounding area has them all.

RashanGary
12-08-2009, 12:07 PM
GB is almost all white people. If you were the only white person in a restaurant, you might not feel like you fit in or only black person at a school (I've never seen one at my son's elementary school as I live in an all white neighborhood). I think that's a part of it. Our country is still segregated a little. There are still some cultural differences with black families tending to have a certain set of values and experiences that have shaped them and white families having other things shape them. Some of those experiences stay with families and get passed down. Not all experiences in our country are of the "uniting" variety. There's been schism between race for a long time, even though it is getting better every day.

Over time it lessens and lessens, but we're not there yet. I can understand not thinking GB is great and it's more than clubs, nightlife and partying that plays into it. It's being in an environment you're used to, comfortable with. Having yoru family in an environment they're used to, comfortable in. Schools, friends, social life, just normal things.

I think a lot of players find out when they get here that it's pretty cool. They're heros here and their families are really looked up to. That said, I understand some skepticism looking at it from afar.

channtheman
12-08-2009, 12:11 PM
If only Green Bay had more night clubs where he could attempt to shoot himself in the leg. Oh well...

RashanGary
12-08-2009, 12:14 PM
If only Green Bay had more night clubs where he could attempt to shoot himself in the leg. Oh well...

I think it's sort of ignorant to think this is what it's all about. Maybe it came off wrong out of his mouth because he came off a tough loss and it was really not feeling the greatest.

I'll bet if he sat down in a group and talked about just the issue of "Green Bay" the city and really thought about it, you'd probably hear something completely different out of his mouth.

One comment like this is not at all convincing of bad character just as one comment from AR when he was a rookie or one comment from Jermichael Finley as a rookie do not determine their character. Context. It's all about context.

bobblehead
12-08-2009, 12:17 PM
Exactly. Mr. Hot Running Back Property has a case of sour grapes from being knocked around. Good call.

Yea, I got shut down by seymour high school once. Didn't go back to seymour for years....hate the place. Now when I lit up Ashwabanon for 262 yards on their homecoming I loved the place, couldn't wait to go back :P

mraynrand
12-08-2009, 12:20 PM
Its young players and the night life they miss. Plus a larger community of African-Americans. There isn't anything wrong with Green Bay, it just doesn't have everything that might be on their list.

Ding Ding Ding - we have a winner. Good summary. Sheep was right about Mr. Rice too.

Remember when Favre tried to take Corey Williams hunting? Corey no likey. And he was the only guy who Favre could even convince to go at all. Favrey all alonley.

mraynrand
12-08-2009, 12:21 PM

Yea, I got shut down by seymour high school once. Didn't go back to seymour for years....hate the place. Now when I lit up Ashwabanon for 262 yards on their homecoming I loved the place, couldn't wait to go back :P

SIGN HIM UP!!!

bobblehead
12-08-2009, 12:25 PM

SIGN HIM UP!!!

Me or the sehmour defense from the 80's?

cheesner
12-08-2009, 12:55 PM
. . . . wisconsin has some of the best places to eat anywhere. you just have to find them. they might look like hell, and you might not pay 100 bucks for a meal, but the food will be just as good if not better then any high priced downtown joint in any city

Sorry Red. I am originally from Appleton and have spent much time in GB and have eaten at many restaurants there. I have also lived in a bunch of other cities.

I love Green Bay for many reasons and Wisconsin also - but the restaurants are not one of them. I am a bit of a gourmet and love Thai, Chinese, Indian, and many other types of foods. You just can't get much good food in the Fox Valley compared to here in Vegas or in Seattle, San Fran, San Diego, etc.

In Green Bay you can find a good steak and a good fish fry. After that, I don't know.

Enlighten me if I am missing something. Any suggestions on restaurants and I will happily try them out.

PlantPage55
12-08-2009, 12:55 PM
lol Ray Rice. Hey, Ray, I thought we were all supposed to be so scared of you last night. You were such a "versatile weapon" - what a douche.

We punked his stupid ass and he's sore about it. Nothing more.

Little Whiskey
12-08-2009, 01:01 PM
. . . . wisconsin has some of the best places to eat anywhere. you just have to find them. they might look like hell, and you might not pay 100 bucks for a meal, but the food will be just as good if not better then any high priced downtown joint in any city

Sorry Red. I am originally from Appleton and have spent much time in GB and have eaten at many restaurants there. I have also lived in a bunch of other cities.

I love Green Bay for many reasons and Wisconsin also - but the restaurants are not one of them. I am a bit of a gourmet and love Thai, Chinese, Indian, and many other types of foods. You just can't get much good food in the Fox Valley compared to here in Vegas or in Seattle, San Fran, San Diego, etc.

In Green Bay you can find a good steak and a good fish fry. After that, I don't know.

Enlighten me if I am missing something. Any suggestions on restaurants and I will happily try them out.

+1 i wouldn't compare NY resturants to GB's restuants.

Lurker64
12-08-2009, 01:10 PM
I don't live in Green Bay, and I never have. I've been there though, and I have to say in all honesty that if you were to strip away everything to do with football (i.e. I can't go tailgate, see a Packer game, take the stadium tour, etc.), I probably wouldn't want to spend a lot of time there. I mean, it's nice enough, but a lot of places are nice enough.

What really makes Green Bay special is the Packers, and if you play for another NFL franchise, you probably don't get the same charge out of that that a lot of the rest of us do.

Bossman641
12-08-2009, 01:29 PM
Baltimore - really?

My friend lived there for a few years (and he grew up in Rockford, IL - an upgrade in ghetto-ness).

My home town!!

mission
12-08-2009, 02:02 PM
Baltimore - really?

My friend lived there for a few years (and he grew up in Rockford, IL - an upgrade in ghetto-ness).

My home town!!

Now Rockford is a mini Baltimore :lol: shitty little ghetto town

Used to skateboard down there at Rotation Station as a kid... ahhhh...

HarveyWallbangers
12-08-2009, 02:25 PM
I see some say that "if it weren't for the Packers, I wouldn't want to live there." Well, it depends on what you want. If you want fine dining and nightlife, small towns aren't for you. On the other hand, if you are into hunting and fishing and things like, then Green Bay would offer you more than a big city. To each his own. I grew up in a small town. I live in a big city. For me personally, the only thing keeping me here is a high paying job. If I could make close to what I'm making here in my hometown, I'd move back without hesitation. Then again, I'm into hunting, fishing, camping, snowmobiling, etc.

CaliforniaCheez
12-08-2009, 02:33 PM
The guy had his worst performance of the season and his team is out of playoff position. Write it off as sour grapes.

He is 22 and hasn't seen a lot of life yet.
For that matter how much of Green Bay did he see?

He arrived with the team on Saturday and had meetings at the hotel with a curfew that night. Sunday was team breakfast at the hotel and to the stadium on a bus.

I wouldn't worry too much about what was said.

PlantPage55
12-08-2009, 02:39 PM
The guy had his worst performance of the season and his team is out of playoff position. Write it off as sour grapes.

He is 22 and hasn't seen a lot of life yet.
For that matter how much of Green Bay did he see?

He arrived with the team on Saturday and had meetings at the hotel with a curfew that night. Sunday was team breakfast at the hotel and to the stadium on a bus.

I wouldn't worry too much about what was said.

My cousin's friend's uncle said he saw him trolling Oneida Street for ass. Didn't have much success and is bitter about it.

denverYooper
12-08-2009, 02:53 PM
Outstanding, I say. I hope all of our opponents hate it in Green Bay. Maybe we'll get back the Lambeau mystique.

pbmax
12-08-2009, 03:32 PM
Many people in this neck of the woods do what Harvey describes, move to a larger city, gain some experience, make some money and then move to a smaller city/burb to finish raising a family. As we have all pointed out, Rice isn't even of age for most to have graduated college.

red
12-08-2009, 04:19 PM

see, thats probably the problem, i'm a steak and fish fry, fried chicken type of guy. you can keep your asian food

for me, i'd rather have a great steak at a backwoods super club then pay 3 times more to sit around a bunch of snooty people eating a portion half the size at a big town place

to each his own.

Brandon494
12-08-2009, 05:59 PM
Whats so wrong with his statement?

If Green Bay didn't have the Packers no one would even know it existed, you can say that about any other team? Its not a bad thing, it is what it is. I'd rather live their then Detriot, Cleveland, or Baltimore but not places like Miami, San Diego, Dallas.

sharpe1027
12-08-2009, 06:02 PM
Sounds like he spent too much time exploring the city and not enough preparing for the game. How else could he form such a strong opinion in such a short time?

pbmax
12-08-2009, 07:01 PM
for me, i'd rather have a great steak at a backwoods super club then pay 3 times more to sit around a bunch of snooty people eating a portion half the size at a big town place
Stevens Point. Red Mill. Steak to die for.

Or at least travel to Stevens Point for. :lol:

Freak Out
12-08-2009, 07:14 PM
From the sounds of it he has apologized to the people of GB for his insensitive remarks.

I have been to GB a few times and must say I have no desire to live there or the surrounding area....not a knock on GB....It was cool to visit and I will do so again.

digitaldean
12-08-2009, 07:28 PM
Obviously, Mr. Rice caught some flak from the Packer faithful....

Here is his apology on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/Rayrice27
As a man I would like to apologize the fans of green bay you can't judge a book by it's cover and for me to talk about your city was wrong

digitaldean
12-08-2009, 07:32 PM
As for food in the Fox Valley. It is a little limited.

Here's why I wouldn't mind having tickets for the game vs. Muppets of the Midway....

http://www.ginoseast.com/

Some of THE best Chicago deep dish. Slab sausage and a cool atmosphere, plus an ice cold Goose Island makes it a great place to eat.

Freak Out
12-08-2009, 07:43 PM
As for food in the Fox Valley. It is a little limited.

Here's why I wouldn't mind having tickets for the game vs. Muppets of the Midway....

http://www.ginoseast.com/

Some of THE best Chicago deep dish. Slab sausage and a cool atmosphere, plus an ice cold Goose Island makes it a great place to eat.

Goose Island is a great brewery.....Bourbon County Stout...Sofie...Juliet...lots of great beers.

What were we talking about? Oh ya....screw Ray Rice. :lol:

Lurker64
12-08-2009, 07:54 PM
Interestingly enough, he was a player I wanted the Packers to draft (he went one pick before Brohm). I wonder how he'd feel about Green Bay if he was drafted by the Packers.

Brandon494
12-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Interestingly enough, he was a player I wanted the Packers to draft (he went one pick before Brohm). I wonder how he'd feel about Green Bay if he was drafted by the Packers.

He'd love it just like every other packer.

GrnBay007
12-08-2009, 09:38 PM

I nominate Cheesner to open a Thai and/or Indian restaurant in Green Bay!!! :D Don't let us down!

MJZiggy
12-08-2009, 09:45 PM
There was a place out by UWGB on the water. PIP, GBR and I ate there last time we visited. Wonderful food.

HowardRoark
12-08-2009, 09:49 PM

I nominate Cheesner to open a Thai and/or Indian restaurant in Green Bay!!! :D Don't let us down!

They already have an Indian restaurant.....

http://oneidabingoandcasino.net/?page_id=128&parent_page_id=28

I think they even have take-away.

mraynrand
12-08-2009, 10:39 PM
Sloppy Joe with chips-$3.75

Damn. For that money, I think I'll have 10. Plus 6 cheese cubes and two gimlets. Weight 202.4

cheesner
12-08-2009, 10:46 PM

see, thats probably the problem, i'm a steak and fish fry, fried chicken type of guy. you can keep your asian food

to each his own.
Red, don't be afraid to try something new. My dad turned 70 last month. He was a strict meat and potatoes guy. I made enchiladas for him 20 years ago and he actually got all bent out of shape.

When he comes to vegas I make him all sorts of Thai food as well as take him to PF Changs for the Mongolian Beef. He absolutely loves it.

I think your response says it all though. You think there are good restaurants in GB and yet you state that all you like is a extremely limited menu. Most people like variety. You think there is an eskimo somewhere in the arctic thinking his village has great restaurants? All three make the best whale blubber ever. WHat more could you want?

cheesner
12-08-2009, 10:55 PM

:D

That was actually a distinct possibility about 2 years ago. I was dating a thai gal who owned a restaurant. I even learned to speak Thai. But alas she wanted to become an international attorney and work in a foreign embassy. Not a big call for that kind of thing in Green Bay.

bobblehead
12-08-2009, 11:00 PM

to each his own.
Red, don't be afraid to try something new. My dad turned 70 last month. He was a strict meat and potatoes guy. I made enchiladas for him 20 years ago and he actually got all bent out of shape.

When he comes to vegas I make him all sorts of Thai food as well as take him to PF Changs for the Mongolian Beef. He absolutely loves it.

I think your response says it all though. You think there are good restaurants in GB and yet you state that all you like is a extremely limited menu. Most people like variety. You think there is an eskimo somewhere in the arctic thinking his village has great restaurants? All three make the best whale blubber ever. WHat more could you want?

Try Archie's on Flamingo and Jones. Phenomenal Thai food. Also you can hit The King and I at the Lakes, but I hope you like it spicy.

cheesner
12-08-2009, 11:16 PM
Try Archie's on Flamingo and Jones. Phenomenal Thai food. Also you can hit The King and I at the Lakes, but I hope you like it spicy.Those are 2 of my favorites. I also like Promeres on Sahara (behind Big Dogs) for Cashew Chicken and Thai Spice on Flamingo near the Palms for Garlic Pepper Pork. Lots of options here.

Bretsky
12-08-2009, 11:53 PM
A blip from Ray Rice (yes I follow several athletes) on Twitter

As a man I would like to apologize the fans of green bay you can't judge a book by it's cover and for me to talk about your city was wrong

Tyrone Bigguns
12-09-2009, 12:10 AM

Red,

You are appear to be a likable chap, but if you think GB has the same shopping, restaurants and clubs as any other city..you are really just displaying your lack of knowledge.

The fact that you mention best buy tells me quite a bit. Best buy has some reasonable stuff, but if you have money and you want quality products you don't shop at best buy.

Let me know when GB has a Nieman Marcus, Saks, or Barneys. Let me know when a world class chef opens up a restaurant there. Let me know when an upscale steakhouse chain opens up there...Mortons, Donavans, Ruth Chris,etc. Does GB even have a Houston's?

I grew up in Wiscosin and lived there till my early 20s..and sorry, the state doesn't have the best restaurants...no way. And, you have to find them...what is this..a challenge? You have to be part of the inner circle? There are some good restaurants...but, you said Wisco...as if the whole state is available, not so if they live in GB. Yes, there are some good/decent joints...but, there are few compared to chicago, NYC, LA, San Fran, etc.

Pretending that it does only hurts your credibility..and does nothing to counter reality.

yes, it does have all the outdoors you could want..if you like being cold. And, it is laughable to discuss golf and GB. Are you seriously comparing the golf in GB to Tampa/Orlando/Phoenix/LA/etc.? Really?

Pugger
12-09-2009, 01:15 AM
If you want good dining in GB don't go to the chains. The best prime rib in town is at Highland Howie's. This place is a sports bar with more than just burgers and wings on the menu. The Black and Tan in DePere is pretty good too. Eve's in Allouez is another good place for steak. We try to visit these places when my hubby and I are in town for the summer because it is almost impossible to get a decent steak down here. :no:

HowardRoark
12-09-2009, 07:07 AM
Is this place any good?

http://www.winespectator.com/restaurants/show/source/search/id/10065

mraynrand
12-09-2009, 07:10 AM
Wisconsin waysides are tops!

http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/travel/restareas/images/wayside-photo.jpg

pbmax
12-09-2009, 07:39 AM
You think there are good restaurants in GB and yet you state that all you like is a extremely limited menu. Most people like variety. You think there is an eskimo somewhere in the arctic thinking his village has great restaurants? All three make the best whale blubber ever. WHat more could you want?
A good point about preferences. I think most people actually want the limited menu mentioned. And that is what causes confusion and disappointment when it is not available. Its an adjustment, a change. And that makes people uncomfortable. Which leads to McDonalds selling its 40 Trillionth burger.

Scott Campbell
12-09-2009, 08:11 AM
The Packers are there, and that's almost enough to make it habitable. Almost.

mraynrand
12-09-2009, 09:59 AM
You think there are good restaurants in GB and yet you state that all you like is a extremely limited menu. Most people like variety. You think there is an eskimo somewhere in the arctic thinking his village has great restaurants? All three make the best whale blubber ever. WHat more could you want?
A good point about preferences. I think most people actually want the limited menu mentioned. And that is what causes confusion and disappointment when it is not available. Its an adjustment, a change. And that makes people uncomfortable. Which leads to McDonalds selling its 40 Trillionth burger.

I like the happy meals. With the purple Grimace wacky wobbler bobblehead toy

http://www.popcultcha.com.au/images/imgs/New%20Pics/Funko/mcdonalds%20-%20grimace.jpg

bobblehead
12-09-2009, 11:21 AM

I like the happy meals. With the purple Grimace wacky wobbler bobblehead toy

http://www.popcultcha.com.au/images/imgs/New%20Pics/Funko/mcdonalds%20-%20grimace.jpg

If I were saavy on such things I'd change my avatar right now!

cheesner
12-09-2009, 12:18 PM
A good point about preferences. I think most people actually want the limited menu mentioned. And that is what causes confusion and disappointment when it is not available. Its an adjustment, a change. And that makes people uncomfortable. Which leads to McDonalds selling its 40 Trillionth burger.I was actually referring to restaurant choice and not an actual individual restaurant menu.

My brother is very meat and potatoes kind of guy. He visited me on Kodiak Island one year and I pulled in a crab pot and had 2 - 10lb King Crabs that got boiled within 20 mins of coming out of the pots. If you have ever had extremely fresh king crab, you have no idea. (back me up on this Freakout) My brother? Wouldn't even try it, he had a PBJ instead.

As I tell his kids, you eat the same foods as your Dad, try something else. If your Dad didn't like Brats, you would never have had them either. Think - based on your Dad's decision, you might never have enjoyed the pleasure of a good brat. There maybe foods out there that you like even better, but you will never know unless you try them. Only recently have they started trying other stuff.

gbgary
12-09-2009, 01:07 PM
i love Green Bay...reminds me of my home town...pueble, colorado. same size, ethnic background, industrial, surround by beautiful country.

Badgerinmaine
12-09-2009, 01:31 PM
If you have ever had extremely fresh king crab, you have no idea. (back me up on this Freakout) My brother? Wouldn't even try it, he had a PBJ instead.

I haven't had the pleasure (though I would love to), but I can certainly vouch for that being true of lobster. It's wonderful fresh from the ocean (and right now it's relatively cheap too). But I can also vouch for the unadventurous kids thing. My sister was visiting me from southwestern Wisconsin with her two daughters a few years ago; her girls were probably late in middle school then. I took them to my favorite lobster shack down on the Maine coast. In spite of urging from my sister, my wife and me to try lobster, my nieces not only didn't do that; they wouldn't even order any other seafood. They both ordered...chicken fingers. :roll: :roll:

get louder at lambeau
12-09-2009, 01:32 PM
i love Green Bay...reminds me of my home town...pueble, colorado. same size, ethnic background, industrial, surround by beautiful country.

Good call. They are pretty similar. Both are right around 100,000 in population, relatively boring, and both have bad weather. Only difference is Pueblo is too hot in the summer, GB is too cold in the winter. And Pueblo doesn't have the greatest football franchise of all time.

Lurker64
12-09-2009, 02:16 PM
Andrew Brandt writes a Nice Piece (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Rice-misses-the-mark-on-Green-Bay.html) on this topic today for the National Football Post.

TennesseePackerBacker
12-09-2009, 03:40 PM
Rome just ripped on Rice as well. Sometimes I feel as if he is a Packer fan deep down. The man has had AR on 57 times.

Tyrone Bigguns
12-09-2009, 08:47 PM

Good call. They are pretty similar. Both are right around 100,000 in population, relatively boring, and both have bad weather. Only difference is Pueblo is too hot in the summer, GB is too cold in the winter. And Pueblo doesn't have the greatest football franchise of all time.

Yeah, but Pueblo produces a hell of a government pamphlet!

HowardRoark
12-09-2009, 08:50 PM

Pueblo (whoever he is) ain't got nothing on Thomas Paine.

pbmax
12-09-2009, 09:00 PM
A good point about preferences. I think most people actually want the limited menu mentioned. And that is what causes confusion and disappointment when it is not available. Its an adjustment, a change. And that makes people uncomfortable. Which leads to McDonalds selling its 40 Trillionth burger.I was actually referring to restaurant choice and not an actual individual restaurant menu.

My brother is very meat and potatoes kind of guy. He visited me on Kodiak Island one year and I pulled in a crab pot and had 2 - 10lb King Crabs that got boiled within 20 mins of coming out of the pots. If you have ever had extremely fresh king crab, you have no idea. (back me up on this Freakout) My brother? Wouldn't even try it, he had a PBJ instead.

As I tell his kids, you eat the same foods as your Dad, try something else. If your Dad didn't like Brats, you would never have had them either. Think - based on your Dad's decision, you might never have enjoyed the pleasure of a good brat. There maybe foods out there that you like even better, but you will never know unless you try them. Only recently have they started trying other stuff.
Poor word choice on my part. I did not mean the specific menu items you had covered in you post. I meant the menu that an individual would be familiar with from childhood through adulthood.

Most people, prefer the known and miss it when it is not available. It might be steak and potatoes, red beans and rice or it might be fresh sushi, but the familiar is comfortable to most people, including your brother obviously. :lol:

Tyrone Bigguns
12-09-2009, 09:07 PM

Ty asked Paine for information on Diabetes recipes and he never got back to Ty. Pueblo right away, along with info on Listeria and Restaurant and Take-out safety....Paine is a charlatan.

MJZiggy
12-09-2009, 09:34 PM
I think the difference between GB and other places is volume. In DC, like in NYC Chicago, Miami, etc. is that the added population in these cities (especially multi-ethnic populations) means that it's easier for a decent restaurant to survive. From my DC office I can walk to any number of ethnic restaurants along with enough organic, crunchy food to make you want to stop at the hot dog stand. Do they have a Nieman Marcus or Barney's in GB? Perhaps not, but while in GB, you don't really need that kind of flash either. I've also been partying there and we had a pretty good time...

gbgary
12-09-2009, 10:24 PM
i love Green Bay...reminds me of my home town...pueble, colorado. same size, ethnic background, industrial, surrounded by beautiful country.

Ty asked Paine for information on Diabetes recipes and he never got back to Ty. Pueblo right away, along with info on Listeria and Restaurant and Take-out safety....Paine is a charlatan.

why would you ask about that? their commercials say it all...kills germs for "the deepest clean...for the healthiest mouth!"

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums/images/smilies/agree.gif

MichiganPackerFan
12-11-2009, 11:44 AM

to each his own.

I like quality food. It's not all about quantity. You have to pay for quality and there's nothing snooty about that. Even having a low end steak is a step up from Ramen, so everyone has personal likes and standards.