PDA

View Full Version : T-Will's Interference was just stupidity on his part

sharpe1027
12-12-2009, 04:05 PM
According to Bedard, Williams should just "try playing by the rules and not complain about them." Really? It's that simple, just try to play by the rules. Who'd a thunk it?

He also states that if you play the ball and "try" not touching the arms of receivers - then "there won't be a problem." I wonder why there are ever any penalties, all teams have to do is try not to do the illegal stuff. Duh.

Has this guy ever played a sport before?

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/79107342.html

get louder at lambeau
12-12-2009, 04:31 PM
Greg A. Bedard- 2nd worst Packer reporter in the state of WI. First, of course, has to go to Mike Vandermause.

MJZiggy
12-12-2009, 04:33 PM
Badminton. I thought there was a call on each team that was complete bogus. They need to start by letting them play. Then they need to make these things reviewable. Too big a swing if they get it wrong. And they get it wrong too often.

Guiness
12-12-2009, 04:46 PM
wtf with the badminton crack???

lol. Why does that sport take so much abuse?

MJZiggy
12-12-2009, 04:47 PM
Because it's so genteel. It's not even a ball for goodness sakes. How can it not take abuse when the people have to hit a shuttlecock?

pbmax
12-12-2009, 05:10 PM

I love badminton! You can trash talk about how the next shot is going to be deadly while the shuttlecock is still lofted in the air, plenty of time to abuse your opponent while waiting for it to come back to earth.

As for TWill, I think KY had it right. An earlier article showed it was his arms (in two cases an arm bar) that was getting him in trouble. That is a trick all the DBs (and some WRs) use in defending a pass. He will get better at it and some crews will let a couple of those go.

KYPack
12-12-2009, 09:06 PM

I love badminton! You can trash talk about how the next shot is going to be deadly while the shuttlecock is still lofted in the air, plenty of time to abuse your opponent while waiting for it to come back to earth.

As for TWill, I think KY had it right. An earlier article showed it was his arms (in two cases an arm bar) that was getting him in trouble. That is a trick all the DBs (and some WRs) use in defending a pass. He will get better at it and some crews will let a couple of those go.

TWill is a fine, physical corner. He's learning the trade on the job. That arm bar is a trick, but you can't use that baby more than once, maybe twice a game. Now they will watch him for that like crazy. There are a lot of "once a game" tricks, but the young boys over-do 'em.

The oldest one is reach for the ball with one hand and grab his hip & turn him with the other. Or split his hands when he's making his move for the ball. TWill does a lot of things really well. He instinctively gathers himself and makes one decisive move to break up the pass. He makes a pretty good pre-snap read and is decent position most of the time. He's got to put that arm bar up for awhile. They'll be watchin' for it now.

Patler
12-12-2009, 09:28 PM
Have Bedard and the other complainers who only react and never analyze completely forgotten that Tramon Williams has had 7 starts at corner, 9 other starts when the Packers open in their nickel, and that he has played well over half the defensive snaps over the last three years; all without any significant penalty problems until last week? IT WAS JUST ONE GAME ! ! One game in a solid three year career as the Packers 3rd corner. He had one earlier PI penalty this year, and I believe he had just one last year (although I have not verified that). I have never worried about TW in the past, and I'm not worried now.

If it continues to happen, I might become concerned. Until then, it was JUST ONE GAME! :lol: :lol: :lol:

sharpe1027
12-12-2009, 10:44 PM

Yeah, but all he has to do is to try not to ever touch the receivers and there will be no problem. What an idiot T. Will must be.

On a serious note, I agree he's playing fine. Those PIs are great plays in most games. At least the officials were pretty consistent.

Guiness
12-12-2009, 11:49 PM
Badminton is a tough sport! That shuttlecock (birdy to those in the know) can put out an eye you know!

And don't even get me started on the turned ankles.

red
12-13-2009, 09:01 AM
Because it's so genteel. It's not even a ball for goodness sakes. How can it not take abuse when the people have to hit a shuttlecock?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHfR2kPtyZs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaHtNdkLekg

its like getting seriously injured playing the wii

Pugger
12-13-2009, 09:10 AM
I think I'll stick with shuffleboard... :lol: