PDA

View Full Version : Game coverage tomorrow

PackerTimer
12-12-2009, 09:40 PM
I think we've talked about this before, but why isn't the Packer game on in the Twin Cities tomorrow? The Vikings play on CBS, why doesn't FOX air the Packer game at noon?

PlantPage55
12-12-2009, 09:46 PM
The Twin Cities are dildos. I'm fairly certain that it has something to do with if the Vikings are on, then they don't want a Packer game on no matter what. They want people watching their game.

I don't understand it. Back where I'm from in WI, there is football on every moment that there can be. 2 games on CBS, 2 games on Fox, whether the Pack is playing or not.

I think it's because we love football more over here. :D

PackerTimer
12-12-2009, 09:54 PM
I've heard that too but it just seems so stupid to me. You would think FOX, from the business side at least, would be way better off having the Packers-Bears game on vs the Rams-Titans. I looked at the coverage map, besides their home markets, southern Minnesota is the only damn place in the country showing that game. Why? Because nobody cares about either team.

Lurker64
12-12-2009, 10:05 PM
I believe the NFL prohibits FOX from broadcasting a game in the primary home market of an NFC team in case that team is playing a home game on CBS. I'm pretty sure that the Twin Cities Fox Affiliate would be playing a football game if they were allowed to.

steve823
12-13-2009, 03:17 AM
I don't get it either, I'm in college in PA and all you hear about is Philly and thats all they show. Thats why I have to watch it online if I find a working link. :cry:

Rastak
12-13-2009, 05:54 AM
I believe the NFL prohibits FOX from broadcasting a game in the primary home market of an NFC team in case that team is playing a home game on CBS. I'm pretty sure that the Twin Cities Fox Affiliate would be playing a football game if they were allowed to.

You nailed it. You'd think people would remember the NFL rules regarding airing games since they come into play year after year after year.

ND72
12-13-2009, 10:17 AM
I loved it when I was at Winona State, I would get the Minneapolis ABC, CBS, NBC, & FOX, and I would also get some Wisconsin ABC, CBS, NBC, & FOX. On any given weekend, I could have had 4 different football games on. It was awesome.