PDA

View Full Version : Who played nose?

Guiness
12-13-2009, 08:50 PM
What was the defensive alignment when Raji went out for a while?

Did we stay in a 3-4 alignment? Who went in at NT? My guess is Jolly, with Montgomery coming in at DE. Did Wynn get any snaps?

mission
12-13-2009, 08:52 PM
We ran a lot of 2 DL sets with Jenkins and Jolly before he went out. Wynn also saw some time at RE in 3 man passing situations.

red
12-13-2009, 09:48 PM
at one point i noticed just one down lineman

saw some weird looks today from our d

pbmax
12-13-2009, 09:54 PM
at one point i noticed just one down lineman

saw some weird looks today from our d
And the one lineman most of the time was Jenkins.

Guiness
12-13-2009, 11:17 PM
1 down lineman. That's got to be a little funny.

What do you figure the OL is thinking looking at that? What do they do? Double the guy so he doesn't slide around a lone blocker, what does the rest of the OL do? They would have to have their heads on swivels looking for who is coming from where.

How do you think Jenkins is feeling out there - a little exposed?

BobDobbs
12-14-2009, 02:12 AM
I was LOVING that alignment. Capers called it the 'Psycho'. I saw Bishop get on the field and I thought someone must be injured, then I saw that Jenkins was the only down Lineman.

In Post-game Capers said that he liked to bring out formations at the end of the season that teams didn't have tape on. How much do we love Dom? A D-coordinator that is actually trying to outcoach the other team. Revolutionary.

And you know what? I thought Jenkins would get swallowed up too, but those were some of his most effective snaps. He was in the backfield. Maybe he actually ended up in one on ones, because the rest of the oline has to keep an eye out to figure who's coming.

This is going to be FUN.

Sparkey
12-14-2009, 09:29 AM
I was LOVING that alignment. Capers called it the 'Psycho'. I saw Bishop get on the field and I thought someone must be injured, then I saw that Jenkins was the only down Lineman.

In Post-game Capers said that he liked to bring out formations at the end of the season that teams didn't have tape on. How much do we love Dom? A D-coordinator that is actually trying to outcoach the other team. Revolutionary.

And you know what? I thought Jenkins would get swallowed up too, but those were some of his most effective snaps. He was in the backfield. Maybe he actually ended up in one on ones, because the rest of the oline has to keep an eye out to figure who's coming.

This is going to be FUN.

Did you also notice in the 1 DL 5 LB set, that not a single guy was down in a stance. Every single guy stood up and sort of shifted around. Had to be chaos for the lineman trying to figure out who to block.

mngolf19
12-14-2009, 10:37 AM
A 1-5-5 is what ESPN is calling it. I saw the Browns employ some zero down linemen in their game vs. Pitt on thurs. Perhaps it was a test going into that game.

MadScientist
12-14-2009, 11:18 AM
Capers was also using the radical concept of adjusting the scheme to account for a rash of injuries at one position (DL). I hope someone under Capers knows the system and the style well enough to take over if / when Capers gets another HC shot.

bobblehead
12-14-2009, 12:22 PM
Next year TT is going to trade up to get 3 more LB's in the first 2 rounds. He is then going to trade all of our DL for max value as Dom creates and entire new defense around the "tweener" concept....half the LB's will be DL/LB tweeners and the other half will be LB/S tweeners. The good news is we will resign Kampman.

TT will explain that this is being done to improve ST....we also plan on carrying 4 FB's and 6 TE/LB's.