PDA

View Full Version : If you knew this before the year

HarveyWallbangers
12-14-2009, 06:53 AM
I'm guessing you would have predicted the Packers win the division. Pretty crazy stat actually.

Average yards per rush - OFFENSE

Green Bay - 4.3
Minnesota - 4.2

Average yards per rush - DEFENSE

Green Bay - 3.6
Minnesota - 4.1

Fritz
12-14-2009, 07:47 AM
I think that prior to the year's beginning it's useless to say what record a team would be satisfied with, anyway. As for the stat you mentioned, sure, I suppose people would've thought that.

Scott Campbell
12-14-2009, 07:53 AM
I think it shows that we've done a better job padding stats against the cupcakes on the schedule.

What stands out most about this team to me is that were playing a lot better in Nov/Dec than we were in Sep/Oct. Even the early wins this year made me wonder how we could ever reach the playoffs.

sheepshead
12-14-2009, 07:56 AM
Hmmm seems to me the much maligned Ted Thompson has given Mike Mornhihweg the players and coordinators to succeed at a high level. Who would have thought?

Badgerinmaine
12-14-2009, 10:27 AM
Seems like this probably says something about special teams, and what it says isn't good.

mraynrand
12-14-2009, 10:29 AM
Hmmm seems to me the much maligned Ted Thompson has given Mike Mornhihweg the players and coordinators to succeed at a high level. Who would have thought?

Are you really trying to compare McCarthy and Marty Mornhinweg? Really? Marty couldn't even make it through his first practice as head coach before he was ridiculed by and lost his team. Absurd.

sharpe1027
12-14-2009, 10:46 AM
I think it shows that we've done a better job padding stats against the cupcakes on the schedule.

Based on what? They stacked up pretty well against the best two teams they played, both of which have highly touted running games and run defenses.

First Minn v. GB game:
GB - 4.8 Yds/rus
Minn - 2.1

Second Minn games:
GB - 4.7
Minn - 3.5

Balt game:
GB - 3.5
Balt - 3.1

sheepshead
12-14-2009, 11:02 AM

Are you really trying to compare McCarthy and Marty Mornhinweg? Really? Marty couldn't even make it through his first practice as head coach before he was ridiculed by and lost his team. Absurd.

I'm not a big MM fan right now. Thus the nick name.

mraynrand
12-14-2009, 11:29 AM

Sure, I get it, but it's like comparing a decent coach with deficiencies to Les Steckel. Not even close. I prefer 'Stubby' :lol:

gbgary
12-14-2009, 11:33 AM
What stands out most about this team to me is that were playing a lot better in Nov/Dec than we were in Sep/Oct. Even the early wins this year made me wonder how we could ever reach the playoffs.

yup...me too!!

bobblehead
12-14-2009, 11:38 AM

Based on what? They stacked up pretty well against the best two teams they played, both of which have highly touted running games and run defenses.

First Minn v. GB game:
GB - 4.8 Yds/rus
Minn - 2.1

Second Minn games:
GB - 4.7
Minn - 3.5

Balt game:
GB - 3.5
Balt - 3.1

Agreed, I actually think it shows 2 things. 1) Just how bad out ST has been, and 2) Just how good BF has been playing that AP is being shut down and they are winning like crazy.

rbaloha1
12-14-2009, 11:45 AM
Agree the weak schedule highly contributes to good stats.

Yes, the Packers beat 2 good teams -- the Cowboys and Ravens. Still the penalties and inconsistent special teams and offense means a one and done playoff scenario.

sheepshead
12-14-2009, 11:56 AM

Sure, I get it, but it's like comparing a decent coach with deficiencies to Les Steckel. Not even close. I prefer 'Stubby' :lol:

If he wins a playoff game and is competitive in the postseason, I'll come around...

Smidgeon
12-14-2009, 12:00 PM
Still the penalties and inconsistent special teams and offense means a one and done playoff scenario.

Not necessarily. Good teams overcome. The team will definitely be put to the test because of the penalties and special teams, but it isn't a death knell.

Jimx29
12-14-2009, 05:07 PM
And if you knew 27/6 you'd pick the records just as they are.

Pugger
12-14-2009, 07:01 PM
Timing is everything. I think we'd fare a hell of lot better against both MN and Cincy if we were playing them NOW instead of earlier in the year when our D was still ironing out the new 3-4 scheme.

HarveyWallbangers
12-14-2009, 08:57 PM
And if you knew 27/6 you'd pick the records just as they are.

Ummm... probably not if you knew 25/7 + those other things.