PDA

View Full Version : Winners and Losers: Bear Week, A Nutz Tribute

pbmax
12-14-2009, 11:34 AM
This is the thread that Nutz used to contribute and I will leave it up to him whether he wants to add his 2, 4 or 8 cents in to make it more thorough.

But I wanted to mention two groups that had nothing more in common except the title of old, weekly thread.

Winner: For all the bad play they have exhibited this year, the special teams coverage units delivered big time. The offense at times did all it could to keep the Bears in the game and Cutler had three magnificent throws, two for TDs and one for a first down against Wood. But the one area the Bear's should have won, the Packer's coverage units kept it even. Even though the Packers 206 yard field position advantage was in large part due to turnovers by Cutler, the fact that the ST held their own is a big plus. It will be huge if they could keep this up. Cyril Obiozor is apparently just a beast. :lol:

Loser: Offensive Line. Specifically pass protection. Everyone except Cliffy miffed one that I saw, but Tauscher got beat like a drum by Ogunleye. Mark has a hurt knee and probably wasn't 100%, but Ogunleye at one point went by Tauscher by faking outside then rushing inside. Tauscher never laid a hand on him. It looked like Allen Iverson or Chris Paul crossed him over. I think Lang may need to start. Marinelli must be a very good D line coach.

Bonus Loser: Jordy Nelson must be replaced at returner. At least on punts.

mission
12-14-2009, 12:05 PM
Jordy Nelson looked like he was running in slow motion or jogging on a couple of those kick returns. Seriously, what a joke... what happened to him?! :lol:

bobblehead
12-14-2009, 12:10 PM
How can you make an Allen Iverson comparison when you could simply use an Allen Babre comparison.

How about, They said it was Tauscher but my sources confirm that Tausch is sitting home with a knee injury and Babre wore his uniform to confuse the D.

pbmax
12-14-2009, 12:59 PM
How can you make an Allen Iverson comparison when you could simply use an Allen Babre comparison.

How about, They said it was Tauscher but my sources confirm that Tausch is sitting home with a knee injury and Babre wore his uniform to confuse the D.
Barbre was falling down. Tauscher was getting nothing but air. Like Casey At The Bat.

Smidgeon
12-14-2009, 01:03 PM
Like Casey At The Bat.

2 points for best archaic reference of the week. I'll even throw in an extra 2 points since the original poem is 111 years old...

pbmax
12-14-2009, 01:09 PM
Quote of The Week: via JSO by way of PFT

Said Packers TE Jermichael Finley of how much he likes his role in the offense, "It's more than love. It's, like, I almost just want to be married to it."

mraynrand
12-14-2009, 01:11 PM

Said Packers TE Jermichael Finley of how much he likes his role in the offense, "It's more than love. It's, like, I almost just want to be married to it."

I think that's only legal in Vermont.

MichiganPackerFan
12-14-2009, 02:08 PM

I think that's only legal in Vermont.

But no drinking at the reception unless you smuggle in your own moonshine. Maybe I'm confused with West Vriginia...

Bossman641
12-14-2009, 02:33 PM
Winner: Nick Collins. He just continues to show up every week with at least one big play.

Losers: Jay Cutler and the Bears. I hope they enjoy that high pick of theirs this year...oops :oops: