PDA

View Full Version : NFL Yearly Awards - Lets see who can guess them right.

packers11
12-15-2009, 06:05 PM
I'll start.

MVP : Drew Brees - unbielevable season thus far, led a few nice comebacks. Clear front runner.

Runner up : Peyton Manning / Favre

Offensive Player of the Year: - Chris Johnson - 1600+ yards in 13 games. He's on pace to get 2000+ yards, this guy is truly amazing. He might be one of the best running backs i've seen in a long time. The thing that separates him from most RB's is how fluid is catching is (does it in stride).

Runner Up : Peyton Manning

Defensive Player of the Year: - Charles Woodson - 8 Ints in 13 games. 4 FF's 2 sacks 2 DEF TD's . 14 Pass deflections. What is underlooked about Woodson is his tackling ability in the open field.

Runner Up : Derrell Revis

NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year - Percy Harvin - Threat in the receiving game and return game. Vikings got a solid pickup, has the potential to be a solid player for a long time.

Runner Up : Knowshon Moreno

NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year - Brian "O Sack" Po - I would put Clay Matthews here, but Orakpo is leading all rookies with 11 sacks. It is very close though IMO because Matthews is more consistent.

Runner up : Clay Matthews / Cushing

NFL Comeback Player of the Year - Vince Young - Even though the Titans still having a losing record, Vince Young's career looked pretty much done last year (in a Titans uniform) . He is back and is looking a lot better / confident.

Runner up : Chad Ochocinco

NFL Coach of the Year - Sean Payton - Brought an 8-8 team to a possible 16-0 team. They should really give it to two people (if the colts go 16-0 too).

Runner Up : Jim Caldwell

gbgary
12-15-2009, 08:31 PM
can't argue with any of that. maybe that guy in minn for comeback player...having a great year after last year. hell, who's comeback more than he? lol

Rastak
12-15-2009, 08:47 PM
Looks about right to me.

Brandon494
12-15-2009, 08:52 PM
Tom Brady is a lock for comeback player of the year

Brandon494
12-15-2009, 08:58 PM
MVP : Drew Brees

Offensive Player of the Year: - Chris Johnson

Defensive Player of the Year: - Charles Woodson

NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year - Percy Harvin

NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year - Jairus Byrd

NFL Comeback Player of the Year - Tom Brady

NFL Coach of the Year - Sean Payton

Bossman641
12-15-2009, 11:36 PM

Looks good to me except I say Cushing for DROY

gbgary
12-16-2009, 08:40 AM
Tom Brady is a lock for comeback player of the year

yup...forgot about him.

packers11
12-17-2009, 12:12 PM
does anyone know when they come out ? Is there an 'official date'

Packers4Ever
12-17-2009, 10:44 PM
Looks about right to me.

The guy in Minnesota would win hands down !

MichiganPackerFan
12-18-2009, 02:47 PM
Looks about right, what about old man #4 for comeback? Is a player eligible for comeback if they were on IR the entire year before? Or is it someone who sucked hairy goat balls (no pictures posted please, skin) and came back and redeemed themselves?

Brandon494
12-18-2009, 04:04 PM
Looks about right, what about old man #4 for comeback? Is a player eligible for comeback if they were on IR the entire year before? Or is it someone who sucked hairy goat balls (no pictures posted please, skin) and came back and redeemed themselves?

#4 still threw 20 TDs last season, Brady missed the whole season.

TennesseePackerBacker
12-18-2009, 07:31 PM

Looks good to me except I say Cushing for DROY

This, no need to post anymore. Close the thread.

MJZiggy
12-18-2009, 09:54 PM

They'll give it to #4 anyway. You know they will.

Brandon494
12-18-2009, 10:44 PM

They'll give it to #4 anyway. You know they will.

Over the golden boy Tom Brady? Doubt it