PDA

View Full Version : Heartwarming Chrismas Tale

Scott Campbell
12-15-2009, 06:34 PM
Erin Henderson suspended four games
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 15, 2009 4:24 PM ET
It has been a trying couple of weeks for the Henderson brothers.

The Vikings announced Tuesday that backup linebacker Erin Henderson has been suspended for the next four games for violating the league's policy on performance enhancing substances.

The news comes just six days after Erin's brother E.J. was placed on injured reserve following a gruesome leg injury suffered on Sunday Night Football.

Erin was active against the Bengals Sunday, recording his first two tackles since Week Eight. He will be eligible to return to the team after Minnesota's first playoff game.

get louder at lambeau
12-15-2009, 07:31 PM
That DOES warn the heart. Goes down like a shot of good tequila, and leaves a trail of happiness behind. And goodwill to men and all that other shit.

mission
12-15-2009, 07:47 PM
What kind of dude named Aaron spells his name 'Erin'?

I banged an Erin once (and it wasn't a 250lb black guy).

ThunderDan
12-15-2009, 08:15 PM

The Vikings announced Tuesday that backup linebacker Erin Henderson has been suspended for the next four games for violating the league's policy on performance enhancing substances.

The news comes just six days after Erin's brother E.J. was placed on injured reserve following a gruesome leg injury suffered on Sunday Night Football.

Erin was active against the Bengals Sunday, recording his first two tackles since Week Eight. He will be eligible to return to the team after Minnesota's first playoff game.

How long until Erin Henderson appeals to the Minnesota Supreme Court saying he was tested twice within 6 months and therefor protected under Minnesota law?

Rastak
12-15-2009, 08:53 PM

How long until Erin Henderson appeals to the Minnesota Supreme Court saying he was tested twice within 6 months and therefor protected under Minnesota law?

I am assuming the NFL isn't so fucking dumb as to ignore the federal courts and supreme court precedent. They couldn't possibly be that stupid. They now know that they cannot violate state law because they want to. They now know they have to get a federal law in place to cover this if they want to get past state laws they don't like. The current labor relations act ain't gonna cut it.

Therefore, knowing all this they must have ensured he was not taking a legal product on his own time and made sure to confirm it with a second test. Nobody could be so stupid as to do anything else.

pbmax
12-15-2009, 08:56 PM
They don't need a new federal law. They need the correct language in the CBA to bypass the State Courts in matters pertaining to the Drug Policy.

bobblehead
12-15-2009, 11:33 PM
It says the vikings suspended him, not the NFL. Maybe its just wording, but would that make it different than the williams?

mraynrand
12-16-2009, 02:42 AM
God Enhance Us, Everyone!

Patler
12-16-2009, 04:02 AM

I am assuming the NFL isn't so fucking dumb as to ignore the federal courts and supreme court precedent. They couldn't possibly be that stupid. They now know that they cannot violate state law because they want to. They now know they have to get a federal law in place to cover this if they want to get past state laws they don't like. The current labor relations act ain't gonna cut it.

Therefore, knowing all this they must have ensured he was not taking a legal product on his own time and made sure to confirm it with a second test. Nobody could be so stupid as to do anything else.

All the more reason to move the floundering franchise out of MN. The Williams didn't do the MN fans' long term interests any good by pushing this. MN is now established as a "problem state" for the NFL, and leaving it behind probably looks good to a lot of NFL execs.

mraynrand
12-16-2009, 07:52 AM

have you ever been in a Turkish prison?

pbmax
12-16-2009, 08:05 AM
All the more reason to move the floundering franchise out of MN. The Williams didn't do the MN fans' long term interests any good by pushing this. MN is now established as a "problem state" for the NFL, and leaving it behind probably looks good to a lot of NFL execs.
The problem isn't limited to Minnesota. Any State law might interfere with multiple portions of the CBA now that this particular loophole has been exposed and Federal Courts have upheld it. They simply need to get the correct language into the CBA, which they should have done when it was first implemented. Bypassing Courts is nothing new in CBA negotiations.

I have no doubt that Minnesota won no new fans in league offices, but I doubt that extends to removing a franchise. Or withholding assistance from their effort to stay. Moving the franchise doesn't solve the problem. They still need to amend the CBA and probably conceed something to the NFLPA in the process.

Patler
12-16-2009, 08:39 AM
Yes the CBA can be changed to maybe get past the problem. However, so long as there are potentially conflicting state laws, we will not know for sure until challenged. After all, you are dealing with a lot of different statutes, possibly some with "nonwaivable" provisions.

Obviously none of us know for sure, but at the time this action came up, I read one article that said with respect to drug testing no other state of a current NFL franchise had conflicting laws, and there was only one other state that had laws that "maybe" would cause problems. MN seems to be a little unique. I could be wrong about this, just relaying what I read.

There have been comments from other pro sports about MN possibly being a worrisome place to do business. Obviously it is on peoples minds. My only point is this, if the owner at all considers leaving MN, he likely will get support and maybe even encouragement from others because of this.

Willard
12-16-2009, 08:51 AM
He will be eligible to return to the team after Minnesota's first playoff game.

In other words, he can join them next season!! One and done for the queens!

Fritz
12-16-2009, 10:31 AM

It was a white guy?

mission
12-16-2009, 12:33 PM

It was a white guy?

:rs:

:oops: :oops: