PDA

View Full Version : For those that go to Lambeau Field a lot.

packers11
12-16-2009, 12:47 PM
What is the best time to go watch a game (in your opinion)

I've been once in my life, 2-3 years ago when the packers lost 35-0 to the pats (Favre got hurt right before half-time). It was a early November game from what I can recall, the atmosphere was nice and I had a blast (besides the terrible lost)

I want to make a trip up again next year. Which is the best time to go?

(This is regular season voting) Obviously the playoffs is the best time to go to a game to get the most excitement.

ThunderDan
12-16-2009, 12:50 PM
What is the best time to go watch a game (in your opinion)

I've been once in my life, 2-3 years ago when the packers lost 35-0 to the pats (Favre got hurt right before half-time). It was a early November game from what I can recall, the atmosphere was nice and I had a blast (besides the terrible lost)

I want to make a trip up again next year. Which is the best time to go?

(This is regular season voting) Obviously the playoffs is the best time to go to a game to get the most excitement.

I like the late October, early November games. Not so warm but not real cold. Seeing a game in the snow at Lambeau is also fun!

You must have forgotten that it was 15 degrees for the NE game and a 15 mph wind. That game was cold!!

packers11
12-16-2009, 12:54 PM
I like the late October, early November games. Not so warm but not real cold. Seeing a game in the snow at Lambeau is also fun!

You must have forgotten that it was 15 degrees for the NE game and a 15 mph wind. That game was cold!!

Yea I always wanted to see a snow game (but thats really hard to book, you gotta get lucky)

You should have seen me, I defiantly looked like I was from out of town, I was freezing my ass off, I had a sweater and jeans (I defiantly learned for when I go back next time) :lol:

Smidgeon
12-16-2009, 01:01 PM
Favre got hurt right before half-time.

Odd fact that may only interest me (I'm channeling Peter King!): I read somewhere once that Favre only has had six games where he couldn't finish a game due to an injury. In three of those six games, his back up QB suffered a season ending injury and ended up on injured reserve. So much for the WPS (Wally Pipp Syndrome) that Favre was always concerned about...

Point being, attending a game where Favre gets knocked out is such a rare event. More rare than come-from-behind victories, multiple TD games, multiple INT games, etc. Kudos! (Also, apparently it's your fault for being at the game. A butterfly flapping its wings...)

Packman_26
12-16-2009, 01:57 PM
If you ask me, Christmas time games are always the best. It can get a bit chilly but the atmosphere is great and they often times have playoff importance.
I would have to say second is opening day. Its always a great feeling when football is back and everyone has great hope for the year.
BTW, I was also at the blowout against the patriots.

Spaulding
12-16-2009, 02:42 PM
Seems like the Patriots game was well attended by Packerats. I was almost there. Have a co-worker whose a huge Pats fan and he wanted me to go with him but my wife had my time dedicated to other duties. Somewhat glad I missed as although it's always a good time at Lambeau, I've already been to my fair share of stinkers (Falcons playoff game and Holmgren's return being most memorable) and often start to wonder if the Pack is better off when I'm not there.

That being said, I'd have to vote with Packman_26 for the December/January games. Normally a home field advantage and it weeds out the posers and you always have a chance for a snow game.

Still kicking myself for not finding a way to make the Seattle playoff game that was like a snow globe - looked surreal.

ThunderDan
12-16-2009, 04:29 PM
Seems like the Patriots game was well attended by Packerats. I was almost there. Have a co-worker whose a huge Pats fan and he wanted me to go with him but my wife had my time dedicated to other duties. Somewhat glad I missed as although it's always a good time at Lambeau, I've already been to my fair share of stinkers (Falcons playoff game and Holmgren's return being most memorable) and often start to wonder if the Pack is better off when I'm not there.

That being said, I'd have to vote with Packman_26 for the December/January games. Normally a home field advantage and it weeds out the posers and you always have a chance for a snow game.

Still kicking myself for not finding a way to make the Seattle playoff game that was like a snow globe - looked surreal.

They handed out Packer towels for the game souvenir that game. Only thing they were good for was putting under your butt to insulate you from the metal bleachers.

There were 5 people in our section at the end of the game, this is not an exaggeration.

Spaulding
12-16-2009, 05:13 PM
When Holmgren came back and it was a Monday night they handed out Shopko Packeroni's to wave during the game. Towards the end and when Brian Williams went down with knee injury and out for season I asked my wife to put me out of my misery with the 'roni' but alas it was foam.

red
12-16-2009, 05:46 PM
i like the cold games myself

i'd say 80% of the games i've been to were in december or january

the only thing that sucks is trying to take a piss with all the cold weather gear on

BF4MVP
12-16-2009, 06:09 PM
the only thing that sucks is trying to take a piss with all the cold weather gear on
True dat!

Love the cold games though. Gettin' all bundled up and goin to the FROZEN TUNDRA..

It rocks! :D

MJZiggy
12-16-2009, 06:11 PM
True dat!

Love the cold games though. Gettin' all bundled up and goin to the FROZEN TUNDRA..

You guys do know how easy you have that, right? I mean seriously.

KYPack
12-16-2009, 06:13 PM
i like the cold games myself

i'd say 80% of the games i've been to were in december or january

I get to go to Lambeau every other year of so.

A perfect October game is so great, all the smells, people walking around drinking brews, the comraderie, it's the best.

Many times, it's a late season, cold one for me.

When I take Kentucky people, they are always amazed. The people are so friendly, it reminds them of Southern hospitality. None of 'em can come close to handling the cold, tho. I try to get them dressed right, but they just don't get the layered thing, and they all freeze in the 3rd quarter.

The thing I've noticed is how warm the bathrooms are. When I tell the southerners that they can warm up in the bathroom, they all just ask to go back to the hotel. There isn't one of 'em that will go back for a late year game.

& that's a good thing.

retailguy
12-16-2009, 07:31 PM
True dat!

quit yer bitchin' and use a shamwow diaper. you'll be fine.

gbpackfan
12-16-2009, 07:46 PM
I've been to just about every game the past 5 years. There is NO BAD TIME to go. But, October and early November games are my favorite. It can still get pretty hot in Sept. and December games can get very cold. As long as you dress right, you'll be fine whenever you go.

red
12-16-2009, 07:48 PM
True dat!

you do know about shrinkage right?

finding the fucker is the biggest battle

you guys just have to worry about getting the pants down and landing your ass on the seat.

we gotta make sure everything clears everything else. and thats even tougher to do with a beer belly blocking your view

"i know its down there somewhere, i just hope its pointing in the right direction"

MJZiggy
12-16-2009, 07:57 PM
Dammit, this isn't the GC, I can't post the pic I need....

And Red, you don't really think I'm SITTING on THAT do you?

HowardRoark
12-16-2009, 08:05 PM

All I do is give.

http://www.go-girl.com/

MJZiggy
12-16-2009, 08:14 PM

All I do is give.

That works under 14 layers of winter clothes? Nice car at the bottom...lol. What was this thread about again?

HarveyWallbangers
12-16-2009, 08:14 PM
I like October games. I'd probably pick that. However, the December games end up being the most memorable.

MJZiggy
12-16-2009, 08:28 PM
More on the line in December, but if you go in cold weather, the $6 for the seat cushion will be the best money you spend all day...

channtheman
12-17-2009, 12:03 AM
When I was younger my dad took me and my brother to a Browns game back in 2001 I believe. It snowed and was a late game and it was just great. I would say I love going to game at Lambeau when it's cold and everyone has to huddle together.

Gunakor
12-17-2009, 02:02 AM
I'd prefer to go in December, especially if it's snowing. It's something about a snow game at Lambeau, always gets the adrenaline flowing a bit faster.

Packman_26
12-17-2009, 02:20 AM

I was at that one too :)

Fritz
12-17-2009, 06:47 AM

All I do is give.

Oh...so that's what they mean when they say "You go girl."

MJZiggy
12-17-2009, 07:22 PM

All I do is give.

I gotta ask, are those things disposable or do you have to carry it around with you when you're done?? Potential ew. Please tell me it's not dishwasher safe...

mraynrand
12-17-2009, 07:26 PM

All I do is give.

I gotta ask, are those things disposable or do you have to carry it around with you when you're done?? Potential ew. Please tell me it's not dishwasher safe...

I think they are flushable/edible like those packing peanuts!

PlantPage55
12-17-2009, 07:45 PM
I've been to games at Lambeau upwards of 20 times and I've never seen the inside of the Lambeau bathrooms.

You don't have to piss - you're just WEAK!!!

http://riverdaughter.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/frank-costanza.jpg

red
12-17-2009, 08:36 PM
I've been to games at Lambeau upwards of 20 times and I've never seen the inside of the Lambeau bathrooms.

You don't have to piss - you're just WEAK!!!

http://riverdaughter.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/frank-costanza.jpg

then you're not drinking enough beer

plus i don't want to hold it and risk getting uromysitisis

MJZiggy
12-17-2009, 08:37 PM

All I do is give.

I think they are flushable/edible like those packing peanuts!/EDIBLE???? Absolute EWWWWW!!

red
12-17-2009, 08:40 PM

All I do is give.

more proof that woman wish they were men

PlantPage55
12-17-2009, 08:58 PM

I also don't pay those stadium beer prices though. That's like getting your car fixed at a dealership - might as well flush your money down the toilet!

Rastak
12-17-2009, 09:25 PM

I also don't pay those stadium beer prices though. That's like getting your car fixed at a dealership - might as well flush your money down the toilet!

True dat.

I load up on pints of good beer before the game and rarely leave my seat during the game. No need to pay $7 for each glass of beer flavored water.

As far as time of year to see a game in the midwest. I saw a Vikings-Patriots game in the 70's at Met Stadium and froze my ass off. We had standing room tickets and I jumped up and down most of the game trying to keep warm as a kid. I saw the Vikings Bears at Soldier a couple years ago and was certain I had frostbite. Watching the game became secondary to staying alive to be honest. I had to keep poking my beer to clear the ice. Honestly, it would make more sense to sit in my yard in the dead of winter with a TV. I could get some replays and stats, unlike the stadium's usually give you and still freeze my ass off.

ThunderDan
12-17-2009, 09:28 PM

True dat.

I load up on pints of good beer before the game and rarely leave my seat during the game. No need to pay $7 for each glass of beer flavored water.

As far as time of year to see a game in the midwest. I saw a Vikings-Patriots game in the 70's at Met Stadium and froze my ass off. We had standing room tickets and I jumped up and down most of the game trying to keep warm as a kid. I saw the Vikings Bears at Soldier a couple years ago and was certain I had frostbite. Watching the game became secondary to staying alive to be honest. I had to keep poking my beer to clear the ice. Honestly, it would make more sense to sit in my yard in the dead of winter with a TV. I could get some replays and stats, unlike the stadium's usually give you and still freeze my ass off.

I thought you didn't buy beer at the games!! :lol: :lol:

Rastak
12-17-2009, 09:30 PM
Good catch Thunder!

I didn't buy it, I was in Chicago and the host bought us all beers. Yes, it was the traditional crappy stuff but so frozen it was hard to drink. In the dome I don't buy beers.

mraynrand
12-17-2009, 09:52 PM

All I do is give.

I think they are flushable/edible like those packing peanuts!/EDIBLE???? Absolute EWWWWW!!

I thought that would get you.

This thread should be retitled: For those who go at Lambeau a lot.

Guiness
12-18-2009, 07:12 AM
Yea I always wanted to see a snow game (but thats really hard to book, you gotta get lucky)

You should have seen me, I defiantly looked like I was from out of town, I was freezing my ass off, I had a sweater and jeans (I defiantly learned for when I go back next time) :lol:

Only in Green Bay.
Everywhere else they are building domed stadium. Hardest Packers tickets to get are when it snows :D

MichiganPackerFan
12-18-2009, 03:07 PM

All I do is give.

I thought that would get you.

This thread should be retitled: For those who go at Lambeau a lot.

I was more ewww at it disintegrating during the process and leaving the victim with a frozen crotchal region.

And good god red, that post made me cry!!

bbbffl66
12-18-2009, 03:22 PM

True dat.

NFC tile game 2 years ago, bottle beer frozen solid by time I got settled in my seat. Waste of 7 bucks! :cry: