PDA

View Full Version : Chris henry suffers life threatening injuries

red
12-16-2009, 05:41 PM
PFT is breaking this right now

Chris Henry suffers "very serious" injuries in car accident
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 16, 2009 5:45 PM ET
Bengals receiver Chris Henry has suffered "very serious" injuries in a car accident, according to a release from the team.

Henry is currently on injured reserve with a dislocated forearm. He was in Charlotte, North Carolina at the time of the accident. His girlfriend's parents live in Charlotte.

We'll update Henry's condition when more information is available. We wish Henry and his family all th

UPDATE: Charlotte police has confirmed Henry is injured, but did not reveal anything more.

UPDATE II: Henry is in serious condition in a Charlotte-area hospital. Bengals team spokesman Jack Brennan said the team is "on standby" to offer help for Henry's family.

UPDATE III: 700 WLW in Cincinnati cryptically tweets that "sources now say it doesn't look good." KY Post writes that "Preliminary reports indicate Henry may have also suffered severe head injuries."

While we wait for the facts to come out, we'd like to send our thoughts and best wishes to Henry and his family.

update

Henry has "life-threatening" injuries after "domestic situation"
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 16, 2009 6:25 PM ET
New information is rapidly coming out about Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry's serious car accident.

The Charlotte Observer reports that Henry is facing "life-threatening" injuries after falling out the back of a pickup truck in Charlotte Wednesday.

Police say Henry was involved in a "domestic situation" with his fiance. As Henry's fiance drove away from the home where the situation occurred, Henry jumped into the bed of the truck.

He fell out the back of the truck at some point after that and was found half a mile away.

We'll continue to update Henry's story as we learn more about his condition.

BF4MVP
12-16-2009, 06:06 PM
Oh my God..That's terrible. :(

Don't really know what to say other than thoughts and prayers

KYPack
12-16-2009, 06:27 PM
A troubled kid. He lives near here. He is nuts. I'm afraid he wasn't born to die a natural death.

Freak Out
12-16-2009, 06:36 PM
Man the guy sounds like s freaking stuntman. He jumped into the bed of a truck being driven by a angry/crazy woman?

Rastak
12-16-2009, 06:40 PM
Man the guy sounds like s freaking stuntman. He jumped into the bed of a truck being driven by a angry/crazy woman?

That is practically suicide. I hope he makes it through. Sounds really bad.

red
12-16-2009, 06:46 PM
he's on life support

also from pft

Chris Henry is on life support
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 16, 2009 7:07 PM ET
Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer has confirmed with the Bengals and Charlotte police that wide receiver Chris Henry is still alive following a serious car accident Wednesday.

Still, the news surrounding Henry is not good.

Alex Marvez of Fox reports that Henry is on life support and the situation is being described as "dire."

A fake Twitter account led to multiple outlets from newspapers to major sports and news blogs to repeat information that Henry passed away.

The fake account purported to be by a NFL reporter, but it clearly is a fake.

We previously passed along reports that Henry's injuries were "life-threatening" and came after a "domestic situation."

sheepshead
12-16-2009, 07:05 PM
Too young, let's hope it's a wake up call rather then a tragic ending.

SkinBasket
12-16-2009, 07:22 PM
Not to make light of someone probably dying but... Another life altering domestic dispute involving a "tiger?" Who's going to be the third?

cheesner
12-16-2009, 07:28 PM
That is practically suicide. I hope he makes it through. Sounds really bad.Once you make it into the bed of the pickup, I would think you would be pretty safe. He stayed in for a 1/2 mile. He was probably trying to climb into the door from the back or something.

Sad situation when you think of the talent this kid had and the opportunities that he wasted.

Maxie the Taxi
12-16-2009, 07:32 PM
he's on life support

also from pft

[quote]

A fake Twitter account led to multiple outlets from newspapers to major sports and news blogs to repeat information that Henry passed away.
quote]

This REALLY angers me and makes me wonder what kind of sick, twisted world we live in!

It's bad enough some jerk Twitters false news about this kind of subject.

What's worse is newspapers and news outlets report it as fact!!!!!!

Kiwon
12-16-2009, 08:04 PM
I'm sorry the kid is hurt.

I'm angry that these spoiled dip$hits keep hooking up with psycho chicks.

There's no real relationships, just self-centered people using each other.

(Move over, Dr. Phil, Kiwon's the new Life Coach in town :) )

Rastak
12-16-2009, 08:07 PM
You don't need to be rich and famous to hook up with a psycho chick.....I know this is a fact..... :wink:

MJZiggy
12-16-2009, 08:20 PM
It's bad enough some jerk Twitters false news about this kind of subject.

What's worse is newspapers and news outlets report it as fact!!!!!!

Don't get me started...I'd say it's tragic, but it sounds kind of intentional. I'll be interested in what actually happened.

Tony Oday
12-16-2009, 08:29 PM
You don't need to be rich and famous to hook up with a psycho chick.....I know this is a fact..... :wink:

+1 :)

I hope Henry pulls through but as was stated before he seemed like a guy that was not intended to die of old age...

Brando19
12-16-2009, 08:42 PM
Henry played college ball as a WV Mountaineer and I always root for him. He, along with another former Mountaineer Pacman Jones, seem to stay in trouble. I hope and pray he makes it through this and his life doesn't end this way.

Sparkey
12-16-2009, 09:05 PM

I can vouch as well. Although, the sex was crazy awesome with my nutzso gf, the rest was a major headache that I couldn't deal with anymore.

red
12-16-2009, 09:45 PM
doesn't sound to good for him, sounds like it might just be a matter of time

from PFT

Agent: Henry is "battling for his life"
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 16, 2009 9:32 PM ET
Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry is "battling for his life tonight," according to his agent Andy Simms.

Simms' words are just the latest to underscore the life and death nature of Henry's struggle. By all accounts, Henry remains on life support after getting thrown from the back of a truck earlier Wednesday following a domestic situation.

The more we hear about the situation, the more dire it sounds.

Dan Graziano of AOL Fanhouse quotes a source "with direct knowledge" of the situation: "We don't think he's going to make it."

Henry's mother and the rest of his family arrived in Charlotte, North Carolina Wednesday night. Henry was in Charlotte with his fiance, where her parents live.

We send Henry and his family our best wishes before this difficult night ahead.

Rastak
12-16-2009, 09:51 PM
No question this sucks.

Guiness
12-16-2009, 09:58 PM

Amen to that brother.

Stand me to a beer, and we'll swap stories!

As far as Henry - wow. What a freakin' mess, I wonder how she feels, if this was just a domestic, and she was trying to remove herself from the situation, and this ends up happening!

red
12-16-2009, 10:03 PM
NFL network is reporting that homicide detectives are the ones doing the investigating

that doesn't sound good

Rastak
12-16-2009, 10:26 PM
Kind of a gray area. Did she pitch the truck around until he flew out?

What a crappy story.

jmbarnes101
12-16-2009, 10:51 PM

Amen. My current and soon to be ex-wife fits this description to a T. In hindsight I'm not sure how it lasted 15 years though I feel sorry for my two daughters that are forced to live with her.

On the other hand, I hope that Chris Henry survives and things get better. i don't know how the woman could live with herself knowing she helped kill her fiancee.

Kiwon
12-17-2009, 12:14 AM
Oh my goodness.....,5 "me too" responses to my "psycho chick" comment....

I had no idea things were like that....please take no offense.

I guess I've been out of the game for too long (married 22 years).

Hope everyone has all their digits, you know, fingers, toes, etc, etc.

Fosco33
12-17-2009, 09:21 AM
Police confirmed he's dead. I've had a few instances of car riding in my day.... not safe.

When I was 15, my parents were selling a car on our property (5 acres).

These 2 16-yr olds came by and wanted to check out the car. Me and one of the potential buyers sat on the bumper (the car was parked at the end of a long drive way).

Well, the driver was apparently stupid or really high - because as we were going along at about 5 mph he gunned it to about 25 - I sensed the stupidity of the situation and was sliding off -- so I pushed myself into the grass (got scraped up ass - but nothing major).

The other stoner probably thought he could hold on... I looked back as he flew off the car and nailed his head on the gravel driveway. I tended to our injuries (the guy was bleeding out of his ears and had a huge welt on his noggin).

And then I told the driver - listen, I'll be happy to call the cops and they'll bust your dumb ass for having weed and driving intoxicated leading to your buddies serious injury - or you can get the fuck out of here and never come back. He chose the latter. I never told the parents how close I was to getting pretty badly hurt or that some dumbasses almost died on their property.

------------------------
Of course, we never learn our lesson. At 16, my buddy decided to surf on top of his parents minivan as me and another dude drove it in a parking lot. Cops busted us about as soon as we were ready to start. Somehow gave the driver and the surfer breaks (and didn't smell the whafting of ganja from the van).

-----------------------

One weekend in college we went up to visit friends at Twin Cities. Went to a frat pre-party and watched an extremely intoxicated person jump on the hood of a moving car and saw him fly off and hit the pavement. He was unconscious and bleeding out of his ear. And that was going like 10 mph.

Kiwon
12-17-2009, 09:28 AM
Dead at 26 and for what?

What a shame.

Badgerinmaine
12-17-2009, 09:33 AM
The Charlotte Observer is confirming that Mr. Henry is dead:
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/597/story/1128580.html?storylink=omni_popular

Here's the line in the story that made me bite my lip:

A woman who answered the door and identified herself as the fiancee's mother but declined to give her name Wednesday said Henry and his fiancee had been staying at the house while he was on injured reserve and they were making plans for their wedding.

My God, what an awful way to die, especially with someone with so much to live for. God bless his loved ones.

sheepshead
12-17-2009, 09:34 AM
I posted on here three times and the posts disappeared. What happened?

Badgerinmaine
12-17-2009, 09:36 AM
I posted on here three times and the posts disappeared. What happened?
Your "Too Young..." post is still there...

sheepshead
12-17-2009, 09:38 AM
No I posted he died and the post kept disappearing.. weird

MadScientist
12-17-2009, 10:16 AM
No I posted he died and the post kept disappearing.. weird
I did see your post, so it made it out at one point before vanishing.

As for this sad case, it really looked like he tried to get his life turned around, but something clearly happened. Grandma better be able to watch the kids, because the mom may be off to jail, unless she can convince the police that she feared for her life.

sheepshead
12-17-2009, 10:34 AM
It was censored. I got an email. All I was doing was passing news along I heard on the radio. I have some work to do today but I guess I needed to write an obituary so as not to offend others.

pbmax
12-17-2009, 12:22 PM
I must have missed something. Who do we think is psycho in this episode?

Fritz
12-17-2009, 12:25 PM

I can vouch as well. Although, the sex was crazy awesome with my nutzso gf, the rest was a major headache that I couldn't deal with anymore.

And if you marry them even the crazy awesome sex disappears...

bobblehead
12-17-2009, 12:27 PM

And if you marry them even the crazy awesome sex disappears...

Not really....but the life of headaches stays with it.

Airin' Rodgers
12-17-2009, 12:31 PM
RIP Chris Henry. What a tragic situation

get louder at lambeau
12-17-2009, 02:50 PM
It was censored. I got an email. All I was doing was passing news along I heard on the radio. I have some work to do today but I guess I needed to write an obituary so as not to offend others.

They censor stuff here? What kind of stuff is not allowed?

wpony
12-17-2009, 06:03 PM
Such a tragedy and and a waste of a great talent he died the way he lived on the edge and not making the wise choices my best wishes and sympathy go out to his family.

Scott Campbell
12-17-2009, 06:15 PM

I'm not allowed to say goatfuck.

jmbarnes101
12-17-2009, 07:10 PM

I'm not allowed to say goatfuck.

Absolutely hilarious though it seems very wrong for this thread.

green_bowl_packer
12-17-2009, 07:14 PM
911 Calls

http://bengals.fandome.com/video/116918/Police-Release-Two-Separate-911-Calls-From-Chris-Henry-Accident/?q=c

MJZiggy
12-17-2009, 07:43 PM

Probably cut and paste from JSO. They get fussy about copyright.

green_bowl_packer
12-17-2009, 08:52 PM
This story is getting sadder.

Chris Henry threatened to kill himself, witness says

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20091217/SPT02/312170071/1066/Henry+details+emerging

Rastak
12-17-2009, 09:08 PM
Wow, that is shitty....terrible story.

retailguy
12-17-2009, 09:30 PM
This is very, very sad. I can't even describe how awful I feel. Wasted talent, wasted life. Now 3 more kids grow up without a father, and, most likely, a mother too. jeez. :(

KYPack
12-17-2009, 09:34 PM
It sounds like he might have dove out of the pick-up onto his head.

This whole deal is so sad and so goofy all at the same time.

Rastak
12-17-2009, 09:36 PM

I read it was a section of the road with curves so the dude may have flown out on a turn.....don't jump into the bed of a pickup with your pissed off girlfriend driving. What a waste for everyone involved.

pbmax
12-17-2009, 09:37 PM

I read it was a section of the road with curves so the dude may have flown out on a turn.....don't jump into the bed of a pickup with your pissed off girlfriend driving. What a waste for everyone involved.
The odd thing is that riding back there is illegal in many areas, but I had heard Wisconsin is one state where it is legal. I wonder if that is true?

ThunderDan
12-17-2009, 09:39 PM

The odd thing is that riding back there is illegal in many areas, but I had heard Wisconsin is one state where it is legal. I wonder if that is true?

Your butt has to be on the floor of the truck to be legal in Wisconsin. No standing or sitting on the wheel well.

Fosco33
12-17-2009, 10:19 PM

The 911 call eye witness described a shirtless, crazy scene with Henry trying to bust through the back window. Having an arm in a cast doesn't help holding on...

Guiness
12-18-2009, 01:12 AM

Most of us have all 21 digits left. What many of us don't have is our kids.

Badgerinmaine
12-18-2009, 07:21 AM

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20091217/SPT02/312170071/1066/Henry+details+emerging
Wow. Sad beyond words. Whatever the stresses were that caused the original dispute cannot possibly compare to the lifetime of sadness his fiancee will feel now. :cry:

Scott Campbell
12-18-2009, 07:53 AM

Wow. Sad beyond words. Whatever the stresses were that caused the original dispute cannot possibly compare to the lifetime of sadness his fiancee will feel now. :cry:

Are they going to charge her?

SkinBasket
12-18-2009, 08:19 AM
Chris Henry must have been a wonderful person. I haven't seen this much wailing since the dancing pedophile stuffed himself full of pills.

Scott Campbell
12-18-2009, 02:38 PM
Neighbor Lee Hardy told WLWT-TV and The Cincinnati Enquirer that he was working in his yard when the truck left the driveway. Hardy said Henry was yelling that he needed to talk to the woman behind the wheel.

"He said, 'If you take off, I'm going to jump off the truck and kill myself,'" Hardy told the newspaper.

red
12-18-2009, 03:20 PM
sounds to me like he till wasn't quite right

to be honest i wasn't surprised at all when i found out he fell out of a truck and could die

just seemed like he was never ment to last too long

jmbarnes101
12-18-2009, 04:11 PM

QFT

MJZiggy
12-18-2009, 09:45 PM

QFTWow, that really sucks.

:(

wist43
12-18-2009, 11:35 PM
I guess I don't know how to explain this, so it would make sense to you "normal people" out there... I've started a couple of posts on this thread and ultimately decided I didn't know what to say - I still don't.

For someone in that much pain... in a way, I'm happy for him that's it's over; and, even in saying that, I know most you won't understand.

It's easy to sit in your barko lounger and judge... perhaps you came from a two-parent home, perhaps you didn't suffer abuse, perhaps you weren't raised amid drugs, alcohol. and murder, perhaps you actually received love during your formative years??? Something obviously went terribly wrong in his development.

One thing I can say with certainty is, none of us ever walked in Chris Henry's shoes. It was obvious he was a tortured soul... hopefully he can find some peace.

Fosco33
12-19-2009, 01:50 AM
I guess I don't know how to explain this, so it would make sense to you "normal people" out there... I've started a couple of posts on this thread and ultimately decided I didn't know what to say - I still don't.

For someone in that much pain... in a way, I'm happy for him that's it's over; and, even in saying that, I know most you won't understand.

It's easy to sit in your barko lounger and judge... perhaps you came from a two-parent home, perhaps you didn't suffer abuse, perhaps you weren't raised amid drugs, alcohol. and murder, perhaps you actually received love during your formative years??? Something obviously went terribly wrong in his development.

One thing I can say with certainty is, none of us ever walked in Chris Henry's shoes. It was obvious he was a tortured soul... hopefully he can find some peace.

I totally get what you're saying. But many 2 parent homes are dysfunctional and people still have to get by.

Look at Driver - a guy who lived in a moving van in a rough life...

You don't decide the cards you get dealt - but you can chose how to play them. It'd be easy for Driver to have ended up in prison or in a gang - or maybe with his althetic gifts - a troubled NFL player. But he didn't take the easy way.

Donald Driver was introduced to a life of poverty at an early age. After the family lost their possessions to a collection agency and his father to the prison system, Donald’s teenage years were marked with incidents of mere survival—stealing cars and selling them to chop blocks, dealing drugs, and living in the back of a U-Haul truck with his mother and four siblings when his mother wasn’t lucky enough to purchase a hotel room using the family’s food stamps.

Donald claims his life changed one day, while attempting to steal a car. The police were pursuing him, and as Driver recollects, “I turned the corner and a lady was backing out of her driveway. Me going at the speed that I was, I hit the car so hard that it just smashed it. I jumped out of the car. I must have had the police beat by a block or so. I took off running but something stopped me, to come back, to make sure the lady was OK. It was an older lady. She said she was OK, and I wanted to run after that. But the lady told me, ‘Go behind and sit on my porch.’ So I trusted her, I went and sat on the porch. When the cops came, they were searching for me and I was sitting on the porch like nothing was wrong. I guess she told the police (the driver) took off, running down the road. She told them, ‘My grandson is sitting on the back porch. “The police said, ‘He’s OK.’ Then she said, ‘Get in this house.’ She made me realize, ‘You don’t have to do all these things. You’re young.’”

Even after this incident, Driver still sold drugs, for his family needed the money. Donald’s life turned around however, when a good friend robbed him of his drugs and money at gunpoint. It was a wake-up call. Shortly after, at the age of fourteen, the family decided to send Donald to live with his grandmother, hoping he would receive a solid church upbringing and good education. While attending Houston’s Milby High School, Donald shined in football, though he also played baseball, basketball, and participated in track and field.

But from his site:

http://www.donalddriver80.com/Pages/Profile.html

In addition to being extraordinary on the field, Donald is also a true role model off the field. Persevering through incredible setbacks has sparked Donald to become one of the most active Green Bay Packers in the community; making over 300 appearances since his rookie 1999 season. In the spring of 2001, Donald and his wife Betina created the “Donald Driver Foundation”, which offers assistance to ill children with unmanageable hospital bills, provides housing for the homeless, and donates to a variety of local charities. In December of 2003, the foundation put two previously homeless families in new, fully furnished homes.

Donald has also donated much of his time and efforts to such institutions as Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin and Goodwill Industries. In 2001, Driver was awarded the “Community Service Award” by the Green Bay Chamber of Commerce in recognition of his outstanding community involvement.

Donald also received the Walter Payton Man of the Year award in 2002, the only NFL award that recognizes off-the-field community service as well as playing excellence. In 2005 he was awarded the Ed Block Courage award by his Green Bay teammates. If Donald Driver is a Pro Bowl player on the football field, he is surely an MVP in life.

Airin' Rodgers
12-19-2009, 02:10 AM
I knew i had heard that story somewhere, where did you get that from??

edit: never mind i got it.

Badgerinmaine
12-19-2009, 07:11 AM
I haven't heard anything yet, but the fact that the police homicide team is investigating suggests they might.

Scott Campbell
12-19-2009, 07:16 AM
I haven't heard anything yet, but the fact that the police homicide team is investigating suggests they might.

If she knew he was back there, I'm guessing manslaughter.

Scott Campbell
12-19-2009, 07:30 AM

Wist, are you reading more into this situation that we've read? I can't judge that he was a tortured soul, in constant emotional pain. All I've read is that he lost control during a heated argument, and made a snap decision that cost him his life. Now his kids will grow up fatherless. And he may have contributed to their mother doing jail time on his way out.

Maybe he's a guy that never could have pulled it together. Or maybe he could have. His teammates and the Bengals front office sure sound like they were betting on him making it. But now we'll never know - because of this brief moment of extreme stupidity.

wist43
12-19-2009, 10:09 AM

Wist, are you reading more into this situation that we've read? I can't judge that he was a tortured soul, in constant emotional pain. All I've read is that he lost control during a heated argument, and made a snap decision that cost him his life. Now his kids will grow up fatherless. And he may have contributed to their mother doing jail time on his way out.

Maybe he's a guy that never could have pulled it together. Or maybe he could have. His teammates and the Bengals front office sure sound like they were betting on him making it. But now we'll never know - because of this brief moment of extreme stupidity.

It is true many people overcome dysfunctional upbringing... but it's not easy. Henry just seemed destined for this kind of end.

How he died was not simply the result of a "snap decision", but rather the culmination of a lifetime (albeit a short lifetime, 26 years) of dysfunction and emotional distress.

Unfortunately for me, I've been around far too much of this type of behavior... some people can pull it together and at least function well enough to get on with their lives in a productive way; others stay alive by coping thru drugs and alcohol; others end up in jail, commit suicide, or meet some other ignominious end.

I guess my point would be that it's harder to outrun a bad upbringing or trauma in ones formative years than most people realize.

Scott Campbell
12-19-2009, 10:55 AM
I guess my point would be that it's harder to outrun a bad upbringing or trauma in ones formative years than most people realize.

Totally agreed. Though it's a lot easier if you don't jump out of the back of speeding pickup trucks.

retailguy
12-19-2009, 11:12 AM

Wist - what do you know about his "formative" years that I don't? I haven't read anything that suggests he got into trouble before his 2nd year of college.

While what you're saying is likely true, no one has ever talked about "trouble" before college. I've seen "humble beginnings" referred to, but never "disfunctional" or anything like that.

Clearly this was a kid that had trouble growing up, but I don't see anything that suggests it was because of a bad upbringing.

Can you elaborate?

Badgerinmaine
12-19-2009, 01:08 PM
If she knew he was back there, I'm guessing manslaughter.

I think that's a good guess. I think she would have known because he was supposedly banging on her back window. On the other hand, a witness heard him say that he would jump from the truck and kill himself if she did not come back, so if he really did jump, that might lessen her potential penalty.

wist43
12-19-2009, 01:14 PM

Wist - what do you know about his "formative" years that I don't? I haven't read anything that suggests he got into trouble before his 2nd year of college.

While what you're saying is likely true, no one has ever talked about "trouble" before college. I've seen "humble beginnings" referred to, but never "disfunctional" or anything like that.

Clearly this was a kid that had trouble growing up, but I don't see anything that suggests it was because of a bad upbringing.

Can you elaborate?

I don't know anything about his upbringing... for all I know, he came from a great family, and he went off track on his own, which does happen; but that isn't likely.

When you've lived around dysfunction and seen the psychological pain inflicted on children, and how that manifests itself thru adolescence and into adulthood, the patterns are readily apparent. Chris Henry exhibited all of those traits.

As for anyones upbringing... it's foundational to who we are as a person. It is why divorce is such a destructive social force. The adults may go their merry way, but for a child whose emotions, psychological makeup, and brain is still developing, it could mean a life long sentence of dysfunction, disassociation, emotional confusion, etc...

Most people find a way to cope, and go on with their lives, but some people can never pull it together, regardless of how hard they try, or how much help they receive.

GrnBay007
12-19-2009, 03:52 PM

Can you elaborate?

I don't know anything about his upbringing... for all I know, he came from a great family, and he went off track on his own, which does happen; but that isn't likely.

When you've lived around dysfunction and seen the psychological pain inflicted on children, and how that manifests itself thru adolescence and into adulthood, the patterns are readily apparent. Chris Henry exhibited all of those traits.

As for anyones upbringing... it's foundational to who we are as a person. It is why divorce is such a destructive social force. The adults may go their merry way, but for a child whose emotions, psychological makeup, and brain is still developing, it could mean a life long sentence of dysfunction, disassociation, emotional confusion, etc...

Most people find a way to cope, and go on with their lives, but some people can never pull it together, regardless of how hard they try, or how much help they receive.

I get what you are saying Wist. And even looking outside the whole upbringing thing, you may have mental health issues brought on by alcohol and drug use. Either way....until you walk in someones shoes.....

And really, is it fair to say the girlfriend is psycho? There are only 2 people that will ever know the whole truth...and one is dead. Maybe she was getting the shit kicked out of her and decided enough was enough. Probably didn't think it would end the way it did but once chaos and emotions kick in crazy stuff happens.

KYPack
12-19-2009, 04:28 PM

Can you elaborate?

I get what you are saying Wist. And even looking outside the whole upbringing thing, you may have mental health issues brought on by alcohol and drug use. Either way....until you walk in someones shoes.....

And really, is it fair to say the girlfriend is psycho? There are only 2 people that will ever know the whole truth...and one is dead. Maybe she was getting the shit kicked out of her and decided enough was enough. Probably didn't think it would end the way it did but once chaos and emotions kick in crazy stuff happens.

From what I heard, she was very mellow. Henry hit the league as a very young 21. The boys all called him "Slim". He was a very quiet guy that partied WAY too hard when he was young. He was cruising around town with a car full of under-age prostitutes, smoking blunts. After he got busted about 5 times & suspended & shit, he finally calmed down. If he would've stayed as wild as he started, he would have been dead before now.

Henry was from New Orleans and had to rid himself of some of his homies that came up to live with him after Katrina.

So...he calmed down 95%, but that remaining 5% wild still got him killed.

It's too bad. I don't think he was beating on Lena, they were just arguing and he did something crazy.

Again

For the last time.