PDA

View Full Version : Packers-Seahawks game tickets in Seattle?

oregonpackfan
04-08-2006, 06:30 AM
A couple of posters have contacted me about how to get tickets for the Packer-Seahawks game scheduled for Monday night, November 27, in Seattle.

The tickets will not go on sale until late July/early August. If you wish to be contacted by the organization for tickets, you can log onto this site:

http://www.seahawks.com/skedoptin.aspx

If you are interested in doing the tourist types of tours, you MUST see the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame. To do it right, allow yourself 3-4 hours for your visit there as there are many headphones to listen to the artists' music, some of which is not available to the general public. It is located next to the Space Needle.

Oregonpackfan

GBRulz
04-08-2006, 10:47 AM
I'll be at that game, Oregon! My nephew works for Boeing, moved out there about a year ago and I promised him I'd visit this year. Wish it wasn't a Monday night game though...but oh well.

oregonpackfan
04-08-2006, 11:14 AM
I'll be at that game, Oregon! My nephew works for Boeing, moved out there about a year ago and I promised him I'd visit this year. Wish it wasn't a Monday night game though...but oh well.

Perhaps I can meet you there, Michele.

I would advise you bring raingear that covers you from head to toe. The rainey season here in the Pacific Northwest begins in late October and runs through the end of June. Stadium officials will not allow you to bring an umbrella into the stadium. Besides, anyone who uses an umbrella out here is labeled an "outsider" by the natives!
Oregonpackfan

GBRulz
04-08-2006, 11:22 AM
Who brings umbrellas to games? That takes up precious hand space...ya know - that should be used to hold alcoholic beverages :)

The bad thing about going to the game with my nephew, of course we'll have to sit in the damn Seahawks section. I want to be in the nosebleeds with fellow Packer fans!! It's like an unwritten rule that the visitors usually get the crap seats, isn't it? :) Tampa Bay was that way at least when they got in their new stadium!!

MJZiggy
04-08-2006, 11:28 AM
I used to get great seats in the Sombrero, but I think the reason we got crappy seats in RJ is because the team suddenly got good and we had to fight all the bandwagoners for seats.

GBRulz
04-08-2006, 11:33 AM
I used to get great seats in the Sombrero, but I think the reason we got crappy seats in RJ is because the team suddenly got good and we had to fight all the bandwagoners for seats.

Right on, Zig. TB also changed the way they distributed tickets to out of state fans. I guess the moment when GB won the division on Tampa's turf and Dilfer whined changed things!

If my sister didn't live in FL - the only way that I could get tickets is paying through the nose.

MJZiggy
04-08-2006, 11:36 AM
Wish I'd have known you then!

oregonpackfan
04-08-2006, 11:45 AM
Michele,

I don't know about the seating arrangement at the stadium.

I do know that about 4-5 years ago, when the Packers played in Seattle, there were literally more Packer fans in the stadium than Sea Urchin fans. Holmgren was very PO'd about it.

Perhaps we can be part of history repeating itself this November 27th!

Oregonpackfan

GBRulz
04-09-2006, 09:18 PM
Not sure about this year Oregon - although I'd have no problem outnumbering the Seachickens.

however, Seattle fans seemed to come out of the woodwork last year, so who knows!

Question for you: Does Seattle sell out it's season tickets every year or is it pretty easy to get tickets to a game?

Also, I know visiting Packer fans get screwed over at certain stadiums as they won't sell tickets for just ONE game, you have to buy one or two other games as well. I know Cinci does that, but I've heard of it being handled that way at other stadiums, too. AZ maybe? I hope we don't run into that with Seattle....then again, my nephew lives there so he can always use the tickets.

oregonpackfan
04-09-2006, 11:33 PM
Michele,

Up until this past year, Seahawk fans were pretty fickle. The organization certainly did not sell out their season tickets in the past..

A couple of years ago, a friend of mine took the train from Portland to Seattle on a Sunday morning.(The train goes right by Seattle's stadium). He was able to buy two tickets the morning of the game. That scenario may have changed since the Sea Urchins made it to the Super Bowl last season.

I have not heard about the practice of out of state fans having to buy tickets to another game applying to the Seattle organization. That may apply this season. Again, the tickets will not go on sale until late July. We will have to find out the policy when the tickets finally become available.

It would not surprise me if owner Paul Allen tried that practice. He is losing many millions with his other team of the Portland Trailblazers(pro basketball). As the 7th richest man in the world, he had the gall to approach the Portland City Council for a financial bailout using city funds! Council members and Portland fans were outraged and showed him the door.

Oregonpackfan

Little Whiskey
04-10-2006, 12:28 PM
Also, I know visiting Packer fans get screwed over at certain stadiums as they won't sell tickets for just ONE game, you have to buy one or two other games as well. I know Cinci does that, but I've heard of it being handled that way at other stadiums, too. AZ maybe? I hope we don't run into that with Seattle....then again, my nephew lives there so he can always use the tickets.

add indy to your list. when gb played down in indy, i thought about getting tickets to the game, but you had to buy a preseason game inorder to by tickets to the GB game. it was the only game on their schedule that had the preseason game rule. pretty crappy if you ask me