PDA

View Full Version : Steelers are -2?

BlueBrewer
12-18-2009, 01:55 PM
The Steelers are -2 as of today. What is the reasoning given they are supposed to be without the Long Hair and Kemoiatu (sp)(gaurd). Any thoughts?

BallHawk
12-18-2009, 02:02 PM
It's in Pittsburgh.

sheepshead
12-18-2009, 02:12 PM
and they're due.

gbgary
12-18-2009, 02:17 PM
and they're the champs

mission
12-18-2009, 02:29 PM
and they're the champs

if you wanna be the champ...

you got to beat the champ!!!

GO PACK GO! :P

MadScientist
12-18-2009, 02:30 PM
And they had extra time to prepare for this game after the Cleavland failure.

mission
12-18-2009, 02:35 PM
this is a game i feel we'll lose... im not sure why, but it seems like the perfect setup.

if we come out, and handle it like we should, it will say a lot about our playoff chances and development.

denverYooper
12-18-2009, 02:45 PM
reputation.

I remember when the Packers beat the Steelers on Xmas Eve, 1995. I was listening to the game at work, sorting cans at the IGA. When they won that game, I felt that they had arrived as an elite team.

I wouldn't feel the same if they beat the Steelers this year.

Fosco33
12-18-2009, 03:10 PM
reputation.

I remember when the Packers beat the Steelers on Xmas Eve, 1995. I was listening to the game at work, sorting cans at the IGA. When they won that game, I felt that they had arrived as an elite team.

I clearly remember that 'gift'. A dropped TD pass by Thigpen.

His cousin or brother managed the Germantown Mc'D's - so we all went there and told him to thank Yancey for us.

Didn't the Steelers end up in the SuperBowl that year?

bbbffl66
12-18-2009, 03:13 PM
reputation.

I clearly remember that 'gift'. A dropped TD pass by Thigpen.

His cousin or brother managed the Germantown Mc'D's - so we all went there and told him to thank Yancey for us.

Didn't the Steelers end up in the SuperBowl that year?

I remember the play before when the Steelers got a gift spot for a 1st down. Thought the refs had screwed Christmas for Packer fans everywhere. Thiggy dropping it was karma!

ThunderDan
12-18-2009, 03:21 PM
The Steelers are -2 as of today. What is the reasoning given they are supposed to be without the Long Hair and Kemoiatu (sp)(gaurd). Any thoughts?

Put the kid's college savings on the Pack!!!

gbgary
12-18-2009, 03:53 PM
this is a game i feel we'll lose... im not sure why, but it seems like the perfect setup.

well...the Pack know that the steelers will be fighting for their playoff lives so they shouldn't be taking them lightly. the steelers have been struggling of late yes but if the Pack lose this one it'll be because they self destructed.

what does the all-knowing, all-seeing ty say?

swede
12-18-2009, 04:13 PM
These last five weeks have been a great ride, but we were pretty goll dang down on this same team when we lost to Tampa Bay. I think it is more accurate to think of Green Bay as a playoff contender than a wannabe, but we will slide right back into the pack in the NFC Wild Card race if we lose this one. And we are mightily at risk to lose this one.

Winning six in a row in the National Football League is a pretty rare stunt.

Having Pittsburgh lose six in a row would be a pretty rare thing as well.

Pittsburgh is at home.

Mike Tomlin is feeling some serious heat.

Pittsburgh has dealt us some ass-kickings in the past when we didn't expect them to, and they've won six of the last eight against us. They are wounded, but they are dangerous and they just may figure out how to defend without Troy.

It comes down to whether or not this team has the stones to write down all of the negative intangibles on a piece of paper, crumple it up into a little ball, and then shove it up Karma's ass by taking care of business in Pittsburgh.

If we can do that, Big Mo is suddenly a Packer fan heading into the playoffs.

If we can't do that I have a feeling there will be a lot of MM bashing in here again because we'll be just another team hoping we don't blow our chance to get into the playoffs

Packers4Ever
12-18-2009, 09:01 PM

if we come out, and handle it like we should, it will say a lot about our playoff chances and development.

Don't forget, mission, a whole lot of us

thought the Cows would kick our butts too ! :wink:

Tyrone Bigguns
12-19-2009, 01:29 AM

well...the Pack know that the steelers will be fighting for their playoff lives so they shouldn't be taking them lightly. the steelers have been struggling of late yes but if the Pack lose this one it'll be because they self destructed.

what does the all-knowing, all-seeing ty say?

Ty rarely bets on GB games..as it is hard to remain objective.

Ty thinks it is hard to pick against the Steelers...losing 6 in a row..not going to happen. But, then again, they have looked terrible....and part of Ty says they shouldn't have won the SB last year...and that they are an average team.

Ty would ask anyone, what kind of team is pittsburgh offensively? What is their identity. They really don't have one.

Ty would bet on the Pack.

Ty would feel much better betting on the Saints, the Vikes, and the Cards this weekend. Ty doesn't usually say take the parlay...but, do it this week. All 3 games are locks!!

KYPack
12-19-2009, 10:11 AM
Uncle Ty has hit some nails on the head. The Steelers are a passing team that doesn't throw the ball well and has dinged-up QB's.

Troy P is such a huge difference maker, his absence further handicaps the Black and Gold.

If this was in Wi, the Pack would win by ten. In the Burgh, it's a coin flip.

MJZiggy
12-19-2009, 10:15 AM
I wonder if the Pittsburgh fans are shoveling out the stadium to get ready for the game...(if they are they need to come and do my driveway)

Maxie the Taxi
12-19-2009, 10:39 AM
If we can't do that I have a feeling there will be a lot of MM bashing in here again because we'll be just another team hoping we don't blow our chance to get into the playoffs

I bashed MM after the Tampa game for good reason.

He allowed his team to become complacent. His playcalling was deficient. He had foresaken the running game. The team seemed rudderless.

If the team goes into Pittsburgh and exhibits the same behavior, yes I'll bash McStubby for it. He'll deserve it.

On the other hand, if the team battles hard and smart and gets beat by the better team or a ball that doesn't bounce their way, I'll shut up.

Right now I think the better team is the Packers...

IF their special teams don't give up a score or a ton of field position; and

IF a swarming Steeler defense doesn't get to Arod; and

IF the Packers don't get a turnover or two.

Pittsburgh is the top Rushing defense in the league, but if McStubby abandons the run and has Arod in the shot gun all day, the Packers will lose no matter how good the Packers' defense performs.

3irty1
12-19-2009, 11:56 AM
and they're the champs

Disagree. Pittsburgh was the defending champs.

In my mind Football works like wrestling in that you must defend your title every week. So...

Pittsburgh lost its title to Chicago in week two, Chicago lost it to Atlanta week six, who lost it to Dallas the next week, who in turn lost it to us in week 10. We haven't lost since!

I say we are the defending champs!

MJZiggy
12-19-2009, 12:19 PM
and they're the champs

In my mind Football works like wrestling in that you must defend your title every week. So...

Pittsburgh lost its title to Chicago in week two, Chicago lost it to Atlanta week six, who lost it to Dallas the next week, who in turn lost it to us in week 10. We haven't lost since!

I like your logic...

Fritz
12-19-2009, 01:07 PM
reputation.

I remember that game very well. I was listening to it on the radio (it was a national radio game) while I wrapped Christmas presents. I could hardly cut the wrapping paper because I was so worked up about the game.

And even though the Packers won, I didn't really feel great about it, because Yancy Thigpen dropped a wide-open, game-winning touchdown pass. Apparently no Packer defender was within five yards of the guy, the pass was on the money...and he dropped it.

ThunderDan
12-19-2009, 02:01 PM
and they're the champs

That's some good $hit!

Guiness
12-20-2009, 01:56 PM
I bashed MM after the Tampa game for good reason.

He allowed his team to become complacent. His playcalling was deficient. He had foresaken the running game. The team seemed rudderless.

If the team goes into Pittsburgh and exhibits the same behavior, yes I'll bash McStubby for it. He'll deserve it.

On the other hand, if the team battles hard and smart and gets beat by the better team or a ball that doesn't bounce their way, I'll shut up.

Right now I think the better team is the Packers...

IF their special teams don't give up a score or a ton of field position; and

IF a swarming Steeler defense doesn't get to Arod; and

IF the Packers don't get a turnover or two.

Pittsburgh is the top Rushing defense in the league, but if McStubby abandons the run and has Arod in the shot gun all day, the Packers will lose no matter how good the Packers' defense performs.

Agree with you 100%.

After the Tampa game, I wasn't sure MM was the guy we wanted as our coach whatsoever. To lose that game, with such a talent gap, etc, was inexcusable. I still think it is, and still have reservations. The game against Chicago, despite being a win, did little to alleviate that. In the end, we overwhelmed them, but it shouldn't have been a game going into the 4th quarter.

He has, however, found winning ways with the current streak so obviously I'm not screaming anymore. He should be able to go into Pittsburgh and take care of business. I don't buy the 'if the swarming defense doesn't get to Arod' because if they do, I'd chalk that up to poor play calling. If the defense appears to be 'swarming' it's because we haven't kept them honest.

ThunderDan
12-21-2009, 03:17 PM
and they're the champs

I guess after the game Pittsburg is the defending champs again.

ThunderDan
12-21-2009, 03:18 PM

My kid can now afford a private school tuition. If GB misses the 2 point conversion he goes to community college.

TennesseePackerBacker
12-21-2009, 03:23 PM

My kid can now afford a private school tuition. If GB misses the 2 point conversion he goes to community college.

You could've made double if you'd listened to me and placed a bet on the over 41.5. Just think, you could send him to a private college and pay off the mortgage(or spend it all on hookers and blow).

ThunderDan
12-21-2009, 03:24 PM

You could've made double if you'd listened to me and placed a bet on the over 41.5. Just think, you could send him to a private college and pay off the mortgage(or spend it all on hookers and blow).

I put all the money on the spread. Nothing left for the over/under. :lol: