PDA

View Full Version : Jarrett Bush- worst pack player EVER

red
12-20-2009, 08:14 PM
he's got my vote

he's a walking F@ck up. i don't understand how he's lasted 4 years in the nfl. he doesn't have a knack for the game at all

its like watching the nerd in grade school being forced to play sports in gym class. he's just completely out of his element on the football field

pbmax
12-20-2009, 08:17 PM
he's got my vote

he's a walking F@ck up. i don't understand how he's lasted 4 years in the nfl. he doesn't have a knack for the game at all

its like watching the nerd in grade school being forced to play sports in gym class. he's just completely out of his element on the football field
He did have a great block on the gunner and drove him out of bounds all the while disguising a hold. Someone taught him that well.

Badgerinmaine
12-20-2009, 08:20 PM
Ah, how quickly they forget Estus Hood...
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/ilsu/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/212952.jpeg

Ol' Estus made Bush look like Ronnie Lott. 8-)

Willard
12-20-2009, 08:25 PM
TJ Rubley anyone?

Brando19
12-20-2009, 08:32 PM
I have to agree with Red. Does TT have Ahmad Carrol's phone number? Because I would MUCH rather have him playing D than Bush.

red
12-20-2009, 08:34 PM
I have to agree with Red. Does TT have Ahmad Carrol's phone number? Because I would MUCH rather have him playing D than Bush.

yes, i hated carrol, but he was a much better CB compared to bush

and carrol was horrible. what does that say about bush

bobblehead
12-20-2009, 09:22 PM
Bush broke camp the 6th CB. He wasn't supposed to see the field. Injuries to Lee, Blackman, and Harris make him the nickel....what can you do?

SkinBasket
12-20-2009, 09:25 PM
Bush broke camp the 6th CB. He wasn't supposed to see the field. Injuries to Lee, Blackman, and Harris make him the nickel....what can you do?

Not match his motherfucking RFA offer would be the first step.

greensled
12-20-2009, 09:26 PM
Reminds me of ole #37. Suckass Tyrone Williams.

red
12-20-2009, 09:26 PM

i just find it hard to believe there isn't anyone out there anywhere thats better then him.

like they just said on the radio, he's completely clueless

yes bush started as our #6 cb, but in no way should he have ever become a #5 or higher. as soon as the first cb ahead of him went down the panic button should have been pushed and there should have been open tryouts for a new CB

bush should never have even been an option on defense. if they wanted to keep him for special teams, fine. leave him there. he does not belong on the defense

red
12-20-2009, 09:29 PM

Not match his motherfucking RFA offer would be the first step.

LOL, i forgot about that

someone actually was willing to take him off our hands. we all were celebrating. and all of a sudden tT stuns the world and matches

i remember i was willing to send a pick to the team that was willing to take him

Fritz
12-20-2009, 09:38 PM
Torrance Marshall

Bretsky
12-20-2009, 10:06 PM

i just find it hard to believe there isn't anyone out there anywhere thats better then him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/08/saints-drop-chris-mcalister/

Spaulding
12-21-2009, 09:06 AM
Torrance Marshall

Ding, ding, ding - we have a winner. Did this guy every have more than measureables? Zero football instincts is not a receipe for success in the NFL.

Fritz
12-21-2009, 09:13 AM
I'm not sure I understand this man love for Chris McAllister. The Saints, who are thin in the secondary, sign the guy. He plays, what, a few weeks? And they cut him.

And now he's the answer? What makes anyone think that he'd be better than Josh Bell? He's done. He's toast.

The Lions are decimated in the secondary. They haven't signed him.

Hey, Herb Adderly was good in his day, but you wouldn't sign him now just cuz he used to be good.

Noodle
12-21-2009, 09:21 AM
I thought Torrance Marshall was going to be a great football player for the Pack. He had been a stud at Oklahoma, made key plays all season long during their national championship run, including a great pick six to save the season against A&M, and was named the MVP of the Orange Bowl for a lights out performance against FSU.

Of course, the fact that the kid, who was a Miami native, couldn't play for The U because of academic reasons (seriously) should have tipped me that he might have problems at the pro level.

But he must be given some love, as he was the subject of one of the weirdest threads ever at JSO. And that's saying something.

pbmax
12-21-2009, 09:22 AM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/08/saints-drop-chris-mcalister/
Bretsky, you are in love with his name and your memory of him. Pay attention to the verb, not the object in the PFT headline. The Saints need help and McCallister couldn't provide it.

Pugger
12-21-2009, 09:29 AM
TJ Rubley anyone?

+1 :lol:

Patler
12-21-2009, 09:44 AM
There are lots of teams that need help in their defensive backfields. The only way to find an upgrade at this point is if there is a good player just getting ready after an injury, like Mike McKenzie (or Tauscher in the O-line). Anyone who is and has been available for any length of time is not likely to do much for you.

Remember too that Underwood was out this game with a hip problem. Not that he is a great corner or anything close, but he has more practice reps in this defense than Bell, and more practice reps at corner this year than Bush, in all likelihood.

Woodson
Harris
Williams
Blackmon
Lee
Underwood
Trevor Ford

You're at #8 on the preseason depth chart before you get to Bush as a corner or guys like Bell. Bush has probably passed Ford on the corner depth chart, but I doubt bell has.

MadScientist
12-21-2009, 11:28 AM
Torrance Marshall
Jude Waddy TM predecessor in all aspects.

The Shadow
12-21-2009, 11:34 AM
Estus Hood

Brandon494
12-21-2009, 11:41 AM
Don't just blame Bush, the whole secondary played like shit last night including C Wood.

Bretsky
12-21-2009, 11:41 AM
Estus Hood
Michael Hawthorne
Michael Hawkins

The Leaper
12-21-2009, 06:40 PM
There has to be a young CB on someone's practice squad who is better than Bush...I'd be as useful on the field as Bush, so that means you get rid of him yesterday.

red
12-21-2009, 08:48 PM
There has to be a young CB on someone's practice squad who is better than Bush...I'd be as useful on the field as Bush, so that means you get rid of him yesterday.

i've seen it mention a few times the last two days that somehow bush doesn't suck too bad because at the start of the season he was only the #6 or #8 cb. and that he's only playing because of injuries

and IMO he's only listed as a cb because there is no ST listing for player positions. jerrett bush should not be an option for cb when other cb's get injured. he is not a CB. bush is as much of a cb and chad clifton is

clifton should only play tackle, and bush should only play on special teams

neither should ever play a different position

its like mason crosby playing nose tackle. some people just can't play some positions and shouldn't

bush shouldn't play anything other then gunner, he has no clue how to do anything else

Carolina_Packer
12-21-2009, 09:31 PM
To go a little diffeent direction on this one, I'd say for what he was supposed to be where he was drafted, Tony Mandarich. Can you argue with that? If you look at the HOF'ers from that draft that were drafted top 5, he was a complete failure by comparison. Ah, the cautionary tale of 'roids.

Maxie the Taxi
12-22-2009, 11:57 AM
My nominee for worst Packer ever is QB Frank Patrick.

Don Horn, Zeke Bratkowski, and Bart Starr were ending their careers. Scott Hunter, Jerry Tagge, Rick Norton and Frank Patrick were the future.

Patrick was 6'7", 225 lbs. He looked like Herman Munster under center and played pretty much like him too.

He was on the roster from 1970-72. He played in 4 games and had a career QB rating of 14.2.

Or how about Dennis Claridge or Duke Carlisle, QB's from the early-mid 60's.

Our QB's back then really, really sucked. Although I like Scott Hunter. He handed off well to Brockington and McArthur Lane. :)

Willard
12-22-2009, 12:46 PM
My nominee for worst Packer ever is QB Frank Patrick.

Don Horn, Zeke Bratkowski, and Bart Starr were ending their careers. Scott Hunter, Jerry Tagge, Rick Norton and Frank Patrick were the future.

Patrick was 6'7", 225 lbs. He looked like Herman Munster under center and played pretty much like him too.

He was on the roster from 1970-72. He played in 4 games and had a career QB rating of 14.2.

Or how about Dennis Claridge or Duke Carlisle, QB's from the early-mid 60's.

Our QB's back then really, really sucked. Although I like Scott Hunter. He handed off well to Brockington and McArthur Lane. :)
Where's the love for Jim Del Gaizo (sp?)? Of course, the John Hadl trade cleaned up the post-Starr QB chaos......or maybe not!