PDA

View Full Version : Favre disses Chilly

MOBB DEEP
12-21-2009, 06:36 AM
LOL that the clown told chilly he wasnt coming out of the game

Apparently childress wanted him to come out because he was gettn HAMMERED by peppers, et. al

However, he tells chilly "Im stayn in the game. Im playing!"

Could be that he wasnt moving the offense even a little bit :?:

Now, if he was Randy Moss being insubordinate.....hmmmm...

The ship be sinking

Scott Campbell
12-21-2009, 07:02 AM
And now comes word that Chilly tried to bench Favre against Detroit too.

The diva explains:

"But in no way being up 7-6 and being banged around a little bit, would I consider coming out. I don’t even know if I would consider that being down 70-6. But winning the ballgame. I don’t know. ... But believe me, I wanted to get something going, I wanted to score points. I don’t know the answer to that question of what his reasonings were."

I can't even make stuff up this good.

Pugger
12-21-2009, 07:49 AM
How shocking! :roll: This just confirmed what we all suspected all along = Favre is running the show in Minneapolis, just like he tried to do in GB until MM and TT told #4 to shut the hell up and just play QB.

mraynrand
12-21-2009, 08:44 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_zPNktjVowzE/SWArXWwheOI/AAAAAAAABbk/mJS4YEe1tQE/s400/brokenWagon.JPG

Fritz
12-21-2009, 09:15 AM
Wow.

It's a little later than we all thought it would be, but the cracks are appearing.

mngolf19
12-21-2009, 09:50 AM
Just doing what I said before the season. Chilly will both protect Favre whenever possible during the game, and will do whatever is necessary to win games. (including benching him if it is necessary) I don't see how this means Favre is running the show, I see this as Chilly getting close to pulling him if he thinks someone can do better. If the #2 spot gets any tighter and if the offense isn't moving and/or Favre not playing well, then he'll likely get pulled.

denverYooper
12-21-2009, 09:53 AM
Just doing what I said before the season. Chilly will both protect Favre whenever possible during the game, and will do whatever is necessary to win games. (including benching him if it is necessary) I don't see how this means Favre is running the show, I see this as Chilly getting close to pulling him if he thinks someone can do better. If the #2 spot gets any tighter and if the offense isn't moving and/or Favre not playing well, then he'll likely get pulled.

You'd better find some wood to knock on :).

HarveyWallbangers
12-21-2009, 10:00 AM

Ummm... he didn't pull him.

Scott Campbell
12-21-2009, 10:01 AM
Childress:

Mr. Favre, we'd really like to put Tavaris Jackson in now to play QB for us. Would that be ok?

mngolf19
12-21-2009, 10:02 AM

Ummm... he didn't pull him.

Not this time. Read my last sentence.

Scott Campbell
12-21-2009, 10:04 AM
I think Darrel Bevell needs to remind Chilly who's running this team.

Scott Campbell
12-21-2009, 10:06 AM
I expect the Vikings will fine Childress over this - conduct detrimental to Favre.

mngolf19
12-21-2009, 10:08 AM
I'm thinking Chilly saw the tackles getting owned by Peppers all game and figured a more mobile QB could help. It's not like Favre was problem, he just may not have been the solution last night.

imscott72
12-21-2009, 10:10 AM
and if the offense isn't moving and/or Favre not playing well, then he'll likely get pulled.

Wasn't this happening last night? You can make what you want of it, but Favre said in his own words that Chilly wanted to take him out and Favre said "I'm playing". Yes it does look like Favre is the one running the show. Trust me, we know what that's like here, and it's going in indeed question Chilly's leadership on the team, but didn't we know all along that Chilly isn't a true leader? Knowing Favre and Chilly, none of this is all that surprising.

imscott72
12-21-2009, 10:11 AM
I'm thinking Chilly saw the tackles getting owned by Peppers all game and figured a more mobile QB could help. It's not like Favre was problem, he just may not have been the solution last night.

You're exactly right, but most coaches wouldn't be scared to do it if their QB didn't agree.

mngolf19
12-21-2009, 10:16 AM
and if the offense isn't moving and/or Favre not playing well, then he'll likely get pulled.

Wasn't this happening last night? You can make what you want of it, but Favre said in his own words that Chilly wanted to take him out and Favre said "I'm playing". Yes it does look like Favre is the one running the show. Trust me, we know what that's like here, and it's going in indeed question Chilly's leadership on the team, but didn't we know all along that Chilly isn't a true leader? Knowing Favre and Chilly, none of this is all that surprising.

Considering the Vikes were winning at halftime, I can understand Favre's arguement along with don't most starters want to play all the time? The "I'm playing" statement we hear in lots of sports, nothing new. I'm just saying that if the situation arises again, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get pulled. And frankly wouldn't have a problem with it. Favre can't overcome bad play by tackles as well as he used to so why not try something else. I think that is why Jackson is the backup every game over Rosenfels.

pbmax
12-21-2009, 10:21 AM
Better question is why did this not come up during the Arizona game; a game that was further out of reach.

imscott72
12-21-2009, 10:23 AM
Better question is why did this not come up during the Arizona game; a game that was further out of reach.

Maybe it did? I guess we'll never know, but who knows if Chilly did or didn't approach Brett about coming out of that game.

Scott Campbell
12-21-2009, 10:27 AM

Considering the Vikes were winning at halftime, I can understand Favre's arguement along with don't most starters want to play all the time? The "I'm playing" statement we hear in lots of sports, nothing new. I'm just saying that if the situation arises again, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get pulled. And frankly wouldn't have a problem with it. Favre can't overcome bad play by tackles as well as he used to so why not try something else. I think that is why Jackson is the backup every game over Rosenfels.

There's no flaw whatsoever in that logic.

But this was a case of insubordination. Not good.

mngolf19
12-21-2009, 10:47 AM
I'll be VERY interested in seeing what happens Monday night in Chi. Vikes are now 2-3 on grass and that will be very cold. Good Favre or Bad Favre? Chi cares or continues to not show up? Vikes straighten out their tackles or what?

imscott72
12-21-2009, 10:49 AM
I'll be VERY interested in seeing what happens Monday night in Chi. Vikes are now 2-3 on grass and that will be very cold. Good Favre or Bad Favre? Chi cares or continues to not show up? Vikes straighten out their tackles or what?

I'd be pretty surprised if Chicago didn't show up for that game. I think y'all are a close second to rivalries with them behind us. Monday night to boot. Should be fun.

mngolf19
12-21-2009, 10:56 AM

I'd be pretty surprised if Chicago didn't show up for that game. I think y'all are a close second to rivalries with them behind us. Monday night to boot. Should be fun.

I never hear that though here in Chi or when I lived in MN. Vikes fans look at Chi almost like they do Det. Only difference is they feel a little sorry for Det. Haven't felt any animosity towards Chi since Ditka left.

The Shadow
12-21-2009, 11:35 AM
A leopard does not change spots.

sharpe1027
12-21-2009, 11:37 AM

Spin it how you like. Basically, the only way Chilly can pull Favre is if Chilly can convince Favre that he has a good argument for why he needs to be pulled? That doesn't sound like "nothing new" to me. It sounds pretty strange.

Favre thinks he is above the team and Chilly's a patsy. Have fun with that dynamic.

Fritz
12-21-2009, 11:42 AM
That Monday night game in Chicago, in the cold, on the grass, will be a great opportunity for Favre to show that the old song and dance about him not playing well in December is just a chimera.

Let the game begin!

Bretsky
12-21-2009, 11:43 AM
The question I have.......was........

Was Chilly pulling Favre because he was playing poorly or because he was getting hammered left and right by the Panthers D and Julius Peppers ? Assuming it was the first but can anybody confirm ??

Fritz
12-21-2009, 11:44 AM
I thought it was the latter - he was trying to protect Favre.

sharpe1027
12-21-2009, 11:45 AM

Was Chilly pulling Favre because he was playing poorly or because he was getting hammered left and right by the Panthers D and Julius Peppers ? Assuming it was the first but can anybody confirm ??

I doubt there will ever be a public statement that it was because of his poor play, regardless of the real reason.

Scott Campbell
12-21-2009, 11:54 AM

I doubt there will ever be a public statement that it was because of his poor play, regardless of the real reason.

What we should see now his heavy doses of damage control. Believe nothing.

bobblehead
12-21-2009, 12:32 PM
Silly rats, that is just brett being brett. The man is a competitor, a warrior. He isn't going to come out of a game just cuz he is taking a few hits (other than NE in '06 and Dallas in '07).

Look, brett relearned a lesson when he tossed a tantrum and took the pine against dallas cuz his play was embarrassing (don't care what anyone says, he was not hurt that game, the look on his face on the sideline said it all). ARod showed what he had in that game and it ultimately made the team confident enough to let brett go. Do you really think he is going to come out of a game and have TJack come in and play better than he is thus causing a huge controversy? NO EFFFIN WAY!!

mngolf19
12-21-2009, 12:38 PM

It was the latter, but I also think a more mobile QB might have changed things abit as well. Favre was not the problem.

Sharpe, Chilly has already made changes where a player is failing. Pro Bowl McKinnie sucked last night and was benched. AP fumbling suddenly does not get as many of the carries in "critical" situations, more go to Taylor. Favre has no history with MN, the fans, players that requires him to stay in no matter what.(from Chilly's perspective) They want to win, period. You do what you have to. While winning no longer helps Chilly keep his job, it does help with trying to get a new stadium.

I also agree with you Bobble.

Scott Campbell
12-21-2009, 12:47 PM
Silly rats, that is just brett being brett. The man is a competitor, a warrior. He isn't going to come out of a game just cuz he is taking a few hits (other than NE in '06 and Dallas in '07).

Look, brett relearned a lesson when he tossed a tantrum and took the pine against dallas cuz his play was embarrassing (don't care what anyone says, he was not hurt that game, the look on his face on the sideline said it all). ARod showed what he had in that game and it ultimately made the team confident enough to let brett go. Do you really think he is going to come out of a game and have TJack come in and play better than he is thus causing a huge controversy? NO EFFFIN WAY!!

Not coming out is causing a huge controversy.

sharpe1027
12-21-2009, 01:08 PM

It was the latter, but I also think a more mobile QB might have changed things abit as well. Favre was not the problem.

Sharpe, Chilly has already made changes where a player is failing. Pro Bowl McKinnie sucked last night and was benched. AP fumbling suddenly does not get as many of the carries in "critical" situations, more go to Taylor. Favre has no history with MN, the fans, players that requires him to stay in no matter what.(from Chilly's perspective) They want to win, period. You do what you have to. While winning no longer helps Chilly keep his job, it does help with trying to get a new stadium.

Yeah, Chilly made other changes with other players. How do you explain that when he tried to implement the same change at QB it didn't happen?

Favre has no history in MN, so what? Clearly he has enough of "something" to overrule his coach's decisions.

You justify their actions because you want to believe in your guys. As Packer fans, we know where you are right now, we've been there. The sooner you snap out of it and see it for what it is, the better. :lol:

Bossman641
12-21-2009, 01:09 PM

I don't remember Chilly chauffering any of those players around town

Scott Campbell
12-21-2009, 01:28 PM

Yeah, Chilly made other changes with other players. How do you explain that when he tried to implement the same change at QB it didn't happen?

Favre has no history in MN, so what? Clearly he has enough of "something" to overrule his coach's decisions.

You justify their actions because you want to believe in your guys. As Packer fans, we know where you are right now, we've been there. The sooner you snap out of it and see it for what it is, the better. :lol:

Does anyone else think that Favre might fire Chilly mid season?

mraynrand
12-21-2009, 01:34 PM

I never hear that though here in Chi or when I lived in MN. Vikes fans look at Chi almost like they do Det. Only difference is they feel a little sorry for Det. Haven't felt any animosity towards Chi since Ditka left.

This is consistent with everything we've ever heard: The Packers are the main rivals for Detroit, Chicago, and Minnesota - as it's always been.

Still the Bears have become shitty against the run, but they still are beastly against the pass. If they can stop AD just a wee bit, they might get to tee off on Favre. Can't wait.

sharpe1027
12-21-2009, 01:40 PM

Only if he feels that his buddy Bevell can carry the load. Otherwise he'll probably wait until the off season. That way Favre can use his effective passive-aggressive moves to force Chilly to retire out of frustration after five retirements in the same year.

mngolf19
12-21-2009, 01:52 PM

Only if he feels that his buddy Bevell can carry the load. Otherwise he'll probably wait until the off season. That way Favre can use his effective passive-aggressive moves to force Chilly to retire out of frustration after five retirements in the same year.

As long as they win, I'm ok with it. :)

mraynrand
12-21-2009, 01:54 PM

Nah, Chilly probably has embarrassing pictures of Favre he could release if Favre fires him.

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/Chillylegs.jpg

imscott72
12-21-2009, 06:07 PM
the plot thickens..

Childress previously tried twice to bench Favre twice
Posted by Mike Florio on December 21, 2009 6:51 PM ET
As it turns out, last night's failed effort by coach Brad Childress to bench quarterback Brett Favre wasn't the first attempt to yank Favre off the field.

Per separate reports from ESPN and the Minneapolis Star Tribune, Childress previously tried to pull Favre on two other occasions.

Per ESPN, the first one came on October 5 against the Packers, after Favre audibled to a long pass late in a game that the Vikings led by 10 points with 3:27 to play. We criticized the decision at the time, though it wasn't clear whether Childress called the deep pass at a time when the Vikes could have milked the clock, or whether Favre had changed the play at the line in order to further "stick it" to Green Bay G.M. Ted Thompson.

Chilldress reportedly was furious, but offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell persuaded Chilly to chill out.

When Favre learned of the near-benching, he confronted Childress, who blamed it on the emotion of the game.

Then, on November 15, Childress tried to do it again early in a 27-10 win over the Lions.

On the prior two occasions, Favre didn't say anything about it to he media. This time, however, he popped off -- and that apparently caused Chilly to blow a gasket, according to Tom Powers of the St. Paul Pioneer Press. Powers believes that he was in the vicinity of the visiting coach's office last night when Childress learned about Favre's comments -- and that Childress emerged from the office "like a wild man" and "went ballistic."

Bottom line? It's a mess right now in Minnesota, and that's good news for ESPN, since the Monday Night Football slate ends next week with a suddenly spiced-up game between the Vikings and the Bears.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/21/childress-previously-tried-twice-to-bench-favre-twice/

red
12-21-2009, 06:11 PM
i just saw that too scott

its nice to watch "as the world turns" when its happening to a hated team

come on brett, endear yourself to packer fans again by making the queens implode

mission
12-21-2009, 06:14 PM
this is really awesome. that's all I can really say about it.

awesome.

go brett!

somehow warms my cackles. :D

imscott72
12-21-2009, 06:19 PM
It's bittersweet no doubt. Next Monday should be quite interesting.

Fritz
12-21-2009, 06:21 PM
Merry Christmas, Packer fans.

bobblehead
12-21-2009, 06:23 PM
Just when i thought it would take ten years to love BF again he proves me wrong....GO BRETT GO!!!

Fritz
12-21-2009, 06:25 PM
Next step: an interview in which both say it's much ado about nothing.

packers11
12-21-2009, 06:53 PM
Next step: an interview in which both say it's much ado about nothing.

Greta part 3 :wink:

vince
12-21-2009, 09:32 PM
http://www.twincities.com/ci_14043094?nclick_check=1

Later on, I caught up with Childress as he returned from the shower and was walking into the visiting coach's office. It was just me, Childress and his towel. Standing in the doorway, I basically asked for a comment with regards to Favre announcing that he refused to come out of the game. Before Childress could answer, Bob Hagan, the team's director of public relations, pushed past me and slammed the door.

A couple of minutes later, a previously docile Childress stormed out of the office like a wild man, still clutching the towel around his waist. He made a sharp turn into the assistant coaches' office and went ballistic. I don't know who was in there or what he said. But by the decibel level, it was clear he was furious...

What happened? One guess is that Childress was unaware of Favre's comments and, when informed, went ballistic.

vince
12-21-2009, 09:43 PM
Favre got it all wrong. Chilly pulling him from the game was just a stream of consciousness (http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/7731/transcript-childress-on-favre). :lol:

MOBB DEEP
12-22-2009, 02:25 AM

Nah, Chilly probably has embarrassing pictures of Favre he could release if Favre fires him.

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/Chillylegs.jpg

HILARIOUS

vince
12-22-2009, 05:22 AM
http://www.twincities.com/ci_14038891

Childress lashed out at his offense at halftime, after the unit had mustered just 66 net yards and struggled to run or pass the ball.

He cursed, and he called it "laughable" that they consider themselves a Super Bowl team.

One player described the tirade as "entertaining." Another likened it to a parent chastising a teenager.

The offense opened the second half with another three-and-out series, and Favre apparently pushed his coach over the edge on the next series.

According to a member of the team, Favre checked out of a run and into a pass, then was sacked for a 5-yard loss by Panthers cornerback Dante Wesley.

The Vikings punted the ball away for the fifth time in the game on the next play.

NBC cameras showed the exchange, with Childress placing his right hand on Favre's left biceps. But Favre pulled his arm away after Childress said something to him.

"We didn't have time - I didn't have time to sit there and say why or what. My response was, 'We've got to win this ballgame, and I want to stay in and do whatever I can.'

"Now, unfortunately, I didn't do that, but that was my intention."

Apparently that wasn't the first time he's infuriated Childress with an audible.

KYPack
12-22-2009, 07:59 AM
the plot thickens..

As it turns out, last night's failed effort by coach Brad Childress to bench quarterback Brett Favre wasn't the first attempt to yank Favre off the field.

(snip)

OK, Florio.

Twice tried twice is FOUR times. Do some editing on that rag ass site of yours, willya?

pbmax
12-22-2009, 08:07 AM
the plot thickens..

(snip)

OK, Florio.

Twice tried twice is FOUR times. Do some editing on that rag ass site of yours, willya?
If we were in charge of Packers counter-propaganda, I would run with the four times!

MichiganPackerFan
12-22-2009, 12:59 PM
I don't remember Chilly chauffering any of those players around town

Or tenderly licking their nether regions.

RashanGary
12-22-2009, 01:21 PM
Is there a schism now?

TO, Barry Bonds, Brett Favre. Great players, but all head cases in one way or another. Cancer of the team. You don't get rid of Favre because of the player that he is, you get rid of Favre because of the person that he is. No humility.

Freak Out
12-22-2009, 01:29 PM
Wow. Sounds like it's gag order time in Minnesota.

Willard
12-22-2009, 01:39 PM
Is there a schism now?

TO, Barry Bonds, Brett Favre. Great players, but all head cases in one way or another. Cancer of the team. You don't get rid of Favre because of the player that he is, you get rid of Favre because of the person that he is. No humility.
Favre consistently shows his character flaws. I don't blame him for not wanting to come out of the game, but bringing it up during the post game presser is bush league. He basically held up Chilly's sack in his hands for all reporters to see. This story is awesome!

bbbffl66
12-22-2009, 01:48 PM
That's just Brett being Brett. What makes him popular is that he wears his emotions on his sleeve. He says what he feels at the time without a PR guy muzzling him. With Brett, you get real deal, no BS. Now, it may not be helpful to a coach or his team, but it is refreshing not to see some bland crappy spin after a game("We'll get that fixed").
And he was right that pulling him in that spot was asinine! But thats Chilly.

HarveyWallbangers
12-22-2009, 02:00 PM
That's just Brett being Brett. What makes him popular is that he wears his emotions on his sleeve. He says what he feels at the time without a PR guy muzzling him. With Brett, you get real deal, no BS. Now, it may not be helpful to a coach or his team, but it is refreshing not to see some bland crappy spin after a game("We'll get that fixed").

This is what I used to think, but with Brett you get BS also.

denverYooper
12-22-2009, 02:09 PM

I don't know, was it asinine? They ended up getting stomped after that point. Maybe the more mobile QB would have been a good choice.

Noodle
12-22-2009, 02:22 PM
I'm not going to say Favre is a cancer -- as I recall, he did have some pretty good years here without the team falling apart.

But I agree with posters who are aghast at what comes out of his yap during press conferences. He has to know, as the son of a coach, that telling the press he gave Chilly the Heisman was not going to make Chilly look good.

I'm guessing ol' Irv would've chewed his ass like a bulldog on a milkbone.

RashanGary
12-22-2009, 02:24 PM
This is what I used to think, but with Brett you get BS also.

Yeah. Brett will tell it like it is when it hurts other people (injury reports to make excuses for his bad play but hurt other people, behind door conversations to give him leverage in media battles and now this because he's pissed at Chilly and frustrated after a game).

When it's lies to help his cause in a media battle, Favre is all BS. When it's unfiltered truth about conversations that were private and personal, he'll spill the beans, "if it benefits him".

I knew Minny was a good team and had a chance, but I always hoped the type of lying, distrustfulness and selfishness that Brett and Chilly display would come back bite them. It's justice. Reading about Chilly blowing up, hearing Favre tell that story, all of it, it's what they signed up for when they weasled their way into getting Brett Favre, right down to the end of season adn big game collapses. I hope it ends the way it looks like it might, the way it always does with Brett Favre.

Packers4Ever
12-22-2009, 02:26 PM
How shocking! :roll: This just confirmed what we all suspected all along = Favre is running the show in Minneapolis, just like he tried to do in GB until MM and TT told #4 to shut the hell up and just play QB.

Shocking ? :shock: I really don't think so. We've all known Brett Favre for nearing on 17 or 18 years now, his dad taught him the game of football.
It's in his blood, when did you ever see Brett hit the field and play in a "just another game" mood ? He wants to WIN the game and he'll do what it takes
to accomplish that.

It's not that they were behind by 2-3 TDs, it was 1 lousy point !!! In Green Bay he'd have lost games and then there'd have been hell to pay, far as the fans went, you'd all be bitching !! :roll:

Sorry but you were all content when Brett Favre was knocking himself out to win another game, I'd be curious to have seen one of those Vike yay-hoos take over the game the other day.

[/b]

get louder at lambeau
12-22-2009, 02:43 PM

the Intangibles Strike Back.

sharpe1027
12-22-2009, 02:58 PM
With Brett, you get real deal, no BS.

I used to believe that. Having been burned by him too many times, I no longer trust what he says unless I figure the truth suits his personal agenda.

He was full of BS when it came to whether or not he was thinking of un-retiring. Much of the Greta interview was another load of crap. His dealings with the Lions were shady at best. Supposedly he wasn't necessarily interested in going to the Vikings right up until he did so. I could go on.

Packers4Ever
12-22-2009, 03:05 PM

Agree - Chilly would be a fool to have pulled BF, only 1 pt. behind,

Who would have replaced him? Hmmm?

Willard
12-22-2009, 03:19 PM

I imagine the #2 QB would have replaced him if that is what the coach wanted. You see, it is the coach's decision. The coach gets to make foolish decisions if he wants. he is in charge. As I said before, I dont take issue with Favre being upset at the prospect of being pulled. He is a competitor, and he clearly feels he gives the team the best shot to win. That is part of his strength. My problem is he doesnt acjknowledge it is the coach's right to bench whoever the coach feels he needs to bench. Favre has serious boundary issues. He thought he should get to play the role of GM in GB, and now he doesnt think he needs to listen to the coach in Minnesota. His comments during the presser may have been "candid", but they undermined his coach, and created a distraction for his team. That is selfish. And I for one am delighted!

mraynrand
12-22-2009, 03:39 PM

I imagine the #2 QB would have replaced him if that is what the coach wanted. You see, it is the coach's decision. The coach gets to make foolish decisions if he wants. he is in charge. As I said before, I dont take issue with Favre being upset at the prospect of being pulled. He is a competitor, and he clearly feels he gives the team the best shot to win. That is part of his strength. My problem is he doesnt acjknowledge it is the coach's right to bench whoever the coach feels he needs to bench. Favre has serious boundary issues. He thought he should get to play the role of GM in GB, and now he doesnt think he needs to listen to the coach in Minnesota. His comments during the presser may have been "candid", but they undermined his coach, and created a distraction for his team. That is selfish. And I for one am delighted!

Good post: "The coach gets to make the decisions, or he isn't a coach, he is just a cheerleader." - Barry Switzer

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/sports/cowboys/img/recordbook/coach_switzer.jpg

Scott Campbell
12-22-2009, 03:59 PM

The guy the coach wanted playing.

The excuses people continue to make for this guy are hilarious.

imscott72
12-23-2009, 10:36 AM
Wow! Leroy Butler totally lays Favre out with his comments..

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2009/12/leroy-butler-diva-brett-favre-is-running-the-vikings/1

LeRoy Butler: 'Diva' Brett Favre is 'running' the Vikings

Brett Favre's former teammate, said the QB's dustup on Sunday night with Vikings coach Brad Childress exposed what he said is the truth behind the Vikings: That Favre is calling the shots for the team.

"Everybody in Minnesota knows that Brett Favre is running that organization," LeRoy Butler, a Packers safety from 1990-2001, told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. "When the head coach leaves and goes and picks him up in his SUV, and brings him to the facility. Everyone knows who's running the Minnesota Vikings."

Favre said he had a "heated discussion" with Childress on Sunday when the coach tried to remove him from the game. Childress downplayed the severity of the disagreement, but said he was worried that Favre was being hit too much.

Cracks may be showing in the Childress-Favre relationship that blossomed when the coach recruited the QB out of retirement his summer. ESPN's Kevin Seifert categorized six stress points that have opened up between the two this season.

Butler said that Favre was wrong not to accede to Childress' wish to lift him from the game, but said the Vikings share blame because they knew what they were getting from him.

"Brett is a chip, Super Bowl or bust, all in," he told the Journal-Sentinel. "So you knew Brett was a diva, you knew Brett wanted it his own way, you knew this all along. It was just a matter of time before it happened."

Butler also said that other players on the Vikings surely have taken notice that Childress has lost control of Favre.

"If I'm Percy Harvin, and I have a question on a route or a play, I'm going right to Brett Favre," he told the paper. "If I'm Adrian Peterson and I'm not getting the carries I want, I don't go to Childress or (OC Darrell) Bevell, I go to Brett Favre. He's running the team. All this falls on Brett." -- Sean Leahy

mraynrand
12-23-2009, 10:50 AM
"When the head coach leaves and goes and picks him up in his SUV, and brings him to the facility. Everyone knows who's running the Minnesota Vikings."

http://blog.nj.com/realtimesports_impact/2009/08/medium_brett-favre-brad-childress-minnesota-vikings-818.jpg

LOL

Bossman641
12-23-2009, 10:52 AM

The guy the coach wanted playing.

The excuses people continue to make for this guy are hilarious.

Don't you understand Scott? He's earned it. With all his heart and soul that he has poured into the Viking organization over the past 20 weeks, they owe him this.

packers11
12-23-2009, 11:45 AM
pft.com

Report: Childress, Favre at odds over offense
Posted by Mike Florio on December 23, 2009 12:38 PM ET
We decided to take a 12-hour break from posting anything regarding the Childress-Favre feud because, really, there's nothing new to say about it.

But the 12 hours are up, and there's something new to say, courtesy of the network that will milk this cow until 24 hours after Monday night's game between Minnesota and Chicago has ended.

Ed Werder of ESPN has gotten inside the heads of Brad Childress and Brett Favre, and Werder reports that the tension arises from disagreement regarding the influence each man should have in the offense.

Werder, who cites multiple team sources in support of his report, claims that the talk regarding the possible removal of Favre from multiple games arises not from a desire to protect Favre, but from Favre's tendency to change the plays that have been called.

(Given the subtle pro-Favre tone of the report and Werder's history of interviewing Favre and lack of history specifically covering the Vikings, it's not a stretch to conclude that Favre is one of Werder's sources.)

Werder also reports that Favre resents that Childress "seldom" discusses the game plan with Favre, and that Childress rarely asks for Favre's input. And when Favre changes the play, Childress "bristles," even when the audible works.

By taking the situation public, Childress is now powerless to remove Favre under the guise of protecting him, or for any other reason. So Favre is running the show in Minnesota, and nothing Childress says or does can change it.

His best bet, then, would be to enjoy the fact that Favre's performance has removed Chilly from a very hot seat, resulting in a long-term extension. And while Brett is running the offense the way he sees fit, Childress can spend his free time trying to figure out how he'll regain the confidence and respect of the players who'll be on the team once Favre is gone.

Scott Campbell
12-23-2009, 12:51 PM
So Favre put Chilly on a paid sabbatical?

Patler
12-23-2009, 01:01 PM
Interesting, because:

- There were many articles when Sherman was in GB that Favre was extremely limited in being able to change plays. Sherman insisted that the play be run as called, even when the defense was set to stop it. Favre commented that he changed plays very seldom.

- Favre had more freedom under MM, and commented on it. MM never discussed it much, or complimented Favre about doing it.

- Some last year, but numerous times this year, MM has alluded to having a QB who can handle changes at the line very well. Rodgers seems to see the game the same as MM.

It seems maybe that Favre is more aggressive in the plays he changes to than coaches are comfortable with.

Pugger
12-23-2009, 01:08 PM

+1

You are right, BF has boundary issues and it played a part in why TT and MM weren't all that eager to welcome him back after his second unretirement that imfamous summer. With any luck this will create problems in that lockerroom and on that frigid turf at Soldier Field!

HarveyWallbangers
12-23-2009, 01:12 PM
Quote from my co-worker today: "You can have Favre back"
:D

Noodle
12-23-2009, 01:20 PM
It seems maybe that Favre is more aggressive in the plays he changes to than coaches are comfortable with.

Keen observation. Interstingly, on Grant's TD, AR changed the play at the line from a pass to a run, which on paper is not the aggressive move.

Also, before this year, Favre's aggressiveness was not uncommonly spelled INT (as well as WIN). Favre has in some respects earned a little more latitude in his decisionmaking this year due to the care he has taken with the ball. That is not something I would have said about him in the past.

Patler
12-23-2009, 01:40 PM
Quote from my co-worked today: "You can have Favre back"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

HowardRoark
12-23-2009, 03:51 PM

As a fellow Twin Cities resident, there is only one word to describe my emotions today....Schadenfreude.

Patler
12-23-2009, 04:04 PM

As a fellow Twin Cities resident, there is only one word to describe my emotions today....Schadenfreude.

Showing your sinister side? :lol:

The Shadow
12-23-2009, 04:16 PM
Favre remains an assclown. Why any surprise?

HowardRoark
12-23-2009, 06:49 PM
I have always liked Jason's writing:

Updated Dec 22, 2009 7:36 PM EDT

Dear Brett Favre,

Hey, it's me, Jason, the leader of your MVP campaign.

Yeah, you pretty much handed that trophy to Peyton Manning last weekend. I'm not even talking about your so-so performance on the field and losing to the Panthers. I could've worked around that.

You blew it when you backed that bus over Chilly in your post-game news conference. Damn it, Brett, you gave your critics all the ammo they need to start calling you "Brat" or "Britney" or "Flava Favre" or "The White T.O."

Those last two nicknames are actually my creation. That's how hard it is being the president of your fan club. Some weeks I want to ride for you and put clown suits on Ted Thompson, Mike McCarthy and anyone who refuses to give you your proper respect and other weeks I'm ashamed of myself for jumping in the same foxhole with John Madden.

Brett, why can't you be more like Tiger Woods?

Tiger keeps it 100, Brett. Tiger keeps his mouth shut. He refuses to cooperate with the media. I'll ride or lie for Tiger 24/7/365.

You, on the other hand, fell into the media's trap. You think the more you talk the more we'll love you.

You've turned your career into "The Real World" and you spend all your free time in a confessional booth talking about everything from addiction to painkillers to sideline dustups with Chilly over playing time.

Rick Reilly must love you. Every time the going gets tough, you're on the phone with Oprah's producers hoping to book a seat on The Couch.

The truly great ones, Brett, remain a mystery. You don't see Tom Brady and Peyton Manning spilling their hearts to every reporter with an empty notebook. Jordan didn't do it. Neither did Gretzky. Hell, even a camera hound like Magic Johnson stayed relatively low key until he had to distance himself from those mid-court kisses with Isiah Thomas after contracting the HIV virus.

OK, I'll give you Muhammad Ali. But Ali needed the media to beat the draft and sell tickets to fights. Plus, Ali was king in a very different era. There was no 24-hour news cycle. TV networks didn't give assclowns like Nancy Grace and Skip Bayless their own shows.

Nope. It's clear. You've done irreparable damage to your legacy by running your mouth to the media. It doesn't matter that you're right and Chilly is an idiot. It doesn't matter that he wanted to bench you after you threw a touchdown pass to go up two scores at Green Bay. No one will care that Childress thought about pulling you from the Detroit game. And your critics will overlook that Chilly's hyper-conservative, no-audible offense allowed Carolina to hang around for three quarters and steal Sunday night's game in the fourth.

You're the bad guy. You refuse to bow to the insecure, counter-productive wishes of your overmatched coach. Those of us in the media tend to be hypocritical. Woodward and Bernstein proved to us long ago that all great journalism is done over the objection of editors. The same thing pretty much applies to quarterback play. We don't comprehend that. We think Charlie Weis made Brady great when the reality is just the opposite.

Brett, I've seen this all before.

Joe Montana went through the exact same issue during his final season in Kansas City. Marty Schottenheimer and his offensive coordinator Paul Hackett devised a similar Montana protection strategy in 1994.

The Chiefs had great defensive personnel led by Derrick Thomas and Neil Smith. The Chiefs also had a physical offensive line, a Hall of Fame running back (Marcus Allen) and two other solid backs (Greg Hill and Kimble Anders).

Well, Marty got it into his head that he could back the Chiefs into the playoffs and loose the real Joe Montana in January. Montana was furious. He bitched (privately) the entire second half of the season about a passing game that left seven blockers to protect and three receivers in the secondary.

Montana, like you, was a warrior. He didn't want to die on his knees. He knew the Chiefs would struggle on the road in the playoffs. Sure enough, with the Chiefs' restricted offense averaging 17 points over a five-game stretch, Kansas City lost four of five games, fell to 7-7 and had to win its final two games to sneak into the postseason.

The Chiefs traveled to Miami for a wild-card playoff game and lost 27-17 to the Dolphins. Montana retired weeks later. Marty Schottenheimer left the coaching profession in 2006 having not won a playoff game since the 1993 season, the last season Montana was allowed to be Joe Montana.

Brett, you should've let Childress pull you from the game and then left him to explain the irrational decision. The Vikings had a chance to catch the Saints for the NFC No. 1 seed. Now the Eagles are nipping at the Vikes for the No. 2 seed. This whole season could turn into a disaster just because Chilly doesn't want a veteran quarterback to call a few audibles.

Had you said nothing, Brett, and created the appearance you were taking the high road, it would be open season on Chilly. Me, John Madden, Tony Kornheiser and few others could ride on this fool.

Now no one will hear us because you had to open your mouth.

Sincerely,

Jason Whitlock

You can e-mail Jason at BallState0@aol.com or follow him on Facebook or Twitter.

gex
12-23-2009, 07:58 PM
I have always liked Jason's writing:

Updated Dec 22, 2009 7:36 PM EDT

Dear Brett Favre,

Hey, it's me, Jason, the leader of your MVP campaign.

Yeah, you pretty much handed that trophy to Peyton Manning last weekend. I'm not even talking about your so-so performance on the field and losing to the Panthers. I could've worked around that.

You blew it when you backed that bus over Chilly in your post-game news conference. Damn it, Brett, you gave your critics all the ammo they need to start calling you "Brat" or "Britney" or "Flava Favre" or "The White T.O."

Those last two nicknames are actually my creation. That's how hard it is being the president of your fan club. Some weeks I want to ride for you and put clown suits on Ted Thompson, Mike McCarthy and anyone who refuses to give you your proper respect and other weeks I'm ashamed of myself for jumping in the same foxhole with John Madden.

Brett, why can't you be more like Tiger Woods?

Tiger keeps it 100, Brett. Tiger keeps his mouth shut. He refuses to cooperate with the media. I'll ride or lie for Tiger 24/7/365.

You, on the other hand, fell into the media's trap. You think the more you talk the more we'll love you.

You've turned your career into "The Real World" and you spend all your free time in a confessional booth talking about everything from addiction to painkillers to sideline dustups with Chilly over playing time.

Rick Reilly must love you. Every time the going gets tough, you're on the phone with Oprah's producers hoping to book a seat on The Couch.

The truly great ones, Brett, remain a mystery. You don't see Tom Brady and Peyton Manning spilling their hearts to every reporter with an empty notebook. Jordan didn't do it. Neither did Gretzky. Hell, even a camera hound like Magic Johnson stayed relatively low key until he had to distance himself from those mid-court kisses with Isiah Thomas after contracting the HIV virus.

OK, I'll give you Muhammad Ali. But Ali needed the media to beat the draft and sell tickets to fights. Plus, Ali was king in a very different era. There was no 24-hour news cycle. TV networks didn't give assclowns like Nancy Grace and Skip Bayless their own shows.

Nope. It's clear. You've done irreparable damage to your legacy by running your mouth to the media. It doesn't matter that you're right and Chilly is an idiot. It doesn't matter that he wanted to bench you after you threw a touchdown pass to go up two scores at Green Bay. No one will care that Childress thought about pulling you from the Detroit game. And your critics will overlook that Chilly's hyper-conservative, no-audible offense allowed Carolina to hang around for three quarters and steal Sunday night's game in the fourth.

You're the bad guy. You refuse to bow to the insecure, counter-productive wishes of your overmatched coach. Those of us in the media tend to be hypocritical. Woodward and Bernstein proved to us long ago that all great journalism is done over the objection of editors. The same thing pretty much applies to quarterback play. We don't comprehend that. We think Charlie Weis made Brady great when the reality is just the opposite.

Brett, I've seen this all before.

Joe Montana went through the exact same issue during his final season in Kansas City. Marty Schottenheimer and his offensive coordinator Paul Hackett devised a similar Montana protection strategy in 1994.

The Chiefs had great defensive personnel led by Derrick Thomas and Neil Smith. The Chiefs also had a physical offensive line, a Hall of Fame running back (Marcus Allen) and two other solid backs (Greg Hill and Kimble Anders).

Well, Marty got it into his head that he could back the Chiefs into the playoffs and loose the real Joe Montana in January. Montana was furious. He bitched (privately) the entire second half of the season about a passing game that left seven blockers to protect and three receivers in the secondary.

Montana, like you, was a warrior. He didn't want to die on his knees. He knew the Chiefs would struggle on the road in the playoffs. Sure enough, with the Chiefs' restricted offense averaging 17 points over a five-game stretch, Kansas City lost four of five games, fell to 7-7 and had to win its final two games to sneak into the postseason.

The Chiefs traveled to Miami for a wild-card playoff game and lost 27-17 to the Dolphins. Montana retired weeks later. Marty Schottenheimer left the coaching profession in 2006 having not won a playoff game since the 1993 season, the last season Montana was allowed to be Joe Montana.

Brett, you should've let Childress pull you from the game and then left him to explain the irrational decision. The Vikings had a chance to catch the Saints for the NFC No. 1 seed. Now the Eagles are nipping at the Vikes for the No. 2 seed. This whole season could turn into a disaster just because Chilly doesn't want a veteran quarterback to call a few audibles.

Had you said nothing, Brett, and created the appearance you were taking the high road, it would be open season on Chilly. Me, John Madden, Tony Kornheiser and few others could ride on this fool.

Now no one will hear us because you had to open your mouth.

Sincerely,

Jason Whitlock

You can e-mail Jason at BallState0@aol.com or follow him on Facebook or Twitter.

I'll 2nd that 8-)

RashanGary
12-23-2009, 08:07 PM
Poor Brent, you're so wonderful. Sherman, McCarthy, Mangini, Childress all ruined your greatness. 4 bad coaches in a row, not bad decision making or playing, just bad coaches.

Three teams in three years, three late season collapses in a row. Poor Brent. You're the good guy :) Everyone else is the bad guy.

channtheman
12-24-2009, 06:04 AM
Ya know, over the first 7 years that I was a Packer fan Favre was pretty much all I knew. He WAS the Packers to me and I never thought I'd cheer for the Packers without him. I couldn't imagine it. Yet he retired and Rodgers got me excited and I realized that I would be able to move on. Even so, I still liked Favre. He just wanted to play, and the Jets were in no position to embarrass the Packers I thought to myself. Then he went to Minnesota. I again brushed it off to him just wanting to play the game he loves. I figured this is all he knows. He knows once he retires that he will tire of mowing the lawn and golfing really quick. Alas, I shoved that aside as well. But this... This one takes the cake. How DARE that ass hat Favre diss chilly!? The one and only meal that can really warm you up on a cold winter day. Favre clearly did not endure enough cold winters in Green Bay, and not only that but the food native to his home town. Truly a shocking day when Favre turns his back on all he knows. I would like to now what Bonita Favre thinks of this truly tragic news.

MOBB DEEP
12-24-2009, 07:08 AM
Favre remains an assclown. Why any surprise?

Duped us like Tiger...

The media whore was probably gettn upset that he wasnt being mentioned in MVP talk and all the shine was going to peyton, drew, and rivers; so he decided to out Chilly

Now ALL the attn has been on him ALL WEEK

Fritz
12-26-2009, 01:07 PM
Now it was all just two competitors, heat of the battle,etc...

I pointed this out earlier but it's worth mentioning...what coach would pull his starting QB from a tight game early on because he didn't like the way the game was going?

Now I'm on record as not being a Favre fan, but he still is a much better QB than Tavaris Jackson or Sage Rosenfels. Why the hell would you pull Favre?

For those who have stuck up for Chilly before, please can you help me to understand?

MJZiggy
12-26-2009, 02:12 PM
Who's sticking up for Chilly? He's an idiot. I, for one, am just thoroughly enjoying watching the dustup and it's accompanying distraction. It's the Vikings and the quarterback has taken over! I can see getting into a "discussion" about it, but the coach still has the final say, no matter how moronic the decision may be. The coach backed down which told the whole team who was running the show (as if they didn't already know) and let the media in on it as well. Hee hee...

Pugger
12-26-2009, 03:22 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Schein-boom-or-bust-122409

The Leaper
12-27-2009, 01:00 AM
Chilly is the assclown.

He wanted to take his franchise QB out of a game when his team was still in the running to get the #1 overall seed in the NFC?

Favre had every right to throw that elf under the bus. With Chilly at the helm, the Vikings will never win a title.

Favre isn't going to only play some of the time...that is why he ain't in Green Bay anymore. Minnesota knew that coming in...dumbasses.

MJZiggy
12-27-2009, 07:18 AM
Chilly is the assclown.

He wanted to take his franchise QB out of a game when his team was still in the running to get the #1 overall seed in the NFC?

Favre had every right to throw that elf under the bus. With Chilly at the helm, the Vikings will never win a title.

Favre isn't going to only play some of the time...that is why he ain't in Green Bay anymore. Minnesota knew that coming in...dumbasses.

Chilly forever!!!

Pugger
12-27-2009, 08:53 AM
Chilly is true dope. Apparently he doesn't like his QBs to audible very much in games and change plays even tho his present QB most likely knows the offense better than he does. But #4 has never learned to keep his yap shut. There was no reason for him to go and sing to the media after the Carolina game. This should have stayed in house. After that post game revelation word got out that this isn't the first time the Ancient One had a 'disagreement' with his HC! BF showed the entire world he has an ego to match his records on the field. Now you don't hear his name mentioned as an MVP either, thank God!

imscott72
12-27-2009, 11:08 AM
wind chills around zero for the game Monday night. I can't friggin wait. Have fun Brent! :lol: :lol:

The Leaper
12-27-2009, 11:47 AM
There was no reason for him to go and sing to the media after the Carolina game.

Of course not...but this is Favre we are talking about. He's always going to go yap to the media. That is a GIVEN. That is why you can't be a dumbass like Chilly and try to pull that stunt of taking Favre out of the game. How else do you think that will play out?

Bretsky
12-27-2009, 11:57 AM
Now it was all just two competitors, heat of the battle,etc...

I pointed this out earlier but it's worth mentioning...what coach would pull his starting QB from a tight game early on because he didn't like the way the game was going?

Now I'm on record as not being a Favre fan, but he still is a much better QB than Tavaris Jackson or Sage Rosenfels. Why the hell would you pull Favre?

For those who have stuck up for Chilly before, please can you help me to understand?

We're not on the sideline; I didn't agree at the time of what Chilly wanted to do...but maybe he felt like he had a feel for the game...he thought Favre was confused by all the blitzes and hits he was taking...he wanted to bring in a scrambler who could move around the blitz...maybe he just wanted to try it a series or two and give them a different look.

I must be in the minority with many of my views but two things to consider

1. I've been a long time Favre fan; but sharing this with the media was total Bush League.

2. As for those calling Chilly a moron for considering this.....Favre stayed in...how'd that work out ? Did they score again ? Did MN win ? Maybe he was onto something that might have helped them win.

But bottom line is what they did failed to work and perhaps a change to a more mobile QB for a series, two series, or the rest of the game would have

Bossman641
12-27-2009, 12:00 PM
There was no reason for him to go and sing to the media after the Carolina game.

Of course not...but this is Favre we are talking about. He's always going to go yap to the media. That is a GIVEN. That is why you can't be a dumbass like Chilly and try to pull that stunt of taking Favre out of the game. How else do you think that will play out?

This is the coach we are talking about though. Stupid or not, he can do whatever he wants. Not to mention the fact that he was right, the Vikings did nothing in the second half. Chilly can decide he wants to put Pat Williams at halfback if he sees fit. That still doesn't give Favre the right to go over his head the way he did.

The Leaper
12-27-2009, 12:20 PM
Not to mention the fact that he was right, the Vikings did nothing in the second half.

And you don't think the fact the Vikings did nothing in the second wasn't a result of Chilly DISTRACTING Favre with his stunt?

You have a chance to gain HFA throughout the playoffs...you don't pull your franchise QB with a 7-6 lead. Chilly's decision was stupid.

Bretsky
12-27-2009, 12:25 PM
Not to mention the fact that he was right, the Vikings did nothing in the second half.

And you don't think the fact the Vikings did nothing in the second wasn't a result of Chilly DISTRACTING Favre with his stunt?

You have a chance to gain HFA throughout the playoffs...you don't pull your franchise QB with a 7-6 lead. Chilly's decision was stupid.

Are you blaming Favre's ineffectiveness in half two on Chilly's attempted decision ? With Favre's mentality I'd hardly think that would matter one bit. Plus, he was playing poorly well before that.

I don't think the decision was a good one; but I'm not going to blame him either because leaving him in failed as well.

The Leaper
12-27-2009, 12:28 PM
I'm just saying you can't say Chilly's decision was correct because the Vikings played poorly in the 2nd half.

And yes...I do think Chilly's act, which Favre would take as disrespect, would impact Favre somewhat. He would not be able to just ignore it and continue focusing 100% on the game. That disrespect would eat at him...just like the disrespect he felt from Thompson STILL eats him.

Bossman641
12-27-2009, 12:33 PM

Maybe the fact that the Vikings did nothing in the entire game was a result of Favre playing like shit.

As a coach you can't let one player's bruised ego influence the decisions you are making.

The Leaper
12-27-2009, 12:56 PM
Maybe the fact that the Vikings did nothing in the entire game was a result of Favre playing like shit.

Favre was hardly the only Viking player playing poorly. Why didn't Chilly make a move to pull his entire 1st string?

Bossman641
12-27-2009, 03:11 PM

Favre was hardly the only Viking player playing poorly. Why didn't Chilly make a move to pull his entire 1st string?

My basic point is that it doesn't matter how Favre was playing. Playing well, playing poor, it still isn't his decision as to whether he comes out of the game.

The Leaper
12-27-2009, 03:15 PM
My basic point is that it doesn't matter how Favre was playing. Playing well, playing poor, it still isn't his decision as to whether he comes out of the game.

Well, apparently it is...so you stand corrected.

That's my whole point...Favre RUNS THE DAMN SHOW...always has, always will in his own mind. You know that going in at this point. Chilly's move was stupid...ESPECIALLY given the fact that he clearly doesn't have the balls to stand up to Favre.

Willard
12-27-2009, 03:32 PM
Wow! Did I just see Rodgers throw MM under the bus in the post-game presser for pulling him from the game today?!?!?!

No, I didnt think so. Go Pack Go!!

MJZiggy
12-27-2009, 05:43 PM
Wow! Did I just see Rodgers throw MM under the bus in the post-game presser for pulling him from the game today?!?!?!

:lol: :lol:

ThunderDan
12-27-2009, 09:00 PM
Just got back from the Twin Cities for Xmas at my brother's house. Man did the papers rip Favre this week.

Many columnists pulled out their articles when Brett backed out in July from the Vikings. Compared Favre to Moss as the last player in Minnesota who thought they were bigger than the team.

Scott Campbell
12-27-2009, 10:26 PM
Just got back from the Twin Cities for Xmas at my brother's house. Man did the papers rip Favre this week.

Many columnists pulled out their articles when Brett backed out in July from the Vikings. Compared Favre to Moss as the last player in Minnesota who thought they were bigger than the team.

Poetic justice.

swede
12-28-2009, 12:18 AM

Poetic justice.

The usual way with sideline debates
Is the quarterback listens and the head coach berates
But Chilly gets Favre in his grill.

A rare Viking loss,
Minny compares him to Moss,
We won't say we told you so...

MOBB DEEP
12-28-2009, 01:15 AM

Gay

not about aaron v brett

but if we must take it there, trust and believe aaron would be happy as a lark to have career that coach killer has had...

go pack go; kick off aaron's post season career with a bang!

When will the rodgers/favre debate end? fans are gay

Pugger
12-28-2009, 10:42 AM
As long as #4 is still playing and until AR wins a playoff game these comparisons will drone on. But I'm seeing less and less of this on Packer forums as #12 continues to impress. 8-)

Zool
12-28-2009, 11:47 AM

Gay

not about aaron v brett

but if we must take it there, trust and believe aaron would be happy as a lark to have career that coach killer has had...

go pack go; kick off aaron's post season career with a bang!

When will the rodgers/favre debate end? fans are gay

Actually I think the ratio is only 1/10 fans are gay. At least thats what I've heard.

Willard
12-28-2009, 02:21 PM

Gay

fans are gay
Sticks and stones, love.

RashanGary
12-28-2009, 02:28 PM
What does Brett Favre's career have to do with how he's acted the last couple years? It's two very different discussions. If the Favre lovers could separate the majority of his career from the tarnished finish, I don't think there would be a schism between most Packer fans and those who can't get over the last guy.

sharpe1027
12-28-2009, 02:47 PM

Pulling the entire first string pretty extreme hypothetically and a bit of a strawman argument. Has it ever happened in the history of the NFL?

Besides, didn't he pull McKinnie too? Perhaps he was just pulling the worst offenders, which is more realistic.

I do agree that Childress should have either stood up to Favre or never brought it up.

MadtownPacker
12-28-2009, 04:18 PM
Man, all you haters are some silly bitches. First you hate Favre for doing great with the vikings and then when he starts rocking the purple ship you still hate on him. You gotta admit it is some funny sheeze that he didnt give a damn what childish had to say.

sharpe1027
12-28-2009, 04:44 PM
Man, all you haters are some silly bitches. First you hate Favre for doing great with the vikings and then when he starts rocking the purple ship you still hate on him. You gotta admit it is some funny sheeze that he didnt give a damn what childish had to say.

Hate Favre? Lol, not in a million years.

I really did not like that the Vikings were winning at the expense of the Packers. However, loved that Childress got an extension and I love that Favre is now rocking the purple ship.

I just happen to find it amusing that people are still trying to defend Favre and Childress. I guess I could just ignore all excuses for them so that I don't get called a hater. Still, in the immortal words of an ex-Viking coach: "They are what we thought they were." In this case we thought they were a spoiled super star and a spineless pushover. Seems spot on.

Tyrone Bigguns
12-28-2009, 05:03 PM
Peyton got pulled while his team was barely leading. Compare Peyton's response to Bert's.

“This was our organizational philosophy that we stuck with. We still had a chance to win the game. Until any player in here is the head coach, as a player you follow orders and you follow them with all your heart.”

It is that simple. You follow ORDERS. Why? We follow orders or people die!

denverYooper
12-28-2009, 08:00 PM
Peyton got pulled while his team was barely leading. Compare Peyton's response to Bert's.

“This was our organizational philosophy that we stuck with. We still had a chance to win the game. Until any player in here is the head coach, as a player you follow orders and you follow them with all your heart.”

Yeah, but it wasn't a real order, was it? I mean it's peace time. He wasn't being asked to secure a hill or advance on a beach head. Surely a Marine of Dawson's intelligence can be trusted to determine, on his own, which are the really important orders and which orders might, say, be morally questionable? Lieutenant Kendrick? Can he? Can Dawson determine on his own which orders he's going to follow?

Tyrone Bigguns
12-28-2009, 08:18 PM

Yeah, but it wasn't a real order, was it? I mean it's peace time. He wasn't being asked to secure a hill or advance on a beach head. Surely a Marine of Dawson's intelligence can be trusted to determine, on his own, which are the really important orders and which orders might, say, be morally questionable? Lieutenant Kendrick? Can he? Can Dawson determine on his own which orders he's going to follow?

“I don't have to follow your orders. I don't work here anymore.”

MOBB DEEP
01-10-2010, 07:57 PM
As long as #4 is still playing and until AR wins a playoff game these comparisons will drone on. But I'm seeing less and less of this on Packer forums as #12 continues to impress. 8-)

so now what??? :?:

BallHawk
01-10-2010, 07:59 PM

so now what??? :?:

What the fuck does bumping this accomplish?

Brando19
01-10-2010, 08:00 PM
Fuck this shit, damn it.....why the fuck?!?!?!? Go dig up all the old threads about Favre you can and bump them....un fuckin real. Fuck Favre and the purple penis eaters. And all you wanna do is cause an argument...get that shit outta here.