PDA

View Full Version : "" PLAYOFF HOPES BECOME FOCUSED""

Bretsky
12-24-2009, 12:26 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/80035237.html

A very interesting article outlining several scenarios.

Very possible that GB might NOT make the playoffs if they win one of last two and finish 10-6.

A few ironic thoughts

1. We need to cheer for Brett Favre and the Vikings to beat the Bears Monday and clinch the #2 slot in hopes that the Cardinals sit some starters when we play them

2. If all three teams win this week (they are all heavy favorites) we again need to cheer for Brett Favre to beat the Giants in the final week.

channtheman
12-24-2009, 04:16 AM
My dad was talking to me and he seemed very concerned about our playoff chances because of the possibilty of us going 1-1 over the last two games. Of course after we lose and the Giants win big people might be feeling negative thoughts about the Packers playoff hopes. I however, am really not concerned. We will win this week against the Seahawks and then we will beat the Cardinals. None of these possibilities matter when we go 11-5.

sheepshead
12-24-2009, 06:57 AM
If we dont go marching in, I mean dominating the Seahawks and Cardinals, I would rather not make it and replace our head coach. Since we havent dominated anyone this year, I dont have a great deal of confidence in MM.

ThunderDan
12-24-2009, 08:18 AM
If we dont go marching in, I mean dominating the Seahawks and Cardinals, I would rather not make it and replace our head coach. Since we havent dominated anyone this year, I dont have a great deal of confidence in MM.

We completely dominated a 9-5 Dallas team. Eventhough the score doesn't reflect it, we did.

Dallas scored a late TD and had two scoring drives the whole game both in the late 4th quarter.

I was at the game and at no time was I nervous that we would lose.

denverYooper
12-24-2009, 08:55 AM
A few things

Dallas still has to play Philly. That's a tough game. I don't know why they say that we want the Eagles to lose both of their games, b/c if they beat Dal, and we win 1 of our next 2, we're at least tied w/Dal... which puts us in b/c we beat' 'em.

If the Vikings lose to the Bears, they also have a lot of motivation to play their starters in their last game vs. the Giants. They forget to mention this when stating that the Cards would have motivation to play their horses.

Philly is playing Denver and NY is playing Carolina this weekend. Neither of those games will be pushovers.

Maxie the Taxi
12-24-2009, 08:57 AM
My dad was talking to me and he seemed very concerned about our playoff chances because of the possibilty of us going 1-1 over the last two games. Of course after we lose and the Giants win big people might be feeling negative thoughts about the Packers playoff hopes. I however, am really not concerned. We will win this week against the Seahawks and then we will beat the Cardinals. None of these possibilities matter when we go 11-5.

That what they mean by having your fate in your own hands.

If we can't beat Seattle and Arizona, we deserve to stay home.

gbgary
12-24-2009, 10:44 AM

exactly!

KYPack
12-24-2009, 10:59 AM
This whole scenario has me rooting AGAINST my pre-season pick for our record. I said 10-6. Several times during the season, that looked like a fantasy. Now 10-6 would be a disappointment.

Man, things are fucked up.

mission
12-24-2009, 03:35 PM

Agreed 100%.

PlantPage55
12-24-2009, 04:12 PM
So much for losing to Pittsburgh being a good idea, eh, Greg A. Bedard? What a dickhead.

Cheesehead Craig
12-24-2009, 04:29 PM

Word.

CaliforniaCheez
12-26-2009, 12:16 PM
The Saints were supposed to beat the Cowboys....and the Packers the Buccaneers.

A three way tie bounces the Cowboys as the Packers and Giants have tiebreakers over them.

This crap about wanting the purple slime to win is disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourselfs!! You never ever want the viklings to ever win.

If there is a battle for a first round bye it is a good thing. The final week has the playoff hopeful Giants going into the Metrodome to kick tail. You have the Eagles wanting a bye week and keeping the Cowboys down.

A purple slime loss this week gives the Eagles lots of extra incentive to play well.

You never ever want to rely on those rotten viklings for anything!!

Fritz
12-26-2009, 12:53 PM
I don't know why, if it comes down to winning on the road against last year's NFC champs who might be playing for a first round bye, people would still want MM's neck if the Pack were to lose that game.

That makes no sense to me. So...you'd all want to start over, new head coach, new offensive coordinator, possible new system....after a 10-6 season with the youngest team in the league?

That doesn't compute, Will Robinson.

MJZiggy
12-26-2009, 02:02 PM

Agreed 100%.

That's easy to say, but does that mean we didn't deserve to get in the playoffs when Lambeau erupted because we needed Atlanta to lose just to make it in? I kinda thought we deserve to be there anytime we can make the playoffs...

The Leaper
12-27-2009, 12:57 AM
If you make it to the playoffs...you made it to the playoffs. It is a 16 game season...and even if you supposedly "back-in", I don't buy that you didn't earn it. You won early in the year to give yourself a cushion...those wins in week 4 and 5 mean just as much as in week 17.

ThunderDan
12-27-2009, 08:52 PM
If you make it to the playoffs...you made it to the playoffs. It is a 16 game season...and even if you supposedly "back-in", I don't buy that you didn't earn it. You won early in the year to give yourself a cushion...those wins in week 4 and 5 mean just as much as in week 17.

Absolutely!!

mmmdk
12-27-2009, 08:55 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/80035237.html

A very interesting article outlining several scenarios.

Very possible that GB might NOT make the playoffs if they win one of last two and finish 10-6.

A few ironic thoughts

1. We need to cheer for Brett Favre and the Vikings to beat the Bears Monday and clinch the #2 slot in hopes that the Cardinals sit some starters when we play them

2. If all three teams win this week (they are all heavy favorites) we again need to cheer for Brett Favre to beat the Giants in the final week.

1. YOU CAN'T MAKE ME ! 8-)

2. NO F@CKING WAY ! :lol:

pbmax
12-27-2009, 10:04 PM
Wackiness Could Ensue from Week 17 to Wild Card Weekend.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/27/strange-scheduling-quirk-could-be-coming-on-wild-card-weekend/

Depending on the outcome of those and other games, all four of those games could be played again the following weekend.

Its not clear if its possible for all four to be repeated together.

HarveyWallbangers
12-27-2009, 10:47 PM

Good thing we don't have to do either now. Now, we can root for the Vikings to lose both games.

gbgary
12-27-2009, 11:10 PM

Good thing we don't have to do either now. Now, we can root for the Vikings to lose both games.

yup...i'd like to see minn and dallas in the first round. that's a win win. lol