PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want to face in the first round?

pack4to84
12-27-2009, 09:31 PM
If Bears win on Monday, Eagles, Giants and Cardinals win next week. The Packers would face the Vikings.

If Vikings win one of the next two games and Eagles win we would face Cardinals with nothing on the line for either team. Packers would face Cardinals again.

If Vikings lose both games and Cowboys win next week we lose to Arz we play Dallas. Or if Packer finish in a tie and a Cowboy win or tie with Eagles

The only way the Packers can play Eagles is if the Dallas/Eagle game finish in a tie and Packers lose to Arz.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=WinningPct

ND72
12-27-2009, 09:35 PM
I seriously want the Vikings. I am not kidding when I say I think they are the easiest matchup for us in the playoffs.

Brando19
12-27-2009, 09:44 PM
ND72...Need I remind you the Cowgirls haven't won a playoff game since the mid 90's? We've took care of Dallas once, their offense sucks. We could kill them in the Playoffs.

ND72
12-27-2009, 09:51 PM
ND72...Need I remind you the Cowgirls haven't won a playoff game since the mid 90's? We've took care of Dallas once, their offense sucks. We could kill them in the Playoffs.

Need I remind you we won't play the Cowboys until the NFC Championship, as they'll be the 6 seed behind us....

Packgator
12-27-2009, 09:54 PM
Need I remind you we won't play the Cowboys until the NFC Championship, as they'll be the 6 seed behind us....

Which would make it a home game for the Packers.

ND72
12-27-2009, 09:55 PM

Which would make it a home game for the Packers.

which would be freaking awesome!

pbmax
12-27-2009, 10:02 PM
The Cowboys can win their Division yet and secure a bye. So its not guaranteed the Packers get them at home yet. But it is a more likely scenario. Cowboys are not locked into the #6 seed unless they are a Wild Card.

ND72
12-27-2009, 10:06 PM
The Cowboys can win their Division yet and secure a bye. So its not guaranteed the Packers get them at home yet. But it is a more likely scenario. Cowboys are not locked into the #6 seed unless they are a Wild Card.

Ok, so IF the Cowboys beat the Eagles next week, they win their division, otherwise they are the 6 seed seed.

RashanGary
12-27-2009, 10:21 PM
If I had to order the NFC from best to worst, I'd order it like this:

Eagles/Saints

Vikings/Packers

Cardinals

Cowboys

I feel like we're favored against the bottom two, it would be a toss up against Minny with how improved we are and their slide, and then we'd be the underdog to the Saints or Eagles.

The Leaper
12-27-2009, 10:53 PM
Add Philly to the poll...dump the Vikings. Honestly...does anyone think the Vikings will lose to both Chicago and the Giants? Those look like 2 easy wins for the purple fairies.

buchunter03
12-27-2009, 11:01 PM
Ya I was messing with that simulator and we can definitely play the Eagles. We basically need the Eagles to win next week. At least I do because that's the one team I dont want to face. I'm fine with the Cowboys or Cardinals.

But if the Cowboys win next week, then we might have to try hard for the victory against the Cardinals, or else we get the Eagles.

The Leaper
12-27-2009, 11:01 PM
I don't want to face the Cardinals...they are a bad matchup for GB IMO. Too many elite WRs against a secondary with Bush scares the hell out of me.

I would not fear going to either Dallas or Philly. Philly is a good team, but they are beatable. Just about all of their games have been close this year. They don't dominate people...they just are good at managing the game and winning in the end.

We won't be favored against anyone on the road IMO. We might get an even up line going to Dallas...but I'm guessing the Pukes would be favored by 1. On a trip to ARI or PHI, I'm guessing the home team would be favored close to 3...straight HFA spread.

Why does everyone think the Eagles are so great? Seriously? They barely beat the Bears. They barely beat the Redskins. The Broncos dominated the 2nd half in the Linc today. The Eagles are very beatable.

ICU81MI
12-28-2009, 01:07 AM
Philly is the best team in the NFC. I would rather play Arizona than any the Eagles.

MOBB DEEP
12-28-2009, 01:27 AM
I seriously want the Vikings. I am not kidding when I say I think they are the easiest matchup for us in the playoffs.

emotions have no place here

Smidgeon
12-28-2009, 01:28 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't New Orleans and Minnesota locking up the byes? How would the Cowboys get one when there are only two to each division?

pack4to84
12-28-2009, 08:19 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't New Orleans and Minnesota locking up the byes? How would the Cowboys get one when there are only two to each division?Saints have locked up one of the byes. Viking would have to win both games or win one with an eagles lost to lock up the other. Eagles get bye if they win plus one lost by the Vikings. Dallas gets bye with win plus two loss bye Vikings plus loss bye arz. Arz gets bye with win, eagles loss, 2 Vikings losses.

pack4to84
12-28-2009, 08:21 AM
Add Philly to the poll...dump the Vikings. Honestly...does anyone think the Vikings will lose to both Chicago and the Giants? Those look like 2 easy wins for the purple fairies.Like I updated my first post the only way the packers can play the eagles is if eagles and Dallas game finished in a tie.

sheepshead
12-28-2009, 08:25 AM
Vikings for sure. The poll seems like a wish list and I would like nothing better then to have a chance to bitch-slap Favre.

ND72
12-28-2009, 08:31 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't New Orleans and Minnesota locking up the byes? How would the Cowboys get one when there are only two to each division?

Only New Orleans has locked in a spot for the NFC. IF Minnesota loses tonight and next week, and Philly or Dallas wins, they could move up to the #2 seed yet.

TravisWilliams23
12-28-2009, 09:16 AM
Eagles.

With the team already in the playoffs, I think both the Pack
and Cards will play a very vanilla game next week not wanting
to show each other anything they might use in a future playoff game.

I think the Packers defense can contain the Eagles wide receivers better
than the Cards. The only thing that might be a plus for GB playing in
Arizona would be better weather for the passing attack. But that also means
the Cards would have that same weather for their passing attack so
I'd rather face Philly in the first round.

Pugger
12-28-2009, 10:07 AM
I truly don't care who we play in the first round. They way our fellas are playing I have a feeling these 3 teams don't relish the idea of playing US. 8-)

jmbarnes101
12-28-2009, 10:23 AM
I'll take whoever we get to play. I've felt for a while that this team has everything it needs to compete for the Super Bowl this year. We lost on the last play of the game against a super bowl defending Steelers team that had to win or go home. We've crushed the teams we're supposed to crush; Browns, Rams, Lions, Seahawks and since our streak began beat almost everyone. Every team in our conference is either sliding or has weaknesses that can be exploited. With our special teams playing better and the line much improved the biggest thing against us is Aaron's lack of experience in big games and Jarrett Bush. Every team can beat us but no team scares me and we can beat every team still playing. Whether we will or not is the reason we play games in January. We can run, pass, create turnovers, and we don't turn the ball over that's the recipe for January success!

I chose Arizona simply because I believe we can manhandle them like the 49ers did. They don't like to get punched in the face and if you can get to Warner early you can rattle him for the rest of the game. The Vikings didn't do this and got turned one-dimensional. Our one-dimensional is better than theirs. They don't have a TE like the teams that beat us had and they their running game is not nearly good enough to do much against us if we stay healthy. With Pickett being able to take next week off we should be good to go.

jmbarnes101
12-28-2009, 10:23 AM
double post

Smidgeon
12-28-2009, 10:27 AM
I'll take whoever we get to play. I've felt for a while that this team has everything it needs to compete for the Super Bowl this year. We lost on the last play of the game against a super bowl defending Steelers team that had to win or go home. We've crushed the teams we're supposed to crush; Browns, Rams, Lions, Seahawks and since our streak began beat almost everyone. Every team in our conference is either sliding or has weaknesses that can be exploited. With our special teams playing better and the line much improved the biggest thing against us is Aaron's lack of experience in big games and Jarrett Bush. Every team can beat us but no team scares me and we can beat every team still playing. Whether we will or not is the reason we play games in January. We can run, pass, create turnovers, and we don't turn the ball over that's the recipe for January success!

I chose Arizona simply because I believe we can manhandle them like the 49ers did. They don't like to get punched in the face and if you can get to Warner early you can rattle him for the rest of the game. The Vikings didn't do this and got turned one-dimensional. Our one-dimensional is better than theirs. They don't have a TE like the teams that beat us had and they their running game is not nearly good enough to do much against us if we stay healthy. With Pickett being able to take next week off we should be good to go.

Yeah, but a hot Warner can throw 3-step routes better than anyone in the league. He seems more streaky as of late, but he has the potential to be dangerous.

CaptainKickass
12-28-2009, 12:21 PM
I've felt for a while that this team has everything it needs to compete for the Super Bowl this year.

Except for Al Harris.

BallHawk
12-28-2009, 01:37 PM
I don't feel confident when the Packers play NFC East teams in the playoffs. Giants, Cowboys, Eagles...we've never done particularly well against those teams. Going into Dallas I wouldn't mind that much (since we're in the post-Favre era, Aaron played great when he had to fill in for Favre on that Thursday Night Game). Going into Philly scares me a lot. I have no problem playing the Eagles in Green Bay, but going into Philly changes a lot. It's such a hostile environment that I don't know how the younger players would respond to it, even a guy like Aaron.

Arizona, on the other hand, is the perfect environment for this team to play in. Plays to our strengths. Of course, it plays to AZ's strengths as well, but I've got confidence that our defense could take Warner out of his comfort zone.

pack4to84
12-28-2009, 09:11 PM
I want the Vikings. Rodgers wants his pay back. Vikings look weak on D. Bears Offense going up and down the field. Like they are playing the Lions. Bears could even do this vs Rams. They scored 17 points vs the Rams.

Badgerinmaine
12-29-2009, 08:21 AM
I think a lot of people are eager to play Minnesota based on their last two games--but remember that those losses were both on the road. If the Packers get the Vikings, it'll be in the HHH Metrodome where they are a different team. All four of their losses this year were on the road.

pack4to84
12-29-2009, 09:16 AM
I think a lot of people are eager to play Minnesota based on their last two games--but remember that those losses were both on the road. If the Packers get the Vikings, it'll be in the HHH Metrodome where they are a different team. All four of their losses this year were on the road.But Packer fans have more money and we follow our team. This could be a home game just not in Wisconsin. Most of the fan going to the Viking home games are Packer fans who jumped ship and are following Favre. This might be the game that brings them back.