PDA

View Full Version : I Have An Announcement!

Brando19
12-28-2009, 05:49 PM
My wife and I are expecting our first child!!!!!!!!! We've been trying for only 2 months now and she found out the day after Christmas. She went to the doctor this morning to be sure and she's 5 weeks along! If everything goes ok (pray for me), the estimated due date is September 1!

Bretsky
12-28-2009, 06:01 PM
CONGRATS BRANDO :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Zool
12-28-2009, 06:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJBZDrUEYYo

Congrats Brando! Now go get some sleep. You're gonna need it.

MJZiggy
12-28-2009, 06:07 PM
What fun! Congratulations! Life as you know it just got improved 10,000x.

And listen to those who tell you to sleep now. The little suckers are demanding and can't tell time yet.

HowardRoark
12-28-2009, 06:12 PM
Congratulations my fecund friend.

Ask Fosco33 what to expect, they seem to have a new kid every 6 months.

Freak Out
12-28-2009, 06:20 PM
Congrats......I guess. :lol: Another hillbilly in the world.....that kicks my ass at fantasy football!

All the best to you buddy! The drinks are on me.

red
12-28-2009, 06:27 PM
good job brando

Brando19
12-28-2009, 07:55 PM
Thank you all! I am extremely nervous and excited. I don't know what to expect...but I'm ready for the challenge. I have a niece...she's almost two...and I've learned alot about babies by being around her. I'm hoping for a little boy...but as long as it's healthy...it doesn't matter that much.
Freak: I'll try not to raise it to be a hillbilly like me. :lol:
Bretsky and Red: Thanks a million!
Howard: Fosco must be really busy with all them kids or broke from child support!
MJ and Zool: I have a feeling you're right about the sleep. I doubt I'll be getting any for a long time after it's here!

SkinBasket
12-28-2009, 09:26 PM
Pussy. Both times, it only took me 1 month. Nonetheless, congratulations.

You'll get used to the sleep thing. Rest, as you've known it, will change entirely, and sleep is just one aspect of that. I would recommend working on your patience ASAP. Oh, and get in as much sex as you can now. It'll help with that patience thing later. Focus on telling Mrs. Brando she's beautiful, not that her boobs are bigger. A pregnant wife can be a handful - even a pain in the ass, but make sure you take the time to treasure the whole big belly and the little dood in there.

Keep us updated. Are you going to keep the gender a secret from yourselves?

Brando19
12-28-2009, 09:32 PM

You'll get used to the sleep thing. Rest, as you've known it, will change entirely, and sleep is just one aspect of that. I would recommend working on your patience ASAP. Oh, and get in as much sex as you can now. It'll help with that patience thing later. Focus on telling Mrs. Brando she's beautiful, not that her boobs are bigger. A pregnant wife can be a handful - even a pain in the ass, but make sure you take the time to treasure the whole big belly and the little dood in there.

:lol: Well congrats on being a fertile son of a gun. I will definitely work on my patience, that's for sure. And a good suggestion. I'll take your advice on complimenting the wife the right way.
I would like to keep the gender a secret....but there's no chance I'd be able to do that...and my wife is the same way. I should know in a couple months...and I'll definitely keep you all posted.

Little Whiskey
12-28-2009, 09:45 PM
grats brando.

Skin is dead on. everything in your life is going to change. nothing will be the same. nothing will prepare you for the first night home. it will be the worst day/night of your life. just keep reminding yourself, it will only get better.

other than that, its pretty cool. :lol:

Brando19
12-28-2009, 09:48 PM
grats brando.

Skin is dead on. everything in your life is going to change. nothing will be the same. nothing will prepare you for the first night home. it will be the worst day/night of your life. just keep reminding yourself, it will only get better.

other than that, its pretty cool. :lol:
:shock: The worst!??! I hope not...but I'm scared. :lol:
Everything will change...my wife and I enjoyed it being just us for a while because we could do anything we wanted...if we wanted to go away for the weekend...we just went. But now that'll change...and I'm actually ready for it. I can't wait to hold this child in my arms for the first time.

MJZiggy
12-28-2009, 09:54 PM
You can still go away. You just have to bring a whole lot more stuff (and you wind up at Disney instead of the beach--voluntarily).

Tyrone Bigguns
12-28-2009, 10:51 PM
Get a DNA test, you wanna make sure the mothman isn't the father of your demon spawn.

But, as long as it has 6 legs and 4 wings i'm sure you'll be happy!

denverYooper
12-29-2009, 12:11 AM
Congrats!

Brando19
12-29-2009, 07:33 PM
:P Ty...I will have a DNA test, not because I fear it's the Mothman's, but those crazy people from Wrong Turn.

Thanks, denverYooper!!!

MJZiggy
12-29-2009, 07:55 PM
:P Ty...I will have a DNA test, not because I fear it's the Mothman's, but those crazy people from Wrong Turn.

Thanks, denverYooper!!!

My office-mate became a grandma for the third time today. There was a LOT of talk about babies, labor and delivery. I think we scarred our other office-mate who's young and single.

Brando19
12-29-2009, 08:00 PM

Thanks, denverYooper!!!

My office-mate became a grandma for the third time today. There was a LOT of talk about babies, labor and delivery. I think we scarred our other office-mate who's young and single.

:lol: That's pretty much all I've been hearing, too. My mom is so excited about being a grandmother.

SkinBasket
12-29-2009, 09:25 PM
:lol: That's pretty much all I've been hearing, too. My mom is so excited about being a grandmother.

I know. She was on fire tonight.

Sorry, but the mushy baby time is over. Time to get back to mom jokes.

Fosco33
12-29-2009, 11:07 PM
Congratulations my fecund friend.

Ask Fosco33 what to expect, they seem to have a new kid every 6 months.

Hahaha... yeah - 10.5mo apart. We're all done producing offspring.

Congrats, Brando. You'll find yourself immersed in online sites about week/week fetal development, ultrasounds, tests, crankiness, etc.

When the little one arrives, it's amazing.

We just flew back from WI with both of them today - and they were perfect. It's great being a Dad.

sheepshead
12-30-2009, 08:00 AM
Congratulations my three tooth packer brother, I guess you have time for something other than fantasy trades.

Brando19
12-30-2009, 07:36 PM
Fosco33: We're already starting to research those things on the internet! Thanks and Congrats to you, as well!

Sheep: Thanks! I make time for certain things. Hopefully one day when you figure out your sexuality...you'll be able to make a decision as well!

Scott Campbell
12-30-2009, 11:54 PM
This is great news. Another new Packer fan.

Brando19
12-31-2009, 03:38 PM

Absolutely...if it's a boy...he'll have his Woodson jersey on within a few days and I'll post a picture...if it's a girl...she'll have a pink Woodson jersey on. :lol:

MJZiggy
12-31-2009, 03:40 PM
What's with the pink crap? If it's a girl, get her Reggie!

pbmax
12-31-2009, 05:15 PM
Congratulations Brando, it will be a wonderful experience. You won't notice the sleep deprivation until they are 2 months or so! :lol:

My wife and I would work a late night/early morning schedule. She would stay up late for the late feeding and bedtime (anywhere from 12 - 2 AM). I would already be asleep (worked in the am) and I took the next wakeup. Sometimes is was a blissful 6 AM, sometimes 4 AM.

Some of my favorite moments with my son are when we were both awake at the crack of dawn, having a cup of coffee and reading the paper in absolute peace and silence. I am pretty sure reading the paper with Dad helped him reading on his own. And I am relatively sure the caffeine was not harmful. :)

Brando19
12-31-2009, 09:48 PM
PBMax: Do you only have one child? Sounds like you and your wife worked together and split most of the work. That's what I'll be doing, too. And the caffeine's not bad as long as you don't tell mama. :wink:

MJ: If it's a girl, I've got to work a little pink in her wardrobe! I don't want to raise Rosie O'Donnell! :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
12-31-2009, 10:48 PM

:lol: Well congrats on being a fertile son of a gun. I will definitely work on my patience, that's for sure. And a good suggestion. I'll take your advice on complimenting the wife the right way.
I would like to keep the gender a secret....but there's no chance I'd be able to do that...and my wife is the same way. I should know in a couple months...and I'll definitely keep you all posted.

Congrats! Kind of funny, but it took my wife and I about 9 months for the first child. Our second child (due in February) took about a week. Wonder what that makes me. A gunslinger, I guess.

HarveyWallbangers
12-31-2009, 10:50 PM

Absolutely...if it's a boy...he'll have his Woodson jersey on within a few days and I'll post a picture...if it's a girl...she'll have a pink Woodson jersey on. :lol:

My oldest daughter got her first real Packers outfit this Christmas (pink hoody with pink sweats). She loved it. She's obsessed with the Packers now. I got her to commit to Aaron Rodgers as her favorite player.

pbmax
12-31-2009, 11:02 PM
PBMax: Do you only have one child? Sounds like you and your wife worked together and split most of the work. That's what I'll be doing, too. And the caffeine's not bad as long as you don't tell mama. :wink:

MJ: If it's a girl, I've got to work a little pink in her wardrobe! I don't want to raise Rosie O'Donnell! :lol:
You can always go purple with the girl to avoid all pink, all the time (though that might not work with Packer gear). And the reason I know that...

... is the we have two children. My daughter was a very light sleeper and was up every 2-3 hours for the first 2 or 3 months. We took turns for that one because late pm/early am was leaving both of us with too little sleep. That was also when we discovered the benefits to sharing a bed with the littlest one, at least when my wife fed her. Everyone slept better.

And yes, we share most household and child rearing tasks. As we both work, there simply isn't time enough in the day to do it any other way.

Good luck to you both.

SkinBasket
01-01-2010, 08:22 AM
Congrats! Kind of funny, but it took my wife and I about 9 months for the first child. Our second child (due in February) took about a week. Wonder what that makes me. A gunslinger, I guess.

Congrats to you too 'slinger! Everyone's having babies! More evidence that posting here makes you sexier by default.

On a related note, has anyone here adopted a baby? We're considering it in an offhand kind of way.

pbmax
01-01-2010, 09:28 AM
Harvey was just having fun out there!

Skin, while my wife and I have not adopted, there have been two adoptions among close family, if that might help.

Brando19
01-01-2010, 11:02 AM

My oldest daughter got her first real Packers outfit this Christmas (pink hoody with pink sweats). She loved it. She's obsessed with the Packers now. I got her to commit to Aaron Rodgers as her favorite player.

That's great! Has to bring a tear to her ol' dad's eyes! So it took 9 months the first time and one week the second? At least you got the job done, gunslinger!!!!

Brando19
01-01-2010, 11:04 AM

You can always go purple with the girl to avoid all pink, all the time (though that might not work with Packer gear). And the reason I know that...

... is the we have two children. My daughter was a very light sleeper and was up every 2-3 hours for the first 2 or 3 months. We took turns for that one because late pm/early am was leaving both of us with too little sleep. That was also when we discovered the benefits to sharing a bed with the littlest one, at least when my wife fed her. Everyone slept better.

And yes, we share most household and child rearing tasks. As we both work, there simply isn't time enough in the day to do it any other way.

Good luck to you both.

My wife likes purple for a girl....but....VIKINGS?!?! My sister in law also discovered the benefits of sharing a bed with her daughter for a while. I guess we'll have to wait and see what works for us. I'll take all the advice I can get, though...so thanks!

Little Whiskey
01-01-2010, 11:16 AM

thats how it works for us gunslingers. hahaha. same thing happend to us harv.

I would have liked to have a little longer "Preseason" with the second.

MJZiggy
01-01-2010, 11:32 AM

Good luck to you both.

My wife likes purple for a girl....but....VIKINGS?!?! My sister in law also discovered the benefits of sharing a bed with her daughter for a while. I guess we'll have to wait and see what works for us. I'll take all the advice I can get, though...so thanks!

She can wear pink, just not in her Packer gear! In other words, on Tuesdays in the offseason when no OTAs training camp or the draft are going on. And I don't think Rosie's problem is a lack of pink in her childhood wardrobe.

The way we did sleep, I slept on a futon next to the crib until 1. He started sleeping longer stretches and 2. I got tired of sleeping on a futon and wanted my own bed. Worked out very well.

Brando19
01-01-2010, 01:04 PM

Good luck to you both.

She can wear pink, just not in her Packer gear! In other words, on Tuesdays in the offseason when no OTAs training camp or the draft are going on. And I don't think Rosie's problem is a lack of pink in her childhood wardrobe.

The way we did sleep, I slept on a futon next to the crib until 1. He started sleeping longer stretches and 2. I got tired of sleeping on a futon and wanted my own bed. Worked out very well.

:lol: I like your advice on wearing pink. We will start fixing up a nursery once we find out the baby's sex, but I will put a crib in our room for a while.

Fosco33
01-01-2010, 05:05 PM
I say put the wee ones in the top part (basinett) of the pack n play. You won't need a crib until they're about 6 months (or whenever they start rolling over).

Daughter sleeps in a crib but started climbing out of it at 13mo! We bought a tent that straps (very tight) over it.

Little man still sleeps in the pack n play... I think when daughter is ready for a little bed my son will adopt the neutral crib.

She's got her own room and we just use a monitor. Both sleep very well!

Note - once they hit 10-12 lbs (usually 2-3 mo), they can sustain themselves through the night. You'll get the occasional 3am wake-up for a quick change and of course milk/formula during growth spurts (3mo, 4.5mo, 6mo).

Just wait til they start teething... :P

My 15.5 mo old now has top/bottom 4 and all 4 premolars (they take about a month to come full through).

Brando19
03-22-2010, 07:08 PM
The wife and I just got back from the doctor. She's 17 weeks and we got to find out the gender today. We're having a BOY!!! We're so excited. I'm the only one in my family that can carry on the family name so it's a big deal. It was amazing how much it had changed since the last sonogram. You could see his little toes and his fingers moving. It was awesome. Our parents are excited, too. September can't get here fast enough!

Freak Out
03-24-2010, 12:32 PM
Congrats Brando.......you will never have more fun than you will raising your children. Just keep them out of the coal mine. :wink:

HarveyWallbangers
03-24-2010, 01:02 PM
Congrats! I was in a similar situation, and we ended up having two girls. I'm an only child. My Dad's older brother had girls. My Dad's younger brother (the black sheep of the family) has a boy and girl, but the boy is either gay or a real nerd, so I don't have much hope that he'll carry on the family name. A boy wasn't in the cards for us though.

Freak Out
03-24-2010, 01:11 PM
Congrats! I was in a similar situation, and we ended up having two girls. I'm an only child. My Dad's older brother had girls. My Dad's younger brother (the black sheep of the family) has a boy and girl, but the boy is either gay or a real nerd, so I don't have much hope that he'll carry on the family name. A boy wasn't in the cards for us though.

No bastards running around somewhere? :)

Brando19
03-26-2010, 07:19 PM

Two girls? I bet you love them more than you could imagine, though. I hope I eventually have a little girl...but I only want two children and if I have another boy then oh well.

Brando19
03-26-2010, 07:21 PM
Congrats Brando.......you will never have more fun than you will raising your children. Just keep them out of the coal mine. :wink:

Thanks, my friend. I'm looking forward to it. And I'll try to keep him out of the mine, but there's no promises he won't marry his cousin. :wink: