PDA

View Full Version : " THINKGS TO LIKE AND FEAR ABOUT GB IN PLAYOFFS"

Bretsky
12-29-2009, 12:27 AM
http://www.todaystmj4.com/bloggers/lanceallan/80189312.html

packerbacker1234
12-29-2009, 12:55 AM
Things to fear:

Ballhawking defense, fact we wont have to play in cold weather at least in round 1.

Why does that matter? Were a passing team. The indoors stuff actually helps us.

Bossman641
12-29-2009, 01:20 AM
I really don't understand the fear of the Eagles. They have squeaked by a few teams that they probably should have lost to and aren't dominating by any stretch of the imagination.

I am worried about the quickness of Jackson and Maclin, but think Woodson/Williams is actually a better matchup then Woodson/Harris would be. Offensively, I think our multi WR and Finley sets can shred their defense.

ICU81MI
12-29-2009, 01:32 AM
I really don't understand the fear of the Eagles. They have squeaked by a few teams that they probably should have lost to and aren't dominating by any stretch of the imagination.

I am worried about the quickness of Jackson and Maclin, but think Woodson/Williams is actually a better matchup then Woodson/Harris would be. Offensively, I think our multi WR and Finley sets can shred their defense.

It would definitely be an offensive battle. They would shred the Packers D as bad as anyone has.

Bossman641
12-29-2009, 01:49 AM

It would definitely be an offensive battle. They would shred the Packers D as bad as anyone has.

To me the wildcards are Westbrook/McCoy and Celek. I think Woodson/Williams can neutralize Jackson and Maclin. Personally, I don't fear Reggie Brown or Jason Avant at all. The TE and RB's could hurt us though.

On the flip side though, can anybody tell me anything about the Eagles 3rd and 4th CB's, Joselio Hanson and Dimitri Patterson?

pbmax
12-29-2009, 09:04 AM
The fear of the Eagles is because they are one of the hot teams in the league and they have lots of fast offensive weapons. Then entire state media believes that the Packers have no pass D since Al Harris got hurt; to them this is an unwinnable game.

As it usually is with the media, groupthink has taken some interesting facts and run off with them to find the Hale Bopp comet. They have forgotten about the Eagles weaknesses, their inability to run, their suddenly porous defense and Andy Reid's league-leading bad clock management. :lol:

gbgary
12-29-2009, 09:23 AM
there's nothing to fear. we're back in the playoffs. the future looks great (as long as the labor situation is ironed out). even playing on the road isn't a bad thing. good weather and domes just means weather won't be an issue like the last time we were in the playoffs. as fans we'd like to see games in Lambeau but ask the players and they'll say warm is better...i think rodgers already has said as much.

HarveyWallbangers
12-29-2009, 04:26 PM
NFC Ranks

OFFENSE

Points - 3rd
Yards - 3rd
Passing Yards - 3rd
Rushing Yards - 6th
1st Downs - 5th
3rd Down % - 1st
Completion % - 4th
Yards Per Play - 4th
Yards Per Rush - 5th
Yards Per Pass - 3rd
Sacks - 16th
Turnovers - 1st

DEFENSE

Points - 3rd
Yards - 1st
Passing Yards - 4th
Rushing Yards - 1st
1st Downs - 1st
3rd Down % - 4th
Completion % - 1st
Yards Per Play - 2nd
Yards Per Rush - 1st
Yards Per Pass - 2nd
Sacks - 5th
Turnovers - 2nd

MISC
Time of Possession - 1st
Turnover Margin - 1st
Penalties - 11th

The only things we don't rank high in are sacks allowed, penalties, and special teams. We have been MUCH better in those things in the second half of the season. That gives me a lot of hope. The thing that scares me the most are special teams. Our punter is below average, our punt returner is nothing special (although I like Jordy on kickoff returns), our coverage is inconsistent, and our kicker is shaky right now.

Smidgeon
12-29-2009, 04:36 PM
NFC Ranks

OFFENSE

Points - 3rd
Yards - 3rd
Passing Yards - 3rd
Rushing Yards - 6th
1st Downs - 5th
3rd Down % - 1st
Completion % - 4th
Yards Per Play - 4th
Yards Per Rush - 5th
Yards Per Pass - 3rd
Sacks - 16th
Turnovers - 1st

DEFENSE

Points - 3rd
Yards - 1st
Passing Yards - 4th
Rushing Yards - 1st
1st Downs - 1st
3rd Down % - 4th
Completion % - 1st
Yards Per Play - 2nd
Yards Per Rush - 1st
Yards Per Pass - 2nd
Sacks - 5th
Turnovers - 2nd

MISC
Time of Possession - 1st
Turnover Margin - 1st
Penalties - 11th

The only things we don't rank high in are sacks allowed, penalties, and special teams. We have been MUCH better in those things in the second half of the season. That gives me a lot of hope. The thing that scares me the most are special teams. Our punter is below average, our punt returner is nothing special (although I like Jordy on kickoff returns), our coverage is inconsistent, and our kicker is shaky right now.

Is GB first in defensive yards?

mraynrand
12-29-2009, 04:47 PM
The fear of the Eagles is because they are one of the hot teams in the league and they have lots of fast offensive weapons. Then entire state media believes that the Packers have no pass D since Al Harris got hurt; to them this is an unwinnable game.

As it usually is with the media, groupthink has taken some interesting facts and run off with them to find the Hale Bopp comet. They have forgotten about the Eagles weaknesses, their inability to run, their suddenly porous defense and Andy Reid's league-leading bad clock management. :lol:

how sore is McNabb's hammy? Just when you think you have that guy wrapped up and defeated he runs for 29 yards on third and 28 - or throws for 27 on fourth and 26.

denverYooper
12-29-2009, 04:50 PM
What I like about us is that we've been deeply flawed all year and we've learned how to troubleshoot pretty well. While Minny and NO have been the media darlings and putting on a show, we've been fighting along and learning how to win despite our flaws. Poor line play, no running game, too many penalties, special teams fuckups, not enough pressure on the QB, the loss of two probowl players, and lately an (exposed?) secondary.

And we're 10-5 despite all of that. That's a lot of shit to have overcome. In a way, the Eagles and Cards are in the same boat as we are, they've had their own set of issues. Talent-wise, the field is pretty level. It's just that our flaws were exposed early and often and the two top teams have been shown up late.

We'll see if they adjust, but their balls are showing and we're holding the same big spiked bat that we have learned to use on opponents more than on ourselves. We'll see how good our aim is with that sucker.

It's all gravy at this point.

HarveyWallbangers
12-29-2009, 05:15 PM

1st in the NFC. 2nd in the NFL. These were NFC rankings.

Smidgeon
12-29-2009, 05:28 PM

Sorry. Missed that part. I was wondering why they were only 16th in sacks...

Mazzin
12-29-2009, 06:30 PM

Sorry. Missed that part. I was wondering why they were only 16th in sacks...

Only...lol theres only 16 teams in the nfc...CANT get worse.

Bretsky
12-29-2009, 07:18 PM
I'm a bit disappointed the NFL Network is hyping Dallas, Phily, and AZ as danger teams and seem to be ignoring GB and the Vikes as serious threats

I don't see why AZ or DAL are more of a threat than the Packers are. MN is slumping on defense so I get that.

packer4life
12-29-2009, 07:46 PM

anyone have a rundown on our NFL rankings in all those categories (someone not as lazy as i? please?)

HarveyWallbangers
12-29-2009, 07:59 PM
anyone have a rundown on our NFL rankings in all those categories (someone not as lazy as i? please?)

5th in the NFC. I think 9th in the NFL.

MJZiggy
12-29-2009, 08:22 PM
I have a colleague who is an Eagles fan (we hire all kinds there) and says that the Pack is the only team he's afraid of.

That said, if we play in Arizona, what I fear is cramps more than the other team...

packer4life
12-29-2009, 08:55 PM
my friend from philadelphia thought the same. I asked him which NFC team scares him the most in the playoffs and he immediately said the Pack

HowardRoark
12-29-2009, 08:57 PM
I have a colleague who is an Eagles fan (we hire all kinds there) and says that the Pack is the only team he's afraid of.

That said, if we play in Arizona, what I fear is cramps more than the other team...

Can't you people just take a Midol or something.

MJZiggy
12-29-2009, 09:17 PM
Imagine if a cramp can take a pro football player that gets hit for a living out of a game...

alquaal
12-31-2009, 04:23 AM
Imagine if a cramp can take a pro football player that gets hit for a living out of a game...

Thats the thing with pro football, its like a demolition derby with Indy cars.
I remember playing football in the Marine Corps, we were all built like tanks so it was probably slow and boring to watch but we beat the hell out of each other and it was rare that anyone got hurt.

Fritz
12-31-2009, 03:25 PM
I'm just happy they're playing well and in the playoffs. It's fun times, now.

I'd love to see them win at least one playoff game. That would feel good, really good. Plus, if they lose in the first round I really don't want to come on this site and read all the "fire MM" and "dump _______" that we'll get.

Smidgeon
12-31-2009, 03:34 PM

I'd love to see them win at least one playoff game. That would feel good, really good. Plus, if they lose in the first round I really don't want to come on this site and read all the "fire MM" and "dump _______" that we'll get.

I think by "_______" you meant "Campen"...

Lurker64
12-31-2009, 04:30 PM

I think by "_______" you meant "Campen"...

Even if we win the Superbowl by the largest margin in history, I think I'd still want Campen gone.

Fritz
12-31-2009, 06:32 PM
No, I meant you could plug in any of about a half-dozen names there. Take your pick.

Some would say fire Thompson, some would say MM, some Jarrett Bush, some Kapinos, some the water boy. Mostly Thompson and MM, though, probably, if they go one and out. You know how weird people get.

"Winning a Super Bowl is the only acceptable outcome. Anything less that that is failure, and I don't tolerate failure. Therefore, Thompson and McCarthy must go."

That kind of crap. Er, stuff.