PDA

View Full Version : Daryn Colledge - a good human being

Patler
12-30-2009, 04:20 PM
II admit to being one who is critical of Colledge, have been all along, even last year when he looked to have turned a corner. Still don't like his spotty performances, and I am tired of seeing him thrown to the ground by d-linemen.

But, we should never confuse athletic ability with personality. Colledge is a man of apparent great substance and generosity. A tremendous asset to his community. He deserves to be recognized for that, and acknowledged as a professional athlete who doesn't seem to take his prominence for granted. Here is the story of his nomination for the Walter Payton Man of the Year Award:

http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2009/12/28/2/

Congratulations Daryn Colledge.

Patler
12-30-2009, 04:21 PM
Why was my posting blank??
I "edited" it by just copying, pasting and resubmitting the same thing, and everything appeared the second time. Anyone able to explain?

It even entered it as two different topics. I'm really confused!

Administrator
12-30-2009, 04:50 PM
Why was my posting blank??
I "edited" it by just copying, pasting and resubmitting the same thing, and everything appeared the second time. Anyone able to explain?

It even entered it as two different topics. I'm really confused!

Your other topic (which I removed) had a space in the link you posted. That causes the post to be blank in this version of the software.

Patler
12-30-2009, 05:35 PM
Okee dokey!

Now what about that Daryn Colledge!

hoosier
12-30-2009, 07:02 PM
Why are all the posts in this thread blank???

BF4MVP
12-30-2009, 07:15 PM
Wow this thread has gotten off to a rough start :lol:

Daryn's definitely a good guy who does a lot of charity work. I saw him and Spitz ringing the bell at the mall a few weeks ago..He hasn't been as good a player this year as I thought or hoped he would be, but he does a lot for the community and definitely deserves this award. Well done, Daryn!

pbmax
12-30-2009, 07:29 PM
Wow this thread has gotten off to a rough start :lol:

Daryn's definitely a good guy who does a lot of charity work. I saw him and Spitz ringing the bell at the mall a few weeks ago..He hasn't been as good a player this year as I thought or hoped he would be, but he does a lot for the community and definitely deserves this award. Well done, Daryn!
Please tell me Spitz was in a full body cast?!

And nowhere near ice.

MJZiggy
12-30-2009, 09:13 PM
I don't understand. What good does it do him when he wins the national honor to have the league invite him to the SuperBowl in Miami if he's going to be playing in it anyway? :?:

bobblehead
12-30-2009, 11:51 PM
I've always been a College fan for his agility and for his attitude off the field, but he seems to lack that mean streak a good OL needs. I have always felt the best OL are scrappers who never quit. They kick, hold, trip, and scrap to the whistle, DC seems to "lay down" once he loses position. He needs to gain that aggressive nature to have consistency and to recover when he gets beat initially.

All that being said it is true that he is a very decent man.

sheepshead
12-31-2009, 07:10 AM
Relaying factual material, especially human interest material isn't viewed very kindly here lately. If you were some kid hoped up on Red Bull, Cheetos and typing garbage just be to heard Patler, your posts wouldn't come under any scrutiny at all.

boiga
12-31-2009, 09:10 AM
I've got to give Colledge credit for improvement on the field. His off field persona seems a little pompous, but being friends with spitz for the last couple of years seems to have taken the edge off of that too. His wife's fluff pieces in the GBPG about football players' family experiences in GB are painfully sappy.

However, I'm a big fan of his player interviews on "The Colledge Experience"

http://www.packers.com/multimedia/videos/recent/

Nick Barnett recently ditched his commitment to go on the show, so Evan Dietrich-Smith was the stand in. D-S got two pies to the face by the other backup O-line men and was answering the Barnett fan questions covered in cream. Colledge does not take rejection well it seems.

Also got to love Hawk calling Clay out for having "girl hair" and Bigby pitying the male pattern baldness that has stricken the O-Line.

Fritz
12-31-2009, 09:16 AM
Come on, Patler. I'm trying to hate on Colledge. He's had an up and down year, no excuse for a guy who's played as long as he has now.

I'm trying to work up a nice hate so I can call for his head, and you throw this stuff in about him as a person. He's not a real person, okay? He's a symbol, nothing more than one of those velcro tear-off-their-body-parts football dolls that are sold to frustrated fans.

You're making it much harder for me to simply insult the guy and call for his head.

Go back to your red bull and cheetos, and don't come back until you've got a few mindless rants ready for us.

I would recommend you start with Jarrett Bush. He's easy. Just don't think of him as a real human being; instead, think of him as the cause of all your unhappiness. You can do it, Patler!

mraynrand
12-31-2009, 09:40 AM
He's a symbol, nothing more than one of those velcro tear-off-their-body-parts football dolls that are sold to frustrated fans.

I always likened him to one of those beat up electronic football players that would just spin around in circles when the juice was on.

http://static.squidoo.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/draft_lens2062666module10566550photo_1216663499DSC 00058.JPG

pbmax
12-31-2009, 10:33 AM
He's a symbol, nothing more than one of those velcro tear-off-their-body-parts football dolls that are sold to frustrated fans.

I always likened him to one of those beat up electronic football players that would just spin around in circles when the juice was on.

http://static.squidoo.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/draft_lens2062666module10566550photo_1216663499DSC 00058.JPG
It was a sad day for electronic football when Hollywood Henderson had to be suspended for four hours due to a violation of the household Drug Policy.

Fritz
12-31-2009, 10:45 AM
I betray my age by saying that I recall it being called "electric" football - the field vibrated and the players buzzed helter-skelter all over. The quarterback was taller and "held" a little felt football, which you "threw" by pulling his arm back and letting fly. It never hit any of the little plastic dudes, and if you pretended it did your player buzzed around in circles anyway. Maddening game.

We had the Packers-Colts, I believe.

Patler
12-31-2009, 04:14 PM
I betray my age by saying that I recall it being called "electric" football - the field vibrated and the players buzzed helter-skelter all over. The quarterback was taller and "held" a little felt football, which you "threw" by pulling his arm back and letting fly. It never hit any of the little plastic dudes, and if you pretended it did your player buzzed around in circles anyway. Maddening game.

We had the Packers-Colts, I believe.

I still have one of those games in my basement! I picked it up in the early '60s. It somehow ended up in my parents basement, and came back to me about 25 years ago. By that time I thought it might be worth hanging on to!

Patler
12-31-2009, 04:15 PM
Come on, Patler. I'm trying to hate on Colledge. He's had an up and down year, no excuse for a guy who's played as long as he has now.

I'm trying to work up a nice hate so I can call for his head, and you throw this stuff in about him as a person. He's not a real person, okay? He's a symbol, nothing more than one of those velcro tear-off-their-body-parts football dolls that are sold to frustrated fans.

You're making it much harder for me to simply insult the guy and call for his head.

Go back to your red bull and cheetos, and don't come back until you've got a few mindless rants ready for us.

I would recommend you start with Jarrett Bush. He's easy. Just don't think of him as a real human being; instead, think of him as the cause of all your unhappiness. You can do it, Patler!

Hate the play, love the player! :lol:

MJZiggy
12-31-2009, 04:25 PM

It was a sad day for electronic football when Hollywood Henderson had to be suspended for four hours due to a violation of the household Drug Policy.

:lol: :lol:

Fritz
12-31-2009, 06:39 PM

You are so messed up. I try and I try and I try but you don't seem to learn.

You hate the player and the play when he screws up. If he then makes a good play you pretend you liked him all along.

See?

pbmax
12-31-2009, 07:04 PM

You are so messed up. I try and I try and I try but you don't seem to learn.

You hate the player and the play when he screws up. If he then makes a good play you pretend you liked him all along.

See?
Don't forget to take shots at the coach and play calling.

HarveyWallbangers
12-31-2009, 08:31 PM

Instant classic.
:D

Freak Out
01-01-2010, 12:46 AM

Instant classic.
:D

:worship:

Freak Out
01-01-2010, 12:51 AM
Harvey Schultz!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9sD1hmqBFs

Freak Out
01-01-2010, 12:56 AM
:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK12qfIBGf4&NR=1