PDA

View Full Version : mm's team this weekend...

gbgary
12-31-2009, 05:28 PM
Any clue if mm is gonna take this game serious or not? It's not a lock that we're gonna play the cards again next week. I'd like to think we'd be going for the win and 11-5.

Fritz
12-31-2009, 06:29 PM
Vandermause had what I thought was a rather cheap article about MM needing to play the starters to win, keep the competetive edge, all that. But if a win doesn't change your playoff spot materially, and you played, say, Rodgers and Woodson all the way and one got hurt (god forbid), how could you ever justify that?

channtheman
01-01-2010, 03:16 AM
Vandermause had what I thought was a rather cheap article about MM needing to play the starters to win, keep the competetive edge, all that. But if a win doesn't change your playoff spot materially, and you played, say, Rodgers and Woodson all the way and one got hurt (god forbid), how could you ever justify that?

It's football and you PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!

Players get injured all the time. Just because someone said a game was meaningless (no game is meaningless, imo.) doesn't make it so.

Coaches way to often do things so that the media doesn't chew them up.

bobblehead
01-01-2010, 10:17 AM
I would sit Wells, we have no serviceable backup and OL is a rough position. I would sit any number of guys nursing injuries and/or older vets who can benefit from extra recovery.

I posted before that MM will not even activate at least 5 starters. Woodson, Maybe 3 OL with old tackles and Wells as the only center. Pickett won't play almost for sure.

My opinion is we mail this one in almost completely.

Fritz
01-01-2010, 10:53 AM

Players get injured all the time. Just because someone said a game was meaningless (no game is meaningless, imo.) doesn't make it so.

I don't know if I agree. If the game is meaningless and you "play to win the game," and one of your best players is hurt, you've just blown your chance to win in the playoffs.

I'm not a huge believer in momentum any more. Two years ago the Giants lost their last game of the season but then went on a run. They were tough. I believe that Bretsky's assessment of playoff success is correct: Super Bowl teams have this kind of grunting toughness, this relentless attitude, that gets them to the Super Bowl.

However a team acquires that attitude, that's what I want.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-01-2010, 08:15 PM

No. This isn't you and your friends playing. This is the NFL.

You don't play to win the game. You play to win the Superbowl.

The Leaper
01-01-2010, 09:57 PM
There is no reason to show Arizona anything on film or risk anyone to injury. These guys have been playinig for 4 months now. Do we sit here and worry about how bad our team when look when we return from the bye? Of course not...but that is the same thing as using this as a meaningless game.

Rodgers should not even see the field in this game...neither should anyone else who is nicked up in the least. Great opportunity to give some of the depth chart a good workout in case we need them in the playoffs.