PDA

View Full Version : RB Beanie Wells Questionable for Packers Game

SnakeLH2006
01-02-2010, 02:19 AM
http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/nfl_news.cfm?news_id=1116

Beanie Wells questionable for Packers game
By Brian Murphy, Saturday, January 2, 2010 12:56:52 AM EST

The Arizona Cardinals have prepared all week for the Green Bay Packers. But as to how they carry out that game plan won't be decided until minutes before Sunday's 4:15 p.m. Eastern Time kickoff. If the Vikings lose to the Giants earlier in the day, expect the Cardinals' regulars to come out with guns blazing as they fight for a first-round bye. But if the Vikings win, the Cardinals will be relegated to either the No. 3 or No. 4 seed in the NFC. And that might mean the team will rest its playmakers. And that includes the ones who are healthy. For those who are not healthy, a Vikings win will probably all but eliminate them from the game. Running back Beanie Wells is one of those players who could use a week off. He was limited in practice all week due to a groin injury and is listed as questionable to play against the Packers.

Fantasy Analysis:
This is a tough decision for fantasy owners as Wells might see limited playing time on Sunday. But he has been playing very well lately, scoring in the past three weeks and posting at least 14 fantasy points in each of those games. But if you are debating on whether or not to start Beanie this week, I think the Vikings will make the decision for you. If the Vikings lose, go ahead and get Wells into your lineup. Even against the Packers' strong run defense, Wells is at least a nice flex play in 12-team leagues. But if the Vikings win and a first-round bye becomes an impossible goal for Arizona, get Wells onto your bench. I think the team will rest him and try to get him healthy for the playoffs the following week -- which may hold a rematch with Green Bay.

That's good stuff as Beanie has been pretty solid (and props to Patler for predicting how Beanie is no Edgerinn draft wise), yet Warner ain't shit without a running game. Go Pack. We win this one.

gex
01-03-2010, 01:06 PM
http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/nfl_news.cfm?news_id=1116

Beanie Wells questionable for Packers game
By Brian Murphy, Saturday, January 2, 2010 12:56:52 AM EST

The Arizona Cardinals have prepared all week for the Green Bay Packers. But as to how they carry out that game plan won't be decided until minutes before Sunday's 4:15 p.m. Eastern Time kickoff. If the Vikings lose to the Giants earlier in the day, expect the Cardinals' regulars to come out with guns blazing as they fight for a first-round bye. But if the Vikings win, the Cardinals will be relegated to either the No. 3 or No. 4 seed in the NFC. And that might mean the team will rest its playmakers. And that includes the ones who are healthy. For those who are not healthy, a Vikings win will probably all but eliminate them from the game. Running back Beanie Wells is one of those players who could use a week off. He was limited in practice all week due to a groin injury and is listed as questionable to play against the Packers.

Fantasy Analysis:
This is a tough decision for fantasy owners as Wells might see limited playing time on Sunday. But he has been playing very well lately, scoring in the past three weeks and posting at least 14 fantasy points in each of those games. But if you are debating on whether or not to start Beanie this week, I think the Vikings will make the decision for you. If the Vikings lose, go ahead and get Wells into your lineup. Even against the Packers' strong run defense, Wells is at least a nice flex play in 12-team leagues. But if the Vikings win and a first-round bye becomes an impossible goal for Arizona, get Wells onto your bench. I think the team will rest him and try to get him healthy for the playoffs the following week -- which may hold a rematch with Green Bay.

That's good stuff as Beanie has been pretty solid (and props to Patler for predicting how Beanie is no Edgerinn draft wise), yet Warner ain't shit without a running game. Go Pack. We win this one.

I had Beanie on a few of my teams, and he really came on strong at the end and helped me win a championship and go far in a couple of other leagues.