PDA

View Full Version : Fear?

ND72
01-03-2010, 08:51 AM
Looking at our final game today, what is it you fear more looking at this game? Are you more scared of getting someone injured? Or are you more scared that if we take our starters out, we could be letting the foot off the gas pedal heading into the playoffs?

Every year I think teams are stupid that rest their starters, I just don't believe it helps. I think Green Bay is a prime example. We have been an up and down team, and we are really up right now, so I'm worried it could be a let down.

The whole "not showing Arizona everything we have" is rediculous. We've played 15 games, and 4 preseason games....that's 19 tapes Arizona can see.

pbmax
01-03-2010, 09:04 AM
I wouldn't mind playing the starters for 2 or 3 quarters. But then, I don't have a strong preference for a certain playoff opponent. If you want Minnesota, then rest may be the way to go.

Stevogbfan
01-03-2010, 09:11 AM
no fear except that i may blink and miss something, i think this will be a great game

Joemailman
01-03-2010, 09:39 AM
Gas pedal to some extent.

I would fear a situation like you had with Denver/Green Bay in 1996. In that game, Denver had home field wrapped up, while the Packers were still fighting for home field. Shanahan benched some his starters, sending Bill Musgrave out against the great Packer defense. The Packers killed them 41-6. Many feel Denver never recovered. They struggled in their last 2 regular season games, and then were upset by Jacksonville in their first playoff game.

If Arizona has a shot at the #2 seed, I wouldn't want to see MM send a depleted Packer lineup out against Warner % Co. That's the only thing I would fear. I don't think Mike would do it. Doesn't seem a part of his nature.

bobblehead
01-03-2010, 09:57 AM
Looking at our final game today, what is it you fear more looking at this game? Are you more scared of getting someone injured? Or are you more scared that if we take our starters out, we could be letting the foot off the gas pedal heading into the playoffs?

Every year I think teams are stupid that rest their starters, I just don't believe it helps. I think Green Bay is a prime example. We have been an up and down team, and we are really up right now, so I'm worried it could be a let down.

The whole "not showing Arizona everything we have" is rediculous. We've played 15 games, and 4 preseason games....that's 19 tapes Arizona can see.

what az hasn't seen is how we game plan for them. What we plan on doing against certain players and/or alignments. We will absolutely rest our starters early with several on D for sure not even suiting up. History shows that teams play better off a bye, so giving many of our players a bye right now is the right thing to do.

edit: My main fear is that we are so good that our backups hurt a good man like Kurt Warner should he suit up :shock:

Fritz
01-03-2010, 10:36 AM
Most of all, I fear injury. IF certain players, go down, the team is all but sunk in the playoffs.

I don't think the Packers need to win, yet I do think they need to play to win. I don't think a team needs big momentum going in to the playoffs, but I think they need to be playing at that scuffling, whatever-it-takes level. I just don't know how you get that and still not risk guys getting injured. Tough call.

red
01-03-2010, 12:32 PM
good question, i would say a little bit of all of them

but mostly i think i'm scared of giving up our gameplan to the team we might face again next week

i almost wish we just see a lot of draw plays today from flynn to green

Guiness
01-03-2010, 12:43 PM
I'm with Wist (edit: I mean Red), and I don't even want to see Flynn to Green - how about to one of our 3 Fullbacks? I think Kuhn, Hall and Johnson each deserve about 15 carries! And does Flynn have to get on the field? Don't we have a PS QB we can call up? I think CW should only see the field in dime situations.

I think this game is a very special situation, given that we will likely be playing them again next week. Draw plays, off-tackle, and throws to the flat are the order of the day. Give them no film whatsover to see.

ND72
01-03-2010, 02:04 PM
History actually hasn't shown in resent years that coming off a bye is worth anything, except for older players. We have a bunch of young players, some of which haven't played in a playoff game. I would prepare now for next week. Gut feeling is this week's "BYE" week for Minnesota vs. the Giants will help them in at least the first week of the playoffs. But why Childress has most of his starters in now, is beyond me.

I would go after it and even send Zona a message. I think you keep the ball rolling until you're either up 14, or down 14, and play it by ear then.

DonHutson
01-03-2010, 02:56 PM
I vote E) Fear itself.

ICU81MI
01-03-2010, 06:08 PM
The thing that I fear is coming to fruition. Having to be the #5 seed with the vikes as the #2 seed. I have little doubt that we'll be going to the second round. I don't want anything to do with the Vikes in round two, though, which we'll be slated to play :(

pbmax
01-03-2010, 06:12 PM
The thing that I fear is coming to fruition. Having to be the #5 seed with the vikes as the #2 seed. I have little doubt that we'll be going to the second round. I don't want anything to do with the Vikes in round two, though, which we'll be slated to play :(
I wouldn't count the Eagles out of it next week. Although they look like toast right now.

Wait a minute...

Reverse that. If Packers and Eagles win, Packers play Vikings. If Pack and Cowboys win, its off to New Orleans.

Zool
01-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Vampires