PDA

View Full Version : May 11, 2011

Joemailman
01-03-2010, 09:58 AM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/01/01/BA8V1AV589.DTL&feed=rss.news

You thought the world was ending in 2012? You don't have that long. At least I can get 2 more birthdays in.

MJZiggy
01-03-2010, 11:13 AM
I'M TOO YOUNG TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fosco33
01-03-2010, 12:40 PM
I don't even know where to begin laughing...

The number 5, Camping concluded, equals "atonement." Ten is "completeness." Seventeen means "heaven." Camping patiently explained how he reached his conclusion for May 21, 2011.

"Christ hung on the cross April 1, 33 A.D.," he began. "Now go to April 1 of 2011 A.D., and that's 1,978 years."

Camping then multiplied 1,978 by 365.2422 days - the number of days in each solar year, not to be confused with a calendar year.

Next, Camping noted that April 1 to May 21 encompasses 51 days. Add 51 to the sum of previous multiplication total, and it equals 722,500.

Camping realized that (5 x 10 x 17) x (5 x 10 x 17) = 722,500.

Or put into words: (Atonement x Completeness x Heaven), squared.

Technically there are 365.2421896698 days in a year, although it is gradually getting shorter by about half a second per century.

Meaning in Christ's time, years were 10 seconds longer than they are today. Over 2000 years, that's about 10500 seconds or ~3 hours difference.

Why not do (5*10*17) cubed (father, son, holy spirit)? Meaning the world will end in 1.68M years...

red
01-03-2010, 12:55 PM
oh my god

and i was born in 1978

i'm really screwed

its fun playing with numbers. you can make anything add up to anything you want if you add enough equations into the mix

is april 1 a hard number for when jebus was on the cross? or is that just a made up number like his birthday?

Jimx29
01-03-2010, 02:13 PM
All I know is if in the days just prior to that date, it's proved to be definite, everyone/everything near me better watch out cause i'm gonna eff something. :?

MadScientist
01-03-2010, 02:53 PM
I'd go with this for the biggest laugh:

Rick LaCasse, who attended the September 1994 service in Alameda, said that 15 years later, his faith in Camping has only strengthened.

"Evidently, he was wrong," LaCasse allowed, "but this time it is going to happen. There was some doubt last time, but we didn't have any proofs. This time we do.

I really wish these nit-wits were closer, and I knew some of them. I'd offer pennies on the dollar for their good stuff a week before the 'end' so they could enjoy their last week on earth. :lol:

MJZiggy
01-03-2010, 03:02 PM
I'd go with this for the biggest laugh:

Rick LaCasse, who attended the September 1994 service in Alameda, said that 15 years later, his faith in Camping has only strengthened.

"Evidently, he was wrong," LaCasse allowed, "but this time it is going to happen. There was some doubt last time, but we didn't have any proofs. This time we do.

I really wish these nit-wits were closer, and I knew some of them. I'd offer pennies on the dollar for their good stuff a week before the 'end' so they could enjoy their last week on earth. :lol:

Good idea Mr. Potter!

Fosco33
01-03-2010, 03:54 PM
All these date predictions and literal biblical interpretations make me smile. My wife's family is 7th day adventist... check out their glorious beginnings...

Main article: History of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
The Seventh-day Adventist Church is the largest of several "Adventist" groups which arose from the Millerite movement of the 1840s. The Millerites (after William Miller) were part of the wave of revivalism in the United States known as the Second Great Awakening. Miller predicted on the basis of Daniel 8:14-16 and the "day-year principle" that Jesus Christ would return to Earth on October 22, 1844. When this did not happen, most of his followers disbanded and returned to their original churches.

A small number of Millerites came to believe that Miller's calculations were correct, but that his interpretation of Daniel 8:14 was flawed. Beginning with a vision reported by Hiram Edson on October 23, these Adventists (as this group of Millerite believers came to be known) arrived at the conviction that Daniel 8:14 foretold Christ's entrance into the "Most Holy Place" of the heavenly sanctuary rather than his second coming. Over the next decade this understanding developed into the doctrine of the investigative judgment: an eschatological process commencing in 1844 in which Christians will be judged to verify their eligibility for salvation and God's justice will be confirmed before the universe. The Adventists continued to believe that Christ's second coming would be imminent, although they refrained from setting further dates for the event.

Adventists often view themselves as heirs of earlier groups such as the Waldenses, Protestant Reformers including the Anabaptists, English and Scottish Puritans, evangelicals of the 18th century including Methodists, Seventh Day Baptists, and others who rejected established church traditions.[8]

Iron Mike
05-11-2011, 07:35 PM
Soooooooooo......we've basically got ten good days yet.

http://www.spacegravy.com/sgmedia/glittergraphics/newGlitter12.21/newyearsgifs/prince1999.gif