PDA

View Full Version : Pickett in car accident......

packers11
07-29-2006, 06:00 PM
Pickett gets in car accident, misses practice
Packers defensive tackle Ryan Pickett was involved in a car accident near Lambeau Field at noon Saturday and did not participate in the afternoon practice. According to Packers coach Mike McCarthy, Pickett was pulling out of the Lambeau Field lot when he was involved in the accident.
McCarthy said Pickett was not taken to a hospital but was treated by the Packers’ training staff. McCarthy said Pickett’s injuries did not appear to be serious and his status would be day to day.
- Mike Vandermause, sports editor, Green Bay Press-Gazette
posted by PackersNews.com at 4:49 PM 0 comments

Does not sound serious.... Good thing it was in a parking lot, but you never know.... Hopfully he gets better soon...... :sad:

MadtownPacker
07-29-2006, 06:06 PM
Damn, that would have been terrible. Glad the big guy is OK.

Now who was the driver that got in the way? I bet it was GBMichele. She was too busy staring at TTs ass and didnt watch where she was going.

BallHawk
07-29-2006, 06:37 PM
Maybe the other driver was Eddie Griffin. :mrgreen:

BallHawk
07-29-2006, 06:37 PM
Good thing he is going to be Ok. But imagine if he broke his leg and was out for the rest of the season and you were the person who crashed the car into him. Oh man, you would be isolated for the whole season.

Rastak
07-29-2006, 07:04 PM
Good thing he is going to be Ok. But imagine if he broke his leg and was out for the rest of the season and you were the person who crashed the car into him. Oh man, you would be isolated for the whole season.

Maybe GBMichele can find out if it was Thompson....wasn't it she who indicated TT drives like a nut or am I thinking of someone else.

Willard
07-29-2006, 07:36 PM
I just heard it was Grady Jackson driving the car that hit Pickett. Apparently is really interested in getting his job back! :wink:

The Shadow
07-29-2006, 08:13 PM
Perhaps the Packers should install a Pickett fence around that exit?
In the same vein, would a defense line featuring Pickett & Allen at the tackle spots be known as the 'Pick-Al' formation?

I'm sorry. I really am.

GBRulz
07-29-2006, 08:29 PM
A "pickett" fence....LOL, I love it, Shadow!!

FYI, if he drives out of that lot like TT does, it's no wonder he got smacked!

It is a bad spot though to be making a left hand turn...the players pull out of there, most of them with the music cranked yet they have a cell phone up to their ear..... could never figure that one out.

FavreChild
07-29-2006, 08:33 PM
SHIZZLE!!!

Well, if it was near Lambeau, it hopefully wasn't that bad. Speed limit is pretty low.

Was he at least wearing a helmet?? :wink:

BallHawk
07-29-2006, 09:23 PM
Maybe it was this guy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKC21IxKLa8&search=griffin%20drunk

red
07-29-2006, 10:18 PM
bet it was a god damn FIB

they should never let those assholes out of their own state

maybe us in the up and you guys in sconsin can get together and form a group of minutemen to patrol the southern border of wisconsin to prevent them from getting north every weekend

GBRulz
07-29-2006, 10:19 PM

They might as well rename Door County to the FIB Penisula.....

retailguy
07-30-2006, 08:46 AM

maybe us in the up and you guys in sconsin can get together and form a group of minutemen to patrol the southern border of wisconsin to prevent them from getting north every weekend

Well, now reports are that he hurt a little girl. Perhaps she should sue, huh Red?

red
07-30-2006, 11:13 AM

Well, now reports are that he hurt a little girl. Perhaps she should sue, huh Red?

how fucking stupid ae you really? you're like that "special" kid in grade school that sees something and doesn't realise it was a joke, and goes around telling everyone the story of this big awefull thing they saw, and everyone else just shakes their head and says "poor kid"

pull your head out of your ass idiot. i said before and i'll say again. when i said the team should sue sherman, it was a joke, it was what is called sarcasm

now are you going to drop the "let sue him huh red?", routine that makes yourself look like a giant dipshit over and over again. or are you going to keep doing it because that seems to be the only thing you are able to contribute to the site. because all you do now is make yourself look like an idiot for not being able to take a joke

woodbuck27
07-30-2006, 11:22 AM
I just heard it was Grady Jackson driving the car that hit Pickett. Apparently is really interested in getting his job back! :wink:

Some people . . . sometimes !

Desperate times. . . desperate measures . . .

woodbuck27
07-30-2006, 11:24 AM
SHIZZLE!!!

Well, if it was near Lambeau, it hopefully wasn't that bad. Speed limit is pretty low.

Was he at least wearing a helmet?? :wink:

Hahahahahahahahahaha ! Good one !!!!! :mrgreen:

woodbuck27
07-30-2006, 11:25 AM

DO WHAT - WITH SUE ????

woodbuck27
07-30-2006, 11:27 AM

how fucking stupid ae you really? you're like that "special" kid in grade school that sees something and doesn't realise it was a joke, and goes around telling everyone the story of this big awefull thing they saw, and everyone else just shakes their head and says "poor kid"

pull your head out of your ass idiot. i said before and i'll say again. when i said the team should sue sherman, it was a joke, it was what is called sarcasm

now are you going to drop the "let sue him huh red?", routine that makes yourself look like a giant dipshit over and over again. or are you going to keep doing it because that seems to be the only thing you are able to contribute to the site. because all you do now is make yourself look like an idiot for not being able to take a joke

Red!

May I recommend more coffee. . .noooo . . .

try a nice herbel tea. :mrgreen: jk

GBRulz
07-30-2006, 11:33 AM
red, he was just kidding around. No need to go postal on good ol' Joe!!

red
07-30-2006, 11:35 AM

every one of my post gets follwed up with this dipshit saying "we should sue, huh red?"

it gets old, fast

red
07-30-2006, 11:37 AM
Red!

thats a big no to the tea idea, i don't need to feel more sick then i already am

GBRulz
07-30-2006, 11:40 AM

every one of my post gets follwed up with this dipshit saying "we should sue, huh red?"

it gets old, fast

sorry red, I've never noticed that. and I hope you feel better, too. perhaps some brandy in the coffee? :wink:

woodbuck27
07-30-2006, 12:15 PM
Red!

thats a big no to the tea idea, i don't need to feel more sick then i already am

red:

I sincerely hope it's nothing too serious. Something you can deal with.

A friend.

red
07-30-2006, 12:24 PM
no no, nothing serious. just the flu or too much sun and heat or too much time breathing wood stain fumes this week

its like i'm drunk and hungover at the same time

Rastak
07-30-2006, 12:32 PM
no no, nothing serious. just the flu or too much sun and heat or too much time breathing wood stain fumes this week

its like i'm drunk and hungover at the same time

Maybe a few pints of beer would help? That's my answer to everything.

Noodle
07-30-2006, 01:18 PM

it gets old, fast

Maybe you should sue him.

Sorry, but man, you can't expect me to pass up low-hanging fruit like that.

red
07-30-2006, 01:34 PM
LOL

Willard
07-30-2006, 02:18 PM

it gets old, fast

Maybe you should sue him.

Sorry, but man, you can't expect me to pass up low-hanging fruit like that.
:lol: :lol:
I just blew coffee all over my keyboard. Good one :lol:

woodbuck27
07-30-2006, 03:20 PM
" its like i'm drunk and hungover at the same time" red

Ahhh good - just " the Ole double whammy " ! LOL

Shower alot - pray alot for strength, if that don't work - psyche up !

Then sue - red.

woodbuck27
07-31-2006, 09:17 AM
Latest on that ryan picket Fender Bender.

Ryan Pickett was involved in a two-car accident on his way out of the Lambeau Field parking lot Saturday afternoon and was not present at practice because of what teammates described as a slight concussion.

An accident report filed by the Green Bay police department said Pickett was cited for failure to yield while making a left-hand turn, according to Green Bay police lieutenant Andy Lewis, the department's shift commander Saturday evening.

Pickett was exiting Lambeau Field onto Lombardi Ave. when his vehicle collided with another vehicle traveling eastbound on Lombardi. Pickett stopped at the stop sign coming out of the parking lot, the report said, but collided with another vehicle as he pulled out into the street.

According to the report, four people in the other vehicle were transported to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries. Pickett was included among the injured in the accident report but was not taken to the hospital.

woodbuck27:

That's what they are saying. Hopefully it's one of those - "all's well - that end's well" things.

Harlan Huckleby
07-31-2006, 11:52 AM
Pickett stopped at the stop sign coming out of the parking lot, the report said, but collided with another vehicle as he pulled out into the street.

Sort of a good news/ bad news story. Like telling your wife, "I refrained from kissing my secretary today, but we did have a little oral sex afterwards."

woodbuck27
07-31-2006, 11:55 AM
Pickett stopped at the stop sign coming out of the parking lot, the report said, but collided with another vehicle as he pulled out into the street.

Sort of a good news/ bad news story. Like telling your wife, "I refrained from kissing my secretary today, but we did have a little oral sex afterwards."

Interesting take, as always Harlan. :mrgreen:

red
07-31-2006, 04:40 PM
yeah, thats a bad spot where the players come out of their lot. they should have a cop or something to stop traffic to let the players pull out from time to time. or put a temporary light there that only works after practice and games

woodbuck27
08-01-2006, 09:09 AM
Pickett Going Again

DT Ryan Pickett returned to team drills and full-contact duty after being limited to individual drills on Sunday because of a minor head injury.

Also. OT Chad Clifton, who HC McCarthy said tweaked his right knee on Sunday night, sat out but the injury isn't considered serious.