PDA

View Full Version : IF the PACK wins Round One, WHO would you rather play ?

Bretsky
01-03-2010, 08:42 PM
Let's assume GB has a shot to win in Arizona. Who would you rather play in the final eight, the SAINTS or the VIKINGS ?

Who do you think we have a better chance against ??

Jimx29
01-03-2010, 08:45 PM
The NFL/ESPN is dying for a Pack/Vikes rematch

me??.....not sure yet :P

SkinBasket
01-03-2010, 08:46 PM
I'd rather Clay Matthews kill Brent and eat his children, so I vote Vikings.

channtheman
01-03-2010, 08:46 PM
Rather play the Saints. Let someone else beat the Vikings. I don't want to see Favre again, unless it happens in the NFC Championship game.

I either want us to beat the Cards, then the Vikings, then the Eagles at home.

OR

Us to beat the Cards, then the Saints, then we go to Minny and play the Vikes with EVERYTHING on the line in the Championship game.

I would prefer number 2 though. I don't want to have to do with Favre at all unless it's the NFC Championship game.

Bretsky
01-03-2010, 09:07 PM
I'd like to play the squad with less weapons; I'm not sure who that is anymore. The Saints are out of a groove it seems and the Vikes played well today but not the past few weeks.

I voted for MN because I think we have the better chance

Bossman641
01-03-2010, 09:16 PM
I think we match up better with the Vikings at this point, but I'd still prefer to play the Saints

gbgary
01-03-2010, 09:19 PM
i think we have a mental block with minn. saints!

GBRulz
01-03-2010, 09:48 PM
I would love to see us take on the Vikings again. On the other hand, if they play the Saints, a group of us here will be hopping on the train and taking a road trip!

get louder at lambeau
01-03-2010, 09:52 PM
Karma should allow the Packers to crush the fuck out of Purple Faver in the playoffs. It's the only real happy ending.

MJZiggy
01-03-2010, 09:57 PM
Just remember who you're talking about. Dude is notorious for fucking up the happy ending.

Charles Woodson
01-03-2010, 10:01 PM
meh, dont have a preference, both teams are going to be good.

gbgary
01-03-2010, 10:05 PM
Just remember who you're talking about. Dude is notorious for fucking up the happy ending.

:lol:

Willard
01-03-2010, 10:05 PM
Best chance for a Super Bowl appearance (and victory) is to host the NFC Championship Game. This happens when:
Pack beats the Cards & Philly beats cowgirls
Pack beats the queens & Philly beats the Aints
Then Pack beats Philly in Lambeau to go to the Big Game!!

So I vote for the queens!

red
01-03-2010, 10:09 PM
wouldn't we automatically play the saints if we win?

they are the number 1 seed and we are the 6th

isn't that how it works?

Bossman641
01-03-2010, 10:11 PM

isn't that how it works?

We are the 5 seed

red
01-03-2010, 10:12 PM
Best chance for a Super Bowl appearance (and victory) is to host the NFC Championship Game. This happens when:

i just don't know about home field advantage in green bay in january anymore.

we now have a very high powered air-it-out style offense. cold weather and wind kills that.

we are no longer a grind it out, mudder of a team. playing in a dome in three weeks might give us a better chance at advancing

red
01-03-2010, 10:12 PM

isn't that how it works?

We are the 5 seed

well fuck me then

never mind

channtheman
01-03-2010, 10:13 PM

isn't that how it works?

We're the 5 seed. Thus we will either play the Saints or the Vikes based on what happens in the Philly/Cowboy wild card game.

If the Cowboys win, they are the 3 and would play the 2 which is the Vikings. If Philly wins, they are the 6 and would play the Saints.

Cheesehead Craig
01-03-2010, 10:13 PM
Vikes. Payback from when we swept them in the season and they beat us in Lambeau in the playoffs.

red
01-03-2010, 10:18 PM
Vikes. Payback from when we swept them in the season and they beat us in Lambeau in the playoffs.

it would be great to kill that assholes dream of riding off into the sunset with another super bowl

channtheman
01-03-2010, 10:21 PM

it would be great to kill that assholes dream of riding off into the sunset with another super bowl

I think even better in the NFC Championship game. If we must play them, I think that would be the time to do it.

gbgary
01-03-2010, 10:58 PM
i just don't know about home field advantage in green bay in january anymore.

we now have a very high powered air-it-out style offense. cold weather and wind kills that.

we are no longer a grind it out, mudder of a team. playing in a dome in three weeks might give us a better chance at advancing

i agree (although we haven't been a grind-it-out running team in decades).

HarveyWallbangers
01-04-2010, 12:28 AM
Looking at the numbers on defense, it seems Minnesota is a better matchup. For the year, this is what opposing QBs have done against Minnesota and New Orleans:

NO - 57.5 comp, 6.9 yards/pass, 16 TDs, 25 ints, 68.6 passer rating (1st in the NFC -- just ahead of the 68.8 passer rating against the Packers)

MN - 63.7 comp, 7.1 yards/pass, 26 TDs, 11 ints, 92.5 passer rating

pbmax
01-04-2010, 12:49 AM
Football Outsiders adjusts for opponents and has New Orleans defense at 13th in the league and the Vikings at 19th for the entire year. Weighted toward more recent games, it New Orleans at 21 and the Vikings at 24. New Orleans is 9th against the pass and 31st against the run. Vikings are 26th versus the pass and 1st against the run (Pack is #2).

I think New Orleans can be had in a big way.

Fritz
01-04-2010, 07:14 AM

Given the age of Brent's oldest daughter, and given Mathews's age, the eating of one his Brent's children could happen legally.

pbmax
01-04-2010, 07:27 AM

Given the age of Brent's oldest daughter, and given Mathews's age, the eating of one his Brent's children could happen legally.
:rs:

Just think of the of the fun their offspring could have playing QB like a linebacker.

mission
01-04-2010, 08:21 AM

Just think of the of the fun their offspring could have playing QB like a linebacker.

What if ARod got her pregnant? I'm sorry but that would amuse me to no end!!

imscott72
01-04-2010, 08:50 AM
I'm still scared of Minnesota up there in the humpty dome. They're just a possessed team up there, especially against us. I'd rather take my chances against a down Saints team, then take Minny in the NFC Champ game if it came to it.

Joemailman
01-04-2010, 08:55 AM

What if ARod got her pregnant? I'm sorry but that would amuse me to no end!!

Hope it's a boy so they could name it Ted.

retailguy
01-04-2010, 10:08 AM
I'm still scared of Minnesota up there in the humpty dome. They're just a possessed team up there, especially against us. I'd rather take my chances against a down Saints team, then take Minny in the NFC Champ game if it came to it.

When did they rename the dome to "Mall of America Field"... I saw that yesterday. I thought it was still the Metrodome?

Badgerinmaine
01-04-2010, 11:09 AM
When did they rename the dome to "Mall of America Field"... I saw that yesterday. I thought it was still the Metrodome?
Yes and yes. It's "Mall of America Field at Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome". They signed a three year naming rights deal this fall. This sort of dual name (one for the building and one for the field of play) is common in basketball, like "Gene Keady Court at Mackey Arena" at Purdue, but usually it's to honor someone.

woodbuck27
01-04-2010, 04:29 PM
I'm licking my chops savouring the thought of another PACKERS and VIKINGS matchup this season, whenever. That spells excitement. :D It couldn't get any better or sweeter for the media. Can you see the ranking on that game?

So what do you want? To play the Vikings in game two or in the Championship game? You should hope and want to get to the Championship game as a first step. Do you really want to face Favre and company fully rested and healing in the Metrodome in round two or rather ' build to ' that matchup ' in the NFC Championship final when the pressure is enhanced on Favre? Sometimes you have to be patient before bustin' chops. Sometimes you have to set aside masochism and silly pride and look at things with some sense. :D

The way the Saints finished I'm thinking that's a better matchup for the Packers to get to the final Vs whomever. It's one game at a time and there is more than the Vikings ahead of the Packers.

The Packers have certainly installed themselves as a formidable opponent in the second half of the season. Were looking good on both sides of the ball and the balance is excellent. We have to stay healthy as adversity is a legitimate opponent.

GO PACK GO!

Scott Campbell
01-04-2010, 04:37 PM
I want the Vikings before some other team gets the pleasure of beating them.

woodbuck27
01-04-2010, 05:04 PM

Back in the day whenever I got it on with some scrapper more than once and stung his chops every time. I became more familiar with the word masochism as it applies to some people who enjoy punishment.

I know how you see it Scott. There will only be so much time remaining to lick Favre's chops. Good luck with that way of thinking. :D

GO PACK GO!

TennesseePackerBacker
01-04-2010, 05:49 PM
One game at a time. I takes it how I gets it. No preference.

But it would be oh so sweet to see Favre with that look in his eyes as the Packers run out the clock.

Scott Campbell
01-04-2010, 05:52 PM

Back in the day whenever I got it on with some scrapper more than once and stung his chops every time. I became more familiar with the word masochism as it applies to some people who enjoy punishment.

I know how you see it Scott. There will only be so much time remaining to lick Favre's chops. Good luck with that way of thinking. :D

GO PACK GO!

You keep licking Favre's chops if that's your thing. Who am I to judge.

boiga
01-04-2010, 06:00 PM

This is my take as well. As much as I'd be freaked out of my skin the entire week leading up to Favrebowl III, I want another NFCC in green bay.

Also, Favre's new pass happy vikings need to be reintroduced to bad favre. We can do that to him better than anyone in the playoffs. There is is so much potential for pleasure/pain in that matchup, it's hard to root for anything else.

Scott Campbell
01-04-2010, 06:04 PM
If we play them again, we'll crush them.

Joemailman
01-04-2010, 06:08 PM
One game at a time. I takes it how I gets it. No preference.

But it would be oh so sweet to see Favre with that look in his eyes as the Packers run out the clock.

You mean this look?

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2008/07/03/amd_favre.jpg

The Leaper
01-04-2010, 07:18 PM
The Saints...they remain a franchise that has yet to do anything of note in the postseason, and lack the playoff experience and knowledge of the Packers as compared to the Vikings.

The Vikings are a damn good team...I really don't want to face either them or the Cowboys. I fancy our chances against anyone else.

MJZiggy
01-04-2010, 09:14 PM
The Saints...they remain a franchise that has yet to do anything of note in the postseason, and lack the playoff experience and knowledge of the Packers as compared to the Vikings.

The Vikings are a damn good team...I really don't want to face either them or the Cowboys. I fancy our chances against anyone else.

So you fear anyone we might play, but everyone else is ok?

Scott Campbell
01-04-2010, 09:16 PM

+1

I'm a sentimentalist - just like you.

LEWCWA
01-05-2010, 02:15 AM
I think it is bad karma to even consider anything beyond this weeks game. We kicked the crap out of a team in a meaningless game. Big damn deal. It looks like the pack is better than this team, but when you have playmakers like Fitz anything can happen....Put the Koolaid down and worry about beating this Cardinal team and let the chips fall where they may...

channtheman
01-05-2010, 03:11 AM
I think it is bad karma to even consider anything beyond this weeks game. We kicked the crap out of a team in a meaningless game. Big damn deal. It looks like the pack is better than this team, but when you have playmakers like Fitz anything can happen....Put the Koolaid down and worry about beating this Cardinal team and let the chips fall where they may...

Come on man, we are FANS! Us looking ahead has absolutely no bearing on how the Packers perform.

packrulz
01-05-2010, 05:25 AM
No. 3 seed Dallas (11-5) plays host to No. 6 seed Philadelphia (11-5) this weekend. If Dallas wins at home, it would face the No. 2 seed Minnesota Vikings (12-4). Then the winner of the No. 4 seed Arizona (10-6)/No. 5 Packers (11-5) game would play No. 1 New Orleans.

The only chance the Packers have at the rematch with Brett Favre and the Vikings in the second round is if Philly upsets Tony Romo & Co. Then the Eagles would play New Orleans; if the Packers beat the Cardinals, they would get the Vikings in that scenario.

The Packers and Vikings could meet in the NFC Championship Game if the Packers win twice and the Vikings beat the Cowboys in the second round.

I would love to see the Pack play Philly but it looks like that isn't possible, unless it's in the NFC Championship game, so I'd rather the Packers beat the Viqueens in the NFC Championship game.

ThunderDan
01-05-2010, 08:13 AM

We just finished 11-5 when 4/5 of the website wrote the team off after losing to TB. Give the Kool-Aid talk a rest. We are a playoff team.

ThunderDan
01-05-2010, 08:21 AM

You do realize the only teams that Arizona beat with winning records this year were Houston and Minnesota? No one else in Arizona's division finished above .500. :oops:

And people here discount the Packers schedule. :roll:

RashanGary
01-08-2010, 07:55 AM
Vikings

Pros:
- We would have a full weeks rest because the Vikes play Sunday
- Eagles would have a good chance to knock NO off, so we still have hope for a full playoff game

Cons:
- The Vikings beat us twice and look to be getting back on track

Saints

Pros:
- The Saints are faltering down the stretch
- I'm a big believe in the DL being the most rare, important pieces to a team and N.O. just lost Charles Grant

Cons:
- We have no chance at a home game
- We have to play Saturday and they get a big rest

Really, I see benefits to each path and cons to each path. I think the Saints are a better matchup because they lost one of their valuable DL, but I'm also a big believer in the physical nature of the game and the reality of the body is an extra day of rest helps. I guess I'd rather have teh Saints because if we beat them Saturday and stayed healthy, we'd have 8 days rest where the Viking/Cowboy winner would only get 7 and I think the Saints are our best matchup. But then there's the matter of a home playoff game possibility. Eh, screw it, either path is about equal. Whatever happens, happens.