01-04-2010, 10:32 AM
I visited a Cardinals message board here

http://forums.azcardinals.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

This thread is nice
http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?t=47076

swede
01-04-2010, 12:02 PM
Thanks.

According to their fans either we are a nightmare match-up for them, or they will be fine once they really start to play.

I thought the more persuasive posters held the former position rather than the latter.

And that would be just fine.

ND72
01-04-2010, 12:46 PM
I personally love how they say we showed a ton of our playbook, blitzing all the time. We rarely blitz, and our offense was pretty simple yesterday. I listened to Bill Michels last night and even he said it looked like GB ran the same plays they ran against Arizona in the pre-season.

SkinBasket
01-04-2010, 12:47 PM
Forget them! We have "Unfinished Business". McCarthy is going to wish he would have never played his starters being classless. He already paid the price for it when Woodson went down.

So now playing your starters is "classless?"

Again, being not intimately familiar with AZ's roster, I may be wrong, but it looked to me that, aside from Warner, GB was certainly pulling out starters at an equal rate to AZ throughout the game. That pansy Boldin got injured playing in the second half. Fitgerald and their RB tandem were still out there late. Not sure about their defense or their O-line.

Every string of our roster dominated every string of theirs in every facet of the game, and without any kind of monumental effort. Brushing that off as the result of Arizona's gameplan is laughable. As far as not showing GB too much tape, it's week 17 of the season. I'm sure we have a pretty good idea of what they run by now.

I'm not saying we're going to go out and beat the hell out of the Cardinals next week. I expect a good, exciting game. But these excuses from the Card players and coaches don't exactly ring true. I would just be concerned if I was more of a Cards fan.

retailguy
01-04-2010, 12:48 PM
I personally love how they say we showed a ton of our playbook, blitzing all the time. We rarely blitz, and our offense was pretty simple yesterday. I listened to Bill Michels last night and even he said it looked like GB ran the same plays they ran against Arizona in the pre-season.

There was too much of Finley for that to be entirely true, but that's great news. I wasn't sure, but I couldn't believe McCarthy would be that stupid.

Going to the pre-season playbook makes sense. It worked quite well the first time. I hadn't considered that possibility but why not? Game didn't really mean anything to either team.

If we had lost, would we have been 6th seed?

ND72
01-04-2010, 12:51 PM
He knew the Cards would lay down and play possum, and he knows the Packers chances of beating the Cards in an actual playoff game are not that great.
Obviously he took something home from watching the
Vikings/Cards game.

hahahaha......hahahaha...oh man....

retailguy
01-04-2010, 12:53 PM
He knew the Cards would lay down and play possum, and he knows the Packers chances of beating the Cards in an actual playoff game are not that great.
Obviously he took something home from watching the
Vikings/Cards game.

hahahaha......hahahaha...oh man....

blind homerism exists here too...

Lurker64
01-04-2010, 12:53 PM

There was too much of Finley for that to be entirely true, but that's great news. I wasn't sure, but I couldn't believe McCarthy would be that stupid.

Going to the pre-season playbook makes sense. It worked quite well the first time. I hadn't considered that possibility but why not? Game didn't really mean anything to either team.

McCarthy has many shortcomings as a coach, but "having sufficient variety in the offense" is not one of them. I've repeatedly heard that this is one of the most complicated offenses in the NFL, and that the playbook is well in excess of 400 (non-situational) plays. Dom Capers is also one of the most brilliant defensive minds of our era, and I'm sure that he won't run out of good stuff to run no matter what he ran in this game.

We're a team with enough different weapons, and enough schemes that "tipping our hand" really shouldn't be a problem.

retailguy
01-04-2010, 12:56 PM
McCarthy has many shortcomings as a coach, but "having sufficient variety in the offense" is not one of them. I've repeatedly heard that this is one of the most complicated offenses in the NFL, and that the playbook is well in excess of 400 (non-situational) plays. Dom Capers is also one of the most brilliant defensive minds of our era, and I'm sure that he won't run out of good stuff to run no matter what he ran in this game.

We're a team with enough different weapons, and enough schemes that "tipping our hand" really shouldn't be a problem.

I agree conceptually with that, but earlier in the season, there were those who were "perplexed" at the one dimensional pass happy offense he put forth.

Maybe he has enough plays to never run the same one twice, but if they are all pass plays, that's still one dimensional.

And, yes, McCarthy has a lot of shortcomings, and yes, he is a fairly inventive offensive mind.

I hope we have enough weapons for a win. A trip back to the toilet bowl is just sooo inviting. Even if we lost, I just want to watch that.

Patler
01-04-2010, 01:18 PM
Forget them! We have "Unfinished Business". McCarthy is going to wish he would have never played his starters being classless. He already paid the price for it when Woodson went down.

So now playing your starters is "classless?"

Again, being not intimately familiar with AZ's roster, I may be wrong, but it looked to me that, aside from Warner, GB was certainly pulling out starters at an equal rate to AZ throughout the game. That pansy Boldin got injured playing in the second half. Fitgerald and their RB tandem were still out there late. Not sure about their defense or their O-line.

Every string of our roster dominated every string of theirs in every facet of the game, and without any kind of monumental effort. Brushing that off as the result of Arizona's gameplan is laughable. As far as not showing GB too much tape, it's week 17 of the season. I'm sure we have a pretty good idea of what they run by now.

I'm not saying we're going to go out and beat the hell out of the Cardinals next week. I expect a good, exciting game. But these excuses from the Card players and coaches don't exactly ring true. I would just be concerned if I was more of a Cards fan.

Yup. Ignoring the two running plays to run out the clock at the end of the first half, Rodgers was in for just 5 possessions. Is that so awful many? He played in 4 legitimate possessions in the first half, and the first one in the 3rd quarter. Considering the Packers struggles in the first possessions of 2nd halves this season, it made some sense to run the first offense out there for it. Besides, since when is it up to the Arizona coaching staff or fans to determine what the right way is for the Packers to be run?

I wasn't aware that the Cards had two players named "L. Fitzgerald". Clearly the L. Fitzgerald who caught a TD pass with 2:59 remaining in the game must be another L. Fitzgerald, not the one who is their top receiver, because they didn't play their best guys, right? All the subs were in, right? They wouldn't run their best receiver against the Packers backup corners and safeties at the end of a blow-out game, would they? Risk injury? Show-up the 2nd. string defense? Surely not the Cardinals! :lol:

pbmax
01-04-2010, 01:39 PM
Getting information on who played when if like asking the sporting media to estimate crowd size, no one can agree on who was where and when except for people who handle the ball or end up in the replays.

The GB Press Gazette said that Wisenhunt pulled Wilson, Docket and Dansby in the first quarter. But the only starter I have positively seen identified as out in the first quarter is Warner. Warner played 2 series or basically the first quarter.

I give Dougherty this, there is no mention of any of those three D starters after the first quarter in the official play by play. Not definitive, but its a start.

I do know when they pulled Warner, the TV broadcast said all the O line stayed in for Leinart.

cheesner
01-04-2010, 02:23 PM
Personally, I think the AZ Cardinals should be somewhat ashamed for not giving their fans a complete effort towards winning. I applaud MM for keeping his starters in their long enough to assure victory. How can you as a coach teach your players to never give up and to play hard when, given the option, you accept defeat as a coach. Its an attitude I don't want any part of my team.

We will see how this pans out next week.

Guiness
01-04-2010, 02:42 PM

I think the reason Finley was still out there running around is that M3 is still working him into the game, learning about him, and he's learning what he can do. The experience gained by him playing the game outweighed us tipping our hand about what sort of plays he is capable of. Remember that he only became a significant part of the offense the second half (or last third) of the season.

Guiness
01-04-2010, 02:46 PM
Here's what I liked to read, from this thread
http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?t=47104

I heard that stadium is actually pretty loud, and their fans can kick up the noise. I wonder if it's going to be a Packer dominated crowd again this week-end? With the blow out, some of their wagon jumpers might just decide to shed their tickets...

Wasn't the game performance which was pretty bad, it was the number of packer fans chanting "go packers go".

There were a lot of them there and yes half of the upper midwest is here in the winter, but you don't hear that kind of unison chanting from our fans in our own stadium.

We left a little early and well into the parking lot (Orange) you could clearly here this chant going and it was loud. It was sad to look back at our stadium and have it taken over by an away teams fans.

TennesseePackerBacker
01-04-2010, 02:59 PM
Here's what I liked to read, from this thread
http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?t=47104

I heard that stadium is actually pretty loud, and their fans can kick up the noise. I wonder if it's going to be a Packer dominated crowd again this week-end? With the blow out, some of their wagon jumpers might just decide to shed their tickets...

Wasn't the game performance which was pretty bad, it was the number of packer fans chanting "go packers go".

There were a lot of them there and yes half of the upper midwest is here in the winter, but you don't hear that kind of unison chanting from our fans in our own stadium.

We left a little early and well into the parking lot (Orange) you could clearly here this chant going and it was loud. It was sad to look back at our stadium and have it taken over by an away teams fans.

You could hear them chanting it at the end of the game. It was music to my ears.

swede
01-04-2010, 03:45 PM
Between the scoreboard and the Green Bay Packer fans in every third seat the Cardinal fans looked miserable, that's for sure. I think it does a lot to fire up the visiting team when the visiting fans are hanging over the rails creating a noticeable presence in terms of noise and color.

My son and I went to the '08 Sunday night Cowboys game in Lambeau. It sucks to have Cowboy fans behind you reaching over your head to high five the Cowboy fans in front of you, especially on a night where the Cowboys bullied us so badly. Fricking Milwaukee crowd had unloaded their tickets to Cowboy fans at $4-500 bucks a pop and they were everywhere.

The Green Bay crowd in AZ looked way more annoying than the Dallas crowd was in GB, and that's saying a lot.

Let's hope Packer fans keep it up and buy lots of tickets. 8-)

boiga
01-04-2010, 04:09 PM
Hey guys,

I was one of the Green Bay fans in the stadium yesterday screaming Go Pack Go! My wife and I had a pretty stellar time, especially considering that this was her first NFL game and she's a soccer fan.

To stay on topic, the Cards fans were not happy campers after the first quarter. Sitting on the visitor's side there were consistently more cheers for Pack achievements than anything the cardinals did, despite only about 1/3 of the fans wearing green.

The biggest cheer I heard from a Cards fan was when Leinart came out and he got some use out of his never to be worn again Leinart jersey.

It had to hurt the Cardinals D when we were all screaming GOPACKGO during that 3rd qtr lofted TD to Finley. It was right to our side of the endzone and made for a pretty awesome moment. The Packers cheers were deafening.

Hostile environment it ain't.

My Dad's flying down to come to the game next week as well, so if you guys want an in stadium report from that one as well, I'll type one up next Monday.

packers11
01-04-2010, 04:44 PM
they are all so pissed on the message board... they can't wait for the rematch :lol:

that message board is to funny, some fans are already talking about playing the eagles in the NFC championship game...

Bossman641
01-04-2010, 04:49 PM
I don't know if that board is way too confident or just trying to talk themselves into things.

They are talking about playing rope-a-dope with us, and how Whisenhunt was a genius to do this to get the Packers overconfident.

Then they keep talking about how vanilla they are (which I don't doubt) but how we were pulling out all the stops. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't remember Capers sending any DB's on a blitz. I also don't remember Barnett and Hawk doing their fire blitz. Matthews ran a few stunts, but that's about all I remember. I'm pretty sure we played it pretty close to the vest as well.

sheepshead
01-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Hey guys,

I was one of the Green Bay fans in the stadium yesterday screaming Go Pack Go! My wife and I had a pretty stellar time, especially considering that this was her first NFL game and she's a soccer fan.

To stay on topic, the Cards fans were not happy campers after the first quarter. Sitting on the visitor's side there were consistently more cheers for Pack achievements than anything the cardinals did, despite only about 1/3 of the fans wearing green.

The biggest cheer I heard from a Cards fan was when Leinart came out and he got some use out of his never to be worn again Leinart jersey.

It had to hurt the Cardinals D when we were all screaming GOPACKGO during that 3rd qtr lofted TD to Finley. It was right to our side of the endzone and made for a pretty awesome moment. The Packers cheers were deafening.

My Dad's flying down to come to the game next week as well, so if you guys want an in stadium report from that one as well, I'll type one up next Monday.

Thanks for sharing. Pretty cool, but I was embarrassed for those guys hearing all the Packer cheering on TV. When you give up your house like that you have no room to talk trash on a web-site.

packers11
01-04-2010, 04:55 PM
I'm to lazy to make an account there, but maybe they should wake up and do a little research about blitzing Aaron Rodgers.

from scouts.com

Aaron Rodgers (Green Bay Packers): Oddly enough, although he's been sacked 49 times this year, just 18 have occurred while being blitzed. Rodgers has been victimized by coverage sacks much more frequently than by an unexpected pass rush. His completion rate is nearly six points higher and his yards per attempt jumps from 7.44 to 9.23. Despite the improved production under the gun, he's thrown the ninth-most passes against the blitz this year. Defensive coordinators should wake up.

I couldn't agree more ... I hope they blitz the hell out of Rodgers.

MadScientist
01-04-2010, 04:58 PM
that message board is to funny, some fans are already talking about playing the eagles in the NFC championship game...
Right, very silly talk, that would never happen here... :lol:

mission
01-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Right, very silly talk, that would never happen here... :lol:

Already bought my Super Bowl tickets :alc: :eyes:

pbmax
01-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Hey guys,

Absolutely, post away. Twitter if you have to. Pics could be displayed as well. Any report would be welcome. Also, since you have provided one win with your first visit, you are honor bound to make the second.

Better get your flu shot. :lol:

channtheman
01-05-2010, 10:07 PM
I'm to lazy to make an account there, but maybe they should wake up and do a little research about blitzing Aaron Rodgers.

from scouts.com

Aaron Rodgers (Green Bay Packers): Oddly enough, although he's been sacked 49 times this year, just 18 have occurred while being blitzed. Rodgers has been victimized by coverage sacks much more frequently than by an unexpected pass rush. His completion rate is nearly six points higher and his yards per attempt jumps from 7.44 to 9.23. Despite the improved production under the gun, he's thrown the ninth-most passes against the blitz this year. Defensive coordinators should wake up.

I will post that there as soon as my account is activated. It's a pain in the ass to even make an account. Not only do you have to use an email other than hotmail, gmail, etc. an admin then has to activate it. I could see one or the other, but not both.

Bossman641
01-05-2010, 11:43 PM

from scouts.com

I will post that there as soon as my account is activated. It's a pain in the ass to even make an account. Not only do you have to use an email other than hotmail, gmail, etc. an admin then has to activate it. I could see one or the other, but not both.

I got the same thing. I signed up Monday morning and still haven't been activated

packers11
01-06-2010, 11:47 AM
I signed up on Monday too and i'm still waiting :lol:

I have a feeling no new posters this whole week or something.

channtheman
01-06-2010, 11:48 AM
I signed up on Monday too and i'm still waiting :lol:

I have a feeling no new posters this whole week or something.

Yeah I think you are correct. Sucks though because I really wanted to respond to a post that said "That's why Whiz is laughing" with that picture of him clearly not laughing when he shook MM's hand.

Scott Campbell
01-06-2010, 12:17 PM
My favorite post over there so far:

I have two questions.....

1) How long have you guys been watching the Cardinals?

2) Where did you get so much confidence?

channtheman
01-06-2010, 12:19 PM

I saw that one too. I wonder if fans of other teams read here and think we are all a bunch of monkey's that somehow found a computer and figured out how to type. The comments and things I read over there rival the comment section on a typical youtube video.

For example, they all seem to think that just because we played our starters into the 3rd quarter that we are somehow showing them what we will do next week.

I loved reading this one guys post where he said something about how the first 2 games the Packers played against the Cardinals were meaningless, then he went on to say how it was hard to beat a team 3 times in one year.

channtheman
01-06-2010, 12:23 PM
Found it.

"So far this year we have faced Green Bay in 2 meaningless games. Yeah, the Pack won those games, great.. good for them.

Things will be different in the playoffs. It's very hard to beat a good team 3 times in one year and the Pack will soon find that out.

Cards win the game and advance."

Scott Campbell
01-06-2010, 12:32 PM
If there was an IQ test to be a Cardinals fan, there wouldn't be any.

Bossman641
01-06-2010, 02:17 PM

I saw that one too. I wonder if fans of other teams read here and think we are all a bunch of monkey's that somehow found a computer and figured out how to type. The comments and things I read over there rival the comment section on a typical youtube video.

For example, they all seem to think that just because we played our starters into the 3rd quarter that we are somehow showing them what we will do next week.

I loved reading this one guys post where he said something about how the first 2 games the Packers played against the Cardinals were meaningless, then he went on to say how it was hard to beat a team 3 times in one year.

This is exactly the reason why I tried to sign up there. They all act like we were going balls to the wall to try and win the game and threw out everything we had.

Really?

How much will DC Dom Capers blitz? Warner has the mobility of a cardboard cutout, but his quick release makes extra-man pressures a dangerous game. Of course, if the Packers keep getting pressure with a four-man rush — they rushed five only five times in 31 dropbacks (16.1 percent), mostly slot blitzes with Bush — Capers probably will be more than content dropping seven all day.

From a game-planning perspective, the Packers used nine of their usual offensive personnel groups and kept several others on the shelf — a luxury of being so multiple. They won’t hold anything back in the rematch.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20100104/PKR01/301040151/1954/PKR03

Tyrone Bigguns
01-06-2010, 03:18 PM
Found it.

"So far this year we have faced Green Bay in 2 meaningless games. Yeah, the Pack won those games, great.. good for them.

Things will be different in the playoffs. It's very hard to beat a good team 3 times in one year and the Pack will soon find that out.

Wrong.

Of the teams that swept the season series (last 13 or so years), 70% have won the third game.

mission
01-06-2010, 03:22 PM
How tired are you guys of all this "arizona being offended" bullshit leading up to this Sunday? I hope we come out and punch these punk asses in the mouth ... Whisenhunt first.

I like Fitz but he won't be enough.

Scott Campbell
01-06-2010, 03:25 PM
The only thing they didn't show us last week was pride.

channtheman
01-07-2010, 01:18 AM
Found it.

Wrong.

Of the teams that swept the season series (last 13 or so years), 70% have won the third game.

Not only does the guy contradict himself from one line to the next, he's also wrong. Amazing! :lol: