PDA

View Full Version : Bills sack entire coaching staff

Badgerinmaine
01-04-2010, 12:01 PM
I guess the win over the Colts yesterday wasn't enough to save their jobs:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/12743448/bills-fire-coaching-staff-fewell-to-interview-for-top-job

vince
01-04-2010, 12:39 PM
Vanilla Bob Sanders is looking for work again.

That game looked like a lot of fun with all the snow - reminiscent of Packers-Seahawks playoff game in '07. For a while in the 2nd quarter, it was hard to find the Colts. :lol:

red
01-04-2010, 01:02 PM
Vanilla Bob Sanders is looking for work again.

i don't get how anyone would ever hire that sack of garbage again

they need to drop TO too

do a complete house cleaning while they're at it

pbmax
01-04-2010, 01:08 PM
The Bills employed one of the best Special Teams coaches in the league by the name of Bobby April. He should be given his own personal semi-truck full of cash and boxes if he would move to Green Bay and coach.

denverYooper
01-04-2010, 01:11 PM
The Bills employed one of the best Special Teams coaches in the league by the name of Bobby April. He should be given his own personal semi-truck full of cash and boxes if he would move to Green Bay and coach.

+1

Joemailman
01-04-2010, 01:11 PM
I have a feeling April will be snatched by someone before the Packers season is over.

Patler
01-04-2010, 01:25 PM

+1

Can they hire him this week and have him start by Wednesday? :D

MadScientist
01-04-2010, 02:13 PM
That game looked like a lot of fun with all the snow - reminiscent of Packers-Seahawks playoff game in '07. For a while in the 2nd quarter, it was hard to find the Colts. :lol:
That's because the Colts didn't bother showing up for the game. Hard to find something that isn't there. :lol:

Guiness
01-04-2010, 02:50 PM
lol MadScientist!

Reminds me of a comic strip I saw about the Lions a few years back. They rescheduled a game against Chicago and didn't tell them. They played against an empty field, and were leading 28-2 (gave up a safety!) at the half when Chicago showed up and drubbed them. Hilarious!

red
01-05-2010, 12:08 PM
april exercised a clause in his contract and became a free agent according to john clayton

Tyrone Bigguns
01-05-2010, 01:11 PM

And yet he he was fired from the Rams.

retailguy
01-05-2010, 01:34 PM

does this mean if you get fired from here, you lose all remaining credibility? :oops:

Tyrone Bigguns
01-05-2010, 01:38 PM

does this mean if you get fired from here, you lose all remaining credibility? :oops:

No, Ty could be like you and have no credibility before getting fired.

pbmax
01-05-2010, 02:01 PM

That was a pretty desperate team on the decline with Martz in his last full year. The regime in charge after Vermeil did not covered itself in glory. He has had enough success elsewhere that this would not bother me.

Even Fritz Shurmur got fired on occasion.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-05-2010, 04:07 PM

That was a pretty desperate team on the decline with Martz in his last full year. The regime in charge after Vermeil did not covered itself in glory. He has had enough success elsewhere that this would not bother me.

Say what? The Rams went 12-4 in 03. Made the playoffs the following year. Ty is no Martz lover but, playoffs in 01,03, and 04..and transitioned from Warner to Bulger.

Are you trying to say that the personnel wasn't good enough for April to work with? 3x playoff team?

If you can say that about the Rams....why not the pack? If you exonerate April, please explain how you don't excuse Slocum?

Ty isn't saying April isn't a good coach. Ty is simply pointing out that perhaps the issue isn't the coach. Systemic issue.

Ty thinks the issues lies far more with the types of players on ST than the coaching.

Ty will note that except for his last stint at Buffalo, Mr. April doesn't seem to stick around very long. Ty seemed to hear that quite a bit about a former packer coach. Ty remembers it viewed in a negative light.

How about Ty curve balls you...and yet he was fired by the Steelers.

:wink:

pbmax
01-05-2010, 06:06 PM

Say what? The Rams went 12-4 in 03. Made the playoffs the following year. Ty is no Martz lover but, playoffs in 01,03, and 04..and transitioned from Warner to Bulger.

Are you trying to say that the personnel wasn't good enough for April to work with? 3x playoff team?

If you can say that about the Rams....why not the pack? If you exonerate April, please explain how you don't excuse Slocum?

Ty isn't saying April isn't a good coach. Ty is simply pointing out that perhaps the issue isn't the coach. Systemic issue.

Ty thinks the issues lies far more with the types of players on ST than the coaching.

Ty will note that except for his last stint at Buffalo, Mr. April doesn't seem to stick around very long. Ty seemed to hear that quite a bit about a former packer coach. Ty remembers it viewed in a negative light.

How about Ty curve balls you...and yet he was fired by the Steelers.

:wink:
OK, I blew that one. I confused fired in 2004 with coached the 04 season and then was let go. But I do think the Rams were on the downside of their run and I think the talent had gotten old and depth had run dry. Holt and Bruce were fine on offense in 03 but not playing special teams. And then the bottom fell out. Overall, St. Louis was his least effective stop.

PIT
94 == ST Rnk 15
95 == ST Rnk 5

NO
96 == ST Rnk 26 pre April
97 == ST Rnk 11
98 == ST Rnk 5
99 == ST Rnk 30
00 == ST Rnk 26 post April

Rams
00 == ST Rnk 18 pre April
01 == ST Rnk 29
02 == ST Rnk 17
03 - 12-4 == ST Rnk 26
04 - 8-8 == ST Rnk 32 - post April
05 - 6-10 == ST Rnk 31 - post April
06 - 8-8 == ST Rnk 31 -post April

Bills
03 == ST Rank 24
04 == ST Rank 1 - April
05 == ST Rank 1 - April
06 == ST Rank 2 - April
07 == ST Rank 6 - April
08 == ST Rank 1 - April
09 == ST Rank 12 - April

pbmax
01-05-2010, 06:09 PM
As far as his short stints, twice he left when the head coach bit the dust. First in NO and now in Buffalo, which was his choice.

Scott Campbell
01-05-2010, 06:33 PM
I've always thought it was an exercise in futility for fans to try and evaluate assistant coaches. There's just not enough information out there. We don't watch them work at all.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-06-2010, 01:01 AM
As far as his short stints, twice he left when the head coach bit the dust. First in NO and now in Buffalo, which was his choice.

Like Ty said, think the issue lies with the players. Not saying April is a bad coach.

Though, Ty thinks April is a wear out your welcome kinda guy. Don't think he really is a team player, he is a April kinda player. Ty knows April wants WAY more than to just coach ST.

Fritz
01-06-2010, 08:38 AM
How does Ty know this?

Patler
01-06-2010, 10:19 AM
Here's an opinion about April from a guy who played for him:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Need-a-special-teams-coach-Call-Bobby-April.html

Tyrone Bigguns
01-06-2010, 03:31 PM
How does Ty know this?

Didn't say know..said "thinks."

But, read about his desire to move up. His last position with Buf...assistant HC. You think that was by accident? Remember, he was a holdover from b4 jauron.

Fritz
01-06-2010, 04:36 PM
How does Ty know this?

But, read about his desire to move up. His last position with Buf...assistant HC. You think that was by accident? Remember, he was a holdover from b4 jauron.

Let me quote your post, Ty:

"Ty knows April wants WAY more than to just coach ST."

So which is it?

Tyrone Bigguns
01-06-2010, 04:54 PM
How does Ty know this?

Let me quote your post, Ty:

"Ty knows April wants WAY more than to just coach ST."

So which is it?

sorry, thought you were referring to april first thing.

Ty knows that. Read about it. And, negotiated with Wilson to get the assistant HC position with the Bills. If he wanted to coach ST, why would he have gotten that title.

April knew he had Wilson over the barrel and played hardball.

Packgator
01-07-2010, 03:24 PM
I have a feeling April will be snatched by someone before the Packers season is over.

The word today is that the Redskins are after him.

MJZiggy
01-07-2010, 08:35 PM
That would only make sense...