PDA

View Full Version : Greg Ellis

LEWCWA
07-29-2006, 07:01 PM
What do some of you think about trying to get this guy in here. Now I haven't seen any rumors about this guy, but I do know he is a little disgruntled in Dallas. Since moving to a 3-4 defense his playing time has steadily decreased and he just doesn't fit that system, but as a 4-3 DE he is a darn good player! My take on him is he is good against both the run and pass, a hard worker, doesn't rock the boat much. The only thing is he has always played the same side as Kamp.

Harlan Huckleby
07-29-2006, 09:54 PM
he started with the Jets, right? I seem to remember the Packers passed on him to nab a highly productive, undersized defensive end from Florida State.

Harlan Huckleby
07-29-2006, 10:03 PM
Whups!

I was confusing Greg Ellis with Shaun Ellis, who the Jets took right before Bubba Franks in 2000 draft. That has always stuck in my craw, I really wanted the Packers to get Shaun Ellis that year.

LEWCWA
07-29-2006, 10:16 PM
No he was drafted the same year we took Vonnie Holliday. They both played for the same NC team under Mack Brown..Ellis was taken 8th overall by the Cowboys. He is a very solid player.

Harlan Huckleby
07-29-2006, 10:17 PM
I'd like another DE on the roster, but Greg Ellis is a little long in the tooth.

LEWCWA
07-29-2006, 10:24 PM
Long in the tooth? He would start for the Packers and is only 30. How old was Reggie when he came to Green Bay?

Harlan Huckleby
07-29-2006, 10:28 PM
OK, he's 31 this summer, guess that's not too bad. But ... not ideal for rebuilding team.

LEWCWA
07-29-2006, 10:34 PM
where's Bretsky when you need him?! I know he will agree with me!lol :D

Bretsky
07-29-2006, 11:45 PM
Just back from the Brewer game; he'd be a great signing if Ted wants to win now instead of let players develop for the future. He kind of reminds me of a Santana Dotson. He'd make our team and help it quite a bit in the rotation.

With that being said, I'm not sure TT would give up much for a guy like this. I think TT wants to let what we have develop at certain positions and live or die with them.

Cheers,
B

LEWCWA
07-29-2006, 11:50 PM
Hell it wouldn't really suprise all that much if he got released in Dallas..