PDA

View Full Version : Seattle Eyeing Packer Front Office

pbmax
01-05-2010, 09:24 PM
According to PFT, John Schneider (Director of Football Operations) interviewed for the Seattle front office job along with 9 others. They are down to four finalists, PFT does not know which four made the cut.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/05/seattle-gm-field-down-to-four/

superfan
01-05-2010, 09:40 PM
Payback for stealing TT?

Don't know anything about Schneider, but I say we quickly sign him to a "poison pill" contract...

pbmax
01-05-2010, 09:46 PM
Payback for stealing TT?

Don't know anything about Schneider, but I say we quickly sign him to a "poison pill" contract...
That would be unfair since they 'stole' Holmgren, Dorsey, TT, Sherman, et al after the great "Hang Out Your Shingle" Debate of 1998.

Fritz
01-06-2010, 08:49 AM
That whole end-of-the-season was icky to me. All those reports of Holmgren pretty much all set to go to Seattle as the Big Cheese while the Packers were supposed to be getting ready for the Super Bowl. Homgren's increasing testiness adding fuel to the fire. It just seemed to undercut the team and seemed unfair somehow.

There are rules about all that but clearly teams and coaches/execs knw ow to skirt the rules. Informal feelers, emissaries, all that crap. It's disheartening. I know it's a business, but you just wish teams would actually wait, and you wish the media would stop with all the speculation.

But it's not going to happen. Still, that doesn't stop me from losing respect for certain types of guys. This is especially true of college coaches, whose players are younger - really, they're still kids (from my 49 year old perspective). Thus I despise whores like Nick Saban and Rich Rodriguez (whose nickname should not be "Rich Rod" but "Dick Wad") and Bobby Petrino and now Brian Kelley. I know, they want to strike while their irons are hot, but they are too disingenous and then have the audacity to blow up when they're questioned (Dick Wad has done this once or twice at Michigan, I believe).

That end-of-Homgren era was just sad and ugly for me. Ugh.

cheesner
01-06-2010, 09:30 AM
That whole end-of-the-season was icky to me. All those reports of Holmgren pretty much all set to go to Seattle as the Big Cheese while the Packers were supposed to be getting ready for the Super Bowl. Homgren's increasing testiness adding fuel to the fire. It just seemed to undercut the team and seemed unfair somehow.

There are rules about all that but clearly teams and coaches/execs knw ow to skirt the rules. Informal feelers, emissaries, all that crap. It's disheartening. I know it's a business, but you just wish teams would actually wait, and you wish the media would stop with all the speculation.

But it's not going to happen. Still, that doesn't stop me from losing respect for certain types of guys. This is especially true of college coaches, whose players are younger - really, they're still kids (from my 49 year old perspective). Thus I despise whores like Nick Saban and Rich Rodriguez (whose nickname should not be "Rich Rod" but "Dick Wad") and Bobby Petrino and now Brian Kelley. I know, they want to strike while their irons are hot, but they are too disingenous and then have the audacity to blow up when they're questioned (Dick Wad has done this once or twice at Michigan, I believe).

That end-of-Homgren era was just sad and ugly for me. Ugh.
The thing that really irked me is that the Packers looked unprepared in that SB. They were heavily favored, but lost that game. I always speculated that if Holmgren was more focused on the game and not on his future career, maybe things would have gone differently.