PDA

View Full Version : Pack DBs Vs Cards WR

Tony Oday
01-06-2010, 12:26 AM
I am positive Boldin plays in the playoffs however he is not at 100% by any means so I am interested in the matchups that the Pack will use on them. I personally would like to see the following:

Woodson vs Boldin
T-Will vs Fitz
Bush vs Breaston
Underwood vs Doucet

now follow me on this because I am sure most of us were or are thinking Woodson Vs Fitz all day long. Well I think with a Saftey fading to Fitz's side would lock him up as much as you can, Woodson on a gimped Boldin would free him up to be able to pass him off and let him cause havoc on the Cards. Bush and Underwood I think need to have a decent game because those guys may not be blowing it up all season this is the playoffs and if they have one good game we could lose.

In the end of course the main thing we need to do is harass Warner until he makes his mistakes.

BobDobbs
01-06-2010, 12:49 AM
We're gonna play a lot of zone coverage just like we have all year. I definitely don't think we'll see T-will locked up on Fitzgerald all game long, that would be insane.

I think this is the position battle that will determine the game. There's going to be scheming on each side. Fitz will probably be in motion more to try to gain better matchups. I know they haven't liked to blitz Wood much lately, but I hope they bring T-will a couple of times, I think that he's a much better blitzer than Bush.

packerbacker1234
01-06-2010, 12:59 AM
Twill on Fitz? Only if you like 60 yard bombs where it doesn't even matter if Fitz catches it because TWill will pass interfere him anyways.

Twill on boldin is better, because TWill isn't even half the CB Woodson is, meaning a gimped up Boldin is someone he may actually be able to cover without mugging him.

Woodson will have Fitz all day.

It's breston (if boldin plays), we need to worry about. Bush on him = disaster.

BobDobbs
01-06-2010, 01:50 AM
I don't think you're being fair to T-will. He has really come on at the end of the year. He's hitting harder than he ever has, he's got great ball skills, he's probably the fastest guy on the team, and he definitely undercut Fitzgerald on a route last game and almost intercepted the ball. Also, I think that Wood has more penalties this year than Williams.

But, I think the real point is that our whole defense is predicated on unpredictabilty and multiple formations. We definitely should not be lining up a DB against a Wideout all game. It makes it too easy on the offense. I'm not saying I want to see Raji in coverage again, ever. But, we've got to switch our coverages up to force confusion and to allow a diverse blitz package.

Tony Oday
01-06-2010, 02:43 AM
I would like to see Jolly in Coverage ;)

Fritz
01-06-2010, 08:41 AM
The key will be how much pressure the Packers can bring on Warner. If they pressure him well, as good as Warner is getting the ball out, the cover guys will have to cover for less time and on shorter routes. If Warner can stand back there ala Favre in the two Minny games, then the Packers are cooked. T-Will, Bush, Woodson - they'll all get burned at times, some more than others, but still burned.

RashanGary
01-06-2010, 09:07 AM
I agree with a couple big points in this thread, the big guys up front and the combination coverages we run make it very difficult on offenses.

Our defense seems to be peaking right now. Individually, I think Arizona has some nice matchups. Knowing where our guys are going to be and finding the time to complete passes is the next challenge for them, and then outscoring our offense that is starting to peak is the other challenge.

Arizona is good. The have a good shot, but I like this Packer team. I like our chances a little better.

Scott Campbell
01-06-2010, 09:17 AM
I agree with a couple big points in this thread, the big guys up front and the combination coverages we run make it very difficult on offenses.

Our defense seems to be peaking right now. Individually, I think Arizona has some nice matchups. Knowing where our guys are going to be and finding the time to complete passes is the next challenge for them, and then outscoring our offense that is starting to peak is the other challenge.

Arizona is good. The have a good shot, but I like this Packer team. I like our chances a little better.

I'm not sure we out talent them. They're stacked. But were are playing better at this point in the season.

MOBB DEEP
01-06-2010, 10:36 AM
WE SHOULD NOT BLITZ WARNER!!!

Bossman641
01-06-2010, 12:00 PM

I agree, but I think our ace in the hole is CM3. I think he will abuse the Cards' LT and make life hell for Warner.

denverYooper
01-06-2010, 12:01 PM
WE SHOULD NOT BLITZ WARNER!!!

We won't have to if Clay continues to be a problem for the left side of their line.

denverYooper
01-06-2010, 12:01 PM

I agree, but I think our ace in the hole is CM3. I think he will abuse the Cards' LT and make life hell for Warner.

Xactly what I was thinking.