PDA

View Full Version : Got Tickets - YESSS!!!

VegasPackFan
01-06-2010, 01:51 AM
I will be attending my first ever NFL and Packers playoff game this Sunday in AZ! Very good luck that a customer of mine had extra tickets and I was able to get them AND expense the whole trip through my company, as it is considered entertaining/marketing expense.

I will stay in Lake Havasu Sat night and then ride down there with a few guys. They have access to a private tailgate party before the game. They are all Cards fans as far as I know, so it should be fun being the guy in enemy territory.

Hope they dont drop me in the desert on the way back after we win...

Airin' Rodgers
01-06-2010, 01:58 AM
I Also got tickets. Upper deck 4th row. Attending with mom, brother and friend (vikes fan). Flying out of Milwaukee friday morning. Go Pack!

Kiwon
01-06-2010, 02:02 AM
Lucky dogs....

Do something crazy so that we can see you on TV!! :D

channtheman
01-06-2010, 12:13 PM
I'll be there as well. Though my story is a little different. My dad is a season ticket holder for the Cardinals (we live within an hour of Phoenix) and he just bought the playoff package. I'm thinking there will be even more Packer fans there this time.

ThunderDan
01-06-2010, 12:17 PM
I'll be there as well. Though my story is a little different. My dad is a season ticket holder for the Cardinals (we live within an hour of Phoenix) and he just bought the playoff package. I'm thinking there will be even more Packer fans there this time.

I think it is absolutely hilarous that the Cardinals had general public tickets available to the playoff game. What a joke!!

get louder at lambeau
01-06-2010, 01:11 PM
Make some motherfucking noise! Roll up your programs into a megaphone, and chant "GO PACK GO!" until your vocal chords shred. :clap:

Freak Out
01-06-2010, 01:14 PM
Make some motherfucking noise! Roll up your programs into a megaphone, and chant "GO PACK GO!" until your vocal chords shred. :clap:

....and bleed.

I really want to fly down for this game....but my father is in the hospital and I need to be there. I'll watch the game with him this weekend.

sheepshead
01-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Exactly, wear green, make noise and make sure all the other cheeseheads do also. I want to hear the commentators talk about how many Packer Fans are there!

channtheman
01-06-2010, 01:26 PM

It's actually hilariously easy to start a GO PACK GO chant when there are so many Packer fans around. Our group of 4 started quite a few of them.

Fosco33
01-06-2010, 01:44 PM
I'm about a 6 (to 8) hour drive from Tempe... fuel would run about $150 and it'd be a really long day if I drove back.

Was looking at reasonable tickets $150-200 range? Just not sure it's worth it...

Erock
01-06-2010, 03:32 PM
Hey guys don't post too much, but I'm hoping Packer fans fill up the Cardinals house! I lived in Tempe (I miss Dos Gringos on University) a few years back and it was amazing seeing all the Packer fans down there for a pre-season game so I'm hoping it's at least 50/50 on Sunday afternoon.

The reason I posted is Fosco, if you're thinking about going, just do it! Back on Jan 12th, 2007 I was working and it was snowin' like a mother in Madison and it was dead I left my co-worker, grabbed some warm clothes and drove to GB for the Packers/Seahawks game by myself, I had some friends partying in the lot. Couldn't find my buddies, got to GB a little after 3, it was a bi#$% driving but I made it in a blizzard, found a lady scalping a ticket, she didn't want to sit out in the crap weather, her son and mom were already in the game, she wanted $550 for one ticket, got her to $260 sat in Sect. 107 Row 1, Seat 3 SIMPLY AMAZING being at the game in the snow at Lambeau, if Ryan Grant doesn't get tripped up I think it was early 2nd quater he was running right for me, the people around me were from South Dakota, LA (two guys who never saw snow before it was classic listening to them) some people from Conn, and NY truely a great time, it's why I'm PROUD to be a Packer fan!!

Everyone going to the game have a GREAT TIME, GO PACK GO!!!

Oh and I was chucking snow ball's at the sheriffs on the field with the 12 year next to me good times!

swede
01-06-2010, 03:44 PM
Hey guys don't post too much...

Eleven posts since 2007?

By now you must have learned from many examples--notably my own--that you don't have to know much in order to pop in and have a say!

Keep posting! I was very entertained by your escapades at Lambeau. I assume that when the Sheriff's deputy looked up to see who was chucking snowballs you pointed at the 12 year old, right?

Erock
01-06-2010, 05:14 PM
swede, what's goin' on? I'll try to get in here more and post, I like to read a lot of the posts, it's fairly entertaining and somewhat informative.....

Actually the 12 yr old and I both pointed at his grandma! :shock:

Fosco33
01-06-2010, 05:54 PM
Hey guys don't post too much, but I'm hoping Packer fans fill up the Cardinals house! I lived in Tempe (I miss Dos Gringos on University) a few years back and it was amazing seeing all the Packer fans down there for a pre-season game so I'm hoping it's at least 50/50 on Sunday afternoon.

The reason I posted is Fosco, if you're thinking about going, just do it! Back on Jan 12th, 2007 I was working and it was snowin' like a mother in Madison and it was dead I left my co-worker, grabbed some warm clothes and drove to GB for the Packers/Seahawks game by myself, I had some friends partying in the lot. Couldn't find my buddies, got to GB a little after 3, it was a bi#$% driving but I made it in a blizzard, found a lady scalping a ticket, she didn't want to sit out in the crap weather, her son and mom were already in the game, she wanted $550 for one ticket, got her to $260 sat in Sect. 107 Row 1, Seat 3 SIMPLY AMAZING being at the game in the snow at Lambeau, if Ryan Grant doesn't get tripped up I think it was early 2nd quater he was running right for me, the people around me were from South Dakota, LA (two guys who never saw snow before it was classic listening to them) some people from Conn, and NY truely a great time, it's why I'm PROUD to be a Packer fan!!

Everyone going to the game have a GREAT TIME, GO PACK GO!!!

Oh and I was chucking snow ball's at the sheriffs on the field with the 12 year next to me good times!

Good times - great game.

I've been to plenty of home/away games. As soon as that game was in hand (Seattle) and the Cowboys lost (the next day I think), I booked a flight and went on stubhub to buy tickets for the NFC Championship game. Not quite the outcome I wanted but a great memory nonetheless.

If it were a more appealing matchup or desirable location (for more than just the game), I may be more inclined. Only other thing holding me back is I have a friend from Madison in town with his kid/wife... such decisions!

Fosco33
01-06-2010, 05:57 PM
Packers fans in the Phoenix area are invited to a Green Bay Packers G-Force Pep Rally Saturday, Jan. 9, from 5:30 to 7 p.m., at FOX Sports Grill in Scottsdale, located at 16203 N. Scottsdale Rd.

http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2010/01/06/3/