PDA

View Full Version : Question About Broadcasts...

Fritz
01-06-2010, 09:01 AM
Okay, I'm a dummy on this topic. I notices on my sister's split-screen television that different games are being broadcast in different parts of the country. Okay. And the games don't all proceed at the same pace - one game gets to halftime before another does.

Yet the same team - let's say Howie, Terry, et all - does the halftime show for all the games.

How do they coordinate that with all the time differences - one game's at halftime at 1:20 and another goes into halftime at 1:30 and so on?

KYPack
01-06-2010, 09:14 AM
They go "live" with the first team that goes to halftime. They use that "show' as kind of a template and insert it into the succeeding halftimes. Many times, the first teams to go to halftime will be two or three games. All the teams halftimes are within 3-5 minutes of each other. The things that slow one game down are controversial calls with lots of review or major injuries. When the Bengals are out of town and the Packers are on, I go to a Sports bar to watch the games. Sometimes, all the games go to half within 60 seconds each other. Then, they just run the one show basically live.

I'm usually amazed at how close the games are in terms of time. Passing teams go longer bc of the clock stops with incomplete opasses. It's a passing league now, so even that seems to even out.