PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Stadium going to be filled with

packers11
01-06-2010, 12:14 PM
packer fans?

pft.com

Look for a lot of Packers fans in Arizona
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 6, 2010 12:33 PM ET
Back-to-back division championships and a Super Bowl run still hasn't created Cardinals hysteria in the desert.

As of Tuesday evening, there were still tickets available to Sunday's Packers-Cardinals game. (The team says less than 2,000.)

A sellout looks inevitable, but the available tickets should guarantee a healthy amount of Cheeseheads in the crowd. In fact, the official Twitter account of the Packers to their followers that tickets were still available Wednesday morning.

"Support the Packers in Arizona!" the tweet said.

We suspect they will do just that.

Whoever lives remotely close to Arizona buy some tickets. I want to hear the "GO PACK GO" chant... it makes me laugh everytime I hear it in another stadium

channtheman
01-06-2010, 12:17 PM
It will be. Arizona made tickets only available online to residents of Arizona on Monday and didn't even sell out. So they then made them available to everyone. The only game that was truly sold out last year for the Cardinals (as in every seat was filled, not the fake sellouts) was the Championship game. Kind of sad really for the Cardinals.

I think there will be as many if not more Packer fans at this game than the last.

swede
01-06-2010, 02:40 PM
I'm not much of a wheeler dealer, but if the online sales were to AZ citizens, wouldn't it pay for A'zonians to buy as many tix as possible and then flip them to Ticket-brokering sites for a profit?

Ty--this is your part of the country. You could outfit all the Rats with tickets, buddy.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-06-2010, 03:16 PM
I'm not much of a wheeler dealer, but if the online sales were to AZ citizens, wouldn't it pay for A'zonians to buy as many tix as possible and then flip them to Ticket-brokering sites for a profit?

Ty--this is your part of the country. You could outfit all the Rats with tickets, buddy.

Shoulda thought about that during some of your many posts directed at me.

All liberal pack fans let me know. Ty will get you ticket. The following conservatives are outta luck: Rand, Wist, Howard, Kiwon, Sheepdip, etc.

Ty will make an exception for Skin. Why? Arpaio is waiting for Skin.

Scott Campbell
01-06-2010, 03:31 PM
Has anyone actually seen a live Cardinals fan? I assume they exist.

Much like endangered species of giant turtles, I've only seen them on TV.

swede
01-06-2010, 03:36 PM

We may disagree, but I never stoop to the level of name-calling or treating you with disrespect, you clown-faced cretin.

I do apologize for a remark I once made about your mother. I had no idea that her podiatrist suggested the army boots would provide her with much needed arch support. I was wrong to comment on it.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-06-2010, 03:52 PM

We may disagree, but I never stoop to the level of name-calling or treating you with disrespect, you clown-faced cretin.

I do apologize for a remark I once made about your mother. I had no idea that her podiatrist suggested the army boots would provide her with much needed arch support. I was wrong to comment on it.

Who wants Swede's ticket?

Smidgeon
01-06-2010, 03:53 PM

And much like the endagered species called the Pinta Island Tortoise, there's only one left with no offspring. Faretheewell Lonesome George.

Scott Campbell
01-06-2010, 03:54 PM

If I demand that the government provide me one at no cost, can I have it?

Tyrone Bigguns
01-06-2010, 03:59 PM

Sure.

Meet me at terminal 4 bathroom at sk yharbor. Enter the 2nd stall. Tap your foot.

Scott Campbell
01-06-2010, 04:01 PM

Sure.

Meet me at terminal 4 bathroom at sk yharbor. Enter the 2nd stall. Tap your foot.

I'm not fallin for that old trick. Butt that just might work on Harlan.

Fosco33
01-06-2010, 04:13 PM

I made this mistake of going to one in the old stadium - happened to be in late September '03 - the game was extremely hot (I think a record for the Packers - like 105 - felt like 110. Way more uncomfortable than sitting in the cold at the NFCC vs. Giants.

Packers lost - and the crowd kept chanting, "go back home." instead of 'go pack go.' It sucked all around.

Iron Mike
01-06-2010, 06:59 PM
All liberal pack fans let me know. Ty will get you ticket.

Couldn't we just hang out at Mabel Murphy's??

http://www.mabelmurphysaz.com/Home.html

swede
01-06-2010, 08:35 PM

I made this mistake of going to one in the old stadium - happened to be in late September '03 - the game was extremely hot (I think a record for the Packers - like 105 - felt like 110. Way more uncomfortable than sitting in the cold at the NFCC vs. Giants.

Packers lost - and the crowd kept chanting, "go back home." instead of 'go pack go.' It sucked all around.

I remember that game! Some wise guy producer kept cutting to a shot of what was once a beautiful platter of various artisan cheeses. Under the desert heat it was slowly melting into a pool of orange and white goo, a sad symbol of the Packers' fortunes that day.

HowardRoark
01-06-2010, 08:42 PM

How about a little neighborliness and sending them up to old Howard?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFdkTxYrCnQ&feature=related

SkinBasket
01-06-2010, 09:43 PM

All liberal pack fans let me know. Ty will get you ticket. The following conservatives are outta luck: Rand, Wist, Howard, Kiwon, Sheepdip, etc.

I don't think you really want the two of us hanging out around the likes of you. I've got a box of pink g-strings Ive been saving for just such a meeting. I assumed you were size small.

Guiness
01-06-2010, 11:40 PM

I remember that game! Some wise guy producer kept cutting to a shot of what was once a beautiful platter of various artisan cheeses. Under the desert heat it was slowly melting into a pool of orange and white goo, a sad symbol of the Packers' fortunes that day.

Ya, it was a nationally televised game, because I remember it. It was like 'the frozen tundra' in reverse. All the Packers had tubes hooked up to an air conditioner shoved into their uniforms to keep cool, and Arizona was doing jumping jacks in time with the cheerleaders.

It sucked.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-07-2010, 12:01 AM
All liberal pack fans let me know. Ty will get you ticket.

Couldn't we just hang out at Mabel Murphy's??

http://www.mabelmurphysaz.com/Home.html

Ah, Mabels, home of the free 8 oz sirloin steak on Wednesday! The singles hot spot in the 70s, and it looked like it hadn't been dusted, cleaned or updated since then.

Sorry. Mabel's is closed.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/bella/2009/07/chef_aaron_mays_got_another_re.php

Yesterday we announced Chef Aaron May's plans to open a noodle house and Mexican restaurant as part Downtown Phoenix's CityScape project. As it turns out, the good chef is cooking up something else in Scottsdale.

Last week, May closed on the building formerly known as Green Bay Packers bar Mabel Murphy's located at Main and Goldwater in Old Town Scottsdale. What sort of dining experience can we expect from this new space?

Another old school joint gone. Coach House overrun with frat boys. Getting harder and harder to find a good dive bar in the old town area. You can't hang at the Roadrunner all the time.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-07-2010, 12:16 AM

I don't think you really want the two of us hanging out around the likes of you. I've got a box of pink g-strings Ive been saving for just such a meeting. I assumed you were size small.

Who said anything about hanging out. Said Ty would get you a ticket.

The pink g strings will be perfect for you stay at Maricopa jail, under America's toughest Sheriff Joe Arpaio. He will appreciate you bringing your own undies since Sheriff Joe makes all his inmates wear pink. You will be saving Arizona tax payers!

Tyrone Bigguns
01-07-2010, 12:19 AM

How about a little neighborliness and sending them up to old Howard?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFdkTxYrCnQ&feature=related

It would be wrong of Ty to just GIVE you the tickets. You have to earn them. It is a moral lesson.

You republicans love moral lessons.

Ty has changed is whole thought process. Ty is converted!

Start the opening bid at 500 for a ticket.

The free market rocks!!!

SkinBasket
01-07-2010, 10:35 AM

Who said anything about hanging out. Said Ty would get you a ticket.

The pink g strings will be perfect for you stay at Maricopa jail, under America's toughest Sheriff Joe Arpaio. He will appreciate you bringing your own undies since Sheriff Joe makes all his inmates wear pink.

What a coincidence.