PDA

View Full Version : PICK THE FIRST ROUND OF THE PLAYOFFS

Bretsky
01-07-2010, 10:30 PM
OK, put yourself on record with your picks.
I'm going

1. Green Bay- Very tempted to bet money on them but worried about bad karma
2. Phily--Just got a feeling; logic tells me Dallas but gotta feeling Phily upsets them

1. Cincy- Again logic tells me Jets but got a feeling they come though
2. Patriots- Have to pick the genius to find a way even though they might be overmatched

ICU81MI
01-07-2010, 10:35 PM
I'm with you on all four picks.

Bossman641
01-07-2010, 10:55 PM
Agree on all counts, except I think Dallas beats Philly. I also think Cincy will beat the Jets pretty easily.

bobblehead
01-07-2010, 11:05 PM
GB, Dallas, NE, Cincy

I am betting cincy, Dallas, and i'm 6 point teasing NE and the over in GB/AZ

PS...anyone have the thread where we all picked before the year??

If I recall I had SD and GB in the superbowl.

TennesseePackerBacker
01-07-2010, 11:14 PM
Packers, Cowboys, Baltimore, Bengals

I might place a wager on the Packers and Cowboys...dunno about the other two

pbmax
01-07-2010, 11:31 PM
Jets, Cowboys, Ravens, Packers

Bretsky
01-07-2010, 11:31 PM
Curious where everybody bets and what the spreads are ? Can somebody plz post ? I heard AZ was favored by 3 over GB at start of the week

Bossman641
01-07-2010, 11:33 PM
I heard AZ -3 too, but I would guess it has come down from that.

bobblehead
01-07-2010, 11:50 PM
Curious where everybody bets and what the spreads are ? Can somebody plz post ? I heard AZ was favored by 3 over GB at start of the week

http://www.covers.com/sports/nfl/nfl_lines.aspx

pretty accurate to the half hour.

Bretsky
01-08-2010, 12:04 AM
HMMM; I think I'd bet the over on both NFC playoff games and on Green Bay

TY TY TY, what say you about the lines this week ????????????????

TennesseePackerBacker
01-08-2010, 12:30 AM
covers is good, so is scoresandodds.com

HarveyWallbangers
01-08-2010, 01:04 AM
Green Bay, Philadelphia, New England, Jets

I'm picking Green Bay, but I think it will be very close. I also have the feeling Philly wins. McNabb has done it time and again in the playoffs. Romo has been shaky in the playoffs. It seems the Jets and Bengals have turned into similar teams (run and play defense), but the Jets are better at both. Of course, their QB play is shaky. I do like the Ravens, but it's hard to pick against New England at home.

TennesseePackerBacker
01-08-2010, 02:02 AM
Im edging closer and closer towards taking the Bengals. The line has moved down to -2.5 due to the public pounding the Jets. Like Harvey said, both teams are very similar in the fact they love to run and play defense. The biggest gap between these two teams is QB play. Carson Palmer? Mark Sanchez on the road in his rookie season? The Jets aren't Pittsburgh from Ben Rofl's-berger days. Bengals cover.

packerbacker1234
01-08-2010, 03:16 AM
GB, Dallas, Jets, Ravens.

I think the Jets and Ravens advance purely based off defense. Ochocinco isn't 100%, and brady hasn't been all world like he was in 07. Missing his #1 target, ravens defense claims that win, and the jets defense (I think it's #1 in the nfl) leads a easy road over cincy.

GB has too much for AZ to handle - great defensive play combined with a potent offense. They will need the same defense that shut down Minnesota to make this a real game.

Something keeps telling me to go with Philly - they were hot right up to the last game of the season, and were almost the #2 seed. Still, I go with Dallas. Something just tells me this is the year they finally get one playoff win.

Gunakor
01-08-2010, 04:35 AM
Jets don't belong in these playoffs IMO. I know the tiebreakers and all, and they earned their spot fair and square, but I don't see the Jets as even being in the game with Cincy once the ball is kicked off to start the second half. Cincy will run away with that one.

Packers have outscored AZ some ridiculous 76-13 or something like that in 2 meetings with them this year. Thier own fans think the Cards are too soft to play with our physical football team and win a 60 minute battle. If they can't get more pressure on Rodgers I expect another epic blowout. Especially if Boldin doesn't play, I honestly don't think AZ has an answer for us.

Dallas/Philadelphia is a toss up. Something tells me Dallas wins that one, but nothing would surprise me in that game. It should be pretty close.

I hate the Pats, but I just can't bet against Brady in the playoffs. At least until Indy. NE wins this one.

jklowan
01-08-2010, 08:16 AM
GB, Dallas, New England, Jets

vince
01-08-2010, 08:48 AM
Green Bay, Dallas, New England, Cincinnati

BlueBrewer
01-08-2010, 09:04 AM
the line is AZ -1 today

Oscar
01-08-2010, 09:26 AM
Packers-Eagles-Ravens on the road and the Bengals at home.

Spaulding
01-08-2010, 09:32 AM
Thinking of a four team parlay for Pack/Cowgirls/Jets/Pats.

denverYooper
01-08-2010, 10:03 AM
the line is AZ -1 today

Per Fortenbaugh (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Betting-the-Wild-Card-Round.html):

Recent Trends

1. Green Bay is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Arizona.

2. Green Bay is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games when playing Arizona.

3. Green Bay is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games.

4. Arizona is 14-7 ATS in its last 21 games.

5. Arizona is 9-4 SU in its last 13 games.

6. The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Arizona’s last 7 games.

GB also 11-4-1 ATS on season, 6-2 ATS in the road.

Freak Out
01-08-2010, 02:13 PM
DAYUM!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

channtheman
01-08-2010, 02:20 PM
Okay here we go.

Dallas
Green Bay
Jets
Ravens

TennesseePackerBacker
01-08-2010, 02:23 PM
I hate the fact that everybody and their mother is in love with the Packers against the Cards. The bettor in me tells me to run for the hills when I see this happen. Then again, the Packers are the better team on both sides of the ball.

If we lose it is because of 3 things.
1. Losing the turnover margin (hard to see this happening)
2. Warner channeling Ben Rofl's-berger
3. Poor offensive line play

It's probably going to take all three of these things happening together to sink the Packers. That's how confident I am in the Packers this week.

When playing poker or gamble I've always stuck to the maxim, "Don't go looking for monsters under the bed". Sure this "perfect storm" of events could happen, but you can't look for it to.

BlueBrewer
01-08-2010, 03:27 PM
DAYUM!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

That is the kiss of death.

BlueBrewer
01-08-2010, 03:29 PM
the line is AZ -1 today

Per Fortenbaugh (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Betting-the-Wild-Card-Round.html):

Recent Trends

1. Green Bay is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Arizona.

2. Green Bay is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games when playing Arizona.

3. Green Bay is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games.

4. Arizona is 14-7 ATS in its last 21 games.

5. Arizona is 9-4 SU in its last 13 games.

6. The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Arizona’s last 7 games.

GB also 11-4-1 ATS on season, 6-2 ATS in the road.

The game is a pick now

Bretsky
01-08-2010, 05:49 PM
I'm flipping my pick to the Jets

MJZiggy
01-08-2010, 06:22 PM
I hate the fact that everybody and their mother is in love with the Packers against the Cards. The bettor in me tells me to run for the hills when I see this happen. Then again, the Packers are the better team on both sides of the ball.

It's probably going to take all three of these things happening together to sink the Packers. That's how confident I am in the Packers this week.

When playing poker or gamble I've always stuck to the maxim, "Don't go looking for monsters under the bed". Sure this "perfect storm" of events could happen, but you can't look for it to. You forgot special teams.

packerbacker1234
01-08-2010, 07:02 PM
Gotta Remember, the cards are a great team when they want to be. The offense either looks all world or like crap. They bring that allword style with a savvy vet QB... even our good defense will haev issues.

Their defense... remember earlier this year they completely shut down the vikings, an offense we have yet to figure out how to stop. Thats how good that defense can be when it wants to be. So, I wont go right off the bat and say "packers are better then the cardinals across the board".

maybe statistically for the season, but look at what they got.

1. A solid OL
2. Emerging RB in Wells, that is at least on par with what Grant gives us, if not better.
3. Two allpro stud WR's, and 3rd that is almost as good
4. 3 really good secondary players
5. A solid DL

I mean, the cardinals are nothing to sniff at. It's the same team that almost won a SB last year. I would go as far as to say they are prolly better overall then we are. The packers are simply peaking at the right time.

I went with the pack, like most, because we are homers afterall. I am not certaintly going to pick the cards. :)

Smidgeon
01-08-2010, 07:14 PM
Gotta Remember, the cards are a great team when they want to be. The offense either looks all world or like crap. They bring that allword style with a savvy vet QB... even our good defense will haev issues.

Their defense... remember earlier this year they completely shut down the vikings, an offense we have yet to figure out how to stop. Thats how good that defense can be when it wants to be. So, I wont go right off the bat and say "packers are better then the cardinals across the board".

maybe statistically for the season, but look at what they got.

1. A solid OL
2. Emerging RB in Wells, that is at least on par with what Grant gives us, if not better.
3. Two allpro stud WR's, and 3rd that is almost as good
4. 3 really good secondary players
5. A solid DL

I mean, the cardinals are nothing to sniff at. It's the same team that almost won a SB last year. I would go as far as to say they are prolly better overall then we are. The packers are simply peaking at the right time.

I went with the pack, like most, because we are homers afterall. I am not certaintly going to pick the cards. :)

Taking issue with your claim that the Cards are great when they want to be. So you're saying that the offensive eggs they laid this season, the five INT game by Warner, was a game they didn't want to play great in?

Fritz
01-08-2010, 07:30 PM

When playing poker or gamble I've always stuck to the maxim, "Don't go looking for monsters under the bed". Sure this "perfect storm" of events could happen, but you can't look for it to.

You forgot the crucial special teams eff up, man.

Bretsky
01-08-2010, 08:13 PM
DO THE RATS need the IRON CLAD Bretsky Take it to the Bank Guarantee :?:

Brando19
01-08-2010, 08:32 PM
Packers
Eagles
Bengals
Ravens

And Bretsky...please gives us that guarantee because it makes it 100% for me....it'll make me sleep better tonight. Your "take it to the bank" guarantee has been spot on so far.

RashanGary
01-08-2010, 08:59 PM
Patriots
Packers
Bengals
Cowboys

Dallas and Philly is the toughest one for me. It was so convincing last week, I went with Dallas.

MJZiggy
01-08-2010, 10:02 PM
DO THE RATS need the IRON CLAD Bretsky Take it to the Bank Guarantee :?:

Yes, please and one for the Ravens wouldn't hurt either.

jmbarnes101
01-09-2010, 09:06 AM
Patriots
Jets
Eagles
Cardinals

If I get that last game wrong I'll be extremely happy but everybody and their mother is on them and that scares me. I'm hoping they haven't looked at everybody else's predictions and started to get big heads about it.

Joemailman
01-09-2010, 02:02 PM
Patriots - Ravens won't get enough pressure on Brady

Bengals - Jets are too one-dimensional on offense.

Eagles - Andy Reid is a better playoff coach than Wade Phillips

Packers - Packers road record is better than Cardinals home record.

Bretsky
01-09-2010, 10:15 PM
DANG; tonight the Cowpies looked as good or better than any NFC team
Domination

channtheman
01-09-2010, 10:27 PM
Okay here we go.

Dallas
Green Bay
Jets
Ravens

So far so good for me. I don't think it was a fluke that the Jets and Cowboys had destroyed their opponents last week.

I expect a closer game against the Cards this time but I still think we win by more than one possession. Ravens was just a pick almost randomly. We'll see what happens there.

Bretsky
01-09-2010, 10:58 PM
Packers look like they are 2 point favorites on scoresandodds

packerbacker1234
01-10-2010, 04:13 AM
GB, Dallas, Jets, Ravens.

I think the Jets and Ravens advance purely based off defense. Ochocinco isn't 100%, and brady hasn't been all world like he was in 07. Missing his #1 target, ravens defense claims that win, and the jets defense (I think it's #1 in the nfl) leads a easy road over cincy.

GB has too much for AZ to handle - great defensive play combined with a potent offense. They will need the same defense that shut down Minnesota to make this a real game.

Something keeps telling me to go with Philly - they were hot right up to the last game of the season, and were almost the #2 seed. Still, I go with Dallas. Something just tells me this is the year they finally get one playoff win.

So far so good in my picks. And people told me I was foolish for picking the jets... ha!