PDA

View Full Version : Things you expect to see in this game

RashanGary
01-08-2010, 10:17 AM
I think we're going to see:
1. A big play or two from Warner/Fitz against Woodson on double moves
2. A bunch of sacks on Warner.
3. Matthews to have a field day

Everyone knows Woodson studies tape and jumps routes. The Cardinals are going to try to burn Woodson with a few double moves. However, the Packers front seven is as healthy and strong as they've ever been and finding the time to do that should be easier said than done. In an attempt to beat the Packers aggressive secondary, Warner is going to have to hold onto the ball. Look for the most underrated front 7 in the NFL, with their pass rush lead by Matthews, to destroy Warner. Their offense should look similar to our offense early in the season. Big plays, but way too many drive killing sacks.

Look for Arizona to keep it close with the occasional huge play, but look for the Packers to dominate the time of possession and then wear them out in the 4th quarter.

ST's is the scariest part of this game. One special teams TD or a couple huge returns against us and this game becomes very hard to win.

GO PACK!!

vince
01-08-2010, 10:25 AM
I expect to see Sitton shut down Dockett for the most part.

I expect to see the ball go right over Bush's head into the arms of a Cardinal reciever as he turns and throws his arms up to deflect a ball a half-second too late. But that'll only happen once.

I expect to see Rodgers school the AZ defensive backfield using his whole arsenal of receivers and backs - mostly short early - in the passing game.

I expect to see Finley entrench himself as the go-to red zone target.

I expect to see Jones and Nelson to thrive versus the Cardinals undersized, non-physical corners.

Tony Oday
01-08-2010, 10:32 AM
Bush gets beat like a red headed step child by the entire WR corp from AZ.
Bigby bails Bush out with two pics
Grant with 78 yards and a TD
AR 3 TD passes and one running
Raji getting to Warner up the gut
Woodson's name does not get called...which means neither does Fitz's

Smidgeon
01-08-2010, 10:40 AM
I think we're going to see:
1. A big play or two from Warner/Fitz against Woodson on double moves
2. A bunch of sacks on Warner.
3. Matthews to have a field day

Everyone knows Woodson studies tape and jumps routes. The Cardinals are going to try to burn Woodson with a few double moves. However, the Packers front seven is as healthy and strong as they've ever been and finding the time to do that should be easier said than done. In an attempt to beat the Packers aggressive secondary, Warner is going to have to hold onto the ball. Look for the most underrated front 7 in the NFL, with their pass rush lead by Matthews, to destroy Warner. Their offense should look similar to our offense early in the season. Big plays, but way too many drive killing sacks.

Look for Arizona to keep it close with the occasional huge play, but look for the Packers to dominate the time of possession and then wear them out in the 4th quarter.

ST's is the scariest part of this game. One special teams TD or a couple huge returns against us and this game becomes very hard to win.

GO PACK!!

Sure Woodson jumps routes, but let's be clear: There's a difference between Asante Samuel jumping routes and Charles Woodson jumping routes. Name the last time Woodson jumped a route when it was actually a double move and the ball wasn't there. I could be wrong, but I can't remember one. I remember ones where he missed the ball by a hair or two, but not when the ball wasn't there.

sharpe1027
01-08-2010, 10:45 AM
Bush gets picked on early. As a result, he ends up with a pick.

Woodson is avoided like the plague, but Dom moves him around and he undercuts a TE for a pick that he drops. He still gets a forced fumble.

Grant has good yardage on the few carries he gets.

Green Bay's D gives up a lot of yards, but forces several turnover.

A drunken packerrat streaks the field and is tackled by Kevin Greene after avoiding security for ten minutes.

RashanGary
01-08-2010, 10:45 AM
dp

denverYooper
01-08-2010, 11:03 AM
Bush has a decent game and gets a pick.

Cullen's due for one of his wow games.

The biggest problem for the Cards will be CM3, and he's either going to terrorize Warner or they're going to have to devote extra resources to making sure he doesn't. One place the Cards left their starters in was on the O-Line and Matthews was a long day for them. As long as Clay's as effective, I don't actually see Capers bringing a lot of 5+ pressure because he won't have to.

I'm a little more worried about Breaston than the other 2 Cards WRs. We have some issues with fast receivers and we're going to have to account for his speed.

Oscar
01-08-2010, 11:49 AM
All the above plus two batted balls by the Jolly Man!

pbmax
01-08-2010, 12:28 PM
All the above plus two batted balls by the Jolly Man!
And one INT for Mr. Robitussin.

packerbacker1234
01-08-2010, 01:26 PM
Woodson plays a lot more zone these days then pure man to man, though how wellt hat passing game is going may dictate that he needs to man up on Fitz more.

If it's a deep ball, it's usually not Woodsons responsbility unless he has a Zone deep coverage.

1. A big play to Fitz where he outjumps collins for a ball
2. Williams mugging Boldin deep for a 30+ yard PI call
3, Woodson with a Pick
4. Mathews with a sack, maybe a FF
5. One handed deep catch by Driver
6. Grant over 100 yards
7. Rodgers throws a pick
8. Finley with 2 td's.

RashanGary
01-08-2010, 02:14 PM
Woodson plays a lot more zone these days then pure man to man, though how wellt hat passing game is going may dictate that he needs to man up on Fitz more.

If it's a deep ball, it's usually not Woodsons responsbility unless he has a Zone deep coverage.

1. A big play to Fitz where he outjumps collins for a ball
2. Williams mugging Boldin deep for a 30+ yard PI call
3, Woodson with a Pick
4. Mathews with a sack, maybe a FF
5. One handed deep catch by Driver
6. Grant over 100 yards
7. Rodgers throws a pick
8. Finley with 2 td's.

LOL. Thanks

retailguy
01-08-2010, 04:11 PM
I don't expect to see anything. I don't have a clue what's going to happen. If I'm AZ, I'm pissed. Yet, somehow I expect GB to handle that extra motivation.

I want a really good game.

Brandon494
01-08-2010, 04:13 PM
Clay Matthews will be the player of the game having 3 sacks!

HarveyWallbangers
01-08-2010, 04:21 PM
I don't expect to see anything. I don't have a clue what's going to happen. If I'm AZ, I'm pissed. Yet, somehow I expect GB to handle that extra motivation.

I want a win. Don't care if it's a good game or not.

Smidgeon
01-08-2010, 04:28 PM

I want a win. Don't care if it's a good game or not.

Bingo!

Guiness
01-08-2010, 04:30 PM
Bush gets picked on early. As a result, he ends up with a pick.

Woodson is avoided like the plague, but Dom moves him around and he undercuts a TE for a pick that he drops. He still gets a forced fumble.

Grant has good yardage on the few carries he gets.

Green Bay's D gives up a lot of yards, but forces several turnover.

A drunken packerrat streaks the field and is tackled by Kevin Greene after avoiding security for ten minutes.

or gets away...mostly because nobody wants to tackle a naked guy
obligatory 70's show reference

The Shadow
01-08-2010, 04:40 PM
A false start against Clifton.

sheepshead
01-08-2010, 05:06 PM
Fake field goal, maybe two. 8-)

wist43
01-08-2010, 05:11 PM
As our debates in other threads have gone... to me, it's all about pressure. To that end, I would open up the playbook on defense.

If Warner hits on a couple??? So what??? Keep the pressure coming... I'd rather give up a couple of TD's b/c they just happened to hit on one or two, than to sit back and let Warner get into a rhythm, and give up 40+ points, 500 yds, and 38 minutes TOP, 7 to 18 yds at a time.

If Capers gets conservative, I don't like our odds. If Capers does get conservative... I think our only chance it for the offense to score on just about every possession, b/c Arizona will surely be putting pts on the board, only question would be if we could keep pace.

Freak Out
01-08-2010, 05:23 PM
Crosby does not miss a kick.

RashanGary
01-08-2010, 05:30 PM

You're so smart :)

esoxx
01-10-2010, 03:27 PM
Bad officiating and a controversial call.

esoxx
01-10-2010, 07:17 PM
Bad officiating and a controversial call.

QFT

Last play, Rodgers was facemasked.

Fuckin' refs! :x

esoxx
01-11-2010, 05:27 PM
Did I mention fuckin' refs? :x