View Full Version : Worst Fears

RashanGary
01-08-2010, 12:27 PM
1. Jarett Bush
2. Special Teams
3. Penalties
4. Offensive Line
5. Injuries

One or several of these 5 things will probably be talked about as the reason we lost if we lose, right?

pbmax
01-08-2010, 12:29 PM
1. Kurt Warner

packers11
01-08-2010, 12:29 PM
4th and 26 (eagles) or 27 (SF)...

If a San Fransisco play (Terrell Owens) or Philly play (Freddie Mitchell) ends our season, I will be sick for weeks...

Fosco33
01-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Play-calling/scheme
Overconfidence/preparedness

mission
01-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Mike McCarthy

(we get a first half lead and blow it from trying to run out the clock)

just keep scoring

pbmax
01-08-2010, 12:34 PM
Mike McCarthy

just keep scoring
Arizona is 14th in Rush D according to Football Outsiders. This might work in this game.

mission
01-08-2010, 12:36 PM
Mike McCarthy

just keep scoring
Arizona is 14th in Rush D according to Football Outsiders. This might work in this game.

Maybe it would; I'm just scared (fear) it won't.

hurleyfan
01-08-2010, 12:45 PM
Darnell Dockett

Smidgeon
01-08-2010, 12:58 PM
1. Warner's three step drop
2. GB's dime package
3. Dockett against Wells
4. Fitzgerald in motion
5. McCarthy's challenge flag

pbmax
01-08-2010, 01:00 PM
From PFT: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/08/pft-daily-january-8-2010/

PFT Daily: January 8, 2010

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 8, 2010 11:50 AM ET
Yesterday's PFT Daily previewed the Saturday games.

You can guess what today's edition is about.

Florio and I are in agreement on three games this weekend. That's not a good sign for the teams we picked.

The game I don't feel good about picking either way is Packers-Cardinals. Everything points to the Packers. The betting public has hammered their money on the Packers. Florio likes the Packers.

When everyone agrees on any game, especially picking against a team as talented as the Cardinals, everyone is almost always wrong. I cannot wait for these games to start.

packerbacker1234
01-08-2010, 01:23 PM
Bush.... Williams mugging people deep.

Woodson having to site a quarter due to reaggrivating his shoulder = total disaster against an offense as potent as the cards are when clicking.

BlueBrewer
01-08-2010, 01:29 PM
snakes, man I hate them.

Smidgeon
01-08-2010, 01:29 PM

Give it up on the idea of Williams mugging people regularly. It was one game. One game! He isn't even near to Ahmad Carroll territory which is where it sounds like you're putting him.

Freak Out
01-08-2010, 02:19 PM
Darnell Dockett

He could wreak havoc.

MadScientist
01-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Losing in any way shape or form and having to see post from Rastak and MNGolf on how good it is to still be in the playoffs.

Jimx29
01-08-2010, 03:26 PM
MM looking like a deer in the headlights from his poor coaching

Brando19
01-08-2010, 03:44 PM
Packers lose to the Vikings in the NFC Championship...Vikings go on to win the Super Bowl....Favre wins Super Bowl MVP and retires.

retailguy
01-08-2010, 03:57 PM
MM looking like a deer in the headlights from his poor coaching

Hearing "we'll have to get that fixed for next season".

Noodle
01-08-2010, 04:17 PM
Packers lose to the Vikings in the NFC Championship...Vikings go on to win the Super Bowl....Favre wins Super Bowl MVP and retires.

Cripes, might as well add getting paper cuts between your toes until the end of time.

Posts like this are why we need some sort of government control of the Internet.

For the love of God, Brando, don't you know that women and children have access to your posts?

MadScientist
01-08-2010, 05:15 PM
I've seen have a dozen horror flicks (classic and new) this year, and not one scene in any of them was nearly this horrific. :shock:

packerbacker1234
01-08-2010, 06:57 PM

Give it up on the idea of Williams mugging people regularly. It was one game. One game! He isn't even near to Ahmad Carroll territory which is where it sounds like you're putting him.

Carrol also wasn;t nearly as bad as we made him out to be either. The kid had a slew of bad games, next thing you know anytime he jammed a guy it was automatic hands to the face, even though he wasn't even close to touching the facemask.

I never said that williams mugs people regularily, I am simply saying he will in the cards game on a deep ball. That doesn't mean he is bad, Woodson has done it, so has harriss. He will most likely end up covering a probowl caliber WR ona deep ball, and lets face it, tramon williams is not good enough yet, anyways, to cover a probowl WR deep. He may have to mug, to prevent a TD.

Joemailman
01-08-2010, 07:08 PM
Worst fear would be that Woodson re-injures his shoulder and has to come out.

Second would be that Cardinals double-team CMIII and no one else can get to Warner.

Smidgeon
01-08-2010, 07:15 PM

Carrol also wasn;t nearly as bad as we made him out to be either. The kid had a slew of bad games, next thing you know anytime he jammed a guy it was automatic hands to the face, even though he wasn't even close to touching the facemask.

I never said that williams mugs people regularily, I am simply saying he will in the cards game on a deep ball. That doesn't mean he is bad, Woodson has done it, so has harriss. He will most likely end up covering a probowl caliber WR ona deep ball, and lets face it, tramon williams is not good enough yet, anyways, to cover a probowl WR deep. He may have to mug, to prevent a TD.

Fair enough on the Williams point. Still disagree on the Carroll point.

Bretsky
01-08-2010, 08:32 PM
I fear our lack of depth in the secondary is badly exposed by that #3 WR on teams that are deep enough.....Bush, Martin, Bell....if Bigby need to take more coverage responsibility....it all scares me

Brando19
01-08-2010, 08:35 PM
I'd like to take this time to apologize for my worst fear post. I realize this is a family board and I shouldn't be thinking out loud. Brett Favre will lose in their first game of the playoffs...retire...and sign a marketing deal with the Packers next year. All will be well. :) 8-)

Gunakor
01-08-2010, 08:49 PM
I fear our lack of depth in the secondary is badly exposed by that #3 WR on teams that are deep enough.....Bush, Martin, Bell....if Bigby need to take more coverage responsibility....it all scares me

It's not looking like Breaston will be the #3 come Sunday. Boldin probably won't play, which would bump Breaston up to #2 where T-Will will do just fine in coverage. If Boldin isn't playing, the Cards don't have 3 WR's that scare me. And last I heard on WTMJ in Milwaukee this morning on my way home from work, Boldin still wasn't working out or practicing.

gex
01-08-2010, 10:48 PM
Packers lose to the Vikings in the NFC Championship...Vikings go on to win the Super Bowl....Favre wins Super Bowl MVP and retires. :D :tup:

superfan
01-10-2010, 02:19 PM
My worst fear is Warner with the ball in his hands, less than 2:00 in the game, and within a score. Yes, the defense has improved, when was the last time a critical stop was made by the defense to seal a victory?

Bretsky
01-10-2010, 02:24 PM
My worst fear is Warner with the ball in his hands, less than 2:00 in the game, and within a score. Yes, the defense has improved, when was the last time a critical stop was made by the defense to seal a victory?

When was the last time they had to besides the Pitt game :?:

superfan
01-10-2010, 02:27 PM

Can't recall any this year, must have been last year. Different defense, but the scars remain...

Pugger
01-10-2010, 02:33 PM
According to the GB P-G Boldin is out of today's game!

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/insider/index.shtml

mission
01-10-2010, 02:36 PM

Can't recall any this year, must have been last year. Different defense, but the scars remain...

I think we've had some big fourth quarter stops this year. Dallas, 49ers... I can't seem to remember many specifics (you know!) but I know we've had some "that would have never happened last year" discussions about our defense during gameday threads.

Sure someone can help me out here.

Joemailman
01-10-2010, 02:42 PM

Stopped the Bears 3 teams in the 4th quarter at Chicago protecting a 21-14 lead.