PDA

View Full Version : Rodgers on NFL Network this morning

Pugger
01-10-2010, 10:15 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/09000d5d8159cdd5/Rodgers-ready-to-shine

MJZiggy
01-10-2010, 10:20 AM
Very nice...

MOBB DEEP
01-10-2010, 10:21 AM
what a treat.... :D

Bretsky
01-10-2010, 12:09 PM
Rodgers is 10x as smart than Favre in dealing with the media. Very smooth

mission
01-10-2010, 12:12 PM

He must have got an education at Cal-Berkeley... impressive young man.

packerbacker1234
01-10-2010, 12:18 PM

Well, until favre's later years when he was constantly asked about retirement, Favre wasn't that bad with the media. I mean remember, the media fell in love with Favre almost as quickly as they are starting to like Rodgers.

As packer fans, we are one of the very lucky franchises to be able to replace a HOF QB with a guy who is really good in his own right.

mission
01-10-2010, 12:19 PM

Well, until favre's later years when he was constantly asked about retirement, Favre wasn't that bad with the media. I mean remember, the media fell in love with Favre almost as quickly as they are starting to like Rodgers.

As packer fans, we are one of the very lucky franchises to be able to replace a HOF QB with a guy who is really good in his own right.

No one said that he was "that bad" with the media. Just that AR is 10x better. :D

RashanGary
01-10-2010, 01:18 PM
When Favre was humble, when Favre believed it was bout his teammates, he was great with the media because his personality great and his attitude about who he was, was humble. He was a guy people liked, no, loved.

As he got older, more arrogant, he was bound to screw it up. If you think you're smarter than the front office, if you think you're better than the people you play with, you can't hide it. It comes out. Comparing one self to Tiger woods, bitching about front office decisions, having your own lockerroom, not showoing up for offseason work, flip flopping around like every one of his decisions is all about him and damn everyone else. When you start thinking this way, you can't hide it, you can't be smart. You are a guy people don't like.

I wouldn't say Rodgers is smarter than Brett. I'd say Rodgers is humble and likable right now. NObody has told Rodgers he's the hero and everyone else stinks if weren't for him. Favre used to be that way and sadly the people who worship him (along with his inability to see within himself), ruined him. Hopefully Rodgers can take a step back and realize all of the success he has is because of the people around him, hard work and some talent too. As long as he keeps it in that order, he'll seem really smart with the media because people like other people who are genuinely humble even though their great at what they do.

MOBB DEEP
01-10-2010, 08:07 PM
When Favre was humble, when Favre believed it was bout his teammates, he was great with the media because his personality great and his attitude about who he was, was humble. He was a guy people liked, no, loved.

As he got older, more arrogant, he was bound to screw it up. If you think you're smarter than the front office, if you think you're better than the people you play with, you can't hide it. It comes out. Comparing one self to Tiger woods, bitching about front office decisions, having your own lockerroom, not showoing up for offseason work, flip flopping around like every one of his decisions is all about him and damn everyone else. When you start thinking this way, you can't hide it, you can't be smart. You are a guy people don't like.

I wouldn't say Rodgers is smarter than Brett. I'd say Rodgers is humble and likable right now. NObody has told Rodgers he's the hero and everyone else stinks if weren't for him. Favre used to be that way and sadly the people who worship him (along with his inability to see within himself), ruined him. Hopefully Rodgers can take a step back and realize all of the success he has is because of the people around him, hard work and some talent too. As long as he keeps it in that order, he'll seem really smart with the media because people like other people who are genuinely humble even though their great at what they do.

OMG! whats your motivation for championing your crazy cause? Is favre the lone primaddona pro athlete/ENTERTAINER? i heard sean penn is arrogant so go rip him.. :roll:

Dont you know that folks on either side of the "debate" will NEVER be swayed?? wasting your time or tacitly stirring pot buddy?

In the grand scheme of things none of these cats are better than say a missionary or teacher of special ed students; they merely play a game that pays them redic amount of money and ENTERTAIN us...thats ALL!!!!! why judge them or expect them to be ghandi?

ENTERTAINMENT

JUST like tiger woods is a mere mortal

live and let live and pray for ALL of humanity; thats MY cause